• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 31, 2017 (Jul 31 - Aug 06)

It should pass 24 once Ultra Sun/Moon is out. I don't think 25 lifetime is out of the question at all but I guess it will start slowing down next year.
It's almost sold 1m this year in the first 7 months with the holiday season still ahead and is up over last year, it should sell 24m LTD by the end of the calendar year, and if next year sales drop 50%, it would make 25m LTD, now 26m? that is probably not going to happen.
Damn, so 25mil is possible. Will be fun to see if it can make it.

Vinnk

Used sales are counted from all trackers,.

I honestly did not know that. Can you link me to where I might see that data? I feel foolish for not knowing this.

We know used market is huge since ever, it's not a current phenomenon.

Sorry if my post seemed in any way patronizing. But I thought those who just casually read media create threads or have never been to Japan might not realize how common the resale situation is here. It was not my intention to talk down to anyone or present this as groundbreaking new research. I am sorry if it came across that way.

L~A

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Road to 1 million

Switch LTD: 554 123
Wii U LTD: 133 024 (missing several weeks)
Total LTD: 687 147
Units left: 312 853
Weeks left: 21, so needs 14 897 units/week.

Luigiv

y2vgrlq.png

Switch has finally overtaken the 3DS but can it maintain the lead with the latter's price drop bump looming? Find out in the next
several
episode
s
of the GAF media create thread.

noshten

About the message from Nintendo from several weeks ago: They mention increased production for the fall, on top of increased shipments for July and August. Could we see a 3ds-like situation where massive numbers are throughout the fall and monstrous numbers during december? Would be awesome.

Well it could be that the forecast is extremely conservative. If the beat it by 30-50% they'd need to ship around 13-15 million for the fiscal year. To match the type of sales 3DS had during it's launch in Japan they need to ship 4 million by the end of 2017.
Currently Switch to me seems to be heading towards 3.5 million minimum for 2017 and 4.5 million maximum. They need to sell around 100K per week in the fall to be in a position to sell more than 4.5 million this year, even if December planned stock is over 1 million.

Currently MC numbers show a 61% attach rate for Splatoon 2, does MC count Amazon Digital copies?

jonno394

Fire Emblem Warriors absolutely has a shot.
Hyrule Warriors did over 100k on Wii U, and again on 3DS.

It definitely has a shot, I just don't think it will. Pokken also has a shot seeing as it did around 100k on Wii U (I think) but I think 150k is the ceiling on both.

Busaiku

It definitely has a shot, I just don't think it will. Pokken also has a shot seeing as it did around 100k on Wii U (I think) but I think 150 is the ceiling on both.
Pokkén is not the same situation, since it is still a port.
Fire Emblem Warriors is a new game, and Fire Emblem is bigger than The Legend of Zelda.

Zedark

y2vgrlq.png

Switch has finally overtaken the 3DS but can it maintain the lead with the latter's price drop bump looming? Find out in the next
several
episode
s
of the GAF media create thread.
I forgot there's still a week in between now and the price drop. With the mention from the retailer blog Chris referenced of possibly over 100k switch shipments this week and maybe the week after as well, Switch could stay ahead for the next few weeks (also dependent on the weekly shipments after that of course).

jonno394

I forgot there's still a week in between now and the price drop. With Chris' retailer blog mention of possible over 100k switch shipments this week and maybe the week after as well, Switch could stay ahead for the next few weeks (also dependant on the weekly shipments after ter that of course).

If Switch sells 100k next week then 60k the week after, Switch and 3DS will be pretty much level after the first week of 3DS price cut. It's after that when 3DS might surge ahead as it has another 100k+ week

Shin

Banned
Were there TV commercials in Japan for Crash or didn't Sony push it at all?
Their YouTube channel only has 2 videos of it and generally speaking I didn't see or hear much about the Japanese release of the game.
Hopefully it's like the original and it keeps selling well, which I do think will happen.

I forgot there's still a week in between now and the price drop. With Chris' retailer blog's mention of possible over 100k switch shipments this week and maybe the week after as well, Switch could stay ahead for the next few weeks (also dependent on the weekly shipments after that of course).

On target for outselling the Wii U this year!

Eolz

Bic Camera lotteries will give a more clear picture now that the sample is big enough but early hints from retailer blogs so far are that this will be a big week for Switch shipments, likely bigger than Splatoon 2 launch.

Damn that's great.

You'd be wrong. Crash was actually one of the few western game franchises to see success in Japan. The first Crash was actually the first foreign game to receive a Gold Prize for selling over 500,000 units there.

Crash definitely sold well, but there's no nostalgia for it in Japan. That's the point.

L~A

Nintendo 3DS - Road to 24 million

LTD: 23 158 040
Units left: 841 960
Weeks left: 21, so 40 093 units on average.

3DS really needs to get a strong headstart thanks to the Sumemr holidays, as I expected September/October to be pretty rough for hardware (all platforms).

2DS is really doing its job so far, sales would be down YoY if not for it. And amusing that N2DSXL has already sold half as much as the 2DS in just two weeks.

They are shipping a lot more Switches now. Good!

It's still sold out though and I doubt that will change anytime soon. Maybe early next year?
(just in time for the revision lmao)

Ah that's not that bad actually 1 million is certainly possible then sometime in Switches lifespan.

No way that BotW Switch+WiiU wont hit 1mil during the switches life. I would say this is a given. The real question is if it can do it this year imo.

Top Bottom