• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2014 (Aug 04 - Aug 10)

Foshy

Predictions:

Wii U 22k
Hyrule Warriors 70k

A few weeks ago I would've guess half of that for HW, but it's got a pretty big push from Nintendo. So combine that with Obon and it might surprise us.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
According to geimin.net, PS3's LTD at the end of 2007 (the year Gundam Musou was released) was 1,641,671, and it's close to WiiU's current LTD at 1,871,750. While the latter may be true, PS3 was also way more expensive than WiiU, so I think it's a fair comparison.

That's right, I wasn't paying attention, I was thinking more about the Dynasty Warriors as a whole. One could argue that Musou fans were among the firsts to get a PS3, as the first week sales for the Musou games didn't increase as much as the install base. DW 8 sold 203k at launch on 9 mio. install base.

SmokyDave

I'm going to revise mine slightly downward to 21k hardware, and 63k for Hyrule Warriors.

Will it beat the Vita? Too close to call for me.

I was expecting around 90k-100k for Hyrule Warriors, but after seeing it being #3 on Tatsuya, i'm more unsure.

Don't forget that yw2 likely got a big obon bump and it was only one of the 3 hyrule warriors editions at #3 so the others will add sales to it, so you could still be right

This is more because of the Wii U than the game itself. Too many disappointments with sales, alas.

I understand that feeling

we will know in 40mins

so much for my sleep I just want to see some changes on how WiiU software sells

Hyrule Warriors was pushed hard so I'm interested to see the results

Bruno MB

Prediction:

Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke - 178.000
Hyrule Warriors - 67.500
Mario Kart 8 - 29.000

Wii U - 18.500

SmokyDave

I don't understand what I am supposed to be looking at. A wallet? I don't get it.
One of the numbers on that page will be somehow relevant to the Wii U, or Hyrule Warriors. The same source did something similar before on an important (Vita?) week.

That one is too cryptic for me though, unless it's supposed to point to a 15% sell through, or a 15% rise / fall in hardware numbers.

2ZG9100540

hyrule warriors 100k
Oooooooooooooohhhh. Maybe.

What are we supposed to look at here? That first day sell-through was 15%? That it sold 35k? :p
Last time they used the product number of an yoyo to hint at LBX Wars first week sales (50217), so maybe 100,540 sold? :lol

But like I said, it could mean nothing. We will see in 15 minutes.

Here:

It says it isn't a complete revival yet.

And them it links to an yoyo on Amazon that has the number 50217.

Sakura

One of the numbers on that page will be somehow relevant to the Wii U, or Hyrule Warriors. The same source did something similar before on an important (Vita?) week.

That one is too cryptic for me though, unless it's supposed to point to a 15% sell through, or a 15% rise / fall in hardware numbers.

Hmm. If I order within the next 18 hours I can get it by 8/22.
8/22 is 0.36, or in terms of percentage 36%.
Attach rate is 36%.

Top Bottom