• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 32, 2017 (Aug 07 - Aug 13)

20./19. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571) – 3.353 / 2.802.588

wow

either only a few games sold last week, or it still has legs..

L~A

Funny, it's a holiday week yet all the consoles except Switch sold less than the previous week (of course the release of Dragon Quest XI rose PS4 and 3DS sales previously).

That's what I noticed, too. I guess the DQXI launch siphoned quite a few sales. Both consoles are up YoY this week, so it's that yeah.

MoonFrog

Wish DQXI 3DS was a bit higher but I don't know if that's me being unreasonable.

Still hoping for 2 million + in the end, the more the better.

PS4 version is doing well, but I'll be happy with that performance if it gets close to 1.5 on either side. Pretty sure it is going to do that and maybe a bit more.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I didn't search extensivelly but there aren't solid hints for Switch level stock the week of Obon. Bic Camera lotteries will show how high they'll be.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Arms moves up from 10 to 9.

No legs indeed. Kotaku knew what they were talking about.

As Chris said in last weeks thread, amazon had a bundle that included ARMS- MC tracks amazon and that probably accounts for the rise.

I thought Splatoon 2 would overtake DQ11 PS4 this week, but seems will definitely happen next week with Splatoon 2 rising WoW and DQ11 will continue to drop.

And hot damn, look at those Switch sales!!!

Ridley327

We don't have any numbers of Minecraft Switch? I have the feeling that is selling really really well.

I would imagine that's information that MS would have to share as of now, since it's still a digital-only title. I will be interested to see how it does in Japan once they get around to the physical release, since there is likely a market out there that's waiting for that before diving in.

Oemenia

Banned
Wish DQXI 3DS was a bit higher but I don't know if that's me being unreasonable.

Still hoping for 2 million + in the end, the more the better.

PS4 version is doing well, but I'll be happy with that performance if it gets close to 1.5 on either side. Pretty sure it is going to do that and maybe a bit more.
It's really going to matter even more now which version ends up on Switch.

ethomaz

Banned
Mukaebi was the 13th and today was Okuribi, so technically both weeks are a part of obon.
That exactly my point only Sunday counts as holiday this week while Monday and Tuesday counts as holiday next week.

Which one do you believe affect more sales? Next week is suppose to be the holiday week people are expecting.

If his comment was about next week then I won't even reply but I expect next week to shows more than 42k units sold for PS4 due holiday week like I expected a big drop below 40k this week.

13ruce

Banned
Holy shit 2 weeks till Splatoon 2 1 million goal:D

And damn at those Switch sales.
Great week.

Dragon Quest trucking nicely also.

z0m3le

Banned
That exactly my point only Sunday counts as holiday this week while Monday and Tuesday counts as holiday next week.

Which one do you believe affect more sales? Next week is suppose to be the holiday week people are expecting.

why don't you just look up previous obon holidays and see for yourself?

random25

Switch stock has increased but it's not enough to end the lotteries yet, so how much do they need? 150k a week?

100k a week should loosen up the tight demand situation. It's already trying to track like the 3DS in its heyday, and that was selling like 6 digits weekly.

Reki

Good Switch numbers! Waiting for the graph that alignes it with 3DS.

And those Snack World sales aren't that bad... but wasn't Level 5 expecting it to be the next Yo-Kai Watch? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Top Bottom