• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2011 (Aug 15 - Aug 21)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
08./09. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus | SPT | (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} | ¥5.800 | - 20.969 / 502.326 (+2%)
*scratches his head*

It's definitely impressive for the 3DS to stay so high in the following week. It should manage to establish itself at a much higher baseline now. So far, the price drop seems to have been a big success.

Jaruru

GO Rhythm Heaven~ can't wait for this game
3DS is doing fine 2nd week. hopefully the conference next month will keep this moving

Boney

Banned
Seeing Rhythm Heaven up there for so long brings tears to my eyes.

Baby I'm waiting for you to come here!

Road

Chris1964 said:
I surely love PS3. Last week Zelda this week Jikkyou.
It'd be much easier if 4Gamer didn't use images. Parsing the source to extract the platform is annoying.

Rolf NB

Paracelsus said:
It's the fifth year in the market, there hasn't been one console in history of gaming still priced over 199$ at that point.
I expected 50kish regardless. Seems like all eyes are on the 3DS now.

Road

Busaiku said:
I thought Japan didn't have any bundled games.
It didn't until WSR (and a second Wii Remote Plus) started to be bundled with every Wii in June.

It was Japan's "price cut".

Good second week for the 3DS. PSP at 40k. Wow. There is not even any significant software released this week. The PSP might get a boost with Gundam game coming up next week. Nest week should be really interesting.

BurntPork

Banned
Beam said:
Good second week for the 3DS. PSP at 40k. Wow. There is not even any significant software released this week. The PSP might get a boost with Gundam game coming up next week. Nest week should be really interesting.
It's getting Gundam next week? PSP just might beat 3DS then...

Someone should get the chalkboard ready just in case.

Rolf NB

flawfuls said:
Wow DSi sales still haven't dropped. Are they selling them at a discounted price or something?
DS sales are at less than a fifth of what they were last year. Is that not a drop?

LOCK

So far 300k people bought the 3DS now based on a price drop. Just wait till people actually have games they want to play.

Yeah, the 3DS is going to do gangbusters this holiday.

flawfuls

Busaiku said:
Maybe people just want bigger screens?
I could understand why the LL is still selling, but I find it weird that the regular DSi hasn't dropped considering it is now the same price as a 3DS.

Rolf NB said:
DS sales are at less than a fifth of what they were last year. Is that not a drop?
It hasn't dropped at all since the price drop which makes absoultly no sense to me.

[Nintex]

If Nintendo can keep this up and gets Monster Hunter and a bunch of other new games out during the next couple of months they're pretty much set in Japan. I always considered the US but especially Europe the more fragile handheld markets.

Alrus

The ps3 price drop is kind of a failure.... I expected 40k for the PS3 :/

Really good numbers for the 3DS, now it really needs new software :)

Cipherr

So last year DS did 1.5m YTD and PSP did 1.3m YTD. It appears that this year the 3DS will do better than DS did last year and the PSP will have a yoy growth as well. Someone needs to tell these guys that smartphones are killing handheld gaming.

/Douses the thread with gasoline.

wrowa

flawfuls said:
I could understand why the LL is still selling, but I find it weird that the regular DSi hasn't dropped considering it is now the same price as a 3DS.
The DSi sales are so low that it can be safely assumed that the people who buy it want specifically a DSi, for whatever reason.

[Nintex]

Alrus said:
The ps3 price drop is kind of a failure.... I expected 40k for the PS3 :/
Sony kinda messed up with that one the drop isn't big enough. Drop $100 or go for bundles, $50 is more like a regular retailer promotion/deal than an actual pricedrop that could fuel sales.

Busaiku

flawfuls said:
3DS does either stretches DS games or the picture is overall smaller.
This might be the reason why people are still getting DSi.

Coxy said:
how did neptunia mk2 do compared to the first?
33K first week is a decent step up.
4502+-+Geimu+Neputeyunu+hyperdimensional+-+PS3

test_account

XP-39C²
I think that the PS3 pricedrop happened too fast to have any big effect just yet. It went from announcement to pricedrop the next day, people werent prepared. And $50 isnt exactly that much either.

gcubed said:
not sure what Sony expected by a $50 drop... and its still strange to me to kill off the PSP in its strongest market first.
I know what you mean, but the PSP wont be killed off. The PSP will still be for sale even after the release of the PS Vita. Even the PS2 is still for sale eventhough the PS3 has been out for nearly 5 years.

gcubed

test_account said:
I think that the PS3 pricedrop happened too fast to have any big effect just yet. It went from announcement to pricedrop the next day, people werent prepared. And $50 isnt exactly that much either.

I know what you mean, but the PSP wont be killed off. The PSP will still be for sale even after the release of the PS Vita. Even the PS2 is still for sale eventhough the PS3 has been out for nearly 5 years.

so maybe not kill off, but impact sales. I'm sure the psp is a pretty good profit per sale for Sony right now, with the vita MAYBE being break even. Why jeopardize sales in a location where you still actually, you know, sell it.

Coxy

JoshuaJSlone said:
33K first week is a decent step up.

wonderful, thanks, hopefully they'll keep up this pattern of improvement

Sony kinda messed up with that one the drop isn't big enough. Drop $100 or go for bundles, $50 is more like a regular retailer promotion/deal than an actual pricedrop that could fuel sales.

it's too little to make a huge difference on its own, however I think it'll prove to be a good move when supported by the huge amount of software coming in the near future

Really happy to see Rhythm Tengoku Wii continue to sell. Such a great game. Kirby Mass Attack is up to a decent number now too, I would imagine that's another game with legs.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's incomplete
Both of Nintendo games and some big TP and others announced today or recently, little but good to see on the platform

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I had no idea that Rhythm Heaven was that popular in Japan. Selling so well. PSP continues to sell well, too, and 3DS had a nice second week at the new price.

Grimmy

Banned
I know it's Famitsu, but....

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS, Atlus): 8, 8, 8, 8 - (32/40)
Grand Knights History (PSP, Marvelous): 10, 9, 9, 8 - (36/40)
Nanodiver (PSP, Takara Tomy): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows (PSP, 5pb): 7, 7, 8, 6 - (28/40)
Jinsei Game: Happy Family (Wii, Takara Tomy): 7, 5, 6, 6 - (24/40)

Wow at the Grand Knights History score!

test_account

XP-39C²
gcubed said:
so maybe not kill off, but impact sales. I'm sure the psp is a pretty good profit per sale for Sony right now, with the vita MAYBE being break even. Why jeopardize sales in a location where you still actually, you know, sell it.
Fair point, but it might be good to release the successor when the current system is such popular. But i think that the PSP will still contunie to do well after the PS Vita. The PS Vita is afterall not backwards compatible with physical PSP games.

Alrus

Does the Wii sport Resort bundle include the sales of the Wii bundle or is it just the stand alone one by the way?

[Nintex] said:
If Nintendo can keep this up and gets Monster Hunter and a bunch of other new games out during the next couple of months they're pretty much set in Japan. I always considered the US but especially Europe the more fragile handheld markets.
Fragile in what way? The DS was the best selling platform last month in the US and the PSP was dead in the water for quite sometime in the West. Nintendo has never had to worry about competition in the handheld arena except when they are fighting against themselves.

Japan is the only region that has a viable competitor in the handheld arena. Unless of course we're talking about smartphones....

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Let's just say that *atm* it looks like people itt calling the 3DS price drop almost futile with no big games to give enough reasons to buy the system were definitely WRONG.

Top Bottom