• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2012 (Aug 13 - Aug 19)

muu

Is Dragon Quest doing better numbers than FFXI? Wonder if it has the potential to be an even bigger money-maker for SE, at least in Japan.

It's got as many sales now as there were subscribers at the peak of ff11, when they began service worldwide. Anyone saying it's struggling is clueless and uninformed.

Ps2 sales of ff11 was counted to about 130k I believe.

Aeana

It's got as many sales now as there were subscribers at the peak of ff11, when they began service worldwide. Anyone saying it's struggling is clueless and uninformed.

Ps2 sales of ff11 was counted to about 130k I believe.

Well, let's wait and see what the actual subscriber base looks like before we make any definitive statements. The first free periods begin expiring tomorrow.

Alrus

Marvelous must be really happy about their 3DS support, all their games have performed really well so far. It'll be interesting to see if Senran Kagura Burst can do the same kind of numbers the original did.

Also really curious how Soul Hackers will perform, I don't expect anything crazy but I'd be great if Atlus could find success on the platform too.

The Vita is still struggling, Miku will push some hardware but it won't sustain sales for more than a week, and after that the lineup just looks very barren. We'll see if there's some surprises at TGS I guess.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I have a suspect Soul Hackers could surpirse most of us, due to SMTIV trailer + Raidou ( his announcement gave a huge boost to preorders)

Marvelous must be really happy about their 3DS support, all their games have performed really well so far. It'll be interesting to see if Senran Kagura Burst can do the same kind of numbers the original did.

Also really curious how Soul Hackers will perform, I don't expect anything crazy but I'd be great if Atlus could find success on the platform too.

The Vita is still struggling, Miku will push some hardware but it won't sustain sales for more than a week, and after that the lineup just looks very barren. We'll see if there's some surprises at TGS I guess.

Imo, Senran Kagura Burst might sell around 85k, while Devil Summon could top 100k.

Taurus

Oh wow nintendo console top 10.

and now semi pacman
001.gif
That is not a pac-man! Someone please create a pac-man!

muu

Well, let's wait and see what the actual subscriber base looks like before we make any definitive statements. The first free periods begin expiring tomorrow.

Free period is 20 days inc the first day, so today in Japan was actually the first day subscriptions began to expire.

Oersted

Tohoku University Aging Medicine Research Institute - Headed By Professor Ryuta Kawashima - Train your Brain Effectively in 5 minutes a day with Oni Training

first lesson: learn this name. repeat it thousand times without any help.

Looks like New Super Mario Bros 2 is shaking off some of that "tepid" pre-release impressions and starting to catch on with people. Consistently over 100,000 for the last 4 MC weeks.

Our copy just came in yesterday from Amazon. I expect it to be fun, even if it's not a 'evolution'

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Hope they can recreate the success of the predecessor with Senran Kagura Burst but i kinda doubt it - the first game had the luck of being released in a time frame were there wasnt much competition - thats not the case anymore. If it happens, good for them but i have my doubt.

+100k for Soul Hackers would be a great result since its just a Port/Remake - that SMT 4 Trailer is a nice incentive though.

Aeana

Free period is 20 days inc the first day, so today in Japan was actually the first day subscriptions began to expire.

I meant tomorrow is the first day that people won't actually be able to access without paying. The free period lasts until the end of the 20th day.

Alrus

I think Senran Kagura Burst will have a higher first week than the original, but maybe less legs. It hasn't even been a year since the original and there's more competition, but the franchise is more well known so it should offset those a bit. The original launched at a perfect time and it probably wouldn't have been as successful if it launched later, but now the brand is established, competition will be less of an issue. (when is the anime launching btw? That could help as well)

Personally I don't think a trailer for SMTIV will help Soul Hackers that much, it's going to be on Nico Nico/Youtube nearly as soon as the game releases most likely. Still, there's Raidou and the SMT brand is pretty consistent. 100k+ would be great considering it's a port.

muu

I meant tomorrow is the first day that people won't actually be able to access without paying. The free period lasts until the end of the 20th day.

Service began on the 2nd so 20th day was 21st (Tuesday). Folks mentioned they could keep playing on the 22nd as long as they were logged in, but server update in 6am Japan time means folks who started first day but did not renew are not logged in right now.

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 didn't give it a significant boost, and that was probably its last real chance to make a push for 33m.

Has Nintedo significantly dropped hardware prices like they have in the US though? I think it will definitely hit 32.9 but that last 100k is going to be incredibly difficult, unless of course there's still wiggle room on price.

Aeana

Service began on the 2nd so 20th day was 21st (Tuesday). Folks mentioned they could keep playing on the 22nd as long as they were logged in, but server update in 6am Japan time means folks who started first day but did not renew are not logged in right now.

Guess you're right.
Either way, semantics aside, we'll need to see how things go before we call it a rousing success.

Hope they can recreate the success of the predecessor with Senran Kagura Burst but i kinda doubt it - the first game had the luck of being released in a time frame were there wasnt much competition - thats not the case anymore. If it happens, good for them but i have my doubt.

+100k for Soul Hackers would be a great result since its just a Port/Remake - that SMT 4 Trailer is a nice incentive though.

You must consider that Burst will have the first game as well in the cartridge, and that there's an anime in the pipeline. Also, the franchise is more well known now.

As for Devil Summoner, I do think it has a great reputation so it might sell well in anticipation of SMTIV.

hiska-kun

I think Senran Kagura Burst will have a higher first week than the original, but maybe less legs. It hasn't even been a year since the original and there's more competition, but the franchise is more well known so it should offset those a bit. The original launched at a perfect time and it probably wouldn't have been as successful if it launched later, but now the brand is established, competition will be less of an issue. (when is the anime launching btw? That could help as well)

Personally I don't think a trailer for SMTIV will help Soul Hackers that much, it's going to be on Nico Nico/Youtube nearly as soon as the game releases most likely. Still, there's Raidou and the SMT brand is pretty consistent. 100k+ would be great considering it's a port.

But what do you expect First Week? Soul Hackers is going to outsell Senran Kagura from first day. Not doubt about it.

Alrus

But what do you expect First Week? Soul Hackers is going to outsell Senran Kagura from first day. Not doubt about it.

I'm terrible with predictions :| Something like a 60-65k opening for Senran Kagura would be great. I have absolutely no idea how popular old style SMT games are right now, but I guess an opening around 75k would be really good.

Jaruru

Nintendo only TOP 10. wow. it's coming back?

great to see some steady sales for those top 3 titles. well, the DQ sale is definitely interesting to watch

Alrus

Has Vita had any hit games yet? In any region? I enjoy Lumines, Rayman, and MK, but I don't see anything that would have made me buy a Vita if I wasn't a whore for Lumines.

P4G is the most successful Vita game in Japan, at around 200k iirc... Yeah... In other regions, Uncharted did pretty well I guess. With the really pitiful install base you can't really expect much more unfortunately...

Vita software will stay in the toilet as long as the assumption remains that the big exclusives will be on PS3 immediately or eventually.

Going to be hard to break that mentality, though.

I think Senran Kagura Burst will have a higher first week than the original, but maybe less legs.
Hee hee.

hiska-kun

I'm terrible with predictions :| Something like a 60-65k opening for Senran Kagura would be great. I have absolutely no idea how popular old style SMT games are right now, but I guess an opening around 75k would be really good.

Seems good. But I expect a little more for Soul Hackers.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Vita software will stay in the toilet as long as the assumption remains that the big exclusives will be on PS3 immediately or eventually.

Going to be hard to break that mentality, though.
It's funny that somehow, the Vita is now more in direct competition with the PS3 when it comes to it's software library than the 3DS. The 3DS has mostly took software away from the PSP so far, not the Vita. In turn, the Vita is at risk of seeing it's software being available as well on the PS3, thanks to the Crossbuy initiative.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nice sales, if only they could replicate that success in the West so that those on the fence can stop worrying about the system's future in terms of support and localizations and just buy it already...

Top Bottom