• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2012 (Aug 13 - Aug 19)

Cuddler

PES14 being FOX Engine also makes me wonder if they'll drop the SD versions next year (Wii/PS2/PSP/3DS)?

I really don't think so, they probably just continue doing roster update every year. Even more interesting is to see what is going to happen with PS4/NextXbox. Probably even the WiiU and Vita versions will become only roster update too.

Nekki

If it can go to PS3/360 i don't see how it can't go to Wii U. Only thing that matters is the interest in making games with it, i guess. I guess we will see it, since it's not exclusive to Kojima games, is it?

Boney

Banned
It uses the gyroscope for flight (or aiming aerial attacks), the touch screen gliding and launching special attacks. Porting it to PS3 would give it a benefit of cleaner visuals, but loses the game's unique control set since while you can map some things to the PS3's extra buttons, the gyro stuff just isn't the same with a DS3 than it is Vita.
but all the gyro is optional regardless if it's a better control scheme

Takao

Banned
but all the gyro is optional regardless if it's a better control scheme

It is, but as you mention using the gyro is considerably better than using the sticks hence a worse control method on PS3. They could use the DS3 gyro, but because the screen isn't in the controller some of the movement may feel a bit disconnected.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok. Please, don't tell me this was the Famitsu scoop for this week. Damn.

Road

Prediction League September 2012

Predict how much these titles will sell in the period (from Aug 27 to Sep 30):

[3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (5 wk) - 111,111
[3DS] Senran Kagura Burst (5 wk) - 66,666
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (5 wk) - 155,555
[PSP] Gundam AGE: CD / UA (5 wk) - 88,888
[PS3+360] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (3 wk) - 99,999
[3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle 2nd (3 wk) - 55,555
[3DS] Medabots 7: Metabee / Rokusho (3 wk) - 77,777
[PSP] Final Fantasy III (2 wk) - 66,666
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation Overworld (1 wk) - 188,888
[PS3+360] Dead or Alive 5 (1 wk) - 77,777
[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta (1 wk) - 33,333

Deadline: August, 29th 09:00 am (EDT) (when Famitsu and Media Create publish the weekly sales)

hiska-kun

Prediction League September 2012

Predict how much these titles will sell in the period (from Aug 27 to Sep 30):

[3DS] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (5 wk) – 129.000
[3DS] Senran Kagura Burst (5 wk) – 75.000
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (5 wk) – 179.000
[PSP] Gundam AGE: CD / UA (5 wk) – 52.000
[PS3+360] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (3 wk) – 99.000
[3DS] Samurai Warriors Chronicle 2nd (3 wk) – 79.000
[3DS] Medabots 7: Metabee / Rokusho (3 wk) – 111.000
[PSP] Final Fantasy III (2 wk) – 59.000
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation Overworld (1 wk) – 149.000
[PS3+360] Dead or Alive 5 (1 wk) – 49.000
[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta (1 wk) – 36.000

So there's a wide idea that Devil Summoner will cross the 100k mark... That'd be really good for Atlus, since those are Strange Journey's numbers, that means 3DS is more receptive than DS for Atlus games.

Alrus

So there's a wide idea that Devil Summoner will cross the 100k mark... That'd be really good for Atlus, since those are Strange Journey's numbers, that means 3DS is more receptive than DS for Atlus games.

Wasn't Strange Journey plagued by massive shortages? I recall people saying it hurts its sales quite a bit. But yeah, over 100k would be great for Atlus and a positive sign for SMT IV.

---

Mod Edit - New thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489026

spwolf

I really don't think so, they probably just continue doing roster update every year. Even more interesting is to see what is going to happen with PS4/NextXbox. Probably even the WiiU and Vita versions will become only roster update too.

i dont see why would they be roster updates it is all in the same engine.

I wouldnt expect too much from PES14... it can easily suck due to brand new gameplay engine.

Top Bottom