• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2013 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

DaBoss

As for Comgnet

01./NEW [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle – 891pt

Holy shit!! Best opening week of a game in 2013?

At the moment, DQ7r has the best opening week for a game released in 2013. MH4 should beat that, and then there is X/Y after it.

EDIT: Could be Tomodachi. AKA Friend Collection. Nevermind.

That's not why it's selling.

I meant to say that is why it seems to be selling well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Don't worry guys, even though that rumor is fake, I'm sure we'll all get the Type-0 game Square Enix thinks we deserve.

This was posted in the Sony pre-TGS conference thread, but I thought it could be interesting to talk about here too.

And I'll repost the question I asked in the same thread

Anyone who's familiar with 2ch can check who posted this? We need to know if the poster is reliable / already leaked stuff in the past. I know there have been some stuff leaked by 2ch in the past, but there have also been so many fakes by 2ch in the past. And the fakes are more than the real scoops :p

Persona 5 on 3DS......bwahahahahaha Atlus aren't Capcom.

100% fake.

Who honestly believes 2chan rumours? The only people that believe them are those who want them to be true.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Persona 5 for 3DS sounds like fanfiction.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If Atlus took Persona exclusively to 3DS I'd sell every Atlus game I own, and never buy another.
This posts are the only reason why I'd would and such an announcement. But yeah 3DS wont get P5, the would have put other Persona games on the platform if this was their strategy for the IP.

wrowa

Any idea when we are getting news about Atlus' buyer? Who knows if Persona 5 is not going to become some social mobile game anyway. :p

DaBoss

Posts about Persona in various threads on GAF makes one think it is a high-selling series that can help a console/handheld sell immensely.

Tizoc

Aw yeah

Gogo Jojo

I think you mean
Jojoagogo_cover.jpg

BlackJace

I'm honestly ready to expect any platform for Persona 5. I was surprised for IV to be on 3DS.

I don't want P5 to be on 3DS (at least not exclusively), but I'm not ruling out the possibility.

I'm honestly ready to expect any platform for Persona 5. I was surprised for IV to be on 3DS.

I don't want P5 to be on 3DS (at least not exclusively), but I'm not ruling out the possibility.

They spent two years working on a engine for, I don't think they would do that for 3DS. I also think that IV was on 3DS for budget reasons. Expect PS3(which is what Kagari hinted at I think).

TheChaos0

SMT IV was less surprising because other SMT games were on DS and 3DS.

BlackJace

I suppose you're both right. PS3 would be fine and dandy, with a Vita rerelease down the road.

I wonder if there's still a few PS4 hopefuls left :p

I believe the only true "surprising" 3DS game was from the Devil Summoner series.

You had:

Devil Summoner - 1995 on Sega Saturn
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 1997 on Sega Saturn
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 1998 on PlayStation
Devil Summoner (remake) - 2005 on PlayStation Portable
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (remake) - 2012 on Nintendo 3DS

Yeah since PS2 there were no SMT games on platforms other than DS/3DS so only suprise was that it's main numbered entry not spinoff.

And P5 is probably in works since Catherine so way before 3DS started dominating anything in Japan.

I suppose you're both right. PS3 would be fine and dandy, with a Vita rerelease down the road.

I wonder if there's still a few PS4 hopefuls left :p

She said they'll be on current gen for a little while longer, so yeah PS3. I don't think a PS4 port would be too hard, but why do a PS4 port day 1 when you can add a couple of features and make people double dip on the game later on?

L Thammy

Persona 5 on 3DS......bwahahahahaha Atlus aren't Capcom.

Well, certainly, every mainline Persona game has debuted on a PlayStation system even when other Megaten games fall around everywhere. It doesn't fit the pattern. Seems like Duckroll and Aeana have been whispering about it as well.

If Dragon Quest XI moved to mobile, I don't think it would be super surprising. The series likes to be on popular systems. However, since several 3DS Dragon Quest games have been laid down, it would make more sense for XII to be mobile.

Who honestly believes 2chan rumours? The only people that believe them are those who want them to be true.

There was that one that was almost completely true. Predicted Dragon Quest VII remake and Rhythm Thief. The only troubling things were its mention of Bayonetta 2 (canceled by SEGA and revived - seems appropriate) and Monster Hunter P3rd HD for Vita (unknown - might have just been confused at Vita's BC features being shown off, or maybe cancelled).

test_account

XP-39C²
There was that one that was almost completely true. Predicted Dragon Quest VII remake and Rhythm Thief. The only troubling things were its mention of Bayonetta 2 (canceled by SEGA and revived - seems appropriate) and Monster Hunter P3rd HD for Vita (unknown - might have just been confused at Vita's BC features being shown off, or maybe cancelled).
I think the rumor was about a CG movie with Bayonetta, not about a new Bayonetta game.

cafemomo

Only Purse Owner I see ending up on the 3DS would be 3 to tie in the movie.

P5 has a higher chance of ending up on a phone than the 3DS

Top Bottom