• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2014 (Aug 18 - Aug 24)

Road

Care to elaborate? I have never seen the sell through percentage decrease (say, from 80-100 to 60-80) as a result of a new shipment.

Look at Dragon's Crown: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651623 (can't remember of others)

You could argue it sold through 80-100% of the new shipment, I guess. :p

The 20% range is very big. For instance,

week1: 99k copies sold / 100k shipped = 99% sellthrough
week2: 120k copies sold / 150k shipped = 80% sellthrough

You won't see any difference because both are "80-100%".

There have been a few examples, though:

2014-03-03 23 [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 4,749 / 22,030 <80-100%>
2014-03-10 26 [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 3,584 / 25,614 <60-80%>

2013-09-02 4 [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 18,368 / 18,368 <80-100%>
2013-09-09 18 [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 3,449 / 21,817 <60-80%>

2013-11-25 7 [WIU] Wii Party U - 29,530 / 177,008 <60-80%>
2013-12-02 7 [WIU] Wii Party U - 49,344 / 226,352 <40-60%>

2014-02-24 9 [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties - 18,032 / 18,032 <80-100%>
2014-03-03 22 [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties - 5,246 / 23,278 <60-80%>

:)

Do we have any updated number on how much MH4 has sold in total by the way? Retail + download sales.
Crossed 3.8 million just recently.
glXI0b7.gif

Retail: 3,517,297
Digital: 288,173 (missing November)
Total: 3,805,470

The 20% range is very big. For instance,

week1: 99k copies sold / 100k shipped = 99% sellthrough
week2: 120k copies sold / 150k shipped = 80% sellthrough

You won't see any difference because both are "80-100%".

There have been a few examples, though:

2014-03-03 23 [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 4,749 / 22,030 <80-100%>
2014-03-10 26 [PS4] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 3,584 / 25,614 <60-80%>

2013-09-02 4 [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 18,368 / 18,368 <80-100%>
2013-09-09 18 [PS3] Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - 3,449 / 21,817 <60-80%>

2013-11-25 7 [WIU] Wii Party U - 29,530 / 177,008 <60-80%>
2013-12-02 7 [WIU] Wii Party U - 49,344 / 226,352 <40-60%>

2014-02-24 9 [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties - 18,032 / 18,032 <80-100%>
2014-03-03 22 [PSV] Deception IV: Blood Ties - 5,246 / 23,278 <60-80%>
Awesome, thanks for this!

My reply is of course related to what i quoted :) He talked about doubling the shipment to sell more, and i'm just saying that i dont think there is a supply/demand problem now. Or in other words, increasing the shipment of MH4 now probably wont increase the weekly sales that much, if anything at all. I dont think there is a high enough demand for the game now to warrant higher shipments.

Capcom is just stuffing channels and decreasing artificially MH4's price to not produce and ship the Best version this time, since MH4U is out one year and a month after the launch of the original.

Rolf NB

wtf how does PS4 drop with two new games charting o_O
Everything dropped post-holiday bump.
Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2014 (Aug 18 - Aug 24)
<...>
HARDWARE
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  ALL  |     69.914 |    106.020 |     89.357 |  3.730.426 |  4.487.989 |  53.690.532 |
34% down overall.

The hardware bump you should expect from these releases was absorbed by a larger market motion, and then some. Instead of going up, it only managed to drop very little.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Everything dropped post-holiday bump.

34% down overall.

The hardware bump you should expect from these releases was absorbed by a larger market motion, and then some. Instead of going up, it only managed to drop very little.

Yeah, this was a post-Holiday week, so of course PS4 was going to see sales decreased this week, since everything decreased. Especially because it hadn't anything strong enough to counter the post-Holiday period.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think Yakuza could be a good canditate: franchise with a big focus on Japan, not relying that much on overseas sales (actually, not at all ;__; ). I'd say Persona and Tales of as well, but we've already had remakes of more on handhelds for quite some time, so I don't think it could count that much...unless there's a simultaneous home/handheld release. Fighting games made just for consoles like Dragon Ball (Battle of Z was a Vita release as well), Naruto, JoJo; later versions like BlazBlue or Dead or Alive.

But, now that I think about it, so many "home" franchises in Japan are already on handhelds, even in their main forms, so it wouldn't be something completely unexpected. Main example: this gen, thanks to Sony tools, the Warriors franchise has seen a big expansion on handhelds, with simultaneous releases of main titles /expansions on PS3 and Vita. Heck, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster was on Vita as well. So, maybe I'd better be talking about franchises which are already on Sony portable devices that, due to its successor possibly not happening, could come also to next Nintendo handheld (like Warriors main games, Dragon Ball fighting games, Nobunaga's Ambition main titles, etc.etc.).

Talking about Japanese franchises with an international focus that could be released on 4DS too, I think there could be a possibility for Kingdom Hearts, given also it's a Disney title as well, not just SE.

EDIT: Also, making this post made me seriously think about how, between 3DS and Vita (and DS and PSP back then), there are so many "home" franchises already on handhelds, even with their main releases, and also about how many "handheld" franchises aren't that much on "home" consoles. XD
Oh sorry, I meant to ask about international titles specifically, but yes a lot of franchises in general have at least spin-offs or ports on handhelds given the market shift.

That said, for the Kingdom Hearts reasoning, does Disney release handheld games anymore?

They even dropped the 3DS for Disney Infinity 2.0 while adding in PS4/XB1.

They also seemed to take zero objection to Square Enix making Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4/XB1 or EA releasing Star Wars games only on PS4/XB1/PC.

Internally they seem to focus basically all their non-Infinity effort, especially for kids, toward mobile.

sörine

Banned
We're talking about sales volumes on these series that are so large that even if they go down they're still making large profits on gigantic budgets.

I mean sure, if the game tanks down to 2-3 million it's a huge problem for them, but even if it declines to 4 million I don't think this is an issue because they've established they still have a relevant brand and can make games much faster in the future given the base they've established.

If we're looking at Harvest Moon then sure, maybe someone crunches the numbers and goes "Well it's not like we're getting enough sales that it wouldn't be more worthwhile to put a bunch of effort into a mobile game." or "Well Dragon's Dogma was a major loss. Just make an f2p game and put the rest into various mobile projects.", but these are flagship titles that have notable buffers due to their gigantic sales volume.

Like I feel you could have picked a really wide breadth of games to disappear here, and we've certainly seen most of the Japanese console industry evaporate, but at least two of the three you listed in particular are two of the ones most shielded against this issue due to their giant Western fanbases.
Would they really though? I mean wasn't Tomb Raider a rather public company rocking disappointment at 3.4m? If FFXV, MGSV or RE7 drop to 4m while costs are still rising then I'm not sure that's a phenomenon their publishers will look at and decide to just ride out and keep going as is. Especially given the propensity for debut franchise releases each generation to also be the best selling. I guess that's where we don't see eye to eye, I'm unsure if that big buffer is really all that big?

Yes my picks were problematic due to the wider western appeal, and in the west consoles are looking to still be a very lucrative market, but that's also why I picked them. That's sort of the question, when will those franchises hit the tipping point? I'd agree FF's positioned to be in question sooner than RE or MGS, but it was more about similarly scaled important global brands. You could swap in Kingdom Hearts or DMC or Tekken or Sonic if you like, but my query would be the same.

The problem is why do you think MGS would actually sell better being portable only? It makes zero sense. The game sells because it's an AAA production targeted to the Western market, Konami wants Assassin's Creed's numbers and AC sells like shit in Japan. And using your logic they should ignore portables (which is a declining market) and just go for mobile since mobile is the true king.

If those AAA games shift to portables or mobiles they won't be the same, they will completely change their identity. The most succesful games on portables/mobile are not AAA games, they are f2p puzzle games or Monster Hunters/Pokemon clones, publishers know it, this is why they make those kind of games for that market.

Even smaller Japanese series like Dark Souls found a big success thanks to the Western maket, especially on PC.

Your argument completely ignores the differences between franchises.
It's a general question about global brands from JP devs. I'm not arguing it'll be a smooth or easy transition, and yeah I'd imagine an iOS/Android FFXVII would be a lot different from a PS/Xbox FFXVII.

I have a hard time seeing Konami matching Ubisoft when it comes to the west under any circumstances though. I don't know if chasing the western console gamer is the sure bet consumer strategy it was a decade ago for these conpanies. And it's not like western pubs are doubling down on console / not refocusing on mobile anyway either, just compare EA's output a decade ago to today for example.

I'm also not sure if mobile is quite so unsuitable for these sorts of games. Not at the same budgets onviously but traditional core games like GTA or Monster Hunter have made the conversion surprisingly well and met pretty encouraging consumer response, and that's just with ancient ports.

Yeah I realised that. Why don't they put it out for retail?

I think Yakuza could be a good canditate: franchise with a big focus on Japan, not relying that much on overseas sales (actually, not at all ;__; ). I'd say Persona and Tales of as well, but we've already had remakes of more on handhelds for quite some time, so I don't think it could count that much...unless there's a simultaneous home/handheld release. Fighting games made just for consoles like Dragon Ball (Battle of Z was a Vita release as well), Naruto, JoJo; later versions like BlazBlue or Dead or Alive.

But, now that I think about it, so many "home" franchises in Japan are already on handhelds, even in their main forms, so it wouldn't be something completely unexpected. Main example: this gen, thanks to Sony tools, the Warriors franchise has seen a big expansion on handhelds, with simultaneous releases of main titles /expansions on PS3 and Vita. Heck, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster was on Vita as well. So, maybe I'd better be talking about franchises which are already on Sony portable devices that, due to its successor possibly not happening, could come also to next Nintendo handheld (like Warriors main games, Dragon Ball fighting games, Nobunaga's Ambition main titles, etc.etc.).

Talking about Japanese franchises with an international focus that could be released on 4DS too, I think there could be a possibility for Kingdom Hearts, given also it's a Disney title as well, not just SE.

EDIT: Also, making this post made me seriously think about how, between 3DS and Vita (and DS and PSP back then), there are so many "home" franchises already on handhelds, even with their main releases, and also about how many "handheld" franchises aren't that much on "home" consoles. XD

Yakuza, Tales and Persona all perform far better on Playstation home consoles. I don't see handhelds coming next to the PS4's or even PS3's power for quite some time either.

Furthermore, Tales and especially Persona have relatively large fanbases in the West on those platforms. P4G sales split was nearly 50/50 between JP and the West (I expect P5 to do much better than P4G in the West) and Tales of Xillia did 300k in the West.

Kingdom Hearts has pretty much zero chance since its Western fanbase is far bigger than its JP one. Furthermore, the handheld iterations sold nowhere near to how well the console iterations did.

Kathian

Banned
The worse PS4 does the more likely Japanese games that know they can do well in the West will release on PC.

I suspect the shift has been a reaction to the home market as much as the international.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sörine;127319699 said:
Would they really though? I mean wasn't Tomb Raider a rather public company rocking disappointment at 3.4m? If FFXV, MGSV or RE7 drop to 4m while costs are still rising then I'm not sure that's a phenomenon their publishers will look at and decide to just ride out and keep going as is. Especially given the propensity for debut franchise releases each generation to also be the best selling. I guess that's where we don't see eye to eye, I'm unsure if that big buffer is really all that big?.
This is actually one thing I feel trips people up a lot. Unit count isn't actually especially meaningful on its own in that it doesn't take into account average selling price.

Like, let's go look at Square Enix's statements on this matter: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sq...omb-raider-hitman-sleeping-dogs/1100-6406625/

GameSpot said:
"The European market was generally soft," Square Enix explained. "However, what affected us most was the huge slump in North American sales. Not only were sales sluggish, but we were also hit by additional costs in dealing with distribution channels, such as price protection and rebates, which placed huge pressure on our profit and loss."

Retail game console margins are such that you have a fixed fee of $12 from the licensor and then the retailer wants $12 for a $60 or like $5 for a $20 game to stock it.

If you're selling your game at $60, then you're getting $36 in your pocket. If you're selling it at $20, you're getting about $3 in your pocket unless you're part of some greatest hits line where Sony/Microsoft give you a break on licensing fees.

Return fees and price protection are essentially where a retailer goes "Well to sell this game we have to sell it at $30 and we're keeping a $7 margin at that level so from the $48 we paid Square Enix per copy, we're going to get a $25 rebate." and suddenly even if they're selling millions of units their profits are evaporating, since now they're making $11 instead of $36 a unit.

Hitman and Tomb Raider had notable issues with actual average selling price. With Metal Gear and Resident Evil we actually see much stronger sales up front and thus the numbers their ASP is a lot better. When you get 5 million copies out the door up front, even if only half of those are at full price, it's a lot better than shipping 3.4 million with only half at full price. When you sell that much you also tend to keep your price better as your go down the line as well.

This is also part of why you can see two games sell similar amounts (Battlefield: Bad Company 1 shipped 2.5 million copies and Mirror's Edge shipped 2 million), but one of those was considered a notable success by the publisher and the other a giant bomb, since Mirror's Edge's ASP is through the floor while Bad Company 1's was pretty good and could be built upon to the hugely successful Bad Company 2 and later titanic Battlefield 3.

In my statements I'm assuming that if their sales drop they're still having strong upfront sales as already successful series in decline instead of word-of-mouth bargin bin sales befitting a new IP or a franchise reboot, as most sequels to active series sell a ton up front and then taper off rather quickly.

Were MGS5 to ship 2 million units in its first quarter and then slowly climb to 4 million that would obviously be a lot worse than shipping 4 million upfront, selling 80% of that, and having the rest sit around on shelves and slowly get sold over time due to mostly selling to the existing fanbase.

sörine;127319699 said:
Yes my picks were problematic due to the wider western appeal, and in the west consoles are looking to still be a very lucrative market, but that's also why I picked them. That's sort of the question, when will those franchises hit the tipping point? I'd agree FF's positioned to be in question sooner than RE or MGS, but it was more about similarly scaled important global brands. You could swap in Kingdom Hearts or DMC or Tekken or Sonic if you like, but my query would be the same.
Yes actually I think DMC is a nice example of a series that might have died due to market conditions and a shifting interest away from the genre. However, that is something that's already on the basic borderline of not being success capable. Like generally it's expected that you ship 2 million units to hit a profit on 360/PS3 and that is probably closer to 3 million units on PS4/XB1, not necessarily due to cost being $36 * 1 million copies more, but due to what ASP you can actually maintain on the copies you do sell.

As a series stuck at around 2 million units, simply switching generations to something with a slightly higher bar proves problematic.

Strong digital success can offset this - for example EA Sports titles seem to be selling less but making more due to 70% margins * ~$400 million in ultimate team revenue - but you obviously need some kind of base to sell to first.

Edit:

Especially given the propensity for debut franchise releases each generation to also be the best selling.
Also this I wanted to cover separately again.

This is only true of franchises in decline. If you look at Call of Duty 2, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Far Cry, Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Battlefield, or GTA you don't see this kind of behavior.

We have seen it with a lot of Japanese franchises, but that mirrors their decay. That said, Resident Evil 6 is shockingly close to Resident Evil 5 given how poor it is. We have 5.9 million shipped and still rising versus 6.7 million that was accrued over a very long time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sörine;127319699 said:
It's a general question about global brands from JP devs. I'm not arguing it'll be a smooth or easy transition, and yeah I'd imagine an iOS/Android FFXVII would be a lot different from a PS/Xbox FFXVII.

I have a hard time seeing Konami matching Ubisoft when it comes to the west under any circumstances though. I don't know if chasing the western console gamer is the sure bet consumer strategy it was a decade ago for these conpanies. And it's not like western pubs are doubling down on console / not refocusing on mobile anyway either, just compare EA's output a decade ago to today for example.

I'm also not sure if mobile is quite so unsuitable for these sorts of games. Not at the same budgets onviously but traditional core games like GTA or Monster Hunter have made the conversion surprisingly well and met pretty encouraging consumer response, and that's just with ancient ports.
Sorry I missed the second half of your post. That said, I did want to discuss the middle paragraph a bit.

While we're seeing a notable downturn in the number of games coming out of the West, we're actually seeing the staff per game go up vastly.

From an investment perspective there's no difference between Ubisoft putting out 12 games from 100 person teams and one Assassin's Creed title from a 1200 person team.

Now, that said, some of these publishers are actually cutting back. EA has went from about 11,000 staff (with about the same mix of feature phones/handhelds to console as they have between smart devices/consoles now as far as I can tell) down to 8000 now.

However, we simultaneously see publishers like Ubisoft grow from 3400 employees to 9200 in nine years, and if you look at their output, most of that went into monolithic teams for their flagship games.

Now, we can debate if this is a good idea for them or if the decline in game variety decays the market, but it is a large scale investment still.

I would propose if we look at the growth of KojiPro or the growth of the size of the Resident Evil team we see similar behaviors to have Western publishers have behaved with their flagship franchises. If you're uncertain of something, you generally don't heavily invest in it to the tune of hundreds of employees with termination benefits, since the ramp down costs are very painful.

Now, as I outlined in my earlier post, if things bomb or have poor ASP curves, obviously they will have little choice but to either lose money or divest. However I don't feel we see either publisher flagging such signs around these particular franchises.

Edit: I also added an additional note to the previous post about franchise debut numbers over the generation since I forgot to add that in back there.

Kikujiro

Let's not forget that S-E announced FFType-0 for PS4 and XBone while ignoring both 3DS and Vita, they clearly thought about the Western market first.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Let's not forget that S-E announced FFType-0 for PS4 and XBone while ignoring both 3DS and Vita, they clearly thought about the Western market first.
Final Fantasy XV is also an open world action RPG that features a character with third person shooting, Uncharted-esque set-pieces, driveable vehicles, turret sequences, and a cover system, so I suspect Japan wasn't their first thought when making the game design.

Interesting week. Post holiday

Seems odd that Sony would release TLOU:R this week versus last or the week before that even, still seems to have done okay I suppose considering the PS4's harrowed existence in the country

HW drops everywhere. Yeesh at PS3's 62% drop from last week, Wii U is also fairly high at around 50%. 3DS and PSV seem to have comparative drops relatively, still high though. PS4 seems to have held the best [aside from 360] due to TLOU and Diablo I would assume.

Hyrule Warriors has an impressively large drop of 78% although that's likely in large part due to Wii U's drop

Final Fantasy XV is also an open world action RPG that features a character with third person shooting, Uncharted-esque set-pieces, driveable vehicles, turret sequences, and a cover system, so I suspect Japan wasn't their first thought when making the game design.
This is why I think XV could be the most successful ff yet.

That actually reminds me that TLOU:R got a bundle in Japan albeit it seems to be limited to Sony's online store so not sure how much an effect that would have

Also the Destiny bundle seems to be a Sony.com exclusive as well so god knows what effect that will have

3DS is still tracking about 1m less than last year. Surely it's time for some hardware discounting and decent bundling, Nintendo? Perhaps a Players' Choice line?

Tizoc

Youkai Watch 2 needs to sell at least 39k/week to reach 3m before the end of 2014. And damn, 7th week in #1 spot. Unbelievable.

You-keep-using-that-word-420x352.jpg

In all seriousness though, I don't see the point in being mind blown by YW2, it's a megaton seller for Level-5 so good on them.

MegalonJJ

Banned
PS4 seems to have held the best [aside from 360] due to TLOU and Diablo I would assume.

I know you mentioned that it's comparative/relative, but it's an interesting choice of words to describe the hold as 'best' given it dropped yet had two new titles available.

I know you mentioned that it's comparative/relative, but it's an interesting choice of words to describe the hold as 'best' given it dropped yet had two new titles available.

Relatively PS4 did have the best drop [least worst] and actually point of fact absolutely PS4 has the best drop [least worst] on account of it being around a 1000 units because it's pretty dead in the country.

I am of course ignoring the 360 because it seems somehow even less relevant to the conversation

There is of course further context that can be discussed and I added as much to my original statement but from a purely objective standpoint my statement is entirely accurate

MegalonJJ

Banned
Relatively PS4 did have the best drop [least worst] and actually point of fact absolutely PS4 has the best drop [least worst] on account of it being around a 1000 units because it's pretty dead in the country.

I am of course ignoring the 360 because it seems somehow even less relevant to the conversation

There is of course further context that can be discussed and I added as much to my original statement but from a purely objective standpoint my statement is entirely accurate

I agree with you completely re discussing drops.

I guess it's just a shame to see the state of the console industry at the moment :(

In all seriousness though, I don't see the point in being mind blown by YW2, it's a megaton seller for Level-5 so good on them.

YW debuted with 50k units just one year ago. Fastest growing new IP ever, and one of the biggest third party IPs ever in Japan. It's unbelievable how L5 could manage to build such a huge success in just one year.

I agree with you completely re discussing drops.

I guess it's just a shame to see the state of the console industry at the moment :(

Yeah home consoles are quickly becoming irrelevant in Japan

YW debuted with 50k units just one year ago. Fastest growing new IP ever, and one of the biggest third party IPs ever in Japan. It's unbelievable how L5 could manage to build such a huge success in just one year.

It's also had such an intriguing sales curve to it all things considered

test_account

XP-39C²
Crossed 3.8 million just recently.
glXI0b7.gif

Retail: 3,517,297
Digital: 288,173 (missing November)
Total: 3,805,470
Thanks =)

Capcom is just stuffing channels and decreasing artificially MH4's price to not produce and ship the Best version this time, since MH4U is out one year and a month after the launch of the original.
True. Increasing the shipment probably woulndt help increase the sales at this point in time.

No one wants a PS4 in Japan?

I expect those title to drop considerably next week.
I guess he was wondering why. Those two games arent new games, they are two new releases, but the games themself are not new. And as someone else mentioned earlier, those games most likely cater more to people who already own a PS4. Those are most likely the main reasons for why the PS4 hardware sale wasnt stronger this week (or last week).

Tizoc

No offense but...I just see it more as something interesting and not mindblowing....at all ^^;

I mean heck Smash Bros. 4 could debut with 2 million sales in its first week and to me it would be just 'expected' than 'ZOMGWTFBBQ IT IS THE 2ND COMING OF JESUS AND JENOVA, ETC. ETC.'
There isn't much far as Japanese game sales go that surprise me.

No offense but...I just see it more as something interesting and not mindblowing....at all ^^;

I mean heck Smash Bros. 4 could debut with 2 million sales in its first week and to me it would be just 'expected' than 'ZOMGWTFBBQ IT IS THE 2ND COMING OF JESUS AND JENOVA, ETC. ETC.'
There isn't much far as Japanese game sales go that surprise me.

Sorry, but I do think YW is the most interesting "case" concerning Japanese sales of the past years. And this for a variety of reasons: L5 being hit-or-miss in 2010-2012; the amount of sales; the level of hype of all merchandising (people are lining to preorder movie tickets, for example); the effect YW2 had on hardware; the fact that it's the best-selling third party new IP since... The 90s?

And I don't think a 2m debut for SSB 3DS would be expected at all. Brawl sold 2m LTD and it's the best selling entry in Japan.

Mpl90

Yeah home consoles are quickly becoming irrelevant in Japan

It's also had such an intriguing sales curve to it all things considered

Just intriguing?

thetwistedworldofmargesimpson3.png

It's this thing...actually becoming true :lol

Mpl90

Oh sorry, I meant to ask about international titles specifically, but yes a lot of franchises in general have at least spin-offs or ports on handhelds given the market shift.

That said, for the Kingdom Hearts reasoning, does Disney release handheld games anymore?

They even dropped the 3DS for Disney Infinity 2.0 while adding in PS4/XB1.

They also seemed to take zero objection to Square Enix making Kingdom Hearts 3 for PS4/XB1 or EA releasing Star Wars games only on PS4/XB1/PC.

Internally they seem to focus basically all their non-Infinity effort, especially for kids, toward mobile.

Well, what about Disney Magical World (Magic Castle) by Namco for 3DS? Which is a Nintendo published title here in the West too? That's a Disney title released on a handheld, after all.

And there's also the Frozen game for DS and 3DS licensed externally...but I'd tend to ignore that, to be honest :p

Still, KH main on a Nintendo handheld in addition to PS4 could be a good choice: there is an overlap between Nintendo and Disney audiences, and KH customers include Disney fans, not just SE fans, and it could help in Japan. Maybe, even outside of Japan, since KH:DDD sold well in US, despite mediocre numbers in the home country.

Top Bottom