• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2017 (Aug 21 - Aug 27)

hiska-kun

The blog is leaking Splatoon 2 Bundle numbers. They are 17% of Switch total sales and 25% of Splatoon 2 total Sales.

That means that the bundle sold around ~260k.
Splatoon 2 standalone is around ~750k.

The blog is leaking Splatoon 2 Bundle numbers. They are 17% of Switch total sales and 25% of Splatoon 2 total Sales.

That means that the bundle sold around ~260k.
Splatoon 2 standalone is around ~750k.

That's some interesting news. Since the launch week of Splatoon 2, ~430k Switch hardware units have been sold, so 60% of the output are Splatoon 2 Bundles.

Anecdote time:

In the midst of pseudo-inaka Fukushima-ken, I walked into a Tsutaya and was able to effectively reserve a switch. They said that they were waiting for a shipment at the time and that because they are getting more regular shipments now, they'll call me when they get one.

So I guess I'm picking one up. At this point, the idea of new hardware makes me more apprehensive than excited. But despite its awful character designs, I'll probably still want to pick up Xenoblade 2 and see what Takahashi (and Soraya Saga?) have come up with this time. I imagine that it'll be harder to pick one up later in the year, when Mario comes out and during the holiday season.

horuhe

That's some interesting news. Since the launch week of Splatoon 2, ~430k Switch hardware units have been sold, so 60% of the output are Splatoon 2 Bundles.

Splatoon bundle is the main one, currently. So the percentage should increase week after week. It's really just a tremendous ratio.

Anecdote time:

In the midst of pseudo-inaka Fukushima-ken, I walked into a Tsutaya and was able to effectively reserve a switch. They said that they were waiting for a shipment at the time and that because they are getting more regular shipments now, they'll call me when they get one.

In Kyoto is impossible to find one on weekdays, but it's true that stores are a liite bit more in line with reservations than weeks ago.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Will a 40/60% ST for MHXX convince the disbelievers that even Capcom expected more?
a 170K first shipment to me make the 400k forecast that the "analyst" gave pretty reliable.

Will a 40/60% ST for MHXX convince the disbelievers that even Capcom expected more?
a 170K first shipment to me make the 400k forecast that the "analyst" gave pretty reliable.
Sure they expected more, it's Capcom after all. They were out of their minds though if they expected 500k. And those forecasts are not reliable in the slightest, no one in their right mind thinks Capcom expects just 1.5m from MHW. And that includes shareholders that are supposed to be awed by Capcom beating those silly expectations.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Retailers expect the game to sell well over the next months since Switch hardware sales will be high during the holidays and this is the only MH available on the console.

Capcom cant just dump whatever they believe they can sell onto retailers.

D.Lo

Seems 15k people digitally downloaded their Switch console purchase this week. That's huge for Japan, right?

What are the chances of DQ on PS4 scraping to 1.4 mill before it leaves the charts?

Or do people think it could get close to the 1.5 mill mark?

hiska-kun

Fall Direct only makes sense before Tokyo Game Show for me. I think it will happen on the next two weeks.

Last year it was on September 1st.

It's been 1 week. Even considering that, Capcom expectations are never right. They always overshoot so I dunno (shrug)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think Amazon had an Arms promotion this week yeah.
A two thousand plus disparity between the two has existed for many weeks now. It's why it's Media create total is now almost the equal to famitsu's in total units despite not actually tracking download cards. Not sure if that's entirely down to amazon.

L~A

Would we possibly get some 2018 announcements as well then?
Switch only has two definitive games for early 2018 in Kirby and Yoshi?

Fire Emblem Switch: *smell of cheap alcohol, smartphone with 3 Stars Wrys displayed on screen* Why people keep forgetting about me?! What did I do to deserve this?! *starts sobbing uncontrollably*

Speaking of Fire Emblem, looks like Nintendo has finally started promoting the game on TV. Here's a TV Commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCPDWKbZkHc

Guess that explains why so much stuff went live today.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

please stop

hiska-kun

A two thousand plus disparity between the two has existed for many weeks now. It's why it's Media create total is now almost the equal to famitsu's in total units despite not actually tracking download cards. Not sure if that's entirely down to amazon.

And Zelda and MK8D are far higher on Media Create compared to Famitsu.

Games that didn't have stock problems, download cards sales are almost no-existent.
(If we believe the numbers they are even negative for these games lol)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hmm,
Maybe Animal Crossig Switch and mobile game revealed?

I think that would likely be a separate Direct like Fire Emblem.

Re: Direct. We could see 1 or 2 first party projects but I expect a lot more 3rd party stuff. The timing is really for them (pre-TGS)

KtSlime

I predict direct on 9/13 or 9/14

I think there may be one earlier, but I would bet on an overview Direct like they did in April in mid to late October to address their releases for fall and winter. Nothing with a firm date is announced from beyond 3 months from now.

casiopao

Looks like Capcom stealth-released Dai Gyakuten Saiban on smartphone, because of course they did. And yeah, only available in Japanese from what I've seen.

http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32706

Also that Yoiki x Minecraft Switch webshow seems to have been pretty popular, they just announced a second season during the finale.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/be287603-8de1-11e7-8cda-063b7ac45a6d.html

When Minecraft Switch Retail edition come, it is going to be huge on Switch for sure.^_^

Mory Dunz

Wonder if retros game will be announced. Um slightly leaning towards e3 and release on the fall. Unless it's a smaller deal than I think. Then maybe announced here and released sone time 2018

Wonder if retros game will be announced. Um slightly leaning towards e3 and release on the fall. Unless it's a smaller deal than I think. Then maybe announced here and released sone time 2018

If its smaller it better be like 2 games or something. When did DK come out? I think next E3 is too long. For how long they have been dark I would expect the game to launch late 2018. So I could see a reveal this winter/next spring, with E3 being the full blowout, playable, etc

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Games that didn't have stock problems, download cards sales are almost no-existent.
I know I'm like wut??? Even for the usual differences in tracking methodology. ARMS started 30k higher on Famitsu due to the download cards. That's 30k that just straight up disappeared into the abyss, for a 200k selling game. Lord knows what happened with those games.

MoonFrog

:) I like it when we get, say, immaterial 3DSes from beyond the mortal realm or these negative sales you mention. It brightens my day.

A valiant thrust against what we perceive to be true of our world.

Mory Dunz

If its smaller it better be like 2 games or something. When did DK come out? I think next E3 is too long. For how long they have been dark I would expect the game to launch late 2018. So I could see a reveal this winter/next spring, with E3 being the full blowout, playable, etc

Feb 2018, but was finished in 2013 but delayed to fill the schedule apparently.
So it's been a while

Top Bottom