Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2011 (Aug 29 - Sep 04)

Dec 18, 2004
1,611
1
1,295
Busaiku said:
Maybe Tetris, if Nintendo puts some big marketing behind it.
Tetris isn't Nintendo published, The nature 3d book should do better then tetris.


Syphon Filter said:
ps2 ytd might beat 360 ytd by the end of the year.
Unlikely MHF And GOW3 bundles this month, a fair enough exclusives that it should make it out ahead.

rpmurphy said:
There's only one next-generation system out now and the rest are in their twilight years or soon to be. It will get more exciting the next couple of years.
Perhaps you mean weeks?!
__

Black Ops did Amazingly well for a budget release, considering there are 3 other versions of the game and modern warefare 2 budget released at the same time.
_

Burnt - weren't you just preaching the utter and complete destruction of 3ds less then 12 hours ago?
 

Alrus

Member
Apr 4, 2010
9,787
0
595
Belgium
Busaiku said:
Isn't that Holiday (November - January) title in Japan (like it is in the US)?
It would be a massively packed holiday if they release Kid Icarus on top of Mario Kart and Mario 3D land. If you consider there's also Inazuma and Monster Hunter coming, KI will get drowned by the other release. October seems like a much better time.
 

BurntPork

Banned
May 12, 2011
6,808
0
0
New York
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Burnt - weren't you just preaching the utter and complete destruction of 3ds less then 12 hours ago?
Saying what I wanted to happen out of anger. Realistically, if 3DS doesn't dominate the holiday season in Japan with its current line-up... Actually, I don't have an analogy. It will be a force. If Vita has a bunch of amazing unannounced games this holiday, it might beat it. However, looking at the price difference and the small drop-off this week, that's a big "if."
 

Busaiku

Member
Apr 5, 2006
46,932
1
0
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Tetris isn't Nintendo published, The nature 3d book should do better then tetris.
Again, the US situation confused me.
BurntPork said:
If Vita has a bunch of amazing unannounced games this holiday, it might beat it. However, looking at the price difference and the small drop-off this week, that's a big "if."
Even if Vita gets its own Monster Hunter (and not just a port of a port), there's really nothing that can bring it to the level of all the big 3DS titles.
Unless it gets Pokemon or something.
 

matmanx1

Member
Apr 30, 2008
7,133
0
0
Ga
10k for a special edition console? Where did you hear that? I honestly have no idea but I thought I remember the Lightning Edition last year getting a 6 digit production run (100,000+).

How does 65k for Grand Knight sound? I don't know what the expectations were but that seems like a pretty decent start for a new IP.
 

noobie

Member
Aug 16, 2008
2,296
0
775
www.facebook.com
matmanx1 said:
10k for a special edition console? Where did you hear that? I honestly have no idea but I thought I remember the Lightning Edition last year getting a 6 digit production run (100,000+).

How does 65k for Grand Knight sound? I don't know what the expectations were but that seems like a pretty decent start for a new IP.
i think i read it somewhere.. probably about Yakuza Bundle and also about some other bundle.. so i thought 10k is standard... i dont think they are going to produce 100k special edition PS3 for a tales game...
 

saichi

Member
Apr 8, 2010
2,736
0
0
Busaiku said:
Even if Vita gets its own Monster Hunter (and not just a port of a port), there's really nothing that can bring it to the level of all the big 3DS titles.
I agree on this. Even if MHP4 announced at TGS for Vita as launch title, Vita would have no chance outsell 3DS in Japan this holiday with MK7 and MH tri-G.
 

Labadal

Member
Aug 31, 2010
11,683
0
640
Aren't the GKH sales great? I didn't expect it to sell that well. Oh, how I wish it gets a localization. :(
 

matmanx1

Member
Apr 30, 2008
7,133
0
0
Ga
noobie said:
i think i read it somewhere.. probably about Yakuza Bundle and also about some other bundle.. so i thought 10k is standard... i dont think they are going to produce 100k special edition PS3 for a tales game...
No I agree. 100k would be more than I would expect but 10k seems awfully low as well. And I hope that GKH continues to sale and that someone picks it up for localization.
 

Alrus

Member
Apr 4, 2010
9,787
0
595
Belgium
BurntPork said:
Wait, 360 got a Monster Hunter, and PS2 still outsold it? Fucking pull out Microsoft.

And PSPgo dropped 65%. :( AM DOOMED
That's an expansion pack for Frontier. The people who bought it already own a 360.

Edit: Or maybe not, I have no idea what that package is. But considering it sold pretty low, it wouldn't have had any meaningful effect on sales anyway.
 

Dolgan

Member
Jun 8, 2010
71
0
510
Alrus said:
Maybe Growlanser IV Over Reloaded (haha what a weird name) for the PSP? Started at 21k. Not sure if you can make the comparison though, I don't know how much the original sold :/
Mpl90 said:
The original did


[NDS] Megami Ibunroku: Devil Survivor (Atlus Co.) - 55.466 / 113.403 / 48,91% 15/01/09

And counting this has been released one month after the sequel... not so bad.

Thanks for the replies. So it's not that disappointing, still I was hoping more people would pick it up. I hope the first new Atlus game will do better.
 

boingball

Member
Feb 11, 2005
2,503
0
0
Wellington, New Zealand
Hopefully Grand Knights will sell 100k and someone will take pity and translate it for the west (Black Rock Shooter now is).

Interesting things to watch out for next week:
Will PS2 again beat the 360?
And will there be a dip or rise in 3DS sales after announcement of the Hardware expansion / MH3DS?
 

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mar 10, 2011
22,885
0
855
28
theflyingthoughtsblog.wordpress.com
Things like the attachment or MH3G won't have any effect on sales, like the announcement of a new console doesn't prevent the one still on the market to sell until the marketing campaign for the new machine starts.
Effects are present when mass audience knows about it.
However...am I the only one seeing strange similarities between Nintendogs DS and Zelda OoT 3D for the latest numbers of the latter? O_O
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
schuelma said:
In spite of Nintendo's best efforts, I do not believe they will be able to screw things up given the lineup they have.
*old man voice*

You just wait till next year! They'll show you, then!

*shakes fist*
 

Fantastical

Death Prophet
May 3, 2008
20,549
0
0
USA
squall23 said:
Just keep chugging along.
Seriously! I hadn't really paid attention to Japanese sales until about maybe a year ago, and I had no idea how big Rhythm Tengoku was. Really surprising to me, personally.

I've never played a game in the series, and I plan on picking it up for the Wii.
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Labadal said:
Aren't the GKH sales great? I didn't expect it to sell that well. Oh, how I wish it gets a localization. :(
Marvelous by first week:

[NDS] Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (Marvelous Entertainment) {2007.02.01} - 79,408 / 282,299
[PSP] Fate/Extra (Marvelous Entertainment) {2010.07.22} - 72,170 / 95,298
[PSP] Grand Knights History (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.09.01} (¥5.229) - 64,630 / 64,630
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Marvelous Entertainment) {2010.07.08} - 63,610 / 189,584
[NDS] Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Marvelous Entertainment) {2008.01.03} - 52,049 / 117,572


Vanillaware by first week:

[PSP] Grand Knights History (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.09.01} (¥5.229) - 64,630 / 64,630
[PS2] Odin Sphere (Atlus Co.) {2007.05.17} - 59,248 / 84,940
[WII] Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Marvelous Entertainment) {2009.04.09} - 28,807 / 48,488
[PS2] Grim Grimoire (Nippon Ichi Software) {2007.04.12} - 17,127 / 26,662
[NDS] Kumatanchi (Dimple Entertainment) {2008.09.25} - 3,000 / 3,000
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
New releases {2011.09.15}

[NDS] Kuma no Pooh-San: 100 Acre no Mori no Cooking Book <ACT> (Disney Interactive) (¥5.040)

[PSP] Gekka Ryouran Romance # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Gekka Ryouran Romance [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] God Eater: Burst (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco) (¥2.800)

[WII] Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary: Famicom & Super Famicom Dragon Quest I-II-III <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥4.440)

[PS3] Dunamis 15 # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Dunamis 15 [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)

[360] Dunamis 15 # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[360] Dunamis 15 [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)
 

Labadal

Member
Aug 31, 2010
11,683
0
640
Road said:
Marvelous by first week:

[NDS] Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (Marvelous Entertainment) {2007.02.01} - 79,408 / 282,299
[PSP] Fate/Extra (Marvelous Entertainment) {2010.07.22} - 72,170 / 95,298
[PSP] Grand Knights History (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.09.01} (¥5.229) - 64,630 / 64,630
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Marvelous Entertainment) {2010.07.08} - 63,610 / 189,584
[NDS] Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Marvelous Entertainment) {2008.01.03} - 52,049 / 117,572


Vanillaware by first week:

[PSP] Grand Knights History (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.09.01} (¥5.229) - 64,630 / 64,630
[PS2] Odin Sphere (Atlus Co.) {2007.05.17} - 59,248 / 84,940
[WII] Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Marvelous Entertainment) {2009.04.09} - 28,807 / 48,488
[PS2] Grim Grimoire (Nippon Ichi Software) {2007.04.12} - 17,127 / 26,662
[NDS] Kumatanchi (Dimple Entertainment) {2008.09.25} - 3,000 / 3,000
Thanks.

Did good enough.
 
Dec 18, 2004
1,611
1
1,295
Labadal said:
Aren't the GKH sales great? I didn't expect it to sell that well. Oh, how I wish it gets a localization. :(
Considering the game was massively sold out everywhere, I would say it did better then exceptions!

Also MHFO2011 is NOT a new game, it's the game(that has already sold 130k+ on) with all the updated expansion content for new players, the only reason to buy it is if you are new to the game, for some reason haven't brought the expansions online or you want the special in-game item.
 

vicissitudes

Banned
Jul 10, 2008
7,547
0
0
Much better hold for the 3DS than I thought. Wonder how they will react to the expansion pack news though.

PS3 tripling Wii's sales two weeks in a row, wow.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
GAME 1: [GBA] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) {2006.08.03}
GAME 2: [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) {2008.07.31}
GAME 3: [WII] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) {2011.07.21}
 

Erethian

Member
Jan 20, 2010
3,253
0
0
vicissitudes said:
Much better hold for the 3DS than I thought. Wonder how they will react to the expansion pack news though.

PS3 tripling Wii's sales two weeks in a row, wow.
Like they'd react to any other attachment or control peripheral, presumably.
 

Thoraxes

Member
Jan 12, 2009
28,526
0
0
soundcloud.com
vicissitudes said:
Much better hold for the 3DS than I thought. Wonder how they will react to the expansion pack news though.

PS3 tripling Wii's sales two weeks in a row, wow.
I wonder how they'll react to MH 3DS news.
 

BKK

Member
Jan 20, 2010
2,785
0
0
Chris1964 said:
New releases {2011.09.15}

[PS3] Dunamis 15 # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[PS3] Dunamis 15 [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)

[360] Dunamis 15 # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥7.140)
[360] Dunamis 15 [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥9.240)
Is this the first simultaneous PS360 ADV release?
 

Fantastical

Death Prophet
May 3, 2008
20,549
0
0
USA
vicissitudes said:
Much better hold for the 3DS than I thought. Wonder how they will react to the expansion pack news though.

PS3 tripling Wii's sales two weeks in a row, wow.
It might quadruple it next week, too!
 
Aug 30, 2007
14,209
0
0
The PS3 is selling really well at the moment, expecting some big numbers next week after an impressive hold this week.

vicissitudes said:
Much better hold for the 3DS than I thought. Wonder how they will react to the expansion pack news though.
Not at all? Just because a few people on GAF are having a meltdown doesn't mean this will actually have any impact.

The only reason i even know about it is because i post on GAF and is till don't really care.
 

Alrus

Member
Apr 4, 2010
9,787
0
595
Belgium
Thoraxes said:
I wonder how they'll react to MH 3DS news.
Until the game gets marketed and actually releases it won't have much of an effect. Announcement of games rarely boost sales. Likewise, announcement of peripherals don't do much either.

The only thing that really affect hardware sales are price cuts and revisions. (and no, that slide pad dongle isn't akin to a revision announcement, and anyone who thinks that is overreacting badly).
 

Acosta

Member
Jun 9, 2004
12,637
0
0
38
AdventureRacing said:
Not at all? Just because a few people on GAF are having a meltdown doesn't mean this will actually have any impact.

The only reason i even know about it is because i post on GAF and is till don't really care.
A "few" people, and "only" in gaf? Come on. The move puts Nintendo at bad position at best and it's plainly idiotic at worse, even the most ardent Nintendo fan would acknowledge this is an attempt of covering a fuck up (another one with 3DS).

Said that, I don't think it will have any immediate effect on Japanese sales. But it shows a very erratic Nintendo and that is unusual of them, especially in the handheld space. BTW, some of you are putting a lot of faith in big names, and history shows that Nintendo can't always rely on big names to save the day, they need to be superlative games and have the necessary impact, or it will be Gamecube all over again.

So far, we have seen a multimillionaire name (Nintendogs) transformed in a no event. So I wouldn't be so confident about "monster sales" (I reckon is likely and the catalogue is potentially vert strong, but let's see what happens.)
 
Dec 18, 2004
1,611
1
1,295
BKK said:
Is this the first simultaneous PS360 ADV release?
Yep! got my limited edition pre-ordered! first of four, former Kid© staff derived adventure games, coming out this winter!

There's been some PSP/360 releases though, and 360-ps3 ports a plenty but this is the first simultaneous.

Why they went with ps3 over psp would be interesting to hear, perhaps testing the water for robotic notes?



Acosta said:
So far, we have seen a multimillionaire name (Nintendogs) transformed in a no event.
I understand your point, and it's valid to a degree... but 300K is not a no event

Edit: other random facts: Hooray! Corpse party has grown as a franchise:

PSP Corpse Party 5pb. 2010/08/12 13,566/39,822
07./00. [PSP] Corpse Party: Book of Shadows # <ADV> (5pb.) {2011.09.01} (¥6.090) - 15.249 / NEW

___

Famitsu puts MHP3 as first game to cross a million sales this year
 

Thoraxes

Member
Jan 12, 2009
28,526
0
0
soundcloud.com
Alrus said:
Until the game gets marketed and actually releases it won't have much of an effect. Announcement of games rarely boost sales. Likewise, announcement of peripherals don't do much either.

The only thing that really affect hardware sales are price cuts and revisions. (and no, that slide pad dongle isn't akin to a revision announcement, and anyone who thinks that is overreacting badly).
Ah yeah. For some reason I was thinking of stocks but wrote about this instead. Though I think it'll have a little impact on it. Nothing like the price drop, but maybe a little something.

Also your second paragraph, I totally agree.
 

gundamkyoukai

Member
Aug 30, 2009
16,882
0
680
3DS sales good for the week .
PS3 sales are good and next week should get 40k .
Should beat last year sales by next month which show growth for the year .
 

matmanx1

Member
Apr 30, 2008
7,133
0
0
Ga
Great numbers then for GKH. I hope it's success continues! Thanks for that chart.

Of course I also can't hope but notice how poorly Muramasa did. That game deserved so much better. =/
 
Aug 30, 2007
14,209
0
0
Acosta said:
A "few" people, and "only" in gaf? Come on. The move puts Nintendo at bad position at best and it's plainly idiotic at worse, even the most ardent Nintendo fan would acknowledge this is an attempt of covering a fuck up (another one with 3DS).
I think nintendo has made a stupid move but i don't think it's really going to have much impact on sales.

Acosta said:
Said that, I don't think it will have any immediate effect on Japanese sales. But it shows a very erratic Nintendo and that is unusual of them, especially in the handheld space. BTW, some of you are putting a lot of faith in big names, and history shows that Nintendo can't always rely on big names to save the day, they need to be superlative games and have the necessary impact, or it will be Gamecube all over again.

So far, we have seen a multimillionaire name (Nintendogs) transformed in a no event. So I wouldn't be so confident about "monster sales" (I reckon is likely and the catalogue is potentially vert strong, but let's see what happens.)
Was nintendogs a multi million selling game in Japan? I honestly don't remember.

Even so it can't really compare to the software that nintendo has coming this year. I've said this in another thread but i don't think there is even the slightest chance that the 3DS sells as bad as the gamecube. It won't match the DS but i think it will sell enough that comparisons to the gamecube will look a little bit silly.
 

Acosta

Member
Jun 9, 2004
12,637
0
0
38
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
I understand your point, and it's valid to a degree... but 300K is not a no event
Comparatively? Didn't Nintendogs sold like 400k or 500k in its first week? I respect your definition of this but I stand for mine.

In other news, very glad of GKH. I have not many hopes of seeing it localizated, but hope is the last thing you lose.
 

Erethian

Member
Jan 20, 2010
3,253
0
0
Acosta said:
Comparatively? Didn't Nintendogs sold like 400k or 500k in its first week? I respect your definition of this but I stand for mine.

In other news, very glad of GKH. I have not many hopes of seeing it localizated, but hope is the last thing you lose.
Did 135,674 in its first week, according to Famitsu. Wasn't even the top selling game for the week.

Edit: Also took 8 months to sell one million copies. Resurfaced in the December sales period where it sold a fair amount. Can see it here.