• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

Zedark

Another big week coming then?

Could very well be, although keep in mind that 2 of the 3 restocks don't seem very big (one added one sku at 5th place, and another added 3 skus to places 24, 26 and 50, and made one sku jump from 9th to 5th). The top sku must have received new stock as well, though, otherwise it can't have maintained first place for multiple days in a row, so that would indicate that these restocks each were pretty sizeable.

nelo_inc

Microsoft should be worried about the sales of Xbox One, and don't think the One X is going to be a life saver either.

MHXX HD sold out on Amazon, next shipment on Sept 13. Third-party sellers are selling it at a marked up price too (just slighty over MSRP).

Yodobashi has it in stock, nationwide.

And it's not charting on Comgnet's used sales ranking (the 3DS version is #2, behind DQXI for PS4).

I guess people are not selling the bundled copy of the game!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
It's the first Switch game announced for December in Japan. Was wondering what we would get.
From the known games Minecraft at retail is a possibility going by past trends. Maybe Nintendo will also give a GOTY Edition of BOTW alongside 2nd DLC Pack but this is less likely.

Ōkami

DJIiokxXYAEHcIY.jpg

3DS: 8.07m (+14%)
PS4: 6.44m (+44%)
SWI: 3.32m
PSV: 1.58m (-54%)
WIU: 444k (-71%)
PS3: 147k (-88%)
XB1: 14.2k (-43%)

20 million games sold in 2017, LTD difference between PS4 & PSV now at 500k.

Fukuzatsu

Ōkami;248193692 said:
3DS: 8.07m (+14%)
PS4: 6.44m (+44%)
SWI: 3.32m
PSV: 1.58m (-54%)
WIU: 444k (-71%)
PS3: 147k (-88%)
XB1: 14.2k (-43%)

20 million games sold in 2017, LTD difference between PS4 & PSV now at 500k.

So PS4+Vita is around 8 million both years, with the ratio much more weighted in PS4's favour in 2017. Switch does better than the Wii U, but 2016 was not exactly Wii U's best year either, and of course 2017 wasn't going to be better with or without Zelda. I'm curious if the Switch will be able to eventually reach the level of the 3DS more than whether it can do better than the Wii U, because the Wii U is kind of the lowest possible bar for Nintendo.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So PS4+Vita is around 8 million both years, with the ratio much more weighted in PS4's favour in 2017. Switch does better than the Wii U, but 2016 was not exactly Wii U's best year either, and of course 2017 wasn't going to be better with or without Zelda. I'm curious if the Switch will be able to eventually reach the level of the 3DS more than whether it can do better than the Wii U, because the Wii U is kind of the lowest possible bar for Nintendo.

Switch would need an actual massive third party support to beat 3ds software wise in Japan imho

Don't know why but I'm cackling. That term has lost all meaning these days on gaf.

As far as I can recall, it was always tongue-in-cheek. : p

I think it caught on when we discovered there was a poster who would repeatedly go into PS4 threads and merely post, "PS4 is a beast." They did this for a multitude of threads, until finally a post in his history (I forget which game the thread was about) revealed a rare declaration: "PS4 is not a beast."

Principate

Saint Titanfall
As far as I can recall, it was always tongue-in-cheek. : p

I think it caught on when we discovered there was a poster who would repeatedly go into PS4 threads and merely post, "PS4 is a beast." They did this for a multitude of threads, until finally a post in his history (I forget which game the thread was about) revealed a rare declaration: "PS4 is not a beast."
Now I'm crackling again, just visualising that story play out with that punch line. Ah man

26 GB ? Gee. Time to buy a SD Card in order to play Revelations 2, which is something I am not willing to do.

Is the cost of higher capacity cartridges for Switch that high ?

Probably is pricey I imagine. But also, it's a $20 game. The margins aren't going to be great, they probably dont wanna lose a big chunk of it on media.

LordKano

The question is more, which Switch game will be the next million seller ? Could Breath of the Wild sell one million before Mario Odyssey ?

Top Bottom