• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2012 (Sep 03 - Sep 09)

Cuddler

MHTri came out too late, third parties were already all on 360/PS3 development. This is at launch, building a core base at launch is the way to go if you want to give developers incentive to keep at it. Look at 3DS ecosystem and you can see, even though it was nearly a year into the handhelds life, MH has done very well to bring core gamers to the system.
Yes, you are right, but there are difference in the selling power between the portable and the console version. 3DS ecosystem is great because everyone was developing exclusive games for it even before the MH announcements, 3DS has an exclusive Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts and a lot of other games. Right now WII U doesn't have that and I don't think that without moneyhat they will have a lot of important third party games exclusive.
Inazuma Eleven GO 2 Chrono Stone (3DS) - December 13
Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 (Wii) - December 20

God Eater 2 (PSP) TGS Stage
- 09/20
- 09/22 (to talk about the future of the series)

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/14021151.html

Here comes the Vita version?
I think a PS3 version with online and transferring is probably more possible if Sony doesn't pay for the Vita version.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yes, you are right, but there are difference in the selling power between the portable and the console version. 3DS ecosystem is great because everyone was developing exclusive games for it even before the MH announcements, 3DS has an exclusive Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts and a lot of other games. Right now WII U doesn't have that and I don't think that without moneyhat they will have a lot of important third party games exclusive.

Yes, the portable version is a complete mega seller.

But, it is not like MH Tri was not huge in its own right- 1.1 million copies sold, making it I believe the #2 selling 3rd party console game of this past generation.

Getting the update to that game for the Wii U launch is pretty significant I think, especially when you look back at what 3rd parties brought to the table for the Wii's first year in Japan.

schuelma

Seems somewhat odd Level 5 and/or Nintendo would not have pushed for a Wii U version. Seems likely that will get lost in the Wii U hype.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems somewhat odd Level 5 and/or Nintendo would not have pushed for a Wii U version. Seems likely that will get lost in the Wii U hype.

I doubt the WiiU userbase at this point would be enough to sell a mediocre spin-off. The system is expensive and there is much competition...right now not the space for cheap anime cash-ins.

First day sellthrough

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 50% (PS3/360 shipments =10/1)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 2nd - 40%
Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei - 60%
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone - 20%
Medarot 7: Kabuto / Kuwagata - low

Expected Medarot bomba.... game looks like shit.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Wii is the system Nintendo does everything to kill but strangely in Japan it's kinda alive.

Like LBX BB weekend will be the determing factor for Medarot.

Erethian

But, it is not like MH Tri was not huge in its own right- 1.1 million copies sold, making it I believe the #2 selling 3rd party console game of this past generation.

Getting the update to that game for the Wii U launch is pretty significant I think, especially when you look back at what 3rd parties brought to the table for the Wii's first year in Japan.

It'll be interesting to see what affect the cross-play functionality has on sales.

Cuddler

Yes, I agree with you, obviously coming from a really succesfull generation the Wii U will have much better third party support than the Wii, I'm sure that the Wii U launch will be really succesfull, I'm just not so sure that the Wii U will becomes the console 3DS with basically every games released only on it. I'm sure that both Sony and Microsoft will do much better that what Sony is doing with the Vita.

schuelma

Yes, I agree with you, obviously coming from a really succesfull generation the Wii U will have much better third party support than the Wii, I'm sure that the Wii U launch will be really succesfull, I'm just not so sure that the Wii U will becomes the console 3DS with basically every games released only on it. I'm sure that both Sony and Microsoft will do much better that what Sony is doing with the Vita.

Well frankly how thing are going 3DS is going to be #1 by a mile anyways. I think 3DS could be Wii U's biggest competition for many Japanese-centric titles.

cw_sasuke

So when can we expect RE Revelation HD vers. on WiiU ? My guess would be before march 13 or as a bonus for the inevitable RE6 WiiU version.

Nekki

Man, that drop for Miku is kinda sad (but expected). I guess my prediction of 210k in 5 weeks will never be made true :S

Rune Factory 4 still hanging almost at top30, Marvelous must be really happy!!

I wonder how far Senran Kagura will end up from getting to 100k, the 2nd week drop is higher in % from SK1, but then again the FW is also much higher.

Other than that, good ST for tekken and sengoku.

Also, now that we know Nano assault will be present on the WiiU (no doubt as a download title), could we see more 'download only' HD ports of 3DS games? As somebody suggested, RE:Revelations HD?

What else could be up-ported? I don't think stuff like Pushmo would be a wise decision, but it would really look glorious on a big screen lol.

squall23

Oh for flying fuck Hino. I don't want you turning this into another FIFA/PES-style yearly football game that will probably get an enhanced version every damn time.

Cuddler

Well frankly how thing are going 3DS is going to be #1 by a mile anyways. I think 3DS could be Wii U's biggest competition for many Japanese-centric titles.
I agree with you, when you start developing right now the 3ds is the most "safe" platform.
So when can we expect RE Revelation HD vers. on WiiU ? My guess would be before march 13 or as a bonus for the inevitable RE6 WiiU version.
Also, now that we know Nano assault will be present on the WiiU (no doubt as a download title), could we see more 'download only' HD ports of 3DS games? As somebody suggested, RE:Revelations HD?
Agree with the date, I think is impossible that it will be a bonus for the RE6 WiiU version or a "download only game". They will make people buy RE:Revelation HD at full price (3DS games full price) and then RE6 Wii U at full price. Is RE:Revelation a Nintendo exclusive game?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Was it not? I thought the numbering scheme of the Orochi series went 1 - Z - 2 in Japan. My mistake then.

Warriors Orochi / 無双 OROCHI {2007.09.13}
Warriors Orochi 2 / 無双 OROCHI 魔王再臨 {2008.04.03}
Warriors Orochi Z / 無双OROCHI Z {2009.03.12}
Warriors Orochi 3 / 無双OROCHI 2 {2011.12.22}

FoneBone

Warriors Orochi / 無双 OROCHI {2007.09.13}
Warriors Orochi 2 / 無双 OROCHI 魔王再臨 {2008.04.03}
Warriors Orochi Z / 無双OROCHI Z {2009.03.12}
Warriors Orochi 3 / 無双OROCHI 2 {2011.12.22}

Well, he was right about the Japanese Orochi 2 being the US Orochi 3... close enough :p

Takao

Banned
If it was on Vita I would blame Vita.

MRaZa.jpg

Boney

Banned
Who am I supposed to blame? From the reports we've been getting, it's a good game. Much better than Medarot DS, and it has received a much larger marketing push than DS has.

maybe because everyone grew up and stopped liking shitty robots

Takao

Banned
I dunno. Maybe it's the price? It's on the expensive side for a kids game. I believe the MSRP is something insane like 6900 yen.

I dunno. Maybe it's the price? It's on the expensive side for a kids game. I believe the MSRP is something insane like 6900 yen.

Medarot DS was released after many similar game succeeded on the console. Pokémon (of all kind), Digimon, Fossil Diggers, Dragon Quest Monsters... 3DS is still young in the genre and I can totally see Medarot being driven by big names. Btw, we still don't know how it sold.

Nekki

Non-justified as it may be, i kinda understand Takao. Let him blame the 3DS all he wants lol.

So, after Nintendo Direct yesterday, what are your opinions (sales-wise) on WiiU?? Will it get enough attention to sell well? Or is there lacking support?

NSMBU, MH3GHD, DQX coming sometime... those are huge games, but they're all driven by uncertainty in many aspects.

My opinion is that those have the potential to really drive WiiiU's to japanese homes, just interested in other people's opinions

I know of course there are more games, just not any as big as those 3 (MH can be argued).

What else could be up-ported? I don't think stuff like Pushmo would be a wise decision, but it would really look glorious on a big screen lol.

Nano Assault Neo is a new game in the same world. It's not an HD port.

The HD ports announced so far are Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force.

Non-justified as it may be, i kinda understand Takao. Let him blame the 3DS all he wants lol.

So, after Nintendo Direct yesterday, what are your opinions (sales-wise) on WiiU?? Will it get enough attention to sell well? Or is there lacking support?

NSMBU, MH3GHD, DQX coming sometime... those are huge games, but they're all driven by uncertainty in many aspects.

My opinion is that those have the potential to really drive WiiiU's to japanese homes, just interested in other people's opinions

I know of course there are more games, just not any as big as those 3 (MH can be argued).

The Japanese third-parties support remains to be seen yet, so it's way too early to say whether in the long run Wii U will turn out to be a success or not, yet the price point is convenient enough, besides there are already some games coming - Mario, NintendoLand, Rayman(?) - that could sell well potentially, and other ones that may sell more than 100k - DQX, MH3G -, so it will have a good start in November/December imo.

cw_sasuke

We dont know anything about Mutant Mudds - it`ll probably a completely new title though.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
The Japanese third-parties support remains to be seen yet, so it's way too early to say whether in the long run Wii U will turn out to be a success or not, yet the price point is convenient enough, besides there are already some games coming - Mario, NintendoLand, Rayman(?) - that could sell well potentially, and other ones that may sell more than 100k - DQX, MH3G -, so it will have a good start in November/December imo.

The day Rayman is a big seller in Japan is the day Sonic is a big seller in Japan.

The day Rayman is a big seller in Japan is the day Sonic is a big seller in Japan.

I've put a question mark beside Rayman as I can't make my mind about whether it will sell decently - for sure it's a big potential as it is seemingly a good 2D platform/rhythm game that may appeal to the same audience as NSMB/DKCR - or will it bomb.

BTW, aside from aforementioned games, Japanese line-up is quite solid, lots of potential sales-wise.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I've put a question mark beside Rayman as I can't make my mind about whether it will sell decently - for sure it's a big potential as it is seemingly a good 2D platform/rhythm game that may appeal to the same audience as NSMB/DKCR - or will it bomb.

Rayman has been tested in Japan and failed.

Rayman has been tested in Japan and failed.

Most probably you're right and Rayman will bomb, that being said just recently we've seen Battlefield 3 rocking Japanese charts, something that contradicted somehow the commonplace that Japan dislikes FPS, so who knows, this time around it may be the underdog, and I hope so as Ubisoft is putting some effort into it.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Battlefield and Call of Duty build their sales release after release, they didn't become good sellers from nowhere. There isn't anything comparable with a game that no one will prefer over NSMBU.

The PSV version for sure. The PSP version will sell well.

Every day that passes PSP loses its power. The decline for LBX W is given but the size of decline remains to be seen.

God Eater 2 is PSP's last big title and if BN continues to delay its release it won't end well, at least not for a single PSP release.

Nekki

Did not know it was an all-new game. That is great news, i thought Nano assault was great.

So yeah, i think WiiU will have a good launch, what happens afterwards remains to be seen.

Every day that passes PSP loses its power. The decline for LBX W is given but the size of decline remains to be seen.

God Eater 2 is PSP's last big title and if BN continues to delay its release it won't end well, at least not for a single PSP release.

GE2:Burst on 3DS must happen.

Emitan

Who am I supposed to blame? From the reports we've been getting, it's a good game. Much better than Medarot DS, and it has received a much larger marketing push than DS has.

Yes it's the 3DS. It threatens to murder you if you want a Medarot game

Scum

Cheers, Cuddler. That's the list I've been looking for since the Bayo2 announcement. Damn! All came to fruition.

I have no idea how much the game itself will move but it seems like a pretty big indication that if you want a monster hunter you should be buying the wii U/3DS.

Top Bottom