• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2014 (Sep 01 - Sep 07)

Epic video!

They better buy some hardware. I'm seeing a lot of people posting pictures of the game, but no hardware.

LUKHKlu.jpg

hiska-kun

So no Smash lines yet? The game releases in a couple hours in Japan right?

The lines are for both things, the employers are promoting and guiding people to line for Smash and YW medals.
Lines are huge (i will upload a video later), i wasn't expecting this for Smash.
But if it's Smash + YW medals makes sense.

The lines are for both things, the employers are promotong and aiming people to line for Smash and YW medals.
Lines are huge (i will upload a video later), i wasn't expecting this for Smash.
But if it's Smash + YW medals makes sense.
Smash could benefit if they weren't there for it initially, people could get interested.

hiska-kun

Oh my god, Bic Camera in Shinjuku is collapsed. This photos make no justice, it's much bigger. I will upload a video later. You don't know where starts or finishes the line.

A6833DDA-DE72-4040-88BF-47A6C4F64EB3_zpskdfsyejb.jpg

7CDB4D70-C756-4905-A598-3860FF4C8957_zpstkyvv9p9.jpg

Wendler

Banned
What sales are people expecting from the Wii U version with the 3DS version existing? I'm sure this was a topic before.

I'm expecting around 180k launch week, definitely not hitting 200k first week.

Atram

What sales are people expecting from the Wii U version with the 3DS version existing? I'm sure this was a topic before.

I think Der Wendler is wrong in his opinion.

the WiiU version will release in the Season, for sure it wil make 200k+ without any Problem.

Mory Dunz

Hm, Mario Kart was 300 and something right?

180K sounds good.
I would guess, 150, but coming out during Christmas....not sure.

sega care so little for chain chronicle v's physical release that they didn't even send amazon a proper pack shot. rip.

lol, yep. First time I saw the box art is when someone posted a photo from a game shop after it'd been released. Chain Chronicle will be one of those physical games that just completely vanishes in a month or so, never to be seen on store shelves ever again.

NotLiquid

180k feels reasonable but anything can happen during the holiday period.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Looks like Bayo 2 finally entered the comgnet preorder chart

Bayo 2 - 15, Fatal Frame - 20

What's the actual name of the third title on this list? (Was using google translate)

[3DS] Monster Hunter 4G - 1476pt
[3DS] Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS - 1066pt
Brave box of scenery! Coat on top of connected [3DS] Haikyu !! - 67pt!
[3DS] Tales of the World Reve Yunaitia - 47pt
[PSV] absolute despair girl Dangan refute Another Episode - 38pt
[PS3] Kingdom Hearts - HD 2.5 Remix - - 35pt
[PS4] Psycho Break (PS4) - 34pt
Trajectory II of [PSV] The Legend of Heroes blende (Normal Edition) - 32pt
Trajectory II Limited Drama CD Bundle of [PSV] The Legend of Heroes blende - 30pt
[PS3] Psycho Break (PS3) - 28pt
Trajectory II Limited Drama CD Bundle of [PS3] The Legend of Heroes blende - 28pt
Trajectory of II [PS3] The Legend of Heroes blende (Normal Edition) - 28pt
[PSV] Mahoukakoukounorettousei Out of Order (First Press Limited Edition) - 27pt
[WiiU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - 26pt
[PSV] Phantasy Star Nova - 25pt
[PS3] Shining Resonance (Limited Edition) - 24pt
[WiiU] zero ~ 濡鴉 Bruno Miko ~ - 20pt
7 Empires [PS3] Dynasty Warriors (Normal Edition) - 19pt
[3DS] Forbidden Magna - 17pt
[WiiU] Bayonetta 2 - 15pt

hiska-kun

Super Smash Bros for 3DS
1C227A41-7E44-4350-9EA7-3A2C2324ED14_zpsjz8twj5c.jpg

468AA4E5-A28D-4244-9B96-D90252A5E058_zpsxzqjscsc.jpg

29456196-58DF-49B8-8C3F-D4D911C6F02F_zpsj2limcqo.jpg

Buy a 3DS XL + Super Smash Bros and save 3.000 yen in Bic Camera.
8951FE05-6A94-42D5-83DE-4AC75FA66A29_zpsuwf1exaq.jpg

Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro (Videogame's Floor)
5ADBEDA7-368A-4BBC-9C1A-EBD366216420_zpsfisiabao.jpg

Adverts in the subway:
DA05559E-25F5-44E2-B833-7744FB6391B2_zps1znoclpb.jpg

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
1C227A41-7E44-4350-9EA7-3A2C2324ED14_zpsjz8twj5c.jpg

29456196-58DF-49B8-8C3F-D4D911C6F02F_zpsj2limcqo.jpg

Buy a 3DS XL + Super Smash Bros and save 3.000 yen in Bic Camera.
8951FE05-6A94-42D5-83DE-4AC75FA66A29_zpsuwf1exaq.jpg

Yamada Denki in Ikebukuro (Videogame's Floor)
5ADBEDA7-368A-4BBC-9C1A-EBD366216420_zpsfisiabao.jpg

Are you buying Smash out of curiosity hiska? I see you always take pictures, but I'm curious what you actually end up buying =).

ILoveBish

Yep, if nintendo releases a all new smash game thats never been on 3ds before every month for the next few years, they'll be in great shape. I'm sure that is 100% possible, nintendo is very clever.

Chindogg

Yep, if nintendo releases a all new smash game thats never been on 3ds before every month for the next few years, they'll be in great shape. I'm sure that is 100% possible, nintendo is very clever.

And all Sony has to do is sell 10million PS4s a month and they might barely become a solvent company again.

Road

More publishers should schedule their games on the day new yokai watch medals are released.

All the increased foot traffic might help their sales and save dedicated consoles.

Koei Tecmo must call Level 5 everyday asking if they can make Yokai Warriors.

Mory Dunz

More publishers should schedule their games on the day new yokai watch medals are released.

All the increased foot traffic might help their sales and save dedicated consoles.

Koei Tecmo must call Level 5 everyday asking if they can make Yokai Warriors.

All publishers need to welcome their Yokai overlords.

hiska-kun

Btw, Destiny for PS3 is sold out in Bic Camera. PS4+Destiny Bundle too, the standard version is still available.

The blog reported a 80% sellthrough, so it's expected.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
new releases

{2014.09.18}

[PSV] Gundam Breaker (PlayStation Vita the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.024)
[PSV] Fate/Stay Night -Realta Nua- (PlayStation Vita the Best) <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥4.104)

{2014.09.20}

[WIU] Bayonetta 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) (¥8.316)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Well it's already #1 on the eShop which is a rare thing for retail games (only Mon Hun, Tomodachi Collection and of-course Animal Crossing achieved this so soon).

BriBri, is the game already in the 3DS Japanese All-Time Charts?

BriBri

BriBri, is the game already in the 3DS Japanese All-Time Charts?
Not yet. Denpa 3 is #20 (3DS only), lowest retail is Pokémon X (X and Y are two SKUs) at #18. Only other retail games are Tomodachi (13), Mon Hun (3) and Animal Crossing (1). Incidentally Kirby Fighters Z hasn't charted yet.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not yet. Denpa 3 is #20 (3DS only), lowest retail is Pokémon X (X and Y are two SKUs) at #18. Only other retail games are Tomodachi (13), Mon Hun (3) and Animal Crossing (1). Incidentally Kirby Fighters Z hasn't charted yet.

Thanks for the infos :D

Impotaku

Most likely more medals coming out in the next corocoro, there are still quite a few special ones to be released. Although the next game i imagine is already on the way, read on a blog that it has something to do with wispers backstory.

Oh god a set of YW amibo would be godly but i'd fear for my wallet at the thought as there are several hundred in the game, i can barely keep up with the medals as it is.

How could it be amiibos though. At the moment, Wii U is the only console that supports them and there hasn't been any YW on it yet and afaik (which isn't much tbh) YW2 hasn't been said to support them. Is it possible to patch the for the compatibility on n3DS? Has Nintendo evens said yet that they'd allow third party amiibo's?

L~A

^

NFC is a standard, so they should be able to do whatever they want. They actually want more publishers making use of the NFC reader on Wii U (and later on 3DS, I guess). Now, if publishers want to use the amiibo brand, then yeah, I supposed they need to get some deal or something, but I doubt they need to use the brand to begin with.

Pretty sure Kirby Fighters sold something like 20k? I remember reading about that a few days ago, came from Famitsu I believe.

Although the next game i imagine is already on the way, read on a blog that it has something to do with wispers backstory.

Youkai Watch 3 won't be announced before April (just like YW2), to maximise sales. Now people keep throwing around that "3rd version" thing, and if there's any time to do it, it's right when the movies comes out... Dec 22. If that next issue of CoroCoro will have a YW2 scoop, the timing is just right. 3rd version announced roughly 2 months before release... yeah, I can see that happening.

BriBri

Apparently a big announcement for Youkai Watch 2 is coming in the next corocoro. Time for a third version?
It's 'only' medal related.
tumblr_inline_nbueh2Eyrw1rmjx4g.jpg

Pretty sure Kirby Fighters sold something like 20k? I remember reading about that a few days ago, came from Famitsu I believe.
I couldn't remember the number but thought I'd name-check it to give some perspective as it's been number one ever since release.

Top Bottom