• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2013 (Sep 09 - Sep 15)

Dear lord the 3DS on that graph. Reminds me of this:

iu6CYq8ogVNtj.gif

Also, they released that AKB game again?

I love these 3DS software vs EVERYTHING ELSE'S SOFTWARE and 3DS hardware vs EVERYTHING ELSE'S HARDWARE charts. Japan is truly 3DS-land.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'll never understand why Japan is so crazy about Monster Hunter.

Then again, i don't understand why America is so crazy about GTA and Call of Duty either.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Nintendo should really confirm the cut price for the Wii U also for Japan. And go ahead with a tighter release schedule (for example adding DKTF to the 2013 season also in Japan)

Instead, is Vita "waiting" for the new model? Cause they already have a cut price and some of their most important softwares released..

Damn, l was very wrong about MH4 bumping up 3DS evergreen titles... l swore that would be the case, but it seems the MonHun crowd wanted MonHun and nothing else.

Pokemon should definitely boost evergreen sales though, l would think.

EDIT: I want Famitsu numbers!

Damn, l was very wrong about MH4 bumping up 3DS evergreen titles... l swore that would be the case, but it seems the MonHun crowd wanted MonHun and nothing else.

Everybody is playing monster hunter 4. I would expect a boost in evergreen titles from next week till the end of the year.

So, Capcom went from $150M cash reserve to how much now

~2,000,000 copies sold at $40 each (I think that's the price when adjusted to USD, not sure how it sits in JPY) = $80,000,000, minus whatever cut retailers/Nintendo get. I think Capcom should clear 30-40% of that though, so around $24,000,000 to $32,000,000 added to their warchest? Might be as high as a 60% going to Capcom, so $48,000,000 in that case.

Glass Rebel

As I said in the other thread, this puts download cards for Monster Hunter at about 160k if we compare MC and Famitsu Numbers directly.

daxgame

Monster Seller indeed.
Ace Attorney will break 350k at least, yes! Luigi is also marching towards 1 mln...
Meanwhile, tight battle between Vita, PSP and WiiU :-(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No positive % for any other 3DS title when 275.000 handhelds have been sold? Strange :?
I don't think they wanna spend much time playing anything else besides of MH right now... But this should change in the following weeks. Holiday season should be massive for MH and the other 3DS evergreen titles.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is the MC/Famitsu HW numbers difference for the 3DS set by the bundle, as the diffrence in SW is set by the retail download cards?

Monster hunter is a huge timesink

Orgen

I don't think they wanna spend much time playing anything else besides of MH right now... But this should change in the following weeks. Holiday season should be massive for MH and the other 3DS evergreen titles.

I thought so. Let's see if there're any bumps in next M-C threads.

If this doesn't tell Nintendo to flap around the bills in Capcom's face to get MH5 or an Ultimate edition of 4 on board the Wii U, then I don't know what will...

Amazing numbers for 3DS and MH, sad about everything else... it's never good to sell so little.

Top Bottom