• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2013 (Sep 09 - Sep 15)

zroid

Banned
No one will have time to play anything else, going into MonHan. Obviously they wouldn't buy any other games. :p

Guys I think it's time for another Race to 2 Million gif. It's time.

Road

No one will have time to play anything else, going into MonHan. Obviously they wouldn't buy any other games. :p

Guys I think it's time for another Race to 2 Million gif. It's time.

But it's not over 2 million yet.

Wait for next week.

Einbroch

Banned
It's strange watching people enjoy the Vita struggle. It's a great piece of hardware. The 3DS is dominating, sure, but it's not like Sony has horrible policies or the hardware is a piece of crap.

But, hey, a good trainwreck is always fun to watch, I guess.

Cha

The MH4 numbers are crazy. The difference in sales numbers between the #1 and #2 games are huge. Damn!

Hardware wise:
Vita sales and WiiU sales sliding normally, which is a little surprising, I was expecting a sharper drop this week.

3DS sales are just plain BAD
ASS!!
:p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You are just asking to be tag quoted

I'm not saying they're bad games, i'm saying i don't understand why they sell 10 times more than any other good games out there. It's not like MH, GTA and COD are much much better than everything else.

Glass Rebel

It's strange watching people enjoy the Vita struggle. It's a great piece of hardware. The 3DS is dominating, sure, but it's not like Sony has horrible policies or the hardware is a piece of crap.

Yeah, that isn't actually happening.

Good lord at those MH4 numbers. Good on the 3DS and Capcom.

Sony letting that franchise get away remains one of the most dumbfounding mistakes in the past generation I can remember.

3ds_vita_mh34tmef2.png
I'm afraid to ask this. Can we have a comparative between all the 3DS software and the Vita software?

What you see in others is merely a reflection of yourself

No positive % for any other 3DS title when 275.000 handhelds have been sold? Strange :?
Not that much. It's logical that during the launch week not only the ones that bought the hardware, but also the ones that already had it, will prioritize the purchase of MH4 over everything else.
But in a matter of weeks we will see how those sales also impact the rest of the library in the same way that Pokémon will impact them.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Evergreen 3DS software not seeing the bumps you might expect... Which, actually, probably isn't that bad a situation. Proves MH4 is attracting a different audience to 3DS.

Stunning 3DS and MH4 figures. Very interested to see the impact of Pokémon next month.

I imagine they will get the bumps in the next few wks or after pokemon right. Right now its all monhun.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I haven't seen anybody "enjoying" the struggle.

Bruno MB

04./02. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 12.324 / 434.101 <80-100%> (-59%) - Around 66.000 units in stock.

20./10. [PS3] Lost Planet 3 <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.08.29} (¥6.990) - 3.157 / 46.362 <40-60%> (-65%) - Between 31.000 and 39.000 units in stock.

Which of these two games will be the first to sell its initial shipment?
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 184.462 / NEW <80-100%>

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 11.835 / 196.297 <80-100%> (-94%)

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.08.27} (¥3.300) - 2.287 / 198.584 <80-100%> (-81%)

3 weeks since its release and it still hasn't been restocked.

Edit: Amazon.co.jp, in stock on September 21, 2013

jwhit28

VitaTV vs the software lineup Nintendo has built to move Wii U's will be interesting. For all Nintendo did wrong, they get another holiday season to themselves with a much better lineup this year.

Just like with WiiU, there will be always fanboys enjoying the Schadenfreude.

As for me, I just hope that Vita and WiiU are just fuck ups by their respective parent companies, and not signs of things to come. The alternative would be scary.

Well, one has sold 12m machines, the other 1,8m. There is no contest.
Animal Crossing alone sold more than the entire Vita line up.
Probably with the WiiU it's even more humiliating since it has sold less consoles and had less releases.

The Vita is really lacking in AAA games. Even the GCN with its 4.5m LTD had a million seller in SSBM, the Vita top sellers are just round ~300k so far iirc.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The same thing happened with The Wonderful 101 on here. A platinum game, new original IP for Nintendo, yet people were happy to see it bomb. Probably hoping it would inexplicably force Bayonetta 2 to become multiplatform or something.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Holy fuckin' shit...

Not because of the sales but because MC apparently made this chart themselves.

Media Create = fanboy troll

When the industry is pretty much just the 3DS I can imagine they can get away with it (if they did make I'm not sure), probably similar things occurred during PS2 era.

mclem

It's worth bearing in mind - as consumers - that when people comment on hardware sales, it's often more accurate to comment not in the context of the hardware itself, and more from the standpoint of the ecosystem that that hardware enables.

The Vita is great hardware, I have one, I love it. The software ecosystem, though, is sorely lacking in original content that suits may taste. The Wii U is great hardware with an interesting (to me!) hook. The software ecosystem is a desert.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
One console Japan marches on (+smartphone gaming you bastards who always try and tack on to my posts you're all on notice NOOOOOOOOTICE).

Portable 3rd still feels like MonHun Fever's peak, but we'll see what happens with MonHun 5 if thats going to be 3DS bound now every MonHun fan has been forced in, or even perhaps some sizeable expansion like a MonHun 4 2G.

WiiU dipping that 5k line. Vita suffering from "if i'm gonna buy a portable this week, which one do you fucking think its gonna be", which of course will get worse when Pokemon hits in kind.

BadWolf

WiiU dipping that 5k line. Vita suffering from "if i'm gonna buy a portable this week, which one do you fucking think its gonna be", which of course will get worse when Pokemon hits in kind.

Some people are also probably holding off on Vita until the slim hits.

There's also VitaTV releasing soon.

Vinnk

It's not like people are being nicer to the 360 or the WiiU. Sales are sales. People here enjoy the numbers. I have a WiiU and love it, that doesn't made its situation any less grim.

It is sad to see that the PSP might actually sell more than Vita and Wii U.

2014 for Wiiu hopefully is Smash, new Zelda, 3 d Mario, x and a couple of other big games.
That should pick up sales.

I'm surprised more 3rd parties are nt making games on 3 DS. At this moment despite me wanting persona 5 on ps3 vita , it seems it should be ps3 3ds. I'm curious to see how much it will sell on 3 DS.

Top Bottom