• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2015 (Sep 07 - Sep 13)

How long until PS4 catches Wii U ?

max difference : week 57 (+348k for Wii U)
min difference : week 82 (+131k for Wii U)

after price cut week?
PS4's holiday isn't looking good though, but the first quarter of 2016 is looking good. I guess its a similar scenario to the previous year.

Scum

Chû Totoro;179806954 said:
I guess the funny part is that you suggest it like it could be possible... and yet you seem to realize that it's almost impossible (?!?).
not that funny I agree but it's what made him/her reacts I guess

Oh, right. I see. Fair enough.

after price cut week?
PS4's holiday isn't looking good though, but the first quarter of 2016 is looking good. I guess its a similar scenario to the previous year.

it has been already some years that sony leaves winter holidays to nintendo and they fill up the release in Q1, just see what happened this year...

but I don't understand how people could say PS4 2016 will be barely like 2015 despite the massive line-up

and at least next winter holidays sony has something :
Summer Lesson
:D

test_account

XP-39C²
sörine;179739476 said:
Probably not, and you can probably thank mobile for that. Dedicated game systems in Japan will be going from near 75m last gen between 5 platforms to less than half that this gen. Last gen we had four systems crack 10m, this gen it'll be just one. It's not just handhelds eating consoles, it's mobile eating everything.
Yeah, thats why i'm wondering if splitting things over fewer system would change things, or if it will just be about the same as today where things are split out on more platforms :)

Mory Dunz

Do I get it right? A weekly (Friday) Splatoon show on Nico Nico/Famtsu channel where you can play with some guests. First one is with voice actress Ruriko Aoki.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/24089417.html

So is Splatoon still being advertised?

With the amount of push, I wonder what the next step is.

I would say, one of the mobile games could be Splatoon something, but I'm not sure Nintendo knew it would do as well as it's doing. It would've been extremely confident to make a high profile mobile game with DeNa before it the Wii U game released

horuhe

PS4 > 50k during the Call of Duty week?

I personally don't think so.

I agree that with Metal Gear we've got more than 50k, but that 50k hits will be much less seen as far we go in time, for mid-tier titles. More than even 60k I can see for FFVIIR FFXV o DQXI or any PS4 big blockbuster, but for Call of Duty I could only see around 40k. That would be my bet.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I personally don't think so.

I agree that with Metal Gear we've got more than 50k, but that 50k hits will be much less seen as far we go in time, for mid-tier titles. More than even 60k I can see for FFVIIR FFXV o DQXI or any PS4 big blockbuster, but for Call of Duty I could only see around 40k. That would be my bet.

Meaningless statistic.

Just say guys hahaha.
But seriusly, even for me is to much since it sold 55k with Metal Gear...

I wanna say 40,000...

Vena

Just say guys hahaha.
But seriusly, even for me is to much since it sold 55k with Metal Gear...

I wanna say 40,000...

I would say (a lot?) lower but we'll see what (lasting) affects the price drop has on the system. The CoD audience in Japan is small and CoD already came out on the PS4 (and the PS3) (and is a known entity for fans of the series who have a desire to upgrade anyway, so this would be a protracted affect). The fact that it isn't the "first of its kind" and a heralded title with a very loyal base (such as MGSV), would lead me to expect much more diminished results akin to that of Mario releasing over and over on the WiiU having a diminishing returns.

If you look at the audience that was on the PS3, all ~100k of them, you'd have to ask yourself how many of them: haven't already upgraded, don't care to upgrade, won't upgrade between price drop and release. By then, known quantity and all that, the number of left over "spikers" to give you such a big boost is likely going to be small. Big spikes come with new software (particularly franchises) not previously seen or not written on the wall as to be coming down the line or being a breakout hit.

Of course, as this is all happen-stance before we see the affects of the price drop, the point is somewhat moot. For all we know, come October, PS4's will be selling by the MILLIONS per week in Japan!

Xbox One....seventy-one. PS4 preparing for a minor explosion, Wii U hold is okay, but does Mario Maker Console bundle have Squid legs?

crinale

I was expecting a bit more from World Trigger (at least 30-35k). Mild debut for Pokémon as well.

If some info from shopkeeper's blog (not the one leaks MC numbers) are correct they are both supply constrained I guess. Especially we should expect Pokemon to be in that state for some time.

If some info from shopkeeper's blog (not the one leaks MC numbers) are correct they are both supply constrained I guess. Especially we should expect Pokemon to be in that state for some time.

Let's see, then, if World Trigger will be able to pull the same legs The Seven Deadly Sins and Assassination Classroom had.

Let's see, then, if World Trigger will be able to pull the same legs The Seven Deadly Sins and Assassination Classroom had.

It seems a pretty average first week shipment for your average Bamco licenced property which doesn't have any pedigree in videogames:

123 - 3DS Assassination Classroom: Korosensei Daihouimou!! 24,457
162 - 3DS The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin 28,253

82 - PSV The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order 27,639
109 PSV Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram 23,860

I wouldn't expect any legs. Irregular Magic High School was high sellthrough at launch too but didn't see any. Assassination Classroom is the only one that pulled off something crazy (looking at JapanLTDRank, even Seven Deadly Sins didn't manage to double FW sales, though I do know what you mean about it hanging around the charts a while).

Ryng_tolu

Banned
PS4 LOL.
Down YOY for the second week.

As i said, Metal Gear effect boost PS4 only for one week.
If PS4 sell less than 25-30k during the pricedrop week, that's gonna be REALLY BAD.

Wii U too not good, but at lest is not so bad. :p
Splatoon and Mario still strong! :D

It seems a pretty average first week shipment for your average Bamco licenced property which doesn't have any pedigree in videogames:

123 - 3DS Assassination Classroom: Korosensei Daihouimou!! 24,457
162 - 3DS The Seven Deadly Sins: Unjust Sin 28,253

82 - PSV The Irregular at Magic High School: Out of Order 27,639
109 PSV Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram 23,860

I wouldn't expect any legs. Irregular Magic High School was high sellthrough at launch too but didn't see any. Assassination Classroom is the only one that pulled off something crazy (looking at JapanLTDRank, even Seven Deadly Sins didn't manage to double FW sales, though I do know what you mean about it hanging around the charts a while).

Dengeki had The Seven Deadly Sins at 55k units back in May:

48./36. [3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins – Unjust Sin (Bandai Namco entertainment) {2015.02.11} – 2.447 / 55.390 (+13%)

I was expecting slightly more from World Trigger because it was second in both COMGnet and Tsutaya rankings.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PS4 LOL.
Down YOY for the second week.

As i said, Metal Gear effect boost PS4 only for one week.
If PS4 sell less than 25-30k during the pricedrop week, that's gonna be REALLY BAD.

It's after the price cut was announced. It's normal that numbers go down the weeks prior to the price cut.

hiska-kun

Dengeki had The Seven Deadly Sins at 55k units back in May:

48./36. [3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins – Unjust Sin (Bandai Namco entertainment) {2015.02.11} – 2.447 / 55.390 (+13%)

I was expecting slightly more from World Trigger because it was second in both COMGnet and Tsutaya rankings.

The blog said that it wouldn't reach even 50k.
That's the best source we have. Comg and Tsutaya can show a different picture but it doesn't mean they're being accurate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179211707

Ryng_tolu

Banned
It's after the price cut was announced. It's normal that numbers go down the weeks prior to the price cut.

Of course is normal, but is still bad.
I expect a massive drop, but so massive to be honest...
We will see what's happen with the price drop, should be over 30k. Maybe more?

The blog said that it wouldn't reach even 50k.
That's the best source we have. Comg and Tsutaya can show a different picture but it doesn't mean they're being accurate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179211707

I'm not saying they are accurate for the whole picture: they are a non-representative sample of the population of stores. Then, I didn't get that 50k was the LTD and not the first week (I thought it wasn't able to reach 50k FW / 100k LTD) - also, it was selling better than expected. Some sort of consistency across both chains led me to think that World Trigger would have done slightly better.

Top Bottom