• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2013 (Sep 16 - Sep 22)

Code:
[B][U]Tsutaya Software Sales Rankings: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)	Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)[/U][/B]

01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4						01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 512pt
[b]02./NEW [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate[/b]				[B]02. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 244pt
[b]03./NEW [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day[/b]					03. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day – 154pt
[b]04./NEW [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki[/b]			04. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – 90pt
[b]05./NEW [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki[/b]			05. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – 70pt
[b]06./NEW [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate[/b]				06. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – 56pt
[b]07./NEW [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD[/b]			07. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 52pt
[b]08./NEW [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (Limited CD Bundle)[/b]	08. [PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End (HD Comp! Box) – 39pt
[b]09./NEW [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (Limited CD Bundle)[/b]	09. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (Limited Drama CD Bundle) – 36pt[/b]
10./02. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn			10. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (Limited Drama CD Bundle) – 36pt
[b]11./NEW [PS3] Arcadias no Ikusahime					11. [PS3] Arcadias no Ikusahime – 23pt[/b]
12./03. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life			12. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn – 20pt
[b]13./NEW [3DS] Disney Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion[/b]			13. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 20pt
[b]14./NEW [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 with Power-Up Kit[/b]	[B]14. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day (Collector's Edition) – 19pt[/B]
15./15. [3DS] Youkai Watch						15. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 16pt
16./05. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team					16. [3DS] Youkai Watch – 14pt
17./04. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle			17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 13pt
18./08. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life				18. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle – 12pt
[b]19./09. [PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End[/b]		[B]19. [PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End – 12pt[/B]
20./09. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf					20. [PSP] God Eater: Burst (PSP the Best Reprint) – 11pt
[B]* New releases are in bold 						* 1 pt = 1 sale
PS3 - 9									PS3 - 10
3DS - 7									3DS - 5
PSV - 3									PSV - 3
WIU - 1									WIU - 1
									PSP - 1[/B]

[b][U]New releases not present in either Top 20:[/U]

[3DS] Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist - Dairiou no Hihou
[3DS] Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist - Dairiou no Hihou (Wang Agency Selection Box)
[3DS] Gardening Mama: Mama to Mori no Nakama Tachi
[3DS] Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi: Nagaragawa Tetsudou Hen

[PSV] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 with Power-Up Kit
[PSV] Rui wa Tomo o Yobu
[PSV] Rui wa Tomo o Yobu (Limited Edition)
[PSV] Koshoku Meikyuu Rondo: La Roue de Fortune
[PSV] Koshoku Meikyuu Rondo: La Roue de Fortune (Limited Edition)
[PSV] DJ Max Technika Tune (Best Hit Selection)

[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side - Triple Pack

[PSP] Starry Sky: After Winter Portable
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Winter Portable (Limited Edition)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Winter Portable - Twin Pack
[PSP] Hyaku Monogataru: Kaidan Romance
[PSP] Hyaku Monogataru: Kaidan Romance (Deluxe Edition)
[PSP] Oumagatoki & Tasogaredoki: Twin Pack
[PSP] Meiji Toukyou Renka
[PSP] Meiji Toukyou Renka (Limited Edition Box)

[WIU] Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
[WIU] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 with Power-Up Kit
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Bargain Edition)

[WII] Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
[WII] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online (Bargain Edition)

[PS3] Rui wa Tomo o Yobu
[PS3] Rui wa Tomo o Yobu (Limited Edition)
[PS3] Eiyuu Senki
[PS3] Eiyuu Senki (Limited Edition)
[PS3] Painkiller: Hell & Damnation
[PS3] Shutsugeki!! Otometachi no Senjou 2: Yuukoku o Kakeru Koujo no Tsubasa (SystemSoft Selection)

[360] Armored Core: Verdict Day
[360] Painkiller: Hell & Damnation[/b]

For the people who aren't regulars in Media Create threads:

What is Tsutaya?
Tsutaya is a major retailer with 1,444 retail stores (613 that sell new games) all across Japan.

What is Comgnet?
Comgnet is the website for the retailer "COMG!" that has 16 retail stores across one prefecture in Japan.

Why post these rankings?
They are released three days before Media Create + Famitsu + Dengeki give us nationwide sales, so we get a general indication of how well the games will perform relative to their competition.

How accurate is Tsutaya compared to nationwide retail tracking services?
It's large enough that it gives a very probable indication of future sales rankings, but it's not large enough to be definitive.

Famitsu: ~3,600 stores
Media Create + Dengeki: >3,000 stores
Tsutaya: 613 stores
Comgnet: 16 stores

2013 Tsutaya + Comgnet Weekly Sales Archive

So 10K - 20K for WWHD, probably.

I really do wonder if the bundles at the end of the month will do anything. I also wonder if Rayman will chart in the Top 20.

04./NEW [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
05./NEW [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki

Slay a biT. Japan trully is the handheld land.

NeonZ

Minish Cap, the last 2d Zelda, years ago, did 235,400. I really don't think aLttP2 will even match that. Why would the audience for that kind of game have grown?

Dayumn. All four versions of Sen no Kiseki charting over at Tsutaya.

Go Kiseki GOOOOOOO.

I'm worried word of mouth will kill any potential for staying power. This game will also mark 2 games in a row that left Japan with the impression that Kiseki games were being shipped faulty/unfinished (although I never personally experienced an Ao bug).

jnWake

Minish Cap, the last 2d Zelda, years ago, did 235,400. I really don't think aLttP2 will even match that. Why would the audience for that kind of game have grown?

Well, Luigi's Mansion 2 has been selling well. Why would THAT audience have grown?

MegalonJJ

Banned
Probably not? Plus they don't even have the WiiU WW HD bundle.

Ignoring the WWHD sales for now, as general consensus due to the announced Wii U bundles at the end of October, can we expect to see Wii U sales decline (possibly by quite a lot) until the bundles are released?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe this isn't the best place to ask this -- but I was under the impression that Monster Hunter 4 was fully online and not just local online. Is that not the case? I have a friend buying a 3DS soon that is on the other side of the U.S. and we were hoping to play in the future. Would be nice to know if we can't.

It is local and online. So yes, you can play with each other.
This is a good example of "Don't hurt the core product."

MH4 can have online because it makes no sense to limit it in favor of the much lower tier Frontier game.

Lumyst

Nothing at all. NCL should just "VitaTV" the WiiU.

It's strange, how Nintendo seems to keep their own creative control, collaborations with Platinum, SMT x FE, etc. in Japan, yet the WiiU's lineup, chock full of Ubisoft and others, is full of western games (and their Western collaborations are for games like Lego City, Art Academy, SiNG Party...where's a Platinum calibre western collaboration if it ends up being a console for the west?!? I don't see N64 era western appeal to make up for the shortfall of Japanese support, and I don't see them gearing up for their next console in a way that they could recapture that appeal, meaning I suspect they will try again in the same vein as the Wii and WiiU).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't understand why Sega doesn't understand this.
PSO2 is the core product in that scenario, and thus PSN can't have online as that could impact it.

Now if they viewed them as equal products this would be different, but they were very clear at the unveil that PSN is a tier 2 title compared to PSO2 being the flagship.

Once again I have to question Nintendo's choices for Wii U software.

Remaking Wind Waker never made any sense.

How's that supposed to work? A Vita TV is a Vita minus screen minus control inputs plus TV out. What's left of the Wii U when you give it the Vita TV treatment?

Drop the Gamepad and make the Wii U an HD version of Wii for $150. This strategy would have been brilliant in 2010, but it's still worth a shot a in 2013/2014.

I think the remake would have been a fine choice for the lineup if there was more other stuff hitting around it but the way the support has worked out makes it seem like a higher profile game than it is or than was probably intended.

Scum

It's strange, how Nintendo seems to keep their own creative control, collaborations with Platinum, SMT x FE, etc. in Japan, yet the WiiU's lineup, chock full of Ubisoft and others, is full of western games (and their Western collaborations are for games like Lego City, Art Academy, SiNG Party...where's a Platinum calibre western collaboration if it ends up being a console for the west?!? I don't see N64 era western appeal to make up for the shortfall of Japanese support, and I don't see them gearing up for their next console in a way that they could recapture that appeal, meaning I suspect they will try again in the same vein as the Wii and WiiU).

Nintendo needs to be a global company for N64-era to work. Until that happens, it's only going to get worse.

How's that supposed to work? A Vita TV is a Vita minus screen minus control inputs plus TV out. What's left of the Wii U when you give it the Vita TV treatment?

I meant the idea behind the VitaTV. Nirolak made a bloody great point about this a few weeks ago. Don't waste the WiiU R&D, "reuse" it to develop a WiiU 2.0, get a Nintendo family thing going, much like Sony has. Every bit of Sony's gaming hardware is now part of an ecosystem.

Drop the Gamepad and make the Wii U an HD version of Wii for $150. This strategy would have been brilliant in 2010, but it's still worth a shot a in 2013/2014.

Oh, hey there. A little late than usual.

Gonff

Banned
You think they'd price it below the 3DS XL?

People here think the Wii U is worth almost nothing even though it is superior to both the 360 and PS3, which are still being sold for $200-$300.

On an unrelated note, WWHD was never going to sell in Japan. A remake on the 3DS wouldn't even sell well. Console Zelda is done in Japan. Also, I think some of you are underestimating Link Between Worlds. Almost every Nintendo IP has exceeded expectations on the 3DS. That is a healthy trend, and in no way indicates a sub-par Zelda 3DS launch.

Scum

I think the remake would have been a fine choice for the lineup if there was more other stuff hitting around it but the way the support has worked out makes it seem like a higher profile game than it is or than was probably intended.

It's at times like these that Nintendo could do with studios near NoE and NoA. Let them handle remakes of long forgotten IPs that'll hit the mark while consumers wait for Mario Kart and X.

People here think the Wii U is worth almost nothing even though it is superior to both the 360 and PS3, which are still being sold for $200-$300.

On an unrelated note, WWHD was never going to sell in Japan. A remake on the 3DS wouldn't even sell well. Console Zelda is done in Japan. Also, I think some of you are underestimating Link Between Worlds. Almost every Nintendo IP has exceeded expectations on the 3DS. That is a healthy trend, and in no way indicates a sub-par Zelda 3DS launch.

I have high hopes for A link Between Worlds too.

sörine

Banned
What about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Those were as 2D as A Link Between Worlds is.

Myshkin

At least Ore no Imouto no Tseuke-Yaeba ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai shows up in the Tsutaya/Comgnet charts in a rightful place of honor.

Nintendo had great success with Ocarina of Time 3D for 3DS when it released back in June 2011. At the time (pre-Wii U) it seemed appropriate to commission a similar type of upgrade for their new console.

The corporate strategy was sound, even if the execution in 2013 was not such a good idea (in terms of sales). It's a low-budget project that would please fans, it was a good choice to pick because of how well liked it is, and it would presumably sell along a successful trajectory like Ocarina of Time 3D.

Glass Rebel

Not sure if posted but here's another life-sim for 3DS, this time Konami's Magician's Quest: Town of Magic.

VshuOlH.jpg

Seems to be an enhanced port with more more items and a shop. Release is Nov 21 for 2940 yen.

The Disgaea 4 director and Idea Factory are working on a Vita RPG to be released in 2014. No other details but the biggest news here is probably that it's Vita-only and not a PS3 multiplat. Company confidence in Vita seems to be rising.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I have direct acces to this blog, but I'm using the phone and I can't write propetly.

Zelda is less than 30% sellthrough, armored core 30%, legend of heroes 60% and orochi 40-50%.

This week rabbits is epic mickey 2 all versions.

Numbers public to everyone now

first day sellthrough

[PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day - 30%
[360] Armored Core: Verdict Day - 50% (PS3/360 sales = 10/1)
[PS3] Eiyuu Senki - 30%
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD < 30% (40-50k for the week will be hard to reach)
[PS3/PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki > 60%
[PS3] My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute. Happy End - 50%
[PS3/PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate - 40-50%
[3DS/WII/WIU] Disney Epic Mickey - Rabbids Land

Road

Numbers public to everyone now

first day sellthrough

[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD < 30% (40-50k for the week will be hard to reach)

He's talking about Wii U hardware sales, btw.

---------------------------------------------------
And for those who don't read gaf on the weekend:

Prediction League October, 2013

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Sep 30 to Oct 27):

[3DS] Pokémon X/Y (16 days) -
[PS3+360] Grand Theft Auto V (18 days) -
[PS3] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (18 days) -
[PSV] Danganronpa 1 & 2 Reload (18 days) -
[3DS] Battle for Money: Sentouchuu (11 days) -
[3DS] Hardware (28 days) -
[PSV] Hardware (28 days) -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: October, 2nd 09:00 am (EST) (when Famitsu or Media Create first make their weekly sales public)

Road

For the 40-50k? Why would anyone expect that type of hardware number for Wii U outside of December?

The blog is usually tongue-in-cheek. It could be just his way of saying there's little interest in the game or an indirect hint about the games sales -- in this interpretation, he thinks it's not gonna sell 40~50k -- without outright saying them and making public even more information that he shouldn't be divulging in the first place.

Anyway it doesn't matter. We have to wait 48 hours to find out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yuji Horii and a DQX big wig showing up to unveil a phone game states that they see a large potential audience for Dragon Quest on phones and have decided to go after it. There are four main possibilities of what they could be doing.

1.) Hype their existing types of low effort phone games more.
2.) Make higher effort phone games in hopes of getting a larger audience.
3.) Make Dragon Quest XI exclusively for phones.
4.) Make Dragon Quest XI and have phones as one of multiple platform choices.

No Nirolak, you clearly don't understand how Matsuda thinks.

Smartphones are the future, and Square Enix needs to be at that future *now*.

As such, they're bringing Dragon Quest X to smartphones via cloud streaming and "Square Enix and NTT Docomo are also forming a partnership to bring more games to smartphones and tablets."

BlackJace

Square Enix knows exactly where they're going this generation. I think people need to start accepting it.
I'm fully expecting KH III, FF XV, and the maintenance of FF XIV ARR to be the only relevant things from them in the coming years.

Top Bottom