• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2017 (Sep 18 - Sep 24)

Nanashrew

Banned
There seems to be a pretty active rhythm game audience on the switch. Deemo is up there.

It's a pretty game, and also can be pretty hardcore. I have no doubt Switch will have a healthy market for rhythm games, especially ones that utilize the touch screen.

Since the Switch has a capacitive touch screen, they've opened themselves up to crazy stuff like this which was normally limited to phones and arcades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Zq_VC6X_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpDAKzeVV0

I only wonder how long more companies will get in on it.

hiska-kun

First Day Sell-through {2017.09.28}

[PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 70%

[PS4] FIFA 18 (Ronaldo Edition) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.26} (¥9.800)
[NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800)
[PS3] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
[XB1] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
20% (some stores selling the game in advanced)

[NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800)
[3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥6.800)
30% (Switch >> New 3DS)

[PS4] Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2017.09.28} (¥7.200) - 50%

[PS4] Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.09.28} (¥6.980) - 40%

Rabbids Land

[PS4] Knack II <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.09.28} (¥4.900) - 10%

All the Knack bundling in Japan made it a damn near certainty the sequel would bomb. They didn't want to hurt again, though it's a shame since the second game is solid.

L~A

[PS4] FIFA 18 (Ronaldo Edition) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.26} (¥9.800)
[NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800)
[PS3] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
[XB1] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800)
20% (some stores selling the game in advanced)

[NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800)
[3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥6.800)
30% (Switch >> New 3DS)

Damn, definitely on the low side for FEW. Wish blogger provided separate shipment for Switch / N3DS.

Not surprised at FIFA 18 Switch being second best-selling SKU, since PS3 is dead, and Xbox One... well. Difference between Switch and PS4 probably isn't looking good for the Switch, though.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Fire Emblem is officially coming out today and FIFA Standard Edition tomorrow. Some stores put them on sale from Thursday because the quarter ends on Saturday, these numbers aren't full first day shipments.

Fire Emblem is officially coming out today and FIFA Standard Edition tomorrow. Some stores put them on sale from Thursday because the quarter ends on Saturday, these numbers aren't full first day shipments.

Kind of odd, but alright. Do we know how much sold from Thursday?

fortunato

Banned
Damn, definitely on the low side for FEW. Wish blogger provided separate shipment for Switch / N3DS.

Not surprised at FIFA 18 Switch being second best-selling SKU, since PS3 is dead, and Xbox One... well. Difference between Switch and PS4 probably isn't looking good for the Switch, though.

First PS4 FIFA game sold 10k FW (a launch game, though); second PS4 FIFA sold about 17k FW.

Considering FEW is also 10% off on the JP eShop, how much of that would you think would influence retail sales?

You know, assuming retailers weren't already discounting the game.

Pretty weird to me how much cheaper Switch version of FIFA is compared to PS4. I guess EA really wants to test the waters in Japan with portable version (?).

L~A

Yeah, those launch discounts on eShop/PSN are only there because publishers know retailers "always" sell games below MSRP. They would need more than just -10% for the discount to have any sort of impact on retail sales, especially in Japan where used market is pretty big.

Actually, it came out yesterday (September 28th). No Friday release for this game, probably because it's published by KT (and it's not a worldwide release).

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/913055907591815168

L~A

I even had it listed as a Thursday release, these continued Friday releases from Nintendo confused me.

And with companies like Capcom releasing MHXX on Friday for seemingly no reason... *shrugs*

Resident Evil Revelations is a worldwide release, but it's NOT simultaneous and it falls on Thursday in Japan. Europe is even moved to Tuesday release, but that's only because there's no retail release in that region.

FEW always seems like the most underwhelming first party/exclusive for the Switch’s first year line up.

Despite people asking for it, I’m not sure FE characters are strong enough to hold up a non FE game when big musou games have huge characters like Luffy, Link, or the dragon quest crew.

Should do decently enough but I’m not sure if it’ll do noticeably better than Hyrule Warriors vanilla

FEW always seems like the most underwhelming first party/exclusive for the Switch’s first year line up.

Despite people asking for it, I’m not sure FE characters are strong enough to hold up a non FE game when big musou games have huge characters like Luffy, Link, or the dragon quest crew.

Should do decently enough but I’m not sure if it’ll do noticeably better than Hyrule Warriors vanilla
I think it will do better ww though

StormKing

The game has an underwhelming roster.

It doesn't help that they ignored a couple of the protagonists with wider visibility within Nintendo fandom to keep focused on specific games.

Fiendcode

I think it will do better ww though
I'm not sure it will, depends on how much being on Switch pushes it. HW did over a million globally on Wii U and had a great roster and fanservice for Zelda fans. The word of mouth and reviews were good for it too compared to most Musou.

I have played eight hours within three days. Love it. Though I definitely understand how some people don't like it.

I'm not sure it will, depends on how much being on Switch pushes it. HW did over a million globally on Wii U and had a great roster and fanservice for Zelda fans. The word of mouth and reviews were good for it too compared to most Musou.
I mean ww wise the console is still in the status of heavily lacking of competition on a healthy console,plus it's being treated as a first party title and Nintendo will market it well.It has a chance to do decently

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
We were all talking about MvC: I but perhaps the biggest bomba of the year in Japan will be knack with that sequel drop off....
First Knack was a game nobody would buy in Japan if it wasn't bundled for free with the first shipment of PS4. I doubt anyone is surprised from the sales of its sequel and even with the low sell-through the numbers of copies retailers ordered must be very low. Crash showed them the future if they somehow expected something different.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
First Knack was a game nobody would buy in Japan if it wasn't bundled for free with the first shipment of PS4. I doubt anyone is surprised from the sales of its sequel and even with the low sell-through the numbers of copies retailers ordered must be very low. Crash showed them the future if they somehow expected something different.

I know that was the joke.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I know this is US news, but since we were talking about Fire Emblem Warriors internationally as well, apparently the US really loves Azura:

fireemblemazura2tzvw.png

L~A

I know this is US news, but since we were talking about Fire Emblem Warriors internationally as well, apparently the US really loves Azura:

Not an Olivia believer, heh, Nirolak? :p

Yes, I know Azura is more popular

Serious talk, curious about what they'll do from next year, conten-wise. I remember an old interview (around launch, I believe) where they explained they had content mapped out for the rest of the year, but what about 2018? There's the 1st anniversary and all.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They still haven't got Fantasy Life mobile out, have they?

I'm unaware of Level-5 having shipped any modern smartphones games besides Wonderflick (RIP), Yo-Kai Watch Wibble Wobble, and the Yo-Kai Watch arcade games as a mobile compilation for the West.

Mind, they do have like ten others announced.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm unaware of Level-5 having shipped any modern smartphones games besides Wonderflick (RIP), Yo-Kai Watch Wibble Wobble, and the Yo-Kai Watch arcade games as a mobile compilation for the West.

Mind, they do have like ten others announced.

As much as I'd love FL2 on a real console the game could have been wildly successful as a mobile experience...two or three years ago.

Top Bottom