• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2017 (Sep 18 - Sep 24)

Laplasakos

Don't act surprised when someone accuses you of fanboyism or attacking the Switch with senseless posts. Holy shit is that a new low level post, my god hahaha

(Cue "it was a joke" to save face ;D)

People have been using the ''digital will save X game'' for quite some time now as a joke for a likely bomba/underperformed game so i thought i should say something similar since people are trying to find different excuses for the almost sure underperform for FE.

Of course it was a joke. Some of you should relax a little because every time that someone says something negative about Switch, you are turning this into a grudge match or you accuse him of fanboyism.

Orgen

People have been using the ''digital will save X game'' for quite some time now as a joke for a likely bomba/underperformed game so i thought i should say something similar since people are trying to find different excuses for the almost sure underperform for FE.

Of course it was a joke. Some of you should relax a little because every time that someone says something negative about Switch, you are turning this into a grudge match or you accuse him of fanboyism.

Of course it was a "joke", yep hahaha. I'm pretty chill here playing with my Snes classic and laughing at your "jokes" but thanks for caring about my well-being :3 Keep it going! ;D

KtSlime

You didn't say anything negative about the Switch though, had you said "I don't think FEW will sell well" that would be one thing, however what you said was that people here are going to make up excuses to defend the low sales of FEW. To me, that looks like you are saying negative things about people in this thread. If it was a joke, it must have been lost in translation.

looking forward to see the holiday sales

Me too.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

We don't even know what FE sold yet cool your jets. Regardless your being a bit over eager here at least wait for the results to come in and people reactions before making your analysis on how they should or should not react.

Laplasakos

Of course it was a "joke", yep hahaha. I'm pretty chill here playing with my Snes classic and laughing at your "jokes" but thanks for caring about my well-being :3 Keep it going! ;D

No, i won't, seeing as some of you can't take it.

Have fun playing your Snes classic. I am gonna chill playing Cuphead ;)

I was absent the last couple of days, because of a busy schedule. Looking back on the Day 1 percentages, I see that FEW's day 1 reception is as lukewarm as expected. FIFA percentages are only 20%? That seems low. It'll be interesting to see how the different versions perform.

As for the whole rhythm game thing, good to see Deemo at #3 in the eShop. I have it on Vita, but since this version has a lot of exclusive content, I'll double dip. Looks like Japan is having fun too. The Vita has a lot of rhythm games, and if Switch is indeed its spiritual successor, there's a lot of musical greatness to come.
Taiko, Idolmaster, Hatsune Miku, you're all invited to the party! :D

H13

I was absent the last couple of days, because of a busy schedule. Looking back on the Day 1 percentages, I see that FEW's day 1 reception is as lukewarm as expected. FIFA percentages are only 20%? That seems low. It'll be interesting to see how the different versions perform.

As for the whole rhythm game thing, good to see Deemo at #3 in the eShop. I have it on Vita, but since this version has a lot of exclusive content, I'll double dip. Looks like Japan is having fun too. The Vita has a lot of rhythm games, and if Switch is indeed its spiritual successor, there's a lot of musical greatness to come.
Taiko, Idolmaster, Hatsune Miku, you're all invited to the party! :D

Also,
I'm glad the MH discussion is over.

Oh oh, why did u bring it up..

Zedark

Bic Camera Switch lotteries, saturday, september 30:

Merchant_Image-119.jpg

Switch blue/red (9 stores, = )

switch_color_b.jpg

Tokyo
Yurakucho Store: 300 ( ~ 830 people)

AKIBA Store (Akihabara): 300 ( ~ 700)

Tachikawa Store: 200 ( ~ 470)

JR Hachioji Station Store: 100 ( ~ 350)

Kanagawa

Lazona Kawasaki Store: 300 ( ~ 900)

Shin-Yokohama Store: 100 ( ~ 430)

Fujisawa Store: 100 ( ~ 510)

Kyushu

Tenjin 2nd Store: 100 ( ~ 270)

Kagoshima-Chuo Station Store: 100 ( ~ 250)

Switch gray (11 stores, +4)

switch_gray_b.jpg

Tokyo
Ikebukuro Main Store: 300 ( ~ 540 )

Shinjuku West Store: 150 ( ~ 440)

BICQLO Shinjuku East Store: 150 ( ~ 390)

Chiba
Kashiwa Store: 100 ( ~ 400)

Saitama

Omiya West SOGO Store: 100 ( ~ 300)

Aichi
Nagoya Station West Store: 150 ( ~ 330)

Nagoya JR GATE TOWER Store: 150 ( ~ 220)

Osaka

Namba Store: 200 ( ~ 400)

Okayama

Okayama Station Store: 100 ( ~ 210)

Hiroshima

Hiroshima Station Store: 100 ( ~ 270)

Hokkaido
Sapporo Store: 200 ( ~ 300)

20 stores (+3)

3.300 Switch (+ 1.600)
1.600 blue/red (+ 700)
1.700 gray (+ 1.000)
0 splatoon 2 (- 100)
~ 8.510 people ( ~ + 410)
~ 4.710 blue/red ( ~ - 370)
~ 3.800 gray ( ~ +1.180)
0 Splatoon 2 ( ~ - 400)

Last week:

Media-create: 43.426
Famitsu: 50.146
Dengeki: 42.199

1.700 Switch ( = )
100 Splatoon 2 (-600)
900 blue/red (+300)
700 gray (+300)
~ 8.100 people ( ~ -1.660)
~ 400 Splatoon 2 ( ~ -3.520)
~ 5.080 blue/red ( ~ +1.860)
~ 2.620 gray ( ~ +10)

This week: more stores (+3), more Switch ( + 1.600), more people ( ~ 410), ~ 2,58 x more people than Switch ( ~ 4,76 last week and ~ 5,74 week before).

September 24:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249796989&postcount=1104

September 17:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=741

September 10:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=813

Looks like Switch numbers are higher for this week. What strikes me too is that the turn-up for this week seems rather low, with some stores kinda close to being able to offer a Switch to everyone in line. Any specific reason for this? Or are we finally closing in on demand at the moment (well, at least to the degree that lotteries for sales day will no longer be necessary)?
Or maybe it's just some random low turn-up for one week.

Orgen

No, i won't, seeing as some of you can't take it.

Have fun playing your Snes classic. I am gonna chill playing Cuphead ;)

I can't talk about other people (although they seem pretty rational answering you) but I take your posts in good fun, seriously :) at least it's much better than MH eternal discussion for sure, so my "keep it going" was not sarcastic.

Thanks and enjoy Cuphead! I'll definitely will buy it on Steam before long.

Yeah, this is why they're trying with Open world for Dynasty Warriors 9. But are they going to do anything else like GaaS features to keep the game giving you new things to do long after launch?

Otherwise, it's hard to tell whether it's going to do good or not.
Wonder if they’ll do a Hyrule Warriors sequel with the DW9 format.
Really got burned off with just HW, don’t want to play another unless it’s actually good

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Looks like Switch numbers are higher for this week. What strikes me too is that the turn-up for this week seems rather low, with some stores kinda close to being able to offer a Switch to everyone in line. Any specific reason for this? Or are we finally closing in on demand at the moment (well, at least to the degree that lotteries for sales day will no longer be necessary)?
Or maybe it's just some random low turn-up for one week.
Lotteries is difficult to be maintained inside holidays at big stores for technical reasons. The traditional old system will like return and the faster will be the one who will purchase a Switch. If at January Nintendo runs out of stock after December rush it's possible they will return.

fortunato

Banned
It's not a matter of, on the one hand, commenting sarcastically about a topic and, on the other hand, hoping that miracles would "save" a bomb or an underperformance.

I just think people tend to forget, though, how well games on Nintendo platforms perform during holidays, especially on new platforms. I don't think Fire Emblem Warriors will have terrific legs, but saying that it might have good legs thanks to the holiday season is not far-fetched, as the userbase will expand and it's a type of game without much competition. I also believe it's not a very good idea to release this type of game on a new platform, because it is a fanservice game and Switch has yet to receive a Fire Emblem entry.

Laplasakos

It's not a matter of, on the one hand, commenting sarcastically about a topic and, on the other hand, hoping that miracles would "save" a bomb or an underperformance.

I just think people tend to forget, though, how well games on Nintendo platforms perform during holidays, especially on new platforms. I don't think Fire Emblem Warriors will have terrific legs, but saying that it might have good legs thanks to the holiday season is not far-fetched, as the userbase will expand and it's a type of game without much competition. I also believe it's not a very good idea to release this type of game on a new platform, because it is a fanservice game and Switch has yet to receive a Fire Emblem entry.

There is a New 3DS version too.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Switch shipments / sales for the first 3 quarters of the year.

Q1 {2017.03.03 - 2017.04.02} - 565.013 / 565.013 (5 weeks)
Q2 {2017.04.03 - 2017.07.02} - 474.812 / 1.039.825 (13 weeks)
Q3 {2017.07.03 - 2017.10.01} - 671.128 / 1.710.953 (13 weeks / 1 week missing)
Q4 {2017.10.02 - 2017.12.31} - x.xxx.xxx / x.xxx.xxx (13 weeks)

With Q4 double of Q3 it gives a 3,2m YTD.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 46, 2016 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

Famicom Mini - 262.961 / NEW

Famitsu Sales: Nov 2016 (Oct 31 - Nov 27)

Famicom Mini - 319.000 / NEW

Famitsu Sales: Dec 2016 (Nov 28 - Dec 25)

Famicom Mini - 248.000 / 567.000

WW sales were 1,5m until January 2017, 2,3m until April 2017. Nintendo will produce more units this time, at least 1m shipment should be doable just in Japan.

A huge opening for Super Famicom should be expected next week, maybe close to half million. According to sinobi reservations have been resumed many times from retailers and lotteries will also take place during launch at Thursday. Since it's not a limited run and will keep printed through 2018 recommendations are customers not pay more than MSRP for it.

Design and game selection seems to appeal to a wider range of people, popularity is greater than Famicom Mini.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B071GQ49F3/

Fire Emblem Warriors seems to be getting very good reception in Japan. Most of the complains are towards the limited roster.

According to some people this seems like one of the best collaboration musou title Koei has ever made. Some are even saying it's better than Hyrule Warriors.

Good to here the only really big problem is the roster, even if that seems pretty major for a game like this. Still that can be fixed. Hopefully the game does well.

Fiendcode

I feel like the limited roster was strategic with focusing on the 3DS games. It opens the door FEW2/3 focusing on other sets of titles in the series and starting with Awakening/Fates really puts their best foot forward globally.

If you compare that to HW, the roster there was almost too comprehensive. There’s not nearly as much room for sequels in cast or setting.

Yeah FEW seems like a quality game just looking at other people's impressions.

IMO it looks to be better than HW.
It’s objectively better than HW on Wii U, likely with more content better gameplay mechanics (character switching and commands) as well as better performance.

It’s mostly just less interesting since FE characters aren’t that great
especially if they skip Tharja 😤
I feel like the limited roster was strategic with focusing on the 3DS games. It opens the door FEW2/3 focusing on other sets of titles in the series and starting with Awakening/Fates really puts their best foot forward globally.

If you compare that to HW, the roster there was almost too comprehensive. There’s not nearly as much room for sequels in cast or setting.
With Legends they probably covered all the best character choices.
Not sure there’s any need for another installment

random25

I wouldn't really worry too much about FEW sales. If the impressions there are pretty positive, it will gain some legs enough to do Musou numbers.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing

Have sequels to these crossovers done well enough to justify such a strategy? Seems more likely to me they'd just save characters for DLC and then move onto another franchise. After the inevitable "Smash Warriors" would be when sequels start getting made.

Fiendcode

Have sequels to these crossovers done well enough to justify such a strategy? Seems more likely to me they'd just save characters for DLC and then move onto another franchise. After the inevitable "Smash Warriors" would be when sequels start getting made.
Sequels are usually a diminishing return but some do well (Gundam, One Piece, DQ) while others flop (FOTNS, later Gundam). It really seems to depend on reception to the previous title, I feel like AOT2 isn’t going to do that well for example.

Who knows though, maybe Nintendo and KT will just move to another property after FE. Super Mario Musou, Pokémusou, Metroid: Other Musou, etc.

fortunato

Banned
A huge opening for Super Famicom should be expected next week, maybe close to half million. According to sinobi reservations have been resumed many times from retailers and lotteries will also take place during launch at Thursday. Since it's not a limited run and will keep printed through 2018 recommendations are customers not pay more than MSRP for it.

Design and game selection seems to appeal to a wider range of people, popularity is greater than Famicom Mini.

Anecdotal evidences from Europe, it seems SNES Mini popularity is much more spread with respect to the NES Mini; perhaps, more availability helped.

Sequels are usually a diminishing return but some do well (Gundam, One Piece, DQ) while others flop (FOTNS, later Gundam). It really seems to depend on reception to the previous title, I feel like AOT2 isn’t going to do that well for example.

Who knows though, maybe Nintendo and KT will just move to another property after FE. Super Mario Musou, Pokémusou, Metroid: Other Musou, etc.
I want my Nintendog Musou

Laplasakos

Only Musou collaboration i can see doing well in the future (like more than half million) is Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts.

Mario could be bigger but i don't know how they could make it work.

Oregano

Only Musou collaboration i can see doing well in the future (like more than half million) is Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts.

Mario could be bigger but i don't know how they could make it work.

Considering FFXV barely scraped a million I'm not sure a Musou game could do half of that.

fortunato

Banned
Final Fantasy Warriors doesn't make much sense as the action/fighting genre is covered by Dissidia (not exactly the same type of game, of course, but catering to the same audience); same for Kingdom Hearts, which is already an hack'n'slash of some sort.

The only successful Warriors games will be those based on hugely popular anime IPs.

Laplasakos

Final Fantasy Warriors doesn't make much sense as the action/fighting genre is covered by Dissidia (not exactly the same type of game, of course, but catering to the same audience); same for Kingdom Hearts, which is already an hack'n'slash of some sort.

The only successful Warriors games will be those based on hugely popular anime IPs.

With FF they could go the DQH route. Have 2 original characters in a brand new world and bring the other FF characters to fight along them in order to save the land.

For KH it's more easy. The franchise has many original characters that fans would love to play, like the members of the Organization XIII, plus the keyblade wielders.

Sandfox

With FF they could go the DQH route. Have 2 original characters in a brand new world and bring the other FF characters to fight along them in order to save the land.

For KH it's more easy. The franchise has many original characters that fans would love to play, like the members of the Organization XIII, plus the keyblade wielders.

I don't think that would work unless they put a large focus on the Disney side or something.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B071GQ49F3/

Fire Emblem Warriors seems to be getting very good reception in Japan. Most of the complains are towards the limited roster.

According to some people this seems like one of the best collaboration musou title Koei has ever made. Some are even saying it's better than Hyrule Warriors.
The roster is a huge problem.

Characters like Tharja won't be playable until March. That's just disgusting. I can see a lot of people waiting, they will pay less for a new copy (or used) and all the DLC will be readily available. It's what I'm doing anyway.

I have no interest in this game if I can't play as my favorite character.

Sandfox

The roster is a huge problem.

Characters like Tharja won't be playable until March. That's just disgusting. I can see a lot of people waiting, they will pay less for a new copy (or used) and all the DLC will be readily available. It's what I'm doing anyway.

I have no interest in this game if I can't play as my favorite character.

I think you're exaggerating her popularity a bit.

Tharja didnt save Tokyo Mirage Sessions though ��

14./00. [WIU] Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥7.236) - 26.340 / NEW

253./191. [WIU] Tokyo Mirage Session FE # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥6.700) - 18.663 / 51.970 (-44%) (26.340 <48,16%>)

:(

Thoraxes

Looking forward to seeing how my boy Sen no Kiseki III does too, especially considering how sold out it was everywhere online pre-launch. Will also be their first PS4-exclusive launch now that they've dropped Vita.

Vena

Looking forward to seeing how my boy Sen no Kiseki III does too, especially considering how sold out it was everywhere online pre-launch. Will also be their first PS4-exclusive launch now that they've dropped Vita.

Here's the ballpark:

YSO predictions

01. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III < 120k (average 110k)

Which, for reference compares as, from 2014:
02./00. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2014.09.25} (¥7.344) - 86.283 / NEW <71,96%>
05./00. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2014.09.25} (¥8.424) - 65.498 / NEW <77,41%>

Top Bottom