• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

Zelda already been thrown under the bus it seems.

Also, that Vita number in a week with a release selling 90K is rather troubling.
Basically it seems like end of life sales, where the installed base can support reasonable new release sales, but no one is really buying the system any more.

Paskil

Not surprised to see WW numbers. Really excited to see numbers for Vita2000 on release. Should be a decent bump. The numbers for Vita have been awful recently, but I am curious to see what the new baseline will be after being on the market for a month or so.

Also, that Vita number in a week with a release selling 90K is rather troubling.
Basically it seems like end of life sales, where the installed base can support reasonable new release sales, but no one is really buying the system any more.

New model comes out next week. I don't by any means think it will outsell 3DS, but there are a few colors that were not available. I think some purchasers have been holding off.

mclem

Ah, Monster Hunter. A 70% decline, then a 50% decline from that, and still firmly top of the chart..

Interesting upswing for Youkai Watch.

Have Falcom, Koei or From spoken much about PS4 plans?

Vita 2.0 out soon?
When does the new Vita model release in Japan?

My googling tells me October 10th.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
When we will finally give up on the Wii U?
I mean, I understand that WW HD is just a remake, of a declining (at least on home) series in Japan, but this is simply terrible.

Asd202

So much for WW HD being the system seller XD. WiiU is fucked in japan I don't think any game can change it situation drastically.

OP is wrong. Vita did 81k (93k on Famitsu) and PS3 did 67k (71k on Famitsu). He had it wrong originally, then swapped the PSV/PS3 around and forgot to change the numbers, lol.

Those Famitsu numbers are much higher I hope it did closer to those really like the Falcom guys.

Blue-kun

I don't think it did. The Vita ver is 67k, PS3 is 81k. Either the sales are swapped or the consoles are.

OP is wrong. Vita did 81k (93k on Famitsu) and PS3 did 67k (71k on Famitsu). He had it wrong originally, then swapped the PSV/PS3 around and forgot to change the numbers, lol.

From last thread

Like I've said before, Vita is a niche system and niche systems eventually hit their niche and there is not much of an audience outside that. When you keep pumping in sequels of the same niche games people won't automatically want it. Of course a few more thousand should be tacked on with people waiting for the new model, but Vita will never stabilize over 15k for a long period of time.

Also people seriously expected the Wii games to be a big boost for Wii U are in a for a rude awakening. Nothing will change much until December.

Also 3DS could come close to the DS records with the lineup it has this fall.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Zelda is so low...
But Sen no Kiseki did amazing for sure.

Owwari

Banned
We should learn from Japan, they give HD re-releases proper treatment whatever company they come from. Specially if they have the guts to ask full price for it.

I'm glad it went on like this. /flameshieldon

People expected a remake to one of the worst selling main Zelda games to pump the sales of the Wii U?

Going by the sales posted earlier in this thread, only the first three games, Ocarina and Phantom Hourglass sold better than Wind Waker. Those put it solidly in the middle of Zelda sales, above a good chunk of the main games. It doesn't change that a remake probably isn't going to drive a system that much, but let's not use hyperbole and inaccurate statements to make a point.

Peff

It wasn't 'just' a re-release, it was an HD remake with spangly new features.

It's also pretty much the last relevant release for the year outside of Mario/Tatsujin, considering how Sonic usually sells in Japan. Certainly not good.

Taker666

I can't help but wonder what current Wii U owners are waiting for. More Mario and nothing else?

They should quickly reskin Wii Party U to Mario Party U...it might sell then

mui

Neo Member
Even pikmin 3, a nitch franchise compared to Zelda have outsold WW HD on the first week.

It doesn't mean anything, remakes (especially for games that didn't sell that much in the first place) aren't known as a system sellers.

Into

How did WWHD do compared to other HDified games, such as MGS HD etc? Anyone got a list?

It probably did ok compared to those, but if you expected it to make some kind of difference for the Wii U, yeah that is unrealistic. Its a HD port of the worst selling 3D Zelda game

Odd that some expected it to make a difference, when previous HD ports did not.

Even pikmin 3, a nitch franchise compared to Zelda have outsold WW HD on the first week.

It doesn't mean anything, remakes (especially for games that didn't sell that much in the first place) aren't known as a system sellers.

Er.....

Asd202

I can't help but wonder what current Wii U owners are waiting for. More Mario and nothing else?

They should quickly reskin Wii Party U to Mario Party U...it might sell then

On nothing there already was a mario game and even expansion for it, did jack shit and historicly 2D Mario sells better then 3D mario.

As i said in the other thread, Falcom fans already own a vita. They bought the pevious Kiseki game and Ys IV, this new kiseki won't bring in a new audience, it's already there.

It's also not surprising the game sells better on Vita than on PS3, it's a handheld franchise as far as japanese gamers are concerned.

Japan is also handheld country so it helps.

Fularu

Banned

As i said in the other thread, Falcom fans already own a vita. They bought the pevious Kiseki game and Ys IV, this new kiseki won't bring in a new audience, it's already there.

It's also not surprising the game sells better on Vita than on PS3, it's a handheld franchise as far as japanese gamers are concerned.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The same day people give up on the Vita

uhm...
ok: when we can finally give up on Vita too?
I mean, I know that a new model is coming, but the system is out since 2 years (more or less) and even after the price cut and a decent bunch of games, still sells poorly (not so better then the Wii U, actually)

can we say that:

Vita TV and God Eater 2 are the last possible turning point for the system (considering how the new model will be at the same price of the actual one, right?)?

Mario Kart/Smash and the price cut will be the last possible turning point for the Wii U?

Turning point to me for those system means: pass from 5/10k average a week to 20k average a week

Blue-kun

Ah my bad. Pretty good sales then I think?

Definitely! As a pretty big Falcom fan, I'm happy for them. It wasn't the "selling twice more as the latest entry" kind of thing they'd been doing with the series for a while now, but it beats Ao no Kiseki's (PSP) first week by around ~10k by Famitsu numbers. Pretty much the same as Ao (~150k) if you go by MC, but this time around there's also digital which ought to be a bit more relevant than on PSP, so all in all it seems that this is their best first week sales yet since moving to consoles.

Top Bottom