• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Preorders of previous Pokemon games
Code:
-------------------------------------------
|  Wk |    B/W    |    B/W 2  |    X/Y    |
|  9  |           |           |   260.000 |          
|  8  |           |           |           |
|  7  |           |           |           |
|  6  |           |           |           |
|  5  |           |           |           |
|  4  |           |           |   985.000 |
|  3  | 1.080.000 |           | 1.102.000 |
|  2  |           |           | 1.260.000 |
|  1  |           |           |     ?     |
|  0  | 1.882.000 | 1.286.000 |     ?     |

1.080.000 for B/W could be a week 4 before its release, I'm not sure for that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/10/05/70929.html

424850.jpg
03:43 JST

Mpl90

Possible comparison?

06cb6648.jpg

Does this image say Vita had 55 people lined up at 21:55, JST, for preorders? However, it seems there's bad weather around that Yodobashi, now. Am I correct?

Are they actually expecting any kind of stock issues? PS4 probably will be readily available unless Sony is strapped in other regions and underships in Japan

Possible comparison?

06cb6648.jpg

Does this image say Vita had 55 people lined up at 21:55, JST, for preorders? However, it seems there's bad weather around that Yodobashi, now. Am I correct?

The image says:

ヨドバシAkiba、 55人くらい待機してて、 先頭の人こ聞い離てみたらPSVITAの予約だそうです 21:55頃 #akiba

ヨドバシAkiba、
At Yodobashi Akiba,

55人くらい
about 55 people

待機してて、
are waiting and

先頭の人こ聞いてみたら
from the lead when we asked

PSVITAの予約だそうです
it was reported to be reservations for PS Vita.

21:55頃
9:55 PM

#akiba

Thorgal

Well . it (PS4) sold out faster everywhere then i thought it would .

altough the lack of total numbers makes it hard to tell how many where ordered.

Mpl90

Current situation for PS4 games on Amazon.co.jp

7th - Watch Dogs
9th - Yakuza Ishin
22nd - Killzone: Shadow Fall
30th - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
39th - Call of Duty: Ghosts
43rd - Drive Club
44th - Battlefield 4
52nd - Dynasty Warriors 8 with Extreme Legends
99th - FIFA 14

48th - Yakuza Ishin PS3
235th - Watch Dogs PS3

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but seeing Watch Dogs costantly being higher than Yakuza makes me worried for the Japanese launch. You'd expect Yakuza being by far the biggest seller among the PS4 launch titles, not a Western title like Watch Dogs

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Talk about jumping into conclusions - these are just Amazon charts and the launch is still months away. Plus western "blockbusters" have been seeling more and more with each year on PS3 - so the audience for these titles is getting bigger looking at CoD, The Last of Us an co. GTAV might sell as much as the biggest HD titles this gen.After all its a new generation, plenty gamers probably wanna try out new games and IPs like WatchDogs as well.

Current situation for PS4 games on Amazon.co.jp

7th - Watch Dogs
9th - Yakuza Ishin
22nd - Killzone: Shadow Fall
30th - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
39th - Call of Duty: Ghosts
43rd - Drive Club
44th - Battlefield 4
52nd - Dynasty Warriors 8 with Extreme Legends
99th - FIFA 14

48th - Yakuza Ishin PS3
235th - Watch Dogs PS3

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but seeing Watch Dogs costantly being higher than Yakuza makes me worried for the Japanese launch. You'd expect Yakuza being by far the biggest seller among the PS4 launch titles, not a Western title like Watch Dogs

Yakuza PS4 > PS3. Does this mean Japan is finally interested in next gen? Hurray lol. I think the Japanese may like Watch dogs, its kind of like GTA which is pretty big but it is surprising to see it beat Yakuza.

Mpl90

If people's interested, prices for all the PS4 titles available for preorders so far, with comparison with the PS3 counterparts when they exist

Watch Dogs - 8,820
Yakuza Ishin - 8,600
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 7,245
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags - 8,820
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 7,980
Battlefield 4 - 7,665
Driveclub - 6,195
Dynasty Warriors 8 with Extreme Legends - 8,190

Watch Dogs - 7,770
Yakuza Ishin - 8,600
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flags - 7,770
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 7,980
Battlefield 4 - 7,665
Dynasty Warriors 8 with Extreme Legends - 7,560

Dat Ubisoft / Tecmo Koei next gen tax

AniHawk

i can't tell if i hate the heatwave meme because it's stupid as fuck or because i wasn't there to help run it into the ground.

Kid Ying

Yakuza PS4 > PS3. Does this mean Japan is finally interested in next gen? Hurray lol. I think the Japanese may like Watch dogs, its kind of like GTA which is pretty big but it is surprising to see it beat Yakuza.
Its too soon to say. When some games open preorders, theyre open very high and decline with the time passing. Better wait and see how those trends will behave. I think ishin ps4 will do well though. Not as good as the ps3 version, but will do well nonetheless.

For watch dogs i think its just hype. The game will sell just a couple of copies, i think.

Loris146

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10...anese-retailers-in-most-cases-within-minutes/

This morning between 7 and 7:30 AM local time the floodgates for preorders of the PS4 opened on most Japanese major retail websites. How fast did it sell out? Very, Very Fast.
All the Japanese online stores in which the console has gone up for preorder in the window mentioned above, including Amazon Japan, Yodabashi Camera, Bic Camera, Sofmap, Edion and Rakuten Books ran out of stock extremely fast. Some within mere minutes. Amazon Japan was the one to last the longest, for about 40 minutes.
Both bundles offered, one with a voucher to download Knack, and one with the game and a PlayStation Camera,simply disappeared from the virtual shelves like they never existed.
The screencap you can see below, from Amazon Japan, is just an example of what Japanese gamers who were too late are looking at as I’m writing. They’ll have to rely on the only two retailers that are going to start preorders later, Nojima at 10 AM and Joshin at noon. Most likely their stock is going to evaporate in minutes as well.
Despite the delay of the release to February the 22nd, looks like Japan in still in love with PlayStation.
Update – 9:00 Japan Time: Amazon Japan reopened preorders, probably after receiving a further allocation of units from Sony. We’ll see how long these will last. All other retailers are still completely sold out.
Update – 9:22 Japan Time: The bundle with the camera is now sold out again on Amazon Japan.
Update – 9:26 Japan Time: The box without the camera is gone again too. The second batch lasted less than the first.
Update – 10:00 Japan Time: Nojima opened preorders, and its server imploded.

Already posted? I don't know if this site is reliable but in any case...

C.T.

Possible comparison?

No, it only says that about 55 people where lining up and when they asked the people infront the line they answered, it's to preorder PS Vita. It's not clear everyone was lining up for PS Vita or something else but likely?

@ Aquamarine

da sou desu is not "looks like or seems" but hearsay or reporting, so what they actually answered when they had been asked.

Road

NIS Souhei Niikawa talks about The Witch and the Hundred Knights (this is only released in Japan so far, right?)

so looks like they lost money on this one so far, very honest answer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/0...-broaden-disgaeas-appeal/#J6vXh8UMkUo704Oc.99

And now this:

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

10./00. [PS3] Arcadias no Ikusahime <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) - 9.252 / NEW

RIP in peace NIS.

Maybe an iOS/Android F2P, filled with microtranscations based on stamina Disgaea 5 will save them.

30 Amazon posts within an hour

Look, PS4 is going to sell like garbage too. Don't worry. You can go to bed now. =P

Preorders of previous Pokemon games
Code:
|  Wk |    B/W    |    B/W 2  |    X/Y    |
|  4  |           |           |   985.000 |
|  3  | 1.080.000 |           | 1.102.000 |

1.080.000 for B/W could be a week 4 before its release, I'm not sure for that.

It was the week ending Aug 22, so, it should be 4:

4 Aug 22
3 Aug 29
2 Sep 05
1 Sep 12
0 Sep 19

Tripon

I wouldn't be surprised if NIS is bought out by a larger company. Probably should be Sony since they're so Playstation focused, but it'll likely be a Sega-Sammy or Namco-Bandai that pulls the trigger after NIS goes into bankruptcy.

They also lost one of their biggest cards last year in Gust (Koei publish their games now).

Neptunia and Disgaea are the only successful IPs they have now atm I think.

Road

They also lost one of their biggest cards last year in Gust (Koei publish their games now).

Neptunia and Disgaea are the only successful IPs they have now atm I think.

Err... Neptunia is from Idea Factory, which just opened their international publishing arm.

Not to mention the people who left the company.

And they already had bad results last quarter for packaged games (before The Witch and Hundred Knights and Arcadias no Ikusahime were released).

Not a good year for Nippon Ichi.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
It was the week ending Aug 22, so, it should be 4

Code:
|  Wk |    B/W    |   B/W 2   |    X/Y    |
|  4  | 1.080.000 |           |   985.000 |
|  3  |           |           | 1.102.000 |

So it's this. X / Y will fall 100-200k of Black / White number it seems. Either way a 2m+ opening is a lock even with tight shipments from Nintendo.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
More (some really crazy again) targets for publishers via sinobi

[PS3] Grand Theft Auto V - 550k
[360] Grand Theft Auto V - 75k
[PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack - 150k
[PS3] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! - 160k
[PSV] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! - 120k
[PS3] Fairy Fencer F - 50k
[PS3] Fairy Fencer F [Limited Edition] - 50k
[PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload - 100k

The 360 GTAV target doesn't seem that crazy - since IV sold 65K? Although I don't know whether 360 software has collapsed a lot since then?

Mpl90

Soccer Tsuku not doing so different results between PS3 and Vita doesn't seem that unlikely...certainly, I can't see it doing 160k on PS3 and 120k on Vita, though :p
Tales of, GTAV PS3, Dangan Ronpa...all of them sound realistic to me.

sörine

Banned
On 8-4 Play they mentioned GTAV is getting a crazy huge adverstising push in Japan. Rockstar must be pretty serious with those targets.

Top Bottom