• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2017 (Sep 25 - Oct 01)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2016 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)

01./00. [PS4] FIFA 17 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} (¥7.800) - 57.012 / NEW <79,44%>
05./00. [PS3] FIFA 17 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} (¥7.800) - 12.961 / NEW <55,31%>

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2017 (Sep 25 - Oct 01)

02./00. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800) - 55.919 / NEW
08./00. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800) - 12.616 / NEW

Laplasakos

FE did better than i was expecting. Great Switch numbers too! Cold Steel from the other hand...

Destiny 2 isn't doing too bad.

WestEgg

04./02. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 29.704 / 1.190.563 (+36%)

Splatoon's gonna hit 2 million before any other Switch game crosses 1 million. All hail our squid overloards, long may they be fresh.

Loz246789

So how much did previous Sen No Kiseki titles sold?
Quickly googling suggests that Sen no Kiseki 2 sold 151,000ish copies in the first week total, 86K on vita, the rest on ps3.
Maybe the fanbase are still moving on from the previous generation?

Edit: Beaten

sinonobu

Banned
So it seems like Falcom’s choice to go PS4 only might not work so well.

The thing is I don’t see their titles selling well on Switch either since they are so heavily associated with Sony.

I wonder what will happen

Nintendo should exercise some restraint with the Fire Emblem series and stop Yo-kai Watching it with all these dumbass spin-offs/crossovers.

We need more predictions and gifs from Sammy Samusu.

14./12. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 6.350 / 146.883 (-8%)

It will soon disappear from the charts and never come back.

nKZKAaT.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
FEW with pretty average sales. I was expecting this actually, the game looks pretty boring. Maybe now Koei Tecmo will look back at HW and try to understand why that game sold as well as it did.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
14./12. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 6.350 / 146.883 (-8%)

It will soon disappear from the charts and never come back.

nKZKAaT.gif

We already know MHXX Switch will keep selling until holidays, try Fire Emblem.

Cold Steel III sales are lower than expected. Sub-100k is a bummer. Hopefully the game will have good legs like Ys VIII on PS4. As said above, the userbase is probably still transitioning.

Fire Emblem Warriors 60k sales is okay, considering the game's reception. Players still are positive tho, which might result in decent legs, in combination with the supply constraints. I don't expect the Switch version to get past the 100k mark tho.

FIFA 18 did great. PS4 similar to last year. 12k on Switch is good. It's less than the first post-launch FIFA did on PS4 (FIFA 15 - almost 17k) on half the install base. But since EA abondoned Nintendo completely the last couple of years, I think they can be happy with these sales.

NIS released Coven on PS4. 5.681 sales is okay. I mean, who wants to play dungeon crawler RPGs on a home console? It's still a better result than most other recent NIS games did on the system.

New units for DBXV2 for Switch were expected late September. Well, there they are. Sucks that the Deluxe Edition is announced for PS4 at lower price. So much for that bump... :(

ggx2ac

The thing is I don’t see their titles selling well on Switch either since they are so heavily associated with Sony.

Time to start moving over to mobile with Vita being dead.

Edit: I forgot about Tokyo Xanadu. lol

Depends on how much gains it will get from Asia and west. PS4 has way bigger active userbase outside of Japan than PS3&Vita had few years ago.

Waji

sen 3 isn't even 90k huh
Well... was playing the series on portable not PS4, so unless they bring it to the Switch it'll stay where it is.
And even then, the quality dropped since Ao anyway so I don't miss it as much as I would if it was still as good.

What about Disgaea 5 ?
And the Kiseki games are released on PC too anyway.
No really I don't see it.

The thing is I don't see their titles selling well on Switch either since they are so heavily associated with Sony.
Doesn't make sense to me.
Most third party games would not be associated with Nintendo so none can work ?
Seeing how any type of game can sell ok on the Switch I'm actually sure Falcom could have decent result on the Switch.

If it's to see it die like Wild Arms, Breath of Fire and tons of others series, I don't think we should continue to think "Sony".

PK Gaming

01./00. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 87.261 / NEW

I don't want to live in a universe where this is a thing. Hopefully the sales worldwide make up for it, but Xseed is going to need to bust their asses off marketing it for that to happen.

noshten

Splatoon 2 down to 66% attachment rate without digital. First week below 50% attachment rate.Should start rising again as soon as the used copies from the bundle are sold out.

Pokken actually has done really well in it's second week:

01./00. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 69.675 / NEW <36,65%>
05./01. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 28.331 / 98.007 (-59%)

01./00. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980) - 53.395 / NEW <41,39%
05./01. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980) - 23.543 / 76.938 (-56%)

With the Switch being such a success it going to pass the Wii U versions LTD by the end of the year.

FEW definitely underwhelming but somewhat expected result. Definitely had a notable a lack of pre-orders and hype and has dropped quite low since release on Amazon.co.jp

Some Nobody

I had no idea what Sen sales typically were so I'm kinda bummed to find out these are "low" numbers.

I'm half torn between saying Japan gotta get over this portable ish and thinking they should've put it on Switch. Either way, this will be a major test for Sen when it comes to the West. >_<

Edit: And Fire Emblem Warriors was always a "...So?" For me, it could've been cool if it came after FE Switch. Instead it was just the thing I looked at and wished was FE Switch instead.

casiopao

FEW number actually looks decent after we thought it would do around 30k lol.

On the other hand, Cold Steel 3 declined badly lol.

Sammy's Village EP2

Today I was speaking to one of my Japanese friends and I told him that I liked Monster Hunter very much. He told me about World and I said I wasn't too excited about it, he asked me why and I said "because I can't play it on the go", he then asked me if it's not coming to Switch, and I said "no, it's PS4 only". He got confused and disappointed because he wanted to play World with his friends at the University, like they did with past entries, so now he is not looking forward to World anymore.

Capcom is not safe as long as I'm around.

Vena

Seen 3....

Man we we're just discussing 100k+ too, this is an unexpected fall from YSO predictions/pre-order assumptions.

FEW did as bad as expected.

Loz246789

I don't want to live in a universe where this is a thing. Hopefully the sales worldwide make up for it, but Xseed is going to need to bust their asses off marketing it for that to happen.
I believe in the power of the Durante PC port long game strategy!
... But no really, if they can get a good PC port of the game at around the western launch of the PS4 version, they may have a chance if they take advantage of the hype. There's not a ton of word of mouth going on around ToCS PC, but what's there is very good, so if they can just get this word to spread, maybe some sales magic can happen?
I may be being a little optimistic here, but I can dream

I had no idea what Sen sales typically were so I'm kinda bummed to find out these are "low" numbers.

I'm half torn between saying Japan gotta get over this portable ish and thinking they should've put it on Switch. Either way, this will be a major test for Sen when it comes to the West. >_<

Edit: And Fire Emblem Warriors was always a "...So?" For me, it could've been cool if it came after FE Switch. Instead it was just the thing I looked at and wished was FE Switch instead.

Why should they get over their portable preference? I don't understand.

FEW number actually looks decent after we thought it would do around 30k lol.

On the other hand, Cold Steel 3 declined badly lol.

It got outsold by Hyrule Warriors, which was on the Wii U and was a Zelda spin-off.

You might be right, Koei-Tecmo should have waited until FE Switch came out, that and fix the roster.

ggx2ac

Those FEW sales look mad crap to me honestly. We'll see how the legs look.

Well, going by Famitsu numbers. Hyrule Warriors LTD for Wii U or 3DS were roughly double the first week.

Not saying FEW (Switch) will finish at 80k since there's sometime before Super Mario Odyssey comes out assuming we get majority of software sales going to it like Splatoon 2 did due to bundling since people don't really need to buy more than one game with a new console.

On the other hand, it's a Musou spin-off and going by the declines. If Dynasty Warriors 9 doesn't turn things around, KT better start looking for a new genre to make games of.

WestEgg

It got outsold by Hyrule Warriors, which was on the Wii U and was a Zelda spin-off.

Hyrule Warriors was pretty novel though. Fire Emblem makes more sense as a Warriors game since it's about battles between armies in a medieval setting, but that may be exactly why it's not as hype inducing. It also seems way more restrained than HW was.

| NSW | 73.231 | 43.426
nice increase for Switch

04./02. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 29.704 / 1.190.563 (+36%)
05./01. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980) - 23.543 / 76.938 (-56%)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 15.098 / 720.741 (+32%)11./15.
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 7.615 / 598.670 (+38%)

and it's software too

03./00. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 41.491 /
NEW 06./00. [3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥6.800) - 18.357 / NEW

disappointing FEW sales. especially for a two platforms release.
i guess they had it coming

Nice boost for the Switch. Fire Emblem Warriors did pretty ok, too. According to Famitsu, Hyrule Warriors sold 78k at launch, so for a less popular series, 60k is quite good. That's more than HW Legends, btw (54k, again, Famitsu data).

zelda in japan during the wii-u era vs FE after awakening , fates and heroes
don't know if FE would be the less popular series of the two

vareon

So customers who didn't find Sen III on Vita just...not buying it anyway.

Fire Emblem didn't impress either, though it's a bit higher than I thought (50k combined). Maybe KT will announce the DLC roster sooner to keep some legs? Otherwise it's pretty uneventful for something with as much potential as a Fire Emblem Musou.

Top Bottom