• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2013 (Sep 30 - Oct 06)

I made this a while back, but seems very fitting:

ib3dyY654QJL1.gif

Well now I am wondering whether Wii U seeing another new all-time low is in anticipation of those bundles.

EDIT: Just looked at the MC numbers, 3.2K, so it better be in anticipation of those bundles...

Jamix012

Did I say 16.5k? I meant 56.5k, my bad. That's a good result! I'm please, I honestly reckon DR may have had as much of an influence as the new model, but either way things are looking up! Vita may yet have a decent holiday season!

Kid Ying

Damn. Vita had it, man. It just had it.

On the other side, the 3DS didn't go up that much, even with Pokemon. Monster Hunter sold more hardware on it's release.

And i think it's the first time in ages that Wiiu is higher on famitsu than in MC.

Tratorn

Now it'd be interesting to know what would've happened if 3DS wouldn't be in beast mode and the "must buy console" atm, (especially) because of MH4 and Pokemon.

That's pretty impressive for Vita considering the model is inferior and has no accompanying price drop or major software to mark it's launch.

Don't have much hope for legs though :(

Taker666

Well now I am wondering whether Wii U seeing another new all-time low is in anticipation of those bundles.

EDIT: Just looked at the MC numbers, 3.2K, so it better be in anticipation of those bundles...

I don't think it is...not much anyway.

The new Vita model zoomed up the charts when it was announced. The new Wii U bundles are doing very little business in regards to pre-orders. I'd expect 15k max when they hit..unless Nintendo really goes out all guns blazing with marketing.

Increased prices won't move hardware..even if it's good value compared to the old model. I'd have cut the price by 20% and pre-loaded those $.30 virtual console games they had on offer.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Told you.
A system that far from holidays was able to see 45k bump for new "good" (but not great" games (sales-wise, note), was ready to see a bump for new model and new colors.
Very strong debut for GTA V too. Congrats to both of those.

Top Bottom