• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2013 (Sep 30 - Oct 06)

Frodo

Doesn't Capcom still own that IP, maybe they'll sell or loan it but it seems very weird. Also outside of Rising, Bayonetta was their biggest IP so outside of rising itself I'm not sure that quote will be accurate anyway.

Kinda want it to be Vanquish would suit Microsoft's demographic more last I saw it sold around 800k which was ages ago so it's wasn't exactly a large bomb.

I don't think Capcom wants to do anything with the Okami IP, and apart from Rising I don't see the internet getting up in arms because of Vanquish. If it is indeed true, it is probably working the same way Bayonetta 2: Microsoft shows interest in the IP, get license to publish it from Capcom and hires Platinum to do the job.

Unless it is an IP that has no relation to Platinum so far.

Watch it be Okami 2. Just you wait.
Okinectmi.

tumblr_mbzjjrlGqr1qgms7lo1_250.gif

Or it's Bayonetta 3. Meltdowns, glorious meltdowns.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think Capcom wants to do anything with the Okami IP, and apart from Rising I don't see the internet getting up in arms because of Vanquish. If it is indeed true, it is probably working the same way Bayonetta 2: Microsoft shows interest in the IP, get license to publish it from Capcom and hires Platinum to do the job.

Unless it is an IP that has no relation to Platinum so far.

Capcom recently did Okamiden so I'll take that as yes, they have done something with the IP. Also they also do something with ios they love to do.

This is ignoring the fact they'd be letting their IP go to be worked on by a Company they probably have some bad blood with. It all seems very unlikely, not impossible but unlikely.

Also I don't see how the internet would be more up in arms over Okami than Vanquish. Vanquish is Gafs darling child more recent and probably sold more in it's first release (this is a guess no idea about comparative numbers). I'm not saying one is more popular than the other but they're both very popular here at least

Frodo

Yeah, so far it is only speculation, because apart from CBoaT report we haven't heard anything more substantial about it, so... I just like to think that it is Okami because of the meltdowns that would occur. But yes, it is very unlikely, but would fit the description CBoaT gave.

Not to derail the thread anymore: when are we expecting Nintendo's PR to talk about the sales opening? I'm so curious. More about the amount of hardware they moved than the software, to be honest.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah, so far it is only speculation, because apart from CBoaT report we haven't heard anything more substantial about it, so... I just like to think that it is Okami because of the meltdowns that would occur. But yes, it is very unlikely, but would fit the description CBoaT gave.

Not to derail the thread anymore: when are we expecting Nintendo's PR to talk about the sales opening? I'm so curious. More about the amount of hardware they moved than the software, to be honest.

Does Nintendo normally do day one sales for Pokémon, honestly have no idea wonder what the previous day one sales for previous Pokémon were.

BriBri

Thanks to Extralite for the eShop charts explainage on the last page.

And Kuroko's Basketball (3DS) dated for 20 February for ¥5,980.

Thorgal

So who wants to predict the top 3 for this week ?

Pokemon will be nr one (duh) but who will take second place MH4 or GTA V ?

Spiegel

GTA probably, I'm expecting it to sell around 200k (lol?), but it seems 150k would be enough for it to chart above MH.

Didn't MH4 have two shipments this week and the second one still hasn't sold out yet? (looking at Yodobashi and amazon)

This would point to a bigger week than the last if demand was really that much bigger than supply, as it seemingly was in the last few weeks, and if there have been two new shipments and not one this week.

Frodo

I'm interested in seeing if Pokemon will suck the air out of everything like MH4 did or if it will make the evergreen titles have a small bump due to more hardware being sold.

Mario007

Man I'm almost scared to come back to this thread on Wednesday with the Vita numbers out. And to think things were looking up for it for a while. Nintendo really played their cards rights witht the MH4 and Pokemon double punch. The soonest I can see Vita recovering to the baseline it had during the summer will be with the GE2 and Vita TV release but even that's not guaranteed and even at that the console won't exactly be selling gangbusters. Still love the thing, so I just hope it sells well enough to keep bringing more new games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Man I'm almost scared to come back to this thread on Wednesday with the Vita numbers out. And to think things were looking up for it for a while. Nintendo really played their cards rights witht the MH4 and Pokemon double punch. The soonest I can see Vita recovering to the baseline it had during the summer will be with the GE2 and Vita TV release but even that's not guaranteed and even at that the console won't exactly be selling gangbusters. Still love the thing, so I just hope it sells well enough to keep bringing more new games.

I think Vita will get a decent amount of PS3/PS4 cross platform Japanese focused titles. If you like those games you will be in luck.

Mario007

I think Vita will get a decent amount of PS3/PS4 cross platform Japanese focused titles. If you like those games you will be in luck.
Yeah I do, I'm pretty much just relying on Japan to provide games for the Vita for me with the occassional Sony title from the west. Don't care much about the current indie games that are being released on the platform, so it's essential for me that the Vita does decentlyin Japan :p At least the software sales are good.

I don't really see Vita TV being a thing the Japanese market wants. I don't really see it recovering to the Summer baseline at all. That would imply sustained weeks of sales at like 4x or more that of current sales.

It might see spikes around the more significant game releases, GE, FF, PS. But those are blips not baselines.

I'd say it's becoming more and more apparent that the Vita, at least at this pricepoint, has saturated its potential market.
Well, I assume you'd also need to understand Japanese and not mind importing to be in luck.

Mario007

I don't really see Vita TV being a thing the Japanese market wants. I don't really see it recovering to the Summer baseline at all. That would imply sustained weeks of sales at like 4x or more that of current sales.

It might see spikes around the more significant game releases, GE, FF, PS. But those are blips not baselines.

I'd say it's becoming more and more apparent that the Vita, at least at this pricepoint, has saturated its potential market.
Well, I assume you'd also need to understand Japanese and not mind importing to be in luck.
That's the thing though. I'm looking at Vita TV as Vita which is half the price, you're looking at it as a brand new console. I guess both approaches can be easily argued out and well supported. It'll depend whether the market reacts to it as a new console or as a Vita that is half the price as the portable ones. I guess a bit of both is to be expected.

Oh and I'm holding out hope that famousmortimer's rumor of Sony building up localisation teams for the Vita is true :p

That's the thing though. I'm looking at Vita TV as Vita which is half the price, you're looking at it as a brand new console. I guess both approaches can be easily argued out and well supported. It'll depend whether the market reacts to it as a new console or as a Vita that is half the price as the portable ones. I guess a bit of both is to be expected.

Oh and I'm holding out hope that famousmortimer's rumor of Sony building up localisation teams for the Vita is true :p
But it's not really a Vita at half the price point. :/
It doesn't have a screen. It isn't a self-contained handheld gaming system.

I don't really see how a [Japanese] consumer approaches it from the standpoint that it's a really cheap Vita.

Regardless of the innards they're ultimately very different product propositions.

Also, I don't really think it will be sold as a brand new console. I don't really think it's a product ultimately with Japan in mind anyway. I think it will eventually be sold as a PS4 accessory/extender that also happens to play [some] PSV games.

Mario007

But it's not really a Vita at half the price point. :/
It doesn't have a screen. It isn't a self-contained handheld gaming system.

I don't really see how a [Japanese] consumer approaches it from the standpoint that it's a really cheap Vita.

Regardless of the innards they're ultimately very different product propositions.

Also, I don't really think it will be sold as a brand new console. I don't really think it's a product ultimately with Japan in mind anyway. I think it will eventually be sold as a PS4 accessory/extender that also happens to play [some] PSV games.
Well I'm expecting those 'I'd like to play Vita games but won't be throwing 20k Yen at it" people to jump aboard. There's really not many games on the Vita that scream to beneft from portability. Having said that I might be underestimating the Japanese market and maybe they truly will not care about it as a Vita console for half the price.

L Thammy

With regards to Microsoft's Platinum IP. I'll be a little surprised if it's a direct sequel to their previous work. Besides the fact that Microsoft would have to talk through SEGA to get a hold of those IPs, I can't imagine that they could start on a spiritual sequel to Bayonetta during the development of Bayonetta 2. It does not seem healthy for the creative process.

I think it's possible that Microsoft wants them to create an RPG, something like Infinite Space.

Regarding Vita TV. I don't think it will suddenly change Vita's fortunes in Japan because most of the developers who are going to be interested in the Vita already are. I can't imagine that God Eater 2's audience was lusting for a console version, either.

Final Fantasy X HD is actually the best fit for the system that I can see - a game with a broad appeal on a inexpensive platform. But I don't see anything else with a broad appeal following soon after, the remakes are also coming to PS3, and there's a month between the Vita TV's release and the remakes'.

Still, I think that people might be surprised by the demand for the game on the Vita TV - though nobody's going to fall out of their chairs.

sörine

Banned
even bad vita releases make the top 50 so no
Rayman Origins didn't.

I dont remember what Rayman Origins sold in Japan, but it was pretty low numbers from what i can remember.
By Media Create it sold 5,706 (1,714 first week) on PS3 and 4,853 (1,364 first week) on Vita. The 3DS version which released 3 months later didn't even make the top 1000 for 2012 so it sold under 3,529 total while the Xbox 360 and Wii versions never released in Japan.

Yanikun

Banned
Well I'm expecting those 'I'd like to play Vita games but won't be throwing 20k Yen at it" people to jump aboard. There's really not many games on the Vita that scream to beneft from portability.

Luckily for Japanese people, they have Japanese tastes, because for everyone else, it goes something like this: "Oh I can't wait to buy a Vita TV and play on the big screen all the great games like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary or Tearaway!"

None of which, of course, are actually playable on the Vita TV. But it's a great Vita machine if you're interested in Soul Sacrifice, God Eater, and training for a job interview.

Kid Ying

I dont know if nintendo is doing this with the 3ds, but now, the wiiu eshop is having an weekly top 25. The last week(30/09 to 06/10) have zelda first, art academy on second and togabito no senritsu (eshop game) on third.

Its a very strict chart, having only wiiu games and no virtual console releases. Its much better to see data than their other rankings which renew all the time and are quite confusing, but since the rankings gather only wiiu releases, the low end of it are probably on decimals. If lucky. Even stuff like nfs, yakuza and splinter cell shows there. But its nteresting att least

Afrit

Yeah, for 6 consecutive weeks the vita has been selling below 10k despite seeing some new releases with -somewhat- good sales. However, I wouldn't say it reached the saturation level for sure yet.

I think it's possible that Vita potential market was attracted to something else.
The vita potential market is supposed to be the niche otaku games fans and the co-op hunting games fans. But with the release of MH4 - which is the real deal- it's difficult to look at the Vita as the co-op hunting machine.

The question now, is this effect going to be permanent?

I thought I remembered someone posting here in these threads that the PS2 version ended up outselling the GC one even in the US but I can't find that post. Apparently it's wrong anyway but world wide sales favored the PS2 version.

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply until now. Apparently what I said about SC2 in the US was wrong. Yet looking at WW sales Namco's decision still makes sense.
Wasn't Soul Calibur 2 re-released in that PS2 collection package with Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag, though? That must have sold something... who knows if it was enough though.

And I notice that you argue that Namco made decisions based just on the Japanese market when Western sales would dictate different decisions. But in reality those better Western sales are better American sales as Europe was more in line with Japan. So Namco is actually not doing what you think they are, making decisions based on just one market.
The world wide sales numbers are what should matter most, and thanks to those good US sales, Symphonia and Soul Calibur II sold quite well on the Gamecube. That's the point. Sure, those sales were more in one region than the others, but the worldwide total is what matters most...

As for ports, in today's two HD console climate we are puzzled by the lack of more multi versions in the gens before but at the time it was the exception not the rule. In most cases publishers like Capcom or Namco who decided to give the GC a chance ported their stuff to PS2 to not lose sales. So they ported to the more successful console to maximize sales, not to less successful ones even though it would have meant some extra sales

Well, as I said there's lots of variability here -- Western third-party games which are exclusives to a single platform, and Japanese games on many systems -- but as a general trend, I think it is pretty clear that Japanese publishers are less likely to do ports of games on multiple systems, and it goes back to well before the big Western shift over to consoles in the '00s. That probably did make the difference more obvious, though, for sure...

For Japan in specific though, the issue often seems to be focusing just on what sells in their home market, and not what'll sell anywhere else. That is a mistake, when their market is not as big as Western ones, and is a shrinking part of the global total.

Videoneon

Wasn't Soul Calibur 2 re-released in that PS2 collection package with Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag, though? That must have sold something... who knows if it was enough though.

The world wide sales numbers are what should matter most, and thanks to those good US sales, Symphonia and Soul Calibur II sold quite well on the Gamecube. That's the point. Sure, those sales were more in one region than the others, but the worldwide total is what matters most...

The topic of SC2 sales was covered a lot when SC2 Online was announced. The most conclusive post I can recall was this one:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71754686&postcount=828

I have no idea if Namco Fighter Collection or whatever (the game you're talking about that is a compilation of SC and Tekken) counted towards the totals, but I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

Road

Your favoured failing platform is selling worse.
No, your favoured failing platform is selling worse.

Maybe PS4 can join in next year.

Vita and Wii U will finally breathe a sigh of relief because the PS4 will make them look good in comparison.

Code:
[B][U]Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 41, 2013 (Oct 07 - Oct 13)[/U][/B]

[b]01. [3DS] Pokémon Y – 1274pt
02. [3DS] Pokémon X – 1270pt
03. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V – 747pt[/b]
04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 316pt
[b]05. [PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack – 240pt
06. [PS3] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 151pt
07. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload – 111pt
08. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F (Limited Edition) – 94pt
09. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F – 67pt
10. [PSV] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 51pt
11. [360] Grand Theft Auto V – 24pt[/b]
12. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 19pt
13. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 15pt
[b]14. [PS3] F1 2013 – 12pt[/b]
15. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 12pt
16. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 12pt
17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11pt
18. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 10pt
19. [PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – 10pt
20. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day – 10pt
[B]* New releases are in bold
* 1 pt = 1 sale
PS3 - 9
3DS - 7
PSV - 3
360 - 1[/B]

No Tsutaya yet, but I'll post it when it releases.

Sorry for the hour-long delay.

Biker19

Banned
Your favoured failing platform is selling worse.

Maybe PS4 can join in next year.

Highly doubt it. From what I've been seeing & hearing, there's more hype & anticipation for PS4 more so than for either Xbox One or Wii U. And not just from America, but around the world.

Code:
[B][U]Tsutaya Software Sales Rankings: Week 41, 2013 (Oct 07 - Oct 13)	Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 41, 2013 (Oct 07 - Oct 13)[/U][/B]

[b]01./NEW [3DS] Pokémon X[/b]							[b]01. [3DS] Pokémon Y – 1274pt
[b]02./NEW [3DS] Pokémon Y[/b]							02. [3DS] Pokémon X – 1270pt
[b]03./NEW [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V[/b]					03. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V – 747pt[/b]
[b]04./NEW [PS3] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou![/b]			04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 316pt
[b]05./NEW [PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack[/b]			[b]05. [PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack – 240pt[/b]
06./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4						[b]06. [PS3] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 151pt[/b]
[b]07./NEW [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload[/b]					[b]07. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload – 111pt[/b]
[b]08./NEW [PSV] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou![/b]			[b]08. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F (Limited Edition) – 94pt[/b]
[b]09./NEW [PS3] Fairy Fencer F[/b]						[b]09. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F – 67pt[/b]
10./02. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate				[b]10. [PSV] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 51pt[/b]
[b]11./NEW [360] Grand Theft Auto V[/b]					[b]11. [360] Grand Theft Auto V – 24pt[/b]
12./03. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day					12. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 19pt
13./05. [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki			13. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 15pt
[b]14./NEW [PS3] F1 2013[/b]							[b]14. [PS3] F1 2013 – 12pt[/b]
15./06. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate				15. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 12pt
16./04. [PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki			16. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 12pt
17./07. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn			17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11pt
18./10. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life			18. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 10pt
19./09. [3DS] Youkai Watch						19. [PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – 10pt
[b]20./NEW [PS3] Fairy Fencer F (Limited Edition)[/b]				20. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day – 10pt
[B]* New releases are in bold						* 1 pt = 1 sale
PS3 - 10								PS3 - 9
3DS - 5									3DS - 7
PSV - 4									PSV - 3
360 - 1									360 - 1[/B]

[b][U]New releases not present in either Top 20:[/U]

[PSV] Tsukei Gakuen: Kou
[PSV] Tsukei Gakuen: Kou (Limited Edition)
[PSV] Slotter Mania V: Gakuen Mokushiroku - Highschool of the Dead
[PSV] Soul Sacrifice (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Mahjong Fight Club: Shinsei Zenkoku Taisen Han (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (PlayStation Vita the Best)
[PSV] Dream C Club Zero Portable (PlayStation Vita the Best)

[PSP] The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (PSP the Best)

[PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PlayStation 3 the Best)
[PS3] Batman: Arkham - Twin Pack (Warner the Best)
[PS3] Sengoku Hime: Senkou no Taika - Akatsuki no Haryuu (SystemSoft Selection)

[360] F1 2013
[360] Batman: Arkham - Twin Pack (Warner the Best)[/b]

For the people who aren't regulars in Media Create threads:

What is Tsutaya?
Tsutaya is a major retailer with 1,444 retail stores (613 that sell new games) all across Japan.

What is Comgnet?
Comgnet is the website for the retailer "COMG!" that has 16 retail stores across one prefecture in Japan.

Why post these rankings?
They are released three days before Media Create + Famitsu + Dengeki give us nationwide sales, so we get a general indication of how well the games will perform relative to their competition.

How accurate is Tsutaya compared to nationwide retail tracking services?
It's large enough that it gives a very probable indication of future sales rankings, but it's not large enough to be definitive.

Famitsu: ~3,600 stores
Media Create + Dengeki: >3,000 stores
Tsutaya: 613 stores
Comgnet: 16 stores

2013 Tsutaya + Comgnet Weekly Sales Archive

pixelbox

I think there's a market for the VITA TV. I feel the main reason for the disinterest in home consoles in Japan was the cost. It's just too expensive, but with the Vita TV and cross-titles this gives a cheap alterative to gaming at home. Not only is the OS much more capable than either PS3 OR XBOX but it's speedy and easy to use, and that's is where I see it's market and plan. Vita TV could slowly but surely breathe new life in the Vita's eco-system.

And as for the Vita itself, people can post pictures of empty lines but at the end of the day there was no software to accompany the model. Any expectation of lines was absurd especially with MH and PM buzz but the new model served it's purpose. The adjustments to the model make it much more approachable to a wider audience. Remote-play is also of value with Japan's high internet speeds and many hotspots.

It'll be fascinating to see anything that resembles a turnaround to moderate success and it's nice to see Sony trying to right things as well. If something does happen, it'll be slow process that could take a full generation or longer. But if it works, they'll finally have a sizeable loyal fan-base.

One thing is bothering me though; most people in those Pokemon lines already have a 3DS’s and were adults. Are you sure it’ll move that many 3DS? It looks most of the user base for the 3ds got it because of POKEMON and whatever else Nintendo related but next media create will prove or disprove that theory.

Yanikun

Banned
And as for the Vita itself, people can post pictures of empty lines but at the end of the day there was no software to accompany the model.

There were still 14 games released alongside the Vita 2000. I get your point, but let's not make it sound like they weren't pushing this new model.

Code:
[B][U]Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 41, 2013 (Oct 07 - Oct 13)[/U][/B]

[b]01. [3DS] Pokémon Y – 1274pt
02. [3DS] Pokémon X – 1270pt
03. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V – 747pt[/b]
04. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 316pt
[b]05. [PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack – 240pt
06. [PS3] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 151pt
07. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload – 111pt
08. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F (Limited Edition) – 94pt
09. [PS3] Fairy Fencer F – 67pt
10. [PSV] Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! – 51pt
11. [360] Grand Theft Auto V – 24pt[/b]
12. [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 19pt
13. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 15pt
[b]14. [PS3] F1 2013 – 12pt[/b]
15. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 12pt
16. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 12pt
17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11pt
18. [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate – 10pt
19. [PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki – 10pt
20. [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day – 10pt
[B]* New releases are in bold
* 1 pt = 1 sale
PS3 - 9
3DS - 7
PSV - 3
360 - 1[/B]

No Tsutaya yet, but I'll post it when it releases.

Sorry for the hour-long delay.
That is bad for WiiU. Even Vita has 3 on there.

And as for the Vita itself, people can post pictures of empty lines but at the end of the day there was no software to accompany the model. Any expectation of lines was absurd especially with MH and PM buzz but the new model served it's purpose.
There were new releases.
DS Lite

h-103_49377_a400.jpgairk3.jpg

PSP-2000

03_px160zgr9f.jpg

PS3 Slim

new_ps302wvo5v.jpg

mariahdontknowhervita3je82.gif
Entirely empty lines are not a good omen.

And the Japanese consumer will essentially line up for anything.

This is the opening of a pancake store from a different thread. So it's not selling like hotcakes.
12874288-mmmain.jpg

extralite

Since there is little visible movement of Pokemon X/Y in the recent and all time charts, I tried looking at the RPG charts deathcobra posted a few weeks back.

This one is also life to date and can tell us how close Pokemon X/Y are to the all time top 20. (Remember, on the third day after release MH4 made #3 in the all time charts, Pokemon X/Y have yet to enter this top 20 on the same day after release.)

1. Denpa Ningen no RPG
2. Denpa Ningen no RPG2
3. DQX O-dekake Moshasu de Battle
4. Denpa Ningen no RPG3
5. Oomori! Ikimono-zukuri Creatoy
6. Kaeru no tame ni kane wa naru
7. Pokemon X
8. Zelda (VC)
9. Rental buki-ya de omasse
10. Pokemon Y
11. Downtown Special Kunio-kun no Jidai-geki da zo Zen'in Shuugou!
12. DQVII
13. Fire Emblem Kakusei
14. Fire Emblem Ankoku-ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi (VC)

So each individual version already outsold DQVII. A Guild01 game sold better than Pokemon Y, as did NES Zelda.

Denpa Ningen no RPG3 is at #18 in the all time charts if you filter for 3DS exclusives (no VC and DSiWare). So X/Y are still ways off from the all time top 20 but thanks to the RPG charts we will have some idea of the speed they will near the top 20 in the following days.

And on Wednesday we'll get the weekly charts and will know if X/Y outsold MH4 for the week at least.

BriBri

This one is also life to date and can tell us how close Pokemon X/Y are to the all time top 20. (Remember, on the third day after release MH4 made #3 in the all time charts, Pokemon X/Y have yet to enter this top 20 on the same day after release.)
I assumed the RPG chart was a one time thing! It's actually great for the reasons you mentioned!

extralite

I assumed the RPG chart was a one time thing! It's actually great for the reasons you mentioned!

eShop had other genre charts in the past, I'm not sure if all of them are still viewable now but as long as we can access the RPG charts they work the same as the all time charts, life to date downloads. They are lacking a filter for release platforms though, by 3DS, VC and DSiWare.

Top Bottom