• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2014 (Sep 29 - Oct 05)

If Nintendo doesn't announce good numbers at the end of the holliday season I don't understand anymore.
They are going to have a great christmas. And not only in Japan.

PS4 will sell like Hot cakes with new Console Sales records <(^^)>

What are people expecting from that medicore Lineup?

Persona 5, FF Type-0, DQ Heroes, Bloodborne, Yakuza 0, One Piece Musou 3 and maybe even MGSV is medicore lineup during first half of next year? That is better than currently known 3DS lineup for early next year. I am not saying even with these PS4 would suddenly start to sell amazing by any means but PS4 should see decent boost next year. Question is how big.

PS4 will sell like Hot cakes with new Console Sales records <(^^)>

What are people expecting from that medicore Lineup?

Seriously?

Metal Gear
Dragon Quest
Ys
Bladestorm
Persona
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
Bloodborne
Yakuza
Resident Evil
God Eater
Disgaea

Etc Etc

All hitting in 2015. Thats a damn good Year 2 on the PS4. Should build up a ton of momentum leading into 2016. Then Sony can announce its 25 million sales and we can get Monster Hunter and DQXI and KH3 in 2016. Along with The.Last.Guardian

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seriously?

Metal Gear
Dragon Quest
Ys
Bladestorm
Persona
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
Bloodborne
Yakuza
Resident Evil
God Eater
Disgaea

Etc Etc

All hitting in 2015. Thats a damn good Year 2 on the PS4. Should build up a ton of momentum leading into 2016. Then Sony can announce its 25 million sales and we can get Monster Hunter and DQXI and KH3 in 2016. Along with The.Last.Guardian

See? This is why I don't know if I can take this post seriously or not.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
From February next year PS4 will be good... everything will be ok (´&#12539;&#969;&#12539;&#65344;)

what does that face mean? It better indicate some sort of troll/joke-face :p

Atram

Seriously?

Metal Gear (PS3)
Dragon Quest (PS3)
Ys (PS3)
Bladestorm (PS3)
Persona (PS3)
Final Fantasy (2015 lol)
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD (Vita Port)
Bloodborne (legit)
Yakuza (PS3)
Resident Evil (PS3)
God Eater (PSVita, PS3)
Disgaea (lol but legit)

Etc Etc

fixed

This will help the PS4 for sure, glorious Year....maybe Etc will run realy well on PS4 in Japan :p

Eolz

Bloodborne will do great though even though it had only short teaser.

Maybe. I still have doubts for Japan to be honest, and I don't really believe there'll be a lot of marketing behind.
And yes I know the previous games did well in Japan, but I still feel it won't be as big, at least at first

L~A

That's the situation in Tokyo:

For MH4G sold out everywhere except Tsutaya.

Wow. I don't think Nintendo's having any issues with production, but it certainly would if they had decided to lauch the N3DS in EU/NA for Christmas.

I wonder how long those shortages are gonna last... Hopefully they can get things fully sorted before Pokémon (shouldn't be too hard, there's like a full month inbetween). Holidays are starting to look really great for Nintendo.

... Now, if only they could finally announce some new bundles for the Wii U :p

Youkai Watch 2.5 is #1 on Amazon and Yodobashi.

lmjgq2Y.jpg

And let's not forget, the Smash New 3DS bundle is coming out on November 8.

Hopefully we see YW2.5 in Comgnet's chart next week :p

zsidane

BKK said:
Right, but most of those sales probably weren't on NG. Famitsu;

[SS] The King of Fighters '95 <FTG> (SNK) {1996.03.28} (¥7.800) - 135,214 / 257.294
[NG] The King of Fighters '95 <FTG> (SNK) {1995.09.01 [CT] / 1995.09.29 [CD]} (¥29.800 [CT] / ¥8.800 [CD]) - 142.825 / 175.025*
[PS] The King of Fighters '95 <FTG> (SNK) {1996.06.28} (¥5.800) - 63,892 / 145.389
[GB] The King of Fighters '95 <FTG> (SNK) {1996.04.26} (¥4.500) - 23,967 / 23.967

*Popped in and out of charts before Famitsu gave LTDs, during the 9 weeks it failed to chart in 1995 the #30 placed titles sold a combined total of 46,131 (ie KoF 95 sold <46,131 in those 9 weeks outside of the chart). Also, they give the date for CD version which launched 4 weeks after cartridge version. Unfortunately the charts for cartridge version release are unavailable, so it's unclear if those are combined or not.

Those are just Japanese sales, overseas sales would likely weigh even more against NG.

I think your theory is closer to reality :)
Thanks for the detailed numbers!

Ah! I know the guy who did this documentary, it's a friend. He's the co-founder of nolife, a french tv and goes to tgs every year. He's done a lot of these kind of documentaries as well as other stuff related to japanese gaming, music and anime world. We did an interview with Morimoto Koji - a japanese animator - a few years back. He's contributed a lot to the gaming culture (I don't have a better wording, sorry).

http://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Pilot

I love this guy and have a lot of respect for him!
I tried looking months ago about what he's doing now and it seems he's on a new project of a TV (Nolife, with Marcus) but unfortunately for me they don't air via satellite but only cable in France. And since I'm not french nor do live there... :(

Please tell him that he has a big fan in Algeria who has a great respect for what he has done for Japanese culture and gaming in France (and obviously elsewhere!)

Maybe. I still have doubts for Japan to be honest, and I don't really believe there'll be a lot of marketing behind.
And yes I know the previous games did well in Japan, but I still feel it won't be as big, at least at first

Well if SCEJ has any common sense there will be a lot of marketing. It's their first current gen AAA japanese game and it's not like Dark Souls was a niche series. It's SCEJ though.

Celine

[NG] The King of Fighters '95 <FTG> (SNK) {1995.09.01 [CT] / 1995.09.29 [CD]} (¥29.800 [CT] / ¥8.800 [CD]) - 142.825 / 175.025*

*Popped in and out of charts before Famitsu gave LTDs, during the 9 weeks it failed to chart in 1995 the #30 placed titles sold a combined total of 46,131 (ie KoF 95 sold <46,131 in those 9 weeks outside of the chart). Also, they give the date for CD version which launched 4 weeks after cartridge version. Unfortunately the charts for cartridge version release are unavailable, so it's unclear if those are combined or not.

Those are just Japanese sales, overseas sales would likely weigh even more against NG.
Be wary about taking Famitsu data before January 1996, the coefficient used to project sales nationwide is "random"/not proven.

DrWong

I think your theory is closer to reality :)
Thanks for the detailed numbers!

I love this guy and have a lot of respect for him!
I tried looking months ago about what he's doing now and it seems he's on a new project of a TV (Nolife, with Marcus) but unfortunately for me they don't air via satellite but only cable in France. And since I'm not french nor do live there... :(

Please tell him that he has a big fan in Algeria who has a great respect for what he has done for Japanese culture and gaming in France (and obviously elsewhere!)

I will and he'll appreciate. their office is just a few mn far away from mine.

You can check some of nolife content online here > http://online.nolife-tv.com/

Alex Pilot is still the guy behind the camera most of the time.

Atram

Isn't Bladestorm also on PS3?

Yes it is, i fixed it.

From all the Games in that List there are only two real PS4 Games. One is a established niche SRPG and the other is a Wild Card for 2015.

So you are saying its not a good year 2 lineup?

Am I missing something here or do we not want a console to do well in Japan?

Don´t get me wrong, i like the Lineup but only 2 real PS4 Games are a medicore Lineup for me if the rest are only upports. And 80% only upports is not a nice Lineup if you can choose to buy it on a cheaper System.

For sure nice and strong Games but not to push so many PS4 in Japan. My expactation is only facing the reality from that Lineup.

This.

But at least it's keeping a constant flow of downloads over time.

I wonder how many people still play it after a couple of week

it's free, it's Initial D, it's normal people give it a try
But it's not a racing game just everyone could expect, and when you realize that it's a mediocre rhythm game you pass over, maybe to Dempaman RPG 3

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
meantime in Wii U land, I think that Smash still has just 29pts of Comgnet preorders, despite the launch date announcement
so much to counter balance the 3DS version :p

Yes it is, i fixed it.

From all the Games in that List there are only two real PS4 Games. One is a established niche SRPG and the other is a Wild Card for 2015.

Don´t get me wrong, i like the Lineup but only 2 real PS4 Games are a medicore Lineup for me if the rest are only upports.

For sure nice and strong Games but not to push so many PS4 in Japan. My expactation is only facing the reality from that Lineup.

So you would rather companies lose money just to get the library up on the PS4? Not going to happen.

The point is. Atleast these games ARE hitting the PS4. All of them. It is about building up the library at this point, which in turn builds up the userbase and then when the userbase is built up you get your exclusives. Then you sail into the sunset from there.

Sony at this point is just trying to get that developer support over there. And TGS showed that they did a fine job getting that developer support. Now they just have to get people to buy the console. The easy part ;)

sörine

Banned
So you are saying its not a good year 2 lineup?

Am I missing something here or do we not want a console to do well in Japan?
It's a good lineup but it's also one that might not push hardware significantly and that's because almost all the games are already on a more popular system. There's definitely potential but it's not at all a sure thing for 2015.

Atram

So you would rather companies lose money just to get the library up on the PS4? Not going to happen.

The point is. Atleast these games ARE hitting the PS4. All of them. It is about building up the library at this point, which in turn builds up the userbase and then when the userbase is built up you get your exclusives. Then you sail into the sunset from there.

Sony at this point is just trying to get that developer support over there. And TGS showed that they did a fine job getting that developer support. Now they just have to get people to buy the console. The easy part ;)

real question what are your expactations from that Port Lineup? The PS4 needs more than Ports from the PS3/Vita/PSP to sell well in 2015.

L~A

Media Create:

New3DS LL 164,756
New3DS 70,050
3DS LL 19,727
PS4 11,697
Vita 8,561
3DS 7,340
Wii U 6,309
PS3 4,954
Xbox One 809
Vita TV 737
Xbox 360 97
PSP 67

MH4G: 1 446 000

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ouch everything not 3DS

Vita way below 10K and Wii U down to 6K...

and Holy crap at XB1 already selling by the hundreds

Ty4on

New 3DS LL sold way more than New 3DS; it might also be due to the MH4G bundle, and the fact that New 3DS is more oriented towards kids (with the faceplates and stuffs) and so while not having a spectacular launch, it will held better in the next weeks and during holidays.

Why didn't anyone tell me before I made my predictions :(

Oh well, maybe it'll look good if I flip them.

Famitsu:

Old 3DS still managed 29,527.

Wii U 5,107... playing limbo with the 5k mark again.

PS4 9,883 - reason for rise? EDIT: FIFA? EDIT 2: I thought the white PS4 release some week prior.

Vita sub-10K again.

Oh and XBO 918, almost forgot about it... like Japan has.

L~A

With over 2.7m units sold, YW2 needs roughly 26k/week to reach 3m before the end of the year. Though now the question is whether it'll reach it before YW2.5 (I think so).

zeromcd73

First sub 10k for Vita since October last year. I think it was the week before the pricecut?

Not looking good for the Vita in terms of software that can push the system except PSNova.

Top Bottom