• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2016 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 41 2016

01./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories <RPG> (Capcom)
02./00. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider <ADV> (Square Enix)
03./00. [WIU] Paper Mario: Color Splash <RPG> (Nintendo)
04./00. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter <RPG> (Compile Heart)

05./03. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
06./04. [PS4] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
07./02. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction <FTG> (Arc System Works)
08./16. [3DS] Chou Sentou-chuu Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./07. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
10./09. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
11./13. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
12./08. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
13./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./06. [PS3] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
15./14. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
16./11. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
17./00. [PS4] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan)
18./19. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
19./21. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
20./10. [PS3] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)

casiopao

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 41 2016

02./00. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider <ADV> (Square Enix)
03./00. [WIU] Paper Mario: Color Splash <RPG> (Nintendo)
04./00. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter <RPG> (Compile Heart)

05./03. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
06./04. [PS4] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
07./02. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction <FTG> (Arc System Works)
08./16. [3DS] Chou Sentou-chuu Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./07. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
10./09. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
11./13. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
13./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./06. [PS3] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
15./14. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
16./11. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
17./00. [PS4] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan)
18./19. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
19./21. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
20./10. [PS3] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)

Pepa Mario is going for that 20k+ sales number huh.^_^

Ōkami

logo.png
The future of Star Ocean is secure as Square Enix just announced a brand new title in the series.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis will be released for iOS and Android soon, Tri-Ace developing.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/soa/

hiska-kun

How did the previous Tomb Raider games sell btw? Isn't it pretty bad if Color Splash is selling less than it?

Paper Mario bombing is not a surprise, but the expected. A ~20k opening like DK TF seems correct, but I doubt it will have the same legs to 120k LTD.

Comgnet Reservations comparison 6 weeks out:

Code:
FF15       281 +9

FF13-2     219 +69 (compared to two weeks ago)
FF13LR     138 +15
FF13       between 698-1,278 (circa 800)
FF12       1,195 +81

These FF15 reservations are sad.
Comgent is no longer revelant. Yes, there will be a drop compared to FFXIII launch but nothing drastic as seen on comgent.

&#332;kami;220324774 said:
The future of Star Ocean is secure as Square Enix just announced a brand new title in the series.

Star Ocean: Anamnesis will be released for iOS and Android soon, Tri-Ace developing.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/soa/

Going by the art, it looks like it's a crossover thing. Nice to see Square Enix is keeping the IP in the light. Unlike a very popular theory here, I think we will see Star Ocean 6. On console, of course.

Orgen

Comgent is no longer revelant. Yes, there will be a drop compared to FFXIII launch but nothing drastic as seen on comgent.

Was also Comgnet no longer relevant when showed us how poorly was Yokai 3 doing? (and finally did at retail).

And define "nothing drastic". Here you have some numbers for reference:

Final Fantasy XIII: 1.516.532 / 1.905.979
Final Fantasy XIII-2: 605.660 / 913.933

Right now based on Comgnet Final Fantasy XV first week should do something slightly better than FF XIII-2 but not more than half of what FF XIII did (what I'd consider a drastic drop). What do you think it'll do?

duckroll

I expect FFXV's first week to miss a million but do more than half of FFXIII's opening. 800-900k seems like a safe bet. I expect S-E to have no trouble shipping over a million, but not much more than that, capping the retail sales at 1-1.1 million.

Orgen

I expect FFXV's first week to miss a million but do more than half of FFXIII's opening. 800-900k seems like a safe bet. I expect S-E to have no trouble shipping over a million, but not much more than that, capping the retail sales at 1-1.1 million.

Yep, that's what I'm expecting more or less (first week more towards 800.000 and LTD at 1-1.1 million) But IIRC I think it was you the only one (besides me) that thought that Final Fantasy XII was going to sell more than Final Fantasy X in the end... and look what happened!!! We shouldn't be trusted regarding Final Fantasy sales predictions hahaha :p

casiopao

Anamnesis is so proper and prophetic. Star Ocean as we knew it will be soon an anamnesis.

Thats damn savage lol. Chris.^_^

But the first thing i thought when i see the title is also that lol. Maybe it is a jab for SO fans who get Amnesia on SOV lol.^_^

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

1-1.1m is almost 50% drop the 2m of XIII.

That's 1m down and sharper drop than XII->XIII.

duckroll

More than Yakuza 0 but FFXV is going to hurt it.

Why would FFXV hurt it? Wouldn't it be the reverse? There will be more PS4s out there after FFXV.

What will hurt it most is there not being a PS3 version. Yakuza fans don't seem to have jumped on board enough. PS3 sales for the series has dropped but the PS4 sales have not increased enough to make up for it. When they lose all the PS3 sales completely I don't expect those sales to move to PS4 much either.

Aki-at

For Yakuza 6 I'm expecting it to do more than 0 but still not be able to break into the 500k mark. There's a lot of advantage it has over the previous game, new engine, final appearance of Kiryu, new city so it should push it to around 400k - 450k.

Why would FFXV hurt it? Wouldn't it be the reverse? There will be more PS4s out there after FFXV.
I guess. P5 got a boost with the FFXV delay, so it makes sense to me that first week sales will suffer as people will prioritize the bigger release.

What will hurt it most is there not being a PS3 version. Yakuza fans don't seem to have jumped on board enough. PS3 sales for the series has dropped but the PS4 sales have not increased enough to make up for it. When they lose all the PS3 sales completely I don't expect those sales to move to PS4 much either.

This is the first proper sequel in 4 years, how the PS3 / PS4 ratios look like for a bunch of spin-offs, remakes and prequels, is not super relevant I think.

BriBri

Paper Mario's (probable) sales, or lack there-of, really do underline the reason why there will be no more first (or third!) party games other than Breath of the Wild (unless they do a Pokken 2). I'm just hoping Konami carry on with their awesome Virtual Console support (
VC>VR
).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Paper Mario Color Splash is a very likely candidate for a 3DS (and maybe NX) port next year.

Vena

It seems DQB didn't do too bad in UK. Opening week below.

The same post tells me they all (DQH, DQB, and DQVII) just did so comically bad that this is next to irrelevant, lol. Though it also shows up how the US/UK are flipped with DQH > DQVII in one region, and then DQVII > DQH in the other. (Not too big of a surprise, the 3DS seems to have completely collapsed in the UK.)

But given these numbers, we may as well be counting grains of rice and trying to predict the stock market.

Am I missing something with this DQ sales stuff? Most of the sales are coming from Japan anyway...and we know how sales will go here, so I don't get the circlejerk over US/UK sales.

Vena

Am I missing something with this DQ sales stuff? Most of the sales are coming from Japan anyway...and we know how sales will go here, so I don't get the circlejerk over US/UK sales.

Just curiosity really, the rest is Oregano having gone crazy!

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 41, 2016 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)

02./00. [PS4] PlayStation VR Worlds <ETC> (Sony Interactive)
03./00. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider <ADV> (Square Enix)
04./00. [WiiU] Paper Mario: Color Splash <RPG> (Nintendo)
05./00. [PS4] RIGS: Mechanized Combat League <RCE> (Sony Interactive)
06./00. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter <RPG> (Compile Heart)
07./05. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
08./02. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
09./07. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
10./10. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
11./04. [PS4] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)
13./14. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Interactive)
14./12. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)
15./11. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
16./00. [PS4] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens <ADV> (Warner Entertainment)
17./00. [WiiU] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens <ADV> (Warner Entertainment)
18./16. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
19./00. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter (Limited Edition) <RPG> (Compile Heart)
20./15. [PS3] FIFA 17 <SPT> (Electronic Arts)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 41, 2016 (Oct 10 - Oct 16)

01./04. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
02./07. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./05. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
04./06. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
05./08. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./11. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
07./00. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5)
08./02. [PS4] New Danganronpa V3: Everyone&#8217;s New Semester of Killing (Limited Box) <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
09./29. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
10./13. [PS4] Yakuza 6: Poetry of Life <ACT> (Sega)

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 40, 2016 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

Was also Comgnet no longer relevant when showed us how poorly was Yokai 3 doing? (and finally did at retail).

And define "nothing drastic". Here you have some numbers for reference:

Final Fantasy XIII: 1.516.532 / 1.905.979
Final Fantasy XIII-2: 605.660 / 913.933

Right now based on Comgnet Final Fantasy XV first week should do something slightly better than FF XIII-2 but not more than half of what FF XIII did (what I'd consider a drastic drop). What do you think it'll do?
I don't think XV will do XIII-2 numbers and beside if we go by Comgent, we see the game barely gaining any pre-orders. Otherwise I don't get the point of the post, since it was more about the pre-order situation.

I expect FFXV to open between 800k to 1 million and have a LTD of more than 1.2 million. Yes, this will be a drop of course, but still pretty good result for the most controversial entry in the series so far.

BriBri

Well at least the Pokémon Sun Moon demo won't harm Monster Hunter Stories sales as it's super short (and not as fun).

Well at least the Pokémon Sun Moon demo won't harm Monster Hunter Stories sales as it's super short (and not as fun).

If the demo does not save Sun & Moon COMG pre-orders nothing will. It seems very likely now that 7th gen will not stop the franchise decline in Japan.

As for other regions I expect a huge boost, thanks to Pokemon Go.

The posts I saw in the NPD thread were more than just "keeping note of performance"!
The posts in the NPD thread aren't going to affect SE's decisions when they see the full numbers for all three DQ games.

One will sell slightly more than the other, but all of them bombed.

The end.

Boop.

Vena

If the demo does not save Sun & Moon COMG pre-orders nothing will. It seems very likely now that 7th gen will not stop the franchise decline in Japan.

What are you even talking about? The franchise will be up even in Japan, why are you using COMG as some sort of gospel?

casiopao

It is like u don't read other comment and keep pushing ur own agenda here.O_O

duckroll

That seems like really, really odd timing.

Is there any specific reasoning given?

Poor performance in the west, inability to create any real hits in the region. Basically they carried out a review and decided it wasn't worth continuing to invest in it. Moving forward they will instead work on more collaborations with external partners to find success in the region.

Oregano

Poor performance in the west, inability to create any real hits in the region. Basically they carried out a review and decided it wasn't worth continuing to invest in it. Moving forward they will instead work on more collaborations with external partners to find success in the region.

Ahh, I would guess the global division has no involvement with the Nintendo stuff then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Mobius coming to Steam ? Interesting - i wonder if SE is planning to port their other gacha mobile games as well. Def. interested to see how they will perform.

Top Bottom