• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2016 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)

Orgen

I don't think XV will do XIII-2 numbers and beside if we go by Comgent, we see the game barely gaining any pre-orders. Otherwise I don't get the point of the post, since it was more about the pre-order situation.

I expect FFXV to open between 800k to 1 million and have a LTD of more than 1.2 million. Yes, this will be a drop of course, but still pretty good result for the most controversial entry in the series so far.

I found funny your "Comgnet is no longer relevant" comment because it means that it was relevant before and I wanted to know when was that :)

And finally to check your "nothing drastic" meaning (maybe you were expecting a 1.5-1.7 million LTD). Because dropping 700.000 units for me it's a drastic drop so we'll agree to disagree here.

And the most controversial entry in the series? I suppose you weren't here when Final Fantasy XI was announced and released. Or the first release for Final Fantasy XIV...

L~A

About The Alliance Alive (FuRyu), it really is more or less the same core team as LoL:

■ Producer / Director: Masataka Matsuura
■ Scenario: Yoshitaka Murayama
■ Game Design: Kyoji Koizumi
■ Art Director: Masayo Asano
■ Composer: Masashi Hamauzu
■ Character Design: Hirao Ryo (mangaka)
■ Development: Cattle Call

http://gamestalk.net/post-68624/

Also, 3DS getting a new Attack on Titan game, it seems. Adventure game, this time around?

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20003874.html

if you select a female, Levi will be your partner
FbK79Jg.gif

Oregano

I'm guessing that getting contract with Nintendo gives even less incentive to keep their own global division (if they don't make money that is).

Yeah, at first I thought this was something akin to Nintendo shutting down NOA but it seems they had a different purpose.

L~A

Doesn't DeNa have Super Mario Run coming up? They shouldn't give up that quickly yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, DeNA's global division has got nothing to do with Nintendo mobile games. DeNA's role is strictly technical, and that's the main company in Japan's job.

Nintendo themselves are developing / localising / publishing the mobile games. If Nintendo needed DeNA Global, it most likely wouldn't have shut down in the first place.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think it makes sense for DeNA to shut down their global division honestly.

The mobile market in the West (which is a mix of titles evolved from casual games, social games, and browser games) is very different from the one in Japan (which is more mid-core and core oriented). It's also much, much more static than Japan.

There are companies like Gumi that specialize in bringing Japanese mobile titles to the West. Might as well just hand them your mobile games and let them take all the risk the same way that many Japanese publishers let companies like XSeed and NISA handle their Western console/handheld localizations.

They also had a Western development arm that made zero sense, so I imagine a lot of the shut down is related to that.

Mobius coming to Steam ? Interesting - i wonder if SE is planning to port their other gacha mobile games as well. Def. interested to see how they will perform.
I think this makes sense as graphics improve to the point they'd look fine on PC. They also strike me as a good match for parts of Asia where maybe people don't have a good enough phone, but their computer (or their game center's computer) could handle the game.

Asd202

About The Alliance Alive (FuRyu), it really is more or less the same core team as LoL:

Also, 3DS getting a new Attack on Titan game, it seems. Adventure game, this time around?

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20003874.html

Wow Suikoden creator is back.

L~A

Correct me if I'm wrong, DeNA's global division has got nothing to do with Nintendo mobile games. DeNA's role is strictly technical, and that's the main company in Japan's job.

Nintendo themselves are developing / localising / publishing the mobile games. If Nintendo needed DeNA Global, it most likely wouldn't have shut down in the first place.

This must be karma, ha ha.

Looks like DeNA is more involved in Nintendo mobile games after all.

1) About Super Mario Run: it's still on track for a December release. Surprisingly, the game is not developed by Nintendo but partner DeNA.

2) So the main engineering team sits in Tokyo, while Nintendo takes over "just" QA. Miyamoto is personally overseeing the game's progress.

PPS: Super Mario is still designed and directed by Nintendo in Kyoto. Engineered at DeNA in Tokyo.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/788418082846887936

Still, development team is located in Tokyo, so nothing to do with the western branch.

I wonder how much of Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile games is done in-house at Nintendo?

With rerelease, ~100k on 360, ~190k on PS360 for the sequel, +200k on PSP.

Then, they released a new game very expensive (nearly 10000 ¥) like, every month, on PS3, with low numbers (15/20k) but very stable. They have a small audience, but very engaged. Which is a perfect thing for a F2P.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
With rerelease, ~100k on 360, ~190k on PS360 for the sequel, +200k on PSP.

Then, they released a new game very expensive (nearly 10000 ¥) like, every month, on PS3, with low numbers (15/20k) but very stable. They have a small audience, but very engaged. Which is a perfect thing for a F2P.

While the bolded is definitely true, Cinderella Stars still had over 10 million downloads in 3 months, so something like 98% of their audience showed up on phones: http://gematsu.com/2015/12/the-idol...-stage-tops-10-million-downloads-three-months

Some one enlighten me about Sony please. How come they are so high up one the chart?
Their anime division (Aniplex) publishes Fate/Grand Order, which is a mobile game based off the Fate/Type Moon IP. This is a separate division than PlayStation itself, but still part of Sony.

Aters

Their anime division (Aniplex) publishes Fate/Grand Order, which is a mobile game based off the Fate/Type Moon IP. This is a separate division than PlayStation itself, but still part of Sony.

Ha. Didn't know Sony have an anime division. Makes sense though given how much they invested in films and games.

Grezzo is surely back also as Kyoji Koizumi and Masayo Asano both worked on their Zelda games, and Grezzo was of course on Legend of Legacy.

casiopao

Top Companies list from September is out. Japan got a new mobile king!

Mixi is doomed lol

UQN8Lf6.png

The power of Idolmaster lol. Hell, Cinderella Girls is actually getting more popular each day.

That Chu,that Kanade.^_^

Mixi is only able to make Monster Strike and then dies. They better hope Monster Strike stays as long as Puzzle Dragon.^_^

The one to focus now will only be COLOPL. They are one of the few that is able to come out with hits after hits here.^^

casiopao

Yeah Shironeko Tennis is SUPER popular for whatever reason. Seems to be consistently among the top grossing apps whenever I check

Considering how lacking is Tennis genre in mobile gaming, a proper tennis game+ a rising in popularity IP,= Profit.^_^

COLOPL Wiz Quiz game is also currently rising in popularity lol.^_^(Up by 27 rank right now.)

Hortensia Saga of course still staying in top 20(18 position) like a boss.^_^

Their collab with Nanatsu no Taizai seems to have helped a lot.^_^

BriBri

Paper Mario Color Splash the top selling eShop game this past week so we can probably add 1,000 digital sales to perhaps make it five figures.

Monster Hunter Stories is also number one still on the 3DS eShop which looks promising. I'm now more confident the game will have legs due to the word of mouth from a) the game's quality and b) it being very consistent with the Monster Hunter narrative.

Fisico

These were not games but rather anime episodes with some kind of mini games/photo shoots as a bonus.
It was slightly more expansive than you usual anime BR but not by much.

They did the same thing with God Eater but it wasn't as successful.

L~A

Nintendo eShop Sales - Week 41, 2016

Nintendo 3DS

(=) 01. Monster Hunter Stories (Capcom) [08.10.2016]
(=) 02. Pokémon Yellow Version: Pikachu Special Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(+3) 03. Sabaku no Nezumidan (Arc System Works) [02.9.2016]
(=) 04. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(=) 05. Pokémon Red Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(N) 06. VVVVVV (Pikii) [12.10.2016]
(=) 07. Cube Creator 3D (Arc System Works) [15.7.2015]
(-5) 08. Mercenaries Saga 3 (Rideon Japan) [05.10.2016]
(-1) 09. Pokémon Blue Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(B) 10. Pokémon Green Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]

Wii U

(+6) 01. Paper Mario: Color Splash (Nintendo) [13.10.2016]
(-1) 02. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Japan) [17.12.2015]
(-1) 03. Discovery (Rainy Frog) [31.8.2016]
(-1) 04. Terraria (Spike Chunsoft) [15.9.2016]
(+3) 05. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(-2) 06. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2013]
(B) 07. Paper Mario (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [15.7.2015]
(-2) 08. Super Mario World (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
(-4) 09. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) [10.9.2015]
(N) 10. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Warner Bros. Japan) [13.10.2016]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/789080c3-9117-11e6-9b38-063b7ac45a6d.html

@ casiopao: Sabaku no Nezumidan got a demo last week ;)

Also checked anime Top 10, still no Lute and co. (no MHS). Wish we got a Top 20 instead of a Top 10.

I found funny your "Comgnet is no longer relevant" comment because it means that it was relevant before and I wanted to know when was that :)

And finally to check your "nothing drastic" meaning (maybe you were expecting a 1.5-1.7 million LTD). Because dropping 700.000 units for me it's a drastic drop so we'll agree to disagree here.

And the most controversial entry in the series? I suppose you weren't here when Final Fantasy XI was announced and released. Or the first release for Final Fantasy XIV...
They were MMOs and we are talking about SP FF games. Unlike the MMOs, that can't even do 500k, the mainline games are popular.

Maybe I should paraphrase my Comgent comment as it is no longer relevant to compare the preorder points of a game released in 2010 to 2016. A lot has changed in the gaming landscape.

Comgent was a source of estimate in the past and I find it hard to say the same for it now. At best, it does clealry show a drop but by drastic, I meant a situation for FFXV where the preorders weren't moving compared to past games. This was clear in that post i quoted.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

FFXIII with 360 and re-releases is at 2m. Next mainline entry dropping from 2m to 1,2-1,3m is massive, not just drastic.

Orgen

They were MMOs and we are talking about SP FF games. Unlike the MMOs, that can't even do 500k, the mainline games are popular.

Maybe I should paraphrase my Comgent comment as it is no longer relevant to compare the preorder points of a game released in 2010 to 2016. A lot has changed in the gaming landscape.

Comgent was a source of estimate in the past and I find it hard to say the same for it now. At best, it does clealry show a drop but by drastic, I meant a situation for FFXV where the preorders weren't moving compared to past games. This was clear in that post i quoted.

Nice goalpost moving there! :p At least I'll concede that FFXV is the most controversial SP FF game but saying that 1.2 million will be a good result for such a controversial game... ehhhhhh... I don't know, maybe SE should have something to say regarding this? Because I don't see SE thinking that 1.2 million in Japan would be a good result for a game 10 years on the making.

Maybe comgnet is not reliable for getting good sales numbers from the comgnet points but it's good for seeing trends (such as drops). And the situation for FFXV seems bad for now.

FFXIII with 360 and re-releases is at 2m. Next mainline entry dropping from 2m to 1,2-1,3m is massive, not just drastic.

That's the thing. This kind of drop is massive on my book so reading "nothing drastic" was like a o_O moment to me. We'll see what happens and what SE expected from the title.

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 30,154
New3DS LL 15,905
Vita 8,772
2DS 8,203
New3DS 2,983
Wii U 2,430
PS3 814
3DS 346
Xbox One 323
3DS LL 71

PS VR 51,644

67k for Monster Hunter Stories, that's pretty good.

Yay, PS VR is tracked! :)

Top Bottom