• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2017 (Oct 02 - Oct 08)

ggx2ac

Also:

https://twitter.com/wounkun/status/918756658796531713

Hooters collaboration will take place from October 16 to December 10. Collaboration menu price is 1180YEN. And you'll get original coaster! https://t.co/xMszIqN4ib

Eat your hot dogs Apollo.

DMAUR2lVQAEiaiG.jpg

casiopao

I can only imagine it must have cos almost nothing to port them and they're just bulking out their catalogue for the holidays

But releasing on single day mean it will have same product eating each other lol. I mean why? Can't they just release it like every single month?O_O

KtSlime

That's only ~2 millions of the mark and has a chance of happening if the west release is really well managed. :shrugs:

His 5 million prediction was for Japan only, however this prediction has to be for the entire World, as there is not other way to make sense of it.

ggx2ac: At last we have learned Sonic's favorite food, I would have guessed hamburgers, too bad it's not available at the Shibuya location.

But releasing on single day mean it will have same product eating each other lol. I mean why? Can't they just release it like every single month?O_O

One a month would mean one hitting after Christmas. Might as well just rip the bandaid off and release them all at once. It's not like any of them are going sell much FW anyway.

WestEgg

I know people have said that the January date for MHW makes sense due to holiday gift cards and cash, and returns, but I still can't wrap my head around it. That's a month out from Christmas, meaning the people with that money burning a hole in their pocket have to wait 1/12th of a year to spend it. This is also coming off a season where the Switch is undoubtedly going to be the hottest thing in years. Shooting Segment or not, I can't see this selling at a 100% attach rate to what the PS4 currently has in Japan.

L~A

Still don't understand what's incredible about the 3 Musou games releasing on same day. Those are quick, cheap ports, there to fill up their line-up. Not sure spacing them up would change much, with the exception of a handful of hardcore fans, I doubt many people would buy all 3 games even if they were brand new and releasing several months apart.

They're basically catering for all fanbases of "non-collab." Musou (Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, and Warriors Orochi... though I guess the latter kind of is a collab. game, but I meant it in a "collab. with 3rd-party IP" kind of way), to bring them on Switch. Or rather, tell them "hey, we're gonna be on Switch too from now on".

Expectations are bound to be low for those games, though I guess they could be leggish, like the first Samurai Warriors Chronicles game was on 3DS.

Are they releasing in time for the holiday only in Japan or WW?

There's no western release... and that's probably a good thing, having them bomb in one region is more than enough. Not even EN language option on the eShop.

KtSlime

But it's been known for a long time. Technically it's Chili dogs and the earliest known mention is from Sonic Advance 3.

Had no clue, it's been a long time since I have tried a Sonic game. Hopefully the cross promotion pays off, the meal looks good and at a reasonable price. Haven't seen much of Forces, but once I get some time I think I will grab Mania.

WestEgg: The 26th is too late for trying to get the otoshidama money, it's probably simply the soonest they can get it out.

WestEgg

But it's been known for a long time. Technically it's Chili dogs and the earliest known mention is from Sonic Advance 3.

Had no clue, it's been a long time since I have tried a Sonic game. Hopefully the cross promotion pays off, the meal looks good and at a reasonable price. Haven't seen much of Forces, but once I get some time I think I will grab Mania.

He always liked them in the original cartoons as well, I think the games eventually just decided "yeah, why not?"

sonic-chilidog-hog-dddd1.jpg

PantsuJo

10 millions for MHW is impossible even in an alternative dimension/timeline where Sony has conquered Japan.

Better than extreme sci-fi plots, really. Lol

Fiendcode

LordRaptor

Uh, PC's pretty strong for Japanese games. Especially regarding Capcom.

I think "strong" might be overselling it a little - somewhere between 100k and 300k would be realistic expectations for most titles.
Capcoms success is sort of skewed by capcom being one of the publishers that really make use of Humble Bundle and deep discount sales for back product

casiopao

ooKJDk9.jpg
BkkTdwb.jpg

V! Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaiki R (V! What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord? R) is gonna sell tons of PlayStation VR units in Japan confirmed. I mean look at these videos.
https://twitter.com/konarofu/status/918721167862591489
https://twitter.com/konarofu/status/918732153843675136

This is easily one of the thing which makes me hate Sony with Boiling water OMG.

This IP is easily one of my favourite IP during PSP era. I wasted all my muney for all three PSP release and collect all the compendium for more than 100 hours and the thing Sony reward its fans is a shitty puzzle spin off and now this? Tx Sony for ur butchering one of my favorite IP.

This is easily one of the thing which makes me hate Sony with Boiling water OMG.

This IP is easily one of my favourite IP during PSP era. I wasted all my muney for all three PSP release and collect all the compendium for more than 100 hours and the thing Sony reward its fans is a shitty puzzle spin off and now this? Tx Sony for ur butchering.

I mean I was kind of annoyed at first too, at least at the start of the video, but how can you stay mad after watching that. She's too cute. I just wish the actually gameplay looked good.

casiopao

I mean I was kind of annoyed at first too, at least at the start of the video, but how can you stay mad after watching that. She's too cute. I just wish the actually gameplay looked good.

This game is not about FANSERVICE Mrgrgrgrgr. Stop ruining perfectly fun Dungeon building game filled with tons of lore and crazy fun trying to create different monster SONY.T_T

Edit: Just checked the second video....stop touching loli demon.T_T Do not lewd Loli Demon!!!!

Any chance of Switch release?

Honestly, I doubt, especially after Code Vein skipping the platform even though they'll make a XONE version that will flop for sure. GE3 is already being made for a long time targetting the PS4 probably and Bandai Namco support for Switch is incredibly poor.

MechaX

10 millions for MHW is impossible even in an alternative dimension/timeline where Sony has conquered Japan.

Better than extreme sci-fi plots, really. Lol

Like Japan only or worldwide?

Japan only is likely impossible. Worldwide... eh, probably still impossible unless the game is so good that it warps reality and transcends time and space.

PantsuJo

Japan only is likely impossible. Worldwide... eh, probably still impossible unless the game is so good that it warps reality and transcends time and space.
Both, still impossible, as you said.

It will reach 2/2.5 million worldwide at best, I think.

A game selling 10 million copies in Japan is only "likely impossible?"

I think the only game that has sold 10m in Japan (correct me if I’m wrong) is Pokemon Red/Blue/Green.

Definitely no chance MHW does it on the PS4 20 years later, lol. I don’t see it happening worldwide either.

Okamid3n

I think releasing a spin-off like FEW this early in the Switch's life before even having a main series title on said system was a bad idea. Most of the fire emblem fanbase is firmly on the 3DS (and FEW 3DS is unappealing when standing next to the Switch version).

Fire Emblem fatigue is probably also a thing. I'm really, really curious how the Switch's proper Fire Emblem game will do...

I think releasing a spin-off like FEW this early in the Switch's life before even having a main series title on said system was a bad idea. Most of the fire emblem fanbase is firmly on the 3DS (and FEW 3DS is unappealing when standing next to the Switch version).

Fire Emblem fatigue is probably also a thing. I'm really, really curious how the Switch's proper Fire Emblem game will do...

If production values are high, it will be the best selling game in the series. Switch games are high profile and Nintendo markets them a lot, FE in general is rising as a franchise, especially in the West - Heroes makes lots of money.

Top Bottom