• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2017 (Oct 02 - Oct 08)

001.gif

Pac-man...

Nintendo: 69,9%

Sony: 29,9%

Microsoft: 0,2%

No psvr (?) and famicom mini (368.913 from famitsu) sales included.

lyrick

If that's the way you intended it, then you are probably right. But when you said ''that thing'' i assumed you were talking about PS4 and not the LTD comparison of PS4/Switch comparison.

For some reason you tried to marry the middling performance of the PS4 to the respectable performance of the Switch.

The two don't share a weekly performance chart for a reason, they're not in the same league.

test_account

XP-39C²
Actually your post is similar to the one he quoted and said that about PS4 (so he didn't agree with that at all).

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=251663381
Yeah, i see what you mean. Even 3DS and Vita were active systems side by side. It will be the same with PS4 and Switch too.

For some reason you tried to marry the middling performance of the PS4 to the respectable performance of the Switch.

The two don't share a weekly performance chart for a reason, they're not in the same league.
Thats not were the confusion was. It was about PS4 being done by the end of this year.

Laplasakos

No i didn't. Where did you see that?

Finally, 600k on Switch alone. With Wii U, we're probably at 750k right now. Looks like 1 million could happen this year, for Switch + Wii U + digital, after all.

Yep. I always pegged it at within 1 year of release. However, it is all going to depend on how it performs during the holidays and if they give it a extra marketing push when the 2nd DLC drops. It will need a couple big holiday weeks to do it, but man its going to be close! When digital is included it has to easily be over 800K digital+switch+wiiu

lyrick

Yeah, i see what you mean. Even 3DS and Vita were active systems side by side. It will be the same with PS4 and Switch too.

Thats not were the confusion was. It was about PS4 being done by the end of this year.

The MonHun World test is in January, if the platform fails that test it will probably be completely done.

No i didn't. Where did you see that?

with this sad attempt at coupling.

Alongside PS4. There's enough (exclusive) games coming to both, and the hardware sales they're currently generating are good.

oops, not you. (just the starting point for this shit)

If that's the way you intended it, then you are probably right. But when you said ''that thing'' i assumed you were talking about PS4 and not the LTD comparison of PS4/Switch comparison.

Of course that's the way I intended it. I know what I said. There's no "if." You had chosen to interpret it differently driven by your own bias. And if you're going to use air quotes (" ") be accurate. I said "THIS thing's a wrap."

casiopao

Now that Everybody's Golf said good bye too, Gran Turismo is Sony's last big Japanese developed IP in question.

I had zero trust that GT will do well in japan there. Decline is almost 100% and Sony would hope that Europe is going to help this series.

Laplasakos

Of course that's the way I intended it. I know what I said. There's no "if." You had chosen to interpret it differently driven by your own bias. And if you're going to use air quotes (" ") be accurate. I said "THIS thing's a wrap."

Seriously now? I made a mistake at interpreting your words and you accuse me of bias?

Wow, just wow. Bravo.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Since Arms still struggles to sell 200k, its western performance wil be more interesting this and last quarter. It has found a steady baseline of new buyers in Japan every week, in the end it will have a respectable LTD since Nintendo continues to support the game.

Mory Dunz

Since Arms still struggles to sell 200k, its western performance wil be more interesting this and last quarter. It has found a steady baseline of new buyers in Japan every week, in the end it will have a respectable LTD since Nintendo continues to support the game.

If sales are steady, there's gonna be a lot of salt.
and if sales tail off badly there's gonna be a lot of salt

all of a sudden arms is more divisive than splatoon

edit:
the heck does "done" even mean? What are you guys talking about?

will the game make it to 500k LTD,not the next splatoon but still enough to be the next Nintendo’s B+ series

boltpower

Neo Member
If sales are steady, there's gonna be a lot of salt.
and if sales tail off badly there's gonna be a lot of salt

all of a sudden arms is more divisive than splatoon

edit:
the heck does "done" even mean? What are you guys talking about?

Like here?

Originally Posted by lyrick

The MonHun World test is in January, if the platform fails that test it will probably be completely done.

I think it means "kaput" / Dead? English is not my first language.

Despite growth in region, Asia is still a drop in the bucket compared to Japan for consoles. And in the west Switch is selling incredibly well, and notably Japanese 3rd party games on it seem to be outperforming PS4 (Disgaea 5, Puyo Puyo Tetris).

Sony's weakness in Japan could definitely be an issue for them in the future versus a Japan dominating, globally successful Switch.

Need receipts on Asia being a drop in the bucket. A drop seems very hyperbolic.

You listed two niche Japanese third party games, both at launch and your last statement just seems even more disillusioned with reality, considering the Ps4 has nearly 10 times the userbase of the SW and is outselling it worldwide.

This idea that PS4 would see a decrease of Japanese support couldn't be further from reality when nearly every Japanese third party game is releasing on it, far more than any other platform.

I had zero trust that GT will do well in japan there. Decline is almost 100% and Sony would hope that Europe is going to help this series.

From GT6? I think GTS could outdo GT6. You do understand that even the late GT6 has sold near 6 million. GT as a series doesn't really need help to do well, it needs help to get back to its extraordinary status of 10 million+

Some say the racing market has declined severely.....we'll have to see.

It hasn't done notably well in the West either. Decent opening but doesn't seem to have any legs. Curious how much of their initial 1.18 million shipment they've sold.

Vena

Dragon's Dogma is another bottom-tier performance. UK numbers were at comical levels, and it barely sells 10k FW in Japan now. This has been a rough year for their catalog.

Who was this port even for?

Mory Dunz

Like here?

Originally Posted by lyrick

I think it means "kaput" / Dead? English is not my first language.

yea, might as well cancel KH3 and FF7R
Cause MHW gonna end the PS4.

Vena

yea, might as well cancel KH3 and FF7R
Cause MHW gonna end the PS4.

FFVIIR is almost assuredly at least cross-gen at this point. Depending on how bad the project was to begin with, it may end up a "token" launch on the PS4 in three years with Vita-2017-levels of performance.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
will the game make it to 500k LTD,not the next splatoon but still enough to be the next Nintendo’s B+ series
500k LTD will be a succesful result in Japan. So far it has legs. There is no contest for Switch this December, holiday sales could make it a 350-400k seller by January.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nope.

As soon as it sells that much it's sales will be declared "as expected".

Are you new here?
If someone makes a list how many things considered expected for Switch for now comparing to January I think he will need many lines.

Nope.

As soon as it sells that much it's sales will be declared "as expected".

Are you new here?

Used to lurk only, but yes you're right. lol

Most Switch games will get big bumps this holiday season, so people should be prepared to see Arms coming back already.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Oh aye - I was suspicious of such being the tactic all the way back when ARMS' release was imminent. It's just slightly sad because it also caps the console's chances of catching up to the 3DS - which would just be astounding to see - before week 36 on kinda spoils any hope there.

Huh? Holding back some supply for a major release doesn't change total number of sales. Just shifts when units are sold.

Mory Dunz

If someone makes a list how many things considered expected for Switch for now comparing to January I think he will need many lines.

Apparently, Since October '16 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was always obviously going to outsell MK8's 8 million WW.

weird cause I remembered a lot of "this game was on wii U, why is anyone going to buy a switch for it" and "port machine" >_>

Huh? Holding back some supply for a major release doesn't change total number of sales. Just shifts when units are sold.

Yes, but when they happen is kind of a factor when comparing with another console's sales aligned week for week. The 3DS, when aligned, is soon to gain a massive sales boost that would make it exceedingly unlikely for the Switch to catch up.

Possible the roster really hurt the game. It's a potentially fixable thing if that really was the cause or a big part of it. A few new character announcements (from non-Fates and Awakening games) and that they'll be free can correct that and cause the game to possibly pick back up in sales slowly. If it's general disinterest in Fire Emblem spin-offs that's a big problem and there will be no sequel. If it's general oversaturation then that's a bigger issue and that next proper entry into the series that's going to be on the Switch needs to be delayed a year or two to give the franchise some breathing room. There have been a lot of Fire Emblem games in a very short amount of time. Especially if you played all of Fates.

Anyone know how the advertising for FEW was in Japan? I don't think the US push for it has been that good to be honest. I would say things has been bad marketing wise.

this, im worried about the oversaturation of fire emblem games so far... wonder how Fire Emblem Switch's performance will reflect this

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Some people here will be really surprised when Nintendo announces ARMS surpassed 2M.
2m LTD for Arms should be expected at this point and a good result. Hitting 3m, now that would be a great result and guarantee a sequel sometime. December sales will be crucial for that chance to exist.

Aters

No. The problem with FEW is not the roster. The problem is FE is a turned based SRPG franchise and its fans don't give a fuck about Mousou.The game will die before DLCs roll out.

Fans will be there when a real FE comes out that is not a remake of a bad game.

Durante

Dragon's Dogma is another bottom-tier performance. UK numbers were at comical levels, and it barely sells 10k FW in Japan now. This has been a rough year for their catalog.

Who was this port even for?
The PC port is sitting at 824k, so I don't think it's too far-fetched if they thought that they could sell a few 100k on consoles worldwide (which would easily pay for the port).

Ridley327

The PC port is sitting at 824k, so I don't think it's too far-fetched if they thought that they could sell a few 100k on consoles worldwide (which would easily pay for the port).

I think the slightly higher price point turned people off, especially when Capcom has been setting the expectations of their PS4/XB1 ports right at $20. It seems really weird that they priced it higher in general, especially with how decidedly mediocre its sales were on last gen consoles.

Top Bottom