• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2017 (Oct 02 - Oct 08)

Zedark

First Day Sell-through {2017.10.12}

[PS4] [XB1] Middle-earth: Shadow of War <RPG> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.800) - 50% small shipment, and probably not additional shipments will be needed.

Rabbids Land

[PS4] [NSW] Lost Sphear <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.800) - 10-20%
Ouch, poor Lost Sphear.
I just noticed that 1-2 switch is always staying around in top 20+.

This title is going to be another Tongari Boshi leg style huh.
I believe it is selling about 2k each week, which means it never reached the top 20, but still steady builds its userbase. It's probably a slightly bigger success than first thought.

casiopao

Ouch, poor Lost Sphear.

I believe it is selling about 2k each week, which means it never reached the top 20, but still steady builds its userbase. It's probably a slightly bigger success than first thought.

I always believe that 1-2 switch is going to have long legs. While sure it wont have the same pull power as wii sport but it is still good enough as first try for switch for more casual fans.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
About ARMS: with Tekken 7 announcing 2 millions shipped, I woudn't be too surprised to see ARMS around there too, after next Nintendo fiscal meeting, considering their respective US and JP known numbers so far

casiopao

About ARMS: with Tekken 7 announcing 2 millions shipped, I woudn't be too surprised to see ARMS around there too, after next Nintendo fiscal meeting, considering their respective US and JP known numbers so far

Dont forget SFV, it also going to hit that 2 million....for sure....believe!!!

mao2

First Day Sell-through {2017.10.12}

[PS4] [XB1] Middle-earth: Shadow of War <RPG> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥7.800) - 50% small shipment, and probably not additional shipments will be needed.

Rabbids Land

[PS4] [NSW] Lost Sphear <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.800) - 10-20%
I guess the only positive is that I can grab Lost Sphear when it hits the bargain bins...

casiopao

same,1-2 switch will probably the most interesting game to look at,underrated legs so far

I am actually quite sad that Miitopia is not released on Switch as that game also had quite a nice leg before Switch come out and burried its tiny leg.

It actually should with the Arcade Edition. After all this time.

Lol. I forget Arcade Edition is coming out. When it is supposed to come out there?

Right, It sells more than we could believe, look UK, always there after 7 months

37 29 1-2 SWITCH

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Indeed, small and steady. That Nintendo ever green title. I dont think the title had been discounted like at all right?

DoDonPachi and Deathsmiles developer Cave has announced the development of a ”completely new project" code-named ”3jus."

Cave-3jus_10-13-17-600x435.jpg

this project is tagged ”console game"

https://3jus.jp/

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/cave-announces-new-project-code-named-3jus

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
amazon restocked and Splatoon bundle is very low for the first time, every retailer must be out of stock of it by now.

L~A

Thought this was relevant as it got some discussion in these parts; The producer of the Secret of Mana remake has explained why it's not on Switch in an interview with Red Bull:

I'm gonna leave it without comment for the time being.

That they're pulling the "development started before Switch came out" excuse when the game is going to be released in January 2018 (almost a year after the console came out) certainly speaks volume about how thin and short the shoestring of their shoestring budget must be.

(Should add I'm expecting a Swtich version later down the line, probably a retail package with both remakes).

I'd gladly have another Mana remake with Asano Team using Octopath's artstyle instead

I'm going to parrot what Justin Epperson from 8-4 said when the remake was announced, and say that I'd personally prefer a remake that actually looked like Secret of Mana, period (which wouldn't be the case of an Octopath Traveler-style remake).

noshten

amazon restocked and Splatoon bundle is very low for the first time, every retailer must be out of stock of it by now.

It's still a pretty substantial restock on Amazon today 7 Switch SKUs in the top 20. No wonder Minecraft Splatoon 2, MK8D and Snipperclips rising in the eShop Charts as more new owners are purchasing the evergreens.
With the physical release of Snipperclips + early November I think there is a chance for the title to pass 1 million physical + digital in Japan LTD.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Media Create hardware

Code:
+------+----------+------------+
| 2010 | 52 weeks |  9.336.350 |
| 2011 | 52 weeks | 10.085.107 |
| 2012 | 52 weeks |  9.620.672 |
| 2013 | 52 weeks |  8.391.267 |
| 2014 | 52 weeks |  6.544.036 |
| 2015 | 53 weeks |  5.864.244 |
| 2016 | 52 weeks |  4.989.924 |
| 2017 | 52 weeks |  4.675.883 | (12 weeks missing)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Last year for the same period (weeks 41-52) hardware that was sold was 1,8m.

2017 will end somewhere between 2013 and 2014.

Arynio

Media Create hardware

Code:
| 2010 | 52 weeks |  9.336.350 |
| 2011 | 52 weeks | 10.085.107 |
| 2012 | 52 weeks |  9.620.672 |
| 2013 | 52 weeks |  8.391.267 |
| 2014 | 52 weeks |  6.544.036 |
| 2015 | 53 weeks |  5.864.244 |
| 2016 | 52 weeks |  4.989.924 |
| 2017 | 52 weeks |  4.675.883 | (12 weeks missing)

I believe 7m could be achievable this year. Would be a nice upturn.

Gradivus

If the next 12 weeks are like week 40 (88,000 units) it will meet with 2015's numbers easy. I agree with Chris that it will end between 2013/2014

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Unless my memory fails me, he also predicted +5 million units for DQXI, didn't he? Not sure where he's pulling those numbers from. Also, "shooting segment" what? Was this machine translated?

That's only ~2 millions of the mark and has a chance of happening if the west release is really well managed. :shrugs:

Alrus

wait a second... does he mean Japan only?

10 million copies in Japan alone????

I'm sure he means worldwide.

Prediction is still "Gundam Musou 2 is going to sell 1 million copies on PS2 and one million on PS3" level of ridiculous though.

ggx2ac

Unless... he expects the whole Japanese PS4 userbase to buy the game twice or, GTA V effect occurs and every new PS4 owner buys a new copy of MHW to reach 10 million before the end of the generation meaning that it would be the second time Capcom saved Sony's ass in Japan.

test_account

XP-39C²

Prediction is still "Gundam Musou 2 is going to sell 1 million copies on PS2 and one million on PS3" level of ridiculous though.
Not that it matters that much, but it was 1 million for Gundam, and 1 million for Musou. Bringing two strong brands together, being enough to sell 2 million copies in total. I think the expectations were later lowered to 1 million copies sold worldwide.

Alrus

Not that it matters that much, but it was 1 million for Gundam, and 1 million for Musou. Bringing two strong brands together, being enough to sell 2 million copies in total. I think the expectations were later lowered to 1 million copies sold worldwide.

Indeed, it's been a while and I mixed it up a bit.

Top Bottom