• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2012 (Oct 08 - Oct 14)

Am I reading this right? Nintendo lost 4 billion yen more than forecast over the first half of the fiscal year. But they reduced their forecast over the whole year by 15 billion. They still expect to make money though.

barely make money.

Looking at it I'm guessing they had some kind of issues with WiiU manufacturing that increased the costs slightly. Revenue forecasts were lowered less than profit which means costs are going up. Since the units forecast actually dropped a bit, means that costs per unit went up. WiiU only thing that would really make sense. Can't imagine Wii, DS or 3DS costs went up unexpectedly in the last 6 months.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It seems they're including digital copies of retail titles in both results and forecasts.

3DS during Q1 did 1.86 millions. Given it did 5.06 millions in six months, this means it did 3.20 millions in Q2.

Okay, wanted to be sure. Seemed like a lot of software but I guess it's only a 5:1 ratio.

includes bundled and it's a shipped number. Always will be big over shipments of software in launch year as they have to stock store shelves along with selling the games for the year.

Hobby

So we're probably looking at around 2.5 million Wii U units available at launch worldwide. How does that compare to Wii?

5.5M will be easily done, remember Wii demand was way higher than Nintendo could supply.

So ... where did Parmenides go? He bumped the Q1 thread some hours ago >_>
His thread but it was someone else who bumped it.

5.5 million Wii U sales seems conservative but to also sell 5 million Wii in the year ending next March 31st? Will Wii really sell 5 million?
Yeah, this is what I'm more skeptical of, but then again it is Nintendo during the holidays.

even 5 million Wii Us seems to be such a small number for worldwide launch and they plan to spread that until the end of march? So glad I pre-ordered

I wonder how the numbers will break down by region

Mpl90

Less than 30 minues before the datas. Who's bravely excited? Hoping no one will default before they come!

test_account

XP-39C²
I actually didn't know "store 7" wasn't a store and was the source for first day sellthrough numbers until it was pointed out earlier. The rest are actually anecdotes from guys that do work at stores, though, as far as I know.
Ah ok, thanks for clearifying that.

Nintendoom has taken over the internets

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/24/nintendo-first-half-2012-financials/

I did not know Wii was getting so close to 100 million sold. 97.2 is impressive
What is Nintendoom with that article? Or do you mean the user comments in that article?

Bruno MB

I can see Bravely Default: Flying Fairy around 45k - 50k.

Project X Zone will probably have a huge drop (over 85%)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great BD:FF sales considering it was sold out. Performance on Vita titles is kinda poor and no effect on Hardware, still good on Sony that they can convince publishers like Bamco and MMV to support the system.

Erethian

How good those second week Bravely Default sales are will depend on what sell-through is.

And yeah, Vita is just cratering at the moment, which is saying something given past performances.

Mpl90

How good those second week Bravely Default sales are will depend on what sell-through is.

And yeah, Vita is just cratering at the moment, which is saying something given past performances.

Between 76 and 100%, like last week.

Bruno MB

Project X Zone (148,000 units shipped)

The PSP version of Little Battlers eXperience W had a very low sell-trough (below 50%)

DGRE

Banned
Project X Zone (148,000 units shipped)

The PSP version of Little Battlers eXperience W had a very low sell-trough (below 50%)

Oh wow. PXZ is never going to sell through its first shipment.

LBX W PSP destroyed the Vita version. What was the sellthrough on the Vita version?

Top Bottom