• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2013 (Oct 07 - Oct 13)

Scum

o_O @ 3DS & Pokermans! Great Vita2000 numbers too.
Ahh...poor ol' WiiU. If only NCL could have had MK8 out by Dec.

Kouriozan

I do actually wonder if the upcoming wii u bundles could breathe a bit of life in to windwaker, not saying I expect miracles but say a Zelda fan doesn't own a wii u yet and was planning on picking one up for it its quite likely some would've held off til the bundles release

Or more importantly, will 3D Mario save the Wii U?
With that awful momentum, there is reason to be pessimist.

idlewild_

Those Vita sales are pretty good, way better than I would have thought. Kind of bumps up my expectation for what the Wii U bundles can do in a couple weeks, until then though the sales numbers are going to be pretty tragic.

Wii U is dead dead.

Foreshadowing for tomorrow? :p

Nibel

ibsMlTPFad0nj.gif

Wii U bundles on the way, so expect it to drop even lower next week.

Pokemon number in MC seems rather low. 3DS number sort of low too. I guess there are some supply issues?

Vita did much better than I thought it would.

shink

A lot going on this week:

-Pokemon X/Y as expected did phenomenal which is no surprise.
-Playstation Vita did much better than I anticipated which is wavy.
-Grand Theft Auto put up some good numbers too!
-WiiU... under 3.5k... SMH.

If PS Vita can hold its momentum til God Eater 2 is released that'd be a huge boon for both GE2 (which will sell well anyway) and the Vita. Sony would be crazy not to do a GE2 bundle.
I think Sony already announced a LE Vita for God Eater, Gundam and FFX so you'd at least get decent bumps late Oct, mid Nov and late Dec.

If PS Vita can hold its momentum til God Eater 2 is released that'd be a huge boon for both GE2 (which will sell well anyway) and the Vita. Sony would be crazy not to do a GE2 bundle.

There's a bundle. There's also one for Gundam Breaker at the end of October. All in all, there's some sizable momentum being built for the Vita starting from now. Shouldn't have terrible numbers for the rest of the year at least.

Lexxism

I'm now curious with Vita TV and WiiU bundles after Vita got a big bump of being exactly the same price of OG Vita with just different colors. If those two don't do well on their first week, I guess Japan is truly a handheld country.

Yeah, I think we were using different definitions of 'this / last week'. I meant the results we'd see this week, which are obviously the sales from last week. In essence, we were actually saying the same thing.

Yeah, my bad :)

LOCK

I'm sort of disappointed in 3DS hardware, but if it's really shortages then ok.

Everything else did exactly as I'd imagine.

I'm just relieved that this means that the last few weeks of dreadful Vita sales have been artificially low in expectation of the new model, as opposed to a general flat lining of interest.

Hope Wii U can turn it around somehow then we can all be a happy family!

zroid

Banned
Every previous instance I expected Vita not to get a bump from a game release (and it always served me crow), so I raised my bar significantly here. Had a feeling the new model would do better than most people were predicting, but looks like it exceeded my predictions as well. It's a platform which has found its niche, that's for sure.

The new model is more of a downgrade than an upgrade, do Japanese gamers really hate OLED or something?
They presumably value it being lighter and having slightly better battery time. It's not that they hate OLED, they just don't seem to give a shit about it one way or the other.
creamsugar pls

the NPD...
I don't think he has those numbers yet? Unless he gets an advanced report.

MIlky1985

Banned
To be expected from an overpriced HD port.

Wind Waker was out a few weeks ago in japan, it caused a spike in sales but nothing "groundbreaking".

However from reading around there are some bundles coming that i guess the buying public will know about so it will always cause a dip in sales in the proceeding weeks, as its does for every console, including the Vita a few times.

Dunno why i'm bothering to answer someone whose ranting about a overpriced HD port however when the majority of people who have it (including myself) see it as one of the better HD remakes out there due to not just uprezzing the gfx and calling it a day like most others, but hey , thats just me

KLonso

Crazy Pokémon sales, but that's to be expected. The real story is the new Vita model, it lives!
kind of at least

I just don't understand why? The new model is more of a downgrade than an upgrade, do Japanese gamers really hate OLED or something?

Colours. It can all be explained by colours, (and not the ones on the screen).

ringwaldhaze

Neo Member
Crazy Pokémon sales, but that's to be expected. The real story is the new Vita model, it lives!
kind of at least

I just don't understand why? The new model is more of a downgrade than an upgrade, do Japanese gamers really hate OLED or something?

A variety of colours is always a big thing coupled with a slimmer form factor and marginally improved battery. I was thinking it could reach 40k and I thought I was optimistic.

They presumably value it being lighter and having slightly better battery time. It's not that they hate OLED, they just don't seem to give a shit about it one way or the other.
I don't think he has those numbers yet? Unless he gets an advanced report.

It depends on where he works.

If he works for someone like Nintendo, it's very probable that Creamsugar would already know what USA Wii U September sales were.

Gamerloid

kind of at least

Colorful systems is appealing. It's lighter, better sound, better battery, 1 gig internal memory, and a less prone to problems LCD screen. Personally the design isn't as good as the original, and I'm loving the OLED. LCD will be fine, and design is nothing more than personal preference. So for some it can be a super upgrade.

L Thammy

Wow, GTA V. So much for xenophobia.

Pretty surprised by the Vita as well, but I think we need to see how if it lasts. There always seems to be demand for hardware at launch for whatever reason.

SmokyDave said 10K so I was thinking nah, maybe 15-18K but 60? No way did I imagine it, not when Pokemon and MH4 are taking so much attention.

I think Sony already announced a LE Vita for God Eater, Gundam and FFX so you'd at least get decent bumps late Oct, mid Nov and late Dec.

There's a bundle. There's also one for Gundam Breaker at the end of October. All in all, there's some sizable momentum being built for the Vita starting from now. Shouldn't have terrible numbers for the rest of the year at least.

Well I didn't know about the other bundles so yeah I'd wager at least 25k+ bumps on the low end? I can't really get behind a concrete number for a potential new baseline.

I think people are sort of overselling the importance of the OLED.

The LCD screen is by no means bad, and more importantly the form factor is a significant improvement over the previous model. It's lighter, the battery is better, comes with built in memory, and of course the colors.

zroid

Banned

And maybe most importantly, not being forced to buy an overpriced memory card just to use the damn thing.

I said it from the day I bought a Vita a couple months after its launch -- they are going to drop the OLED because it's pointlessly expensive, doesn't affect compatibility (unlike the equally superfluous rear touch pad), and no one outside of Internet forums would give a flying fuck about it.

mujun

Wow, GTA V. So much for xenophobia.

Pretty surprised by the Vita as well, but I think we need to see how if it lasts. There always seems to be demand for hardware at launch for whatever reason.

All it takes is one example and thousands of others cease to count.

Both Vita TV and God Eater 2 come out on november 14th, its gonna be Vita's biggest week this year. I predict above 100K.

God Eater 2 bundle has been in top of amazon japan ever since it was annouced. It should do some good numbers.

Also as mentioned we will also have Vita TV, Gundam bundle and FF bundle till end of year.

Plus a few games with 100k+ potential - compraed to last year Christmas with AKB as only game.

braves01

Banned
Pokemon's only 1 day of sales right? So fall-off might not be too bad next week.

And at what point does it just no longer make sense to continue supporting Wii U

Senzu bean for Vita... even if it was thanks to the new Vitard model :(

Maybe I'm being unfair... screen aside that new Vita does look really nice.

Japan also continuing to embrace Wii U as it's main home console I see. Can't possibly sink any lower than that, can it?

Heyt

Banned
Pokémon and 3DS destroy everything, no surprise here. Great numbers for PSVita in the storm of GTA and Pokemon.

And man, WiiU. If 3D world doesn't make the console step up a lot the thing is completely fucked. And I don't see that happening since 2D Mario is much more popular and it did nothing. The console it's just a money burner for Nintendo and it allways be. Curious about NPD tomorrow, but I don't think there is any real hope for this console, at least on Japan.

Top Bottom