• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2014 (Oct 20 - Oct 26)

Ty4on

segarevised3cuc4.png

Huge revision on their forecast.

I guess it isn't super relevant in JP sales threads, but looks like Sega was caught off guard by the big drop in sales for 360 and PS3. Even with the PS3 beating expectations the revised forecasts are still brutal.

I'm actually trying to recall what exactly SEGA released through Q2 on consoles in the West if anything?

Atlus titles?
Sonic titles?

EDIT: Oh, Alien? Was that in Q2?

BKK

I can help with charts but I'd be more interested in keeping garaph.info updates...

I'm actually trying to recall what exactly SEGA released through Q2 on consoles in the West if anything?

Atlus titles?
Sonic titles?

EDIT: Oh, Alien? Was that in Q2?

I don't think they released any console games in the West during that quarter. Alien released Q3 (2014.10.07), but possibly shipped Q2.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A couple of mobile notes.

1.) GungHo has revenue of approximately $4.5 million a day ($1.2 billion) from January to September, with an operating profit of $680 million. This is up over 14% year over year. Puzzle & Dragons is still by and far the main driver, though Divine Gate (Acquire) has some success. They also bought 70% of Playphone to try and expand into the West better.

2.) Square Enix has released Final Fantasy VII G-Bike and 3594e in Japan.

3.) Nexon is making an extremely original looking mobile game targeted at Japan. It appears to be out.

4) Famitsu is now giving cover stories to mobile games:

Oh God Skylock's artstyle...original indeed. XD

For those interested, here's how Skylock is doing up to now. On Google Play (1,087 reviews):

Free Downloads Ranking

Went from 110th to 84th to currently 83rd.
Considering this trend, the game is already between 10,000 and 50,000 downloads. Unfortunately, we don't know where it was, download-wise, the first day after launch, just to get a better idea. Still, let's see where it goes in the next few days.

Grossing Ranking

190th -> 126th -> currently 125th

Unfortunately, this is a free to play title, so it's more difficult to have a good idea of how much it's grossing. Are there paid titles (low prices, high prices, don't care) launching soon on iOS / Android? Just to know what to check, hoping one of them shows also a grossing trend on Google Play charts not that far from Skylock.

Note: the game was not featured on GP Home Page / GP.

Meanwhile, on iOS (where it seems it actually launched earlier)

iPhone Free Downloads Ranking

6th -> 3rd -> 6th -> 1st

Actually first in downloads on iPhone yesterday? Uh. That sounds like a big amount of downloads...but we don't have them, unlike when seeing game pages on GP.

iPhone Grossing Ranking

102nd -> 58th -> 38th -> 43rd

Not as big in grossing as it is in downloads, but we'll see how it'll go the next week. Do we have a possible grossing range for this kind of performance?

And on iPad

iPad Free Downloads Ranking

58th -> 17th -> 16th -> 6th

iPad Grossing Ranking

147th -> 62nd -> 86th -> 66th

Note: the game was featured 1 time on the iTunes Home Page, 6 times in iTunes (iPhone) / not featured on the iTunes Home Page, 2 times in iTunes (iPad)

Takao

Banned
Yo-Kai Watch Gets 2nd Film Next Winter

Level-5's Yōkai Watch Franchise is getting a second film next spring. The announcement comes as 721,422 advance tickets have been sold for the first film, Yōkai Watch: Tanjō no Himitsu da Nyan! (Yōkai Watch the Movie: It's the Secret of Birth, Meow!), as of October 26. This is the highest number of advance tickets sold in the entire 82-year history of the film's distributor TOHO.

The first film will open December 20.

The film will star Haruka Tomatsu as Keita Amano, Tomokazu Seki as Whisper, Etsuko Kozakura as Jibanyan, and Yuuki Kaji as Fuyunyan. Other cast members include Tohru Nara as Kuma, Aya Endo as fumika Kodama, and Chie Satou as Kanchi Imada. Guest stars include AKB48 member Haruka Shimazaki as Yukippe, kabuki actor Ainosuke Kataoka as Ubaune, and actor and comedian Ken Shimura as Master Nyaada. Yoichi Kato will provide the scripts for the film, while Ken'ichirō Saigō will compose the soundtrack. Oriental Light and Magic is animating the film.

Game developer Level-5 announced the Yōkai Watch franchise in 2011 with a game, manga, and anime already planned. The franchise's first game for the Nintendo 3DS debuted in Japan in July 2013, and two versions of the Yo-kai Watch 2 3DS game shipped in July. A third version titled Yo-kai Watch 2: Shinuchi (Yo-kai Watch 2: Headliner) will ship on December 13, and will tie in to the upcoming film. The anime premiered this past January. The manga has four volumes that have sold 1.5 million copies.

Dentsu Entertainment USA is offering the anime to broadcast and merchandising partners in the Americas. Other game franchises from LEVEL-5 Inc. — Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven — also inspired films.

ziqvkkU.png

meanwhile ...

hiska-kun

comgnet weekend (2 days)

Pok AS : 611(+28)
Pok OR : 534 (+23)
YW 2.5 : 552 (+66)

Youkai Watch pre-orders are crazy.

We need mpl90 and his comparations.

----

No stock problems for N3DS this weekend.
We have this instead :O

2C5BE1D0-954A-4BD5-A300-B98497D103A5_zps2k0xblte.jpg

White PS4 sold out
Just one shop, it doesn't seem general.

Usobuko

Banned
I'll pass. You can probably find a website with reviews scores. Cover will be a lot of work.

My next project:

cumulativefreedownloayfugr.png

jk. haha

Colopl has a nice page: http://colopl.co.jp/ir/appdls/
Fansite that keeps track of P&D: http://pad-plus.com/archives/26522.html
Fansite that keeps track of MS: http://monst-news.net/10607/

Never heard of this Colopl company. Turns out to be bigger than GREE in market cap and has so many mobile games hits under its belt. It made the creator a billionaire too.

"A mobile game market is emerging on a scale never seen before. At Colopl, we are aiming to be the No. 1 smartphone entertainment company in the world."

So the same dream as GungHo/Softbank?

Ushiwaka

Sega Sammy results through Q2 (April - Sept 2014)

Whole company revenue 154.2 billion yen (-5%)
Packaged games revenue 15.3 billion yen (-6%)
Digital games revenue 21.9 billion yen (+24%)
Operating income 3.4 billion yen (-72%)
Net income -2.0 billion yen
-----------------------
Persona 4 The ULTIMAX ULTRA SUPLEX HOLD 230K shipped.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/201503_2q_tanshinhosoku_e_final.pdf

Pachinko profit down big time.

I have no idea how these charts work, but does this mean they are going to release a PS4/X1 title on the 2Q of the next FY?

L~A

Yw3 ìs probably a lock. Still 3ds exckusive?

Halo 6 is probably a lock. Still Microsoft exclusive?

;)

Youkai Watch pre-orders are crazy.

We need mpl90 and his comparations.

----

No stock problems for N3DS this weekend.
We have this instead :O

Yeah, I really wasn't expecting such stronger pre-orders to be honest (though I had no doubt it'b be successful), but looks like it has more of an impact on sales than YW2 did (may have to wait for next week numbers, but I don't think the last 2 drops for YW2 were due to shortages). YW2 is still selling, and should have no problem reaching 3m before the end of the year on its own.

Exciting times ahead for Mr Akihiro Hino ;)
Pokémon "vs" Youkai should be interesting to watch too, expecting both games to sell well, and actually boost each other's sales. But the clear winner will be Nintendo with the N3DS anyway.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Halo 6 is probably a lock. Still Microsoft exclusive?

;)

that's not the same, you know? plus, I wasnt' necessarily implying a "betrayal" against Nintendo. but, overall, ditching a possible mobiliziation or a possible HD edition (as done for Ninokuni for example) coparing it to Halo isn't satisfying to me ;p

that's not the same, you know? plus, I wasnt' necessarily implying a "betrayal" against Nintendo. but, overall, ditching a possible mobiliziation or a possible HD edition (as done for Ninokuni for example) coparing it to Halo isn't satisfying to me ;p

Those would happen outside the numbered entry, as it happened with IE. YW fanbase in on 3DS, and is still willing to pay a premium price to play the game.

zeromcd73

Assassin's Creed Rogue 360 version is cancelled in Japan. Ubi have no interest localization a game in Japan that won't sell 5k copies.

Could this possibly lead to the cancellation of other XBO multi plat western games in Japan with its absolute awful sales?

I have no idea how these charts work, but does this mean they are going to release a PS4/X1 title on the 2Q of the next FY?

segarevised3cuc4.png

They have 2 SKU left for XBO, and 3 SKU left for PS4, to be released by the end of March 2015.

It could be one game with different versions (localization, special edition, etc).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Generally speaking Sega has the most needlessly complicated and antiquated release list I've ever seen.

Basically every other publisher just lists their games and what platforms they're releasing on.

Regional retail SKU count (with separated special editions) feels like such as bizarre concept to focus on in 2014, especially when they're moving toward being a digital company to boot.

Please yes!
I don't see that happening though, since Ubisoft has their "next-gen" Tetris in the west.
+ WiiU/Vita PuyoPuyo Tetris would be better
I seriously doubt they would release the Bone/PS4 versions of PPT and not any of the other SKUs, which do not have unreleased titles.
Edit: wait I read that chart wrong, so mayyyybe.

Wynnebeck

Banned
segarevised3cuc4.png

They have 2 SKU left for XBO, and 3 SKU left for PS4, to be released by the end of March 2015.

It could be one game with different versions (localization, special edition, etc).

What game could they possibly release on PS4 in Japan that's going to end up contributing to 760k units? LOL

idlewild_

What game could they possibly release on PS4 in Japan that's going to end up contributing to 760k units? LOL

Unless I'm reading that wrong, it looks like they intend to release 3 more games/skus which combined will sell 470k more units for the rest of the FY WW.

Comgnet total "long" weekend (yesterday was national holiday)

Pok AS : 624 (+41)
Pok OR : 541 (+30)
YW 2.5 : 588 (+102)

at this rate YW 2.5 will get the top spot at the end of this week....

Tripon

Yokai watch 3 isn't going to leave exclusivity with the 3ds. If they go mobile, they would likely have to chase a F2P model and that brings its own sets of hassle.

Hm Smash Wii U is picking up some steam at least. Then again, I'd actually assume Smash would have more preorders than MK8 anyways.

I guess it'll be luckier because of holidays. Even if it doesn't explode in terms of pre-orders, it will be on stores shelves when people are around and are willing to spend money.

dolemite

Assassin's Creed Rogue 360 version is cancelled in Japan. Ubi have no interest localization a game in Japan that won't sell 5k copies.

Could this possibly lead to the cancellation of other XBO multi plat western games in Japan with its absolute awful sales?

I don't a reason for MSFT not to step in and help with localizing their games.

mao2

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, Bakumatsu Rock: Ultra Soul, Forbidden Magna underperformed for Marvelous, resulting in a 67.7% reduction of profit compared to the same quarter last year.
http://gamebiz.jp/?p=136423
(2)コンシューマ事業は、売上高34億3000万円(同8.9%減)、営業利益4億1100万円(同67.7%減)だった。8月7日に「閃乱カグラ2-真紅-(ニンテンドー3DS)」、9月25日に「幕末Rock 超魂(ウルトラソウル)(PS Vita/PSP)」、10月2日に「禁忌のマグナ(ニンテンドー3DS)」(出荷基準につき当期計上)の新作3タイトルを発売したが(前年同期は新作1タイトル)、いずれも計画未達となった。

Top Bottom