• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2011 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't think 3DS will do even more than last week.
It's true that on Amazon NOW is very high, while last week it was soldout, but this cannot be considered a true sign of a better week than the precedent. Maybe, we can think it will not fall so much, something like 110-120k, considering also that Mario seems to be holding pretty well...

Jokeropia

November is not as big a sales month in Japan as it is in the west. I wouldn't expect the normal holiday boost to come into effect until the end of the month or even early December.

Takao said:
I give LBX four years at most if Level-5 milking occurs, and from the fact Boost exists, I'm going to say it'll happen.

I suspect Inazuma Eleven will be gone before then.
IE will outlast LBX, largely because it's cross media efforts (anime, manga) have been so much more successful (nevermind the games). IE really took off with the anime and while it's going to head for steep decline soon (thanks generational transition), it's still going to be more successful than LBX.

There's really nothing indicating growth for LBX either in the future, the anime isn't well recieved, the manga was halted... performance of Boost will be interesting to watch. I think Gundam Age is going to sell even less than LBX given it's anime's critical response too.

I hope Hino's being very careful with Ghoul Watch, they really need another IE sized hit after the relative fizzle of Ninokuni and LBX.

duckroll

lunchwithyuzo said:
There's really nothing indicating growth for LBX either in the future, the anime isn't well recieved, the manga was halted... performance of Boost will be interesting to watch. I think Gundam Age is going to sell even less than LBX given it's anime's critical response too.

I... don't think this is true at all. The LBX anime has pretty consistent ratings (around the same as Inazuma) and has been renewed for yet another season now. The ratings breakdown by demographic also indicate that it is very successful in hitting the target demographic for the franchise. The model kits are also a huge success. They've sold over 1.5 million units so far, and it's one of the bigger successes in terms of new entertainment products on the Japanese market. Overall the franchise itself is pretty healthy in Japan, and popular with kids.

Gundam AGE on the other hand is a totally different matter. It's failing to connect with kids, the older demographics aren't interested in buying the model kits, interest is dying very quickly. If Sunrise and Level 5 doesn't do something quick, it will actually fail.

duckroll said:
I... don't think this is true at all. The LBX anime has pretty consistent ratings (around the same as Inazuma) and has been renewed for yet another season now. The ratings breakdown by demographic also indicate that it is very successful in hitting the target demographic for the franchise. The model kits are also a huge success. They've sold over 1.5 million units so far, and it's one of the bigger successes in terms of new entertainment products on the Japanese market. Overall the franchise itself is pretty healthy in Japan, and popular with kids.

Gundam AGE on the other hand is a totally different matter. It's failing to connect with kids, the older demographics aren't interested in buying the model kits, interest is dying very quickly. If Sunrise and Level 5 doesn't do something quick, it will actually fail.
LBX's ratings are most definietly lower than IE from the charts I've seen. IE's a mainstay in the top 10, while LBX cracked top 10 only four weeks so far or something, and never ranked ahead of IE either afaik? Maybe I'm misremembering but Takao and I were discussing this a few weeks back and I was a little surprised after actually looking it up.

The manga getting canned wasn't a great sign either, though maube there were other reasons for that?

duckroll

lunchwithyuzo said:
LBX's ratings are most definietly lower than IE from the charts I've seen. IE's a mainstay in the top 10, while LBX cracked top 10 only four weeks so far or something, and never ranked ahead of IE either afaik? Maybe I'm misremembering but Takao and I were discussing this a few weeks back and I was a little surprised after actually looking it up.

The manga getting canned wasn't a great sign either, though maube there were other reasons for that?

LBX does have lower ratings than IE, but it's within the same range. LBX gets about 4% while Inazuma Go has about 5% these days. There isn't a huge difference in actual ratings to indicate one is particularly less popular.

Gundam Age also averages about 4%, but the difference is that in the demographic breakdown, both Inazuma and LBX are mostly made up of younger kid viewers (which is good, since that's the demographic), while Gundam Age's breakdown indicates there are very, very few kid viewers. This seems to be translating directly into retail failure on the merchandising end, with Gundam AGE model kits stocking up in stores, and prices being slashed pretty heavily in the last week or two.

I have no idea what happened with the manga though. I do know the LBX model kit line is selling very well. Considering the sort of series it is, that's probably the most important merchandise next to the videogame itself.

Takao

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
IE will outlast LBX, largely because it's cross media efforts (anime, manga) have been so much more successful (nevermind the games). IE really took off with the anime and while it's going to head for steep decline soon (thanks generational transition), it's still going to be more successful than LBX.

I hope Hino's being very careful with Ghoul Watch, they really need another IE sized hit after the relative fizzle of Ninokuni and LBX.

As Ducky's said, there's no proof that LBX is that much less popular than IE other than video game sales. The TV ratings have been almost identical since the video game released (with IE taking a 1% or two higher) , which is what I brought up a few months ago. It surprised me that the video game's release actually bolstered the ratings (since prior to that, they were lackluster) since it's usually the other way around. The model kits have been a huge success, as Hino noted at Level-5 World. I'm not sure what's up with the manga, but for what it's worth, CoroCoro is still giving it top billing instead of things like Beyblade, and Pokemon.

As for why I expect growth in LBX's future, I'm getting that from the game's surprisingly decent legs. The game wasn't entirely front loaded and if the release schedule wasn't so packed, it probably would still be charting. I'm also basing growth for it on the conditions that the sequel tends to be the highest seller in series like this (Inazuma Eleven, and Medarot are proof of this), and based on LBX: Boost having the largest lineup and wait times of any game at Level-5 World, I'm guessing kids are still really interested.

I don't really care about Hino's Gundam. I hoped it would be some cool super robot show with children who want to set the world on fire. Instead I got generic Gundam story 17 with little kids.

Are you arguing ever which anime is more popular or that which game sells more?!! I am a bit confused :D

But, in a maybe hypothetical situation, if you are trying to correlate the two, I believe there's not really that much of a sure fire way to say if an anime is views more so the game will sell more, or vice versa

duckroll

lunchwithyuzo brought up the success level of the cross-media franchises, and we are discussing that. It's not hard to understand if you just read the posts. Unless you don't understand English well? Not sure what's confusing. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
frankie_baby said:
So what does everyone think are the chances of 3ds hardware staying over 100k this week?

No matter what it's probably going to stay high from now until MH3G.

duckroll said:
lunchwithyuzo brought up the success level of the cross-media franchises, and we are discussing that. It's not hard to understand if you just read the posts. Unless you don't understand English well? Not sure what's confusing. :p
I wasn't interested in following and reading your argument as I suspected it was about how popular an anime franchise is, but I wanted to make sure before disregarding them in case they aren't, so I asked.

duckroll

walking fiend said:
I wasn't interested in following and reading your argument as I suspected it was about how popular an anime franchise is, but I wanted to make sure before disregarding them in case they aren't, so I asked.

Next time you're not interested in a discussion, don't bother posting.

Takao said:
As Ducky's said, there's no proof that LBX is that much less popular than IE other than video game sales. The TV ratings have been almost identical since the video game released (with IE taking a 1% or two higher) , which is what I brought up a few months ago. It surprised me that the video game's release actually bolstered the ratings (since prior to that, they were lackluster) since it's usually the other way around. The model kits have been a huge success, as Hino noted at Level-5 World. I'm not sure what's up with the manga, but for what it's worth, CoroCoro is still giving it top billing instead of things like Beyblade, and Pokemon.

As for why I expect growth in LBX's future, I'm getting that from the game's surprisingly decent legs. The game wasn't entirely front loaded and if the release schedule wasn't so packed, it probably would still be charting. I'm also basing growth for it on the conditions that the sequel tends to be the highest seller in series like this (Inazuma Eleven, and Medarot are proof of this), and based on LBX: Boost having the largest lineup and wait times of any game at Level-5 World, I'm guessing kids are still really interested.

I don't really care about Hino's Gundam. I hoped it would be some cool super robot show with children who want to set the world on fire. Instead I got generic Gundam story 17 with little kids.
Yeah, I was looking at rankings rather than ratings, IE/Go and LBX are actually pretty close. IE is also only around a point behind Pokemon these days too, which is interesting.

LBX's ratings didn't significantly change with the game release though, it's rankings did (and actually it was about a month after the game launched even). And I think trying to correlate any real IE1 to IE2 sales trend to LBX is a bit apples/oranges given the differing circumstances of the cross-media promotions for each. IE2 is actually more similar to LBX than IE1 was in that regard.

BTW, do you (or duckroll) know if the 1.5m LBX kits figure is inclusive of the ~400k bundled with the game?

duckroll said:
Next time you're not interested in a discussion, don't bother posting.
I didn't know if I was interested in or not. It was a lengthy discussion and I don't like butting in discussions without reading them, so I wanted to know if I would want to read it or not.

Next time don't bother answering my questions if you can't answer them without making fun out of me, its not like I was imploring for you to answer, put me in your ignore list or something. The answer Takao provided was enough and I am thankful to him.

BurntPork said:
Hm. It might lose a little momentum without any games to push it for three weeks.

There's fab style on the 24th, it could be a total flop or it could do quite well seeing as there aren't many "girls" games on the system yet

duckroll

walking fiend said:
I didn't know if I was interested in or not. It was a lengthy discussion and I don't like butting in discussions without reading them, so I wanted to know if I would want to read it or not.

Next time don't bother answering questions if you can't answer them without making fun out of people, its not like I was imploring for you to answer. The answer Takao provided was enough and I am thankful to him.

Your pathetic attempt to make yourself look like some innocent victim here is frankly disgusting. All you had to do would be to read the post I was originally replying to, and you would see what the discussion was about. It's not a very long post at all. You don't have to read the entire discussion, just one post. You claim you couldn't be bothered to do that, but you could bother to post a question which was phrased in a way which looked like you were making fun of our discussion, complete with emoticons and shit. It is rude as shit.

duckroll said:
Your pathetic attempt to make yourself look like some innocent victim here is frankly disgusting. All you had to do would be to read the post I was originally replying to, and you would see what the discussion was about. It's not a very long post at all. You don't have to read the entire discussion, just one post. You claim you couldn't be bothered to do that, but you could bother to post a question which was phrased in a way which looked like you were making fun of our discussion, complete with emoticons and shit. It is rude as shit.
That's not what I intended at all. I regularly visit sales thread and participate in them quite often, but I am not interested in knowing how popular an anime is if you are not going to correlate it to sales of the games. I wanted to butt in if that was the case.

duckroll

walking fiend said:
That's not what I intended at all. I regularly visit sales thread and participate in them quite often, but I am not interested in knowing how popular an anime is if you are not going to correlate it to sales of the games. I wanted to butt in if that was the case.

I'm sorry if you didn't intend for it that way, but look at how it reads from my point of view. I'm having a discussion with two other people here about the level of success the cross media strategy for Inazuma and LBX have. This is directly tied into the level of exposure of franchise has in general (it is not just limited to the anime, but also all other forms of the franchises), which also relates to how Level 5 plans to keep the fanbase interested between game releases, etc.

Out of nowhere, you butt in (even if you don't want to butt in, you already have by posting such a question) by asking a question in a tone which basically says "lol who cares about this subject", and then you continue by saying that you don't think there is any relation at all, without even reading what we are discussing.

Then you follow that up by proudly stating that you really have no interest in reading our discussion at all, but yet wanted to know if we were discussing something you MIGHT be interested in. That's similar to going "tl;dr, someone summarize the details." which is actually bannable on this forum. It's annoying because instead of asking the question, you can simply read yourself and decide if you are interested in joining the discussion. If you cannot do even that, then it's better to just ignore it and move on to other topics you're interested in.

This is why I am so angry at you right now.

Takao

Banned
lunchwithyuzo said:
BTW, do you (or duckroll) know if the 1.5m LBX kits figure is inclusive of the ~400k bundled with the game?

I wouldn't know, as the only reason I'm aware of that figure is due to Anoop's liveblog of Level-5 World on AndriaSang where Hino said that. Even if it is, selling more than a million separate model kits is still very successful.

duckroll

Takao said:
I wouldn't know, as the only reason I'm aware of that figure is due to Anoop's liveblog of Level-5 World on AndriaSang where Hino said that. Even if it is, selling more than a million separate model kits is still very successful.

I'm not 100% sure, but since there was a news press release about it at the time, and it was specifically about the model kit retail sales, I would imagine it does not include the game sales at all. The model that's bundled with the game is not for sale anyway, and it is not considered a pack-in, but a part of the game's normal packaging. It is also sold in game retailers, and not at toy retailers.

duckroll said:
I'm sorry if you didn't intend for it that way, but look at how it reads from my point of view. I'm having a discussion with two other people here about the level of success the cross media strategy for Inazuma and LBX have. This is directly tied into the level of exposure of franchise has in general (it is not just limited to the anime, but also all other forms of the franchises), which also relates to how Level 5 plans to keep the fanbase interested between game releases, etc.

Out of nowhere, you butt in (even if you don't want to butt in, you already have by posting such a question) by asking a question in a tone which basically says "lol who cares about this subject", and then you continue by saying that you don't think there is any relation at all, without even reading what we are discussing.

Then you follow that up by proudly stating that you really have no interest in reading our discussion at all, but yet wanted to know if we were discussing something you MIGHT be interested in. That's similar to going "tl;dr, someone summarize the details." which is actually bannable on this forum. It's annoying because instead of asking the question, you can simply read yourself and decide if you are interested in joining the discussion. If you cannot do even that, then it's better to just ignore it and move on to other topics you're interested in.

This is why I am so angry at you right now.

I get why you are angry now, sorry about that, but I didn't expect you to get angry when I wrote that, you pulled the trigger too soon. I even intentionally added a ':D' to show my feeling naive and to prevent you understanding something other from it!

I simply thought that if you were actually discussing what I thought, you would ask why I think like that, and I would provide your answer; I would have definitely read your posts carefully then to take up a position which doesn't make sound an idiot that don't know what you had already been discussing or become totally irrelevant. You see, the thing is that there are always lots of discussion going on which you happen to find them way through.

And I didn't say they are not related, I said a 'sure fire' way.

And as I said, I am totally interested in 'game' sale threads. Where should I move?

-btw, before you say something else, I am reading your posts now...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
frankie_baby said:
There's fab style on the 24th, it could be a total flop or it could do quite well seeing as there aren't many "girls" games on the system yet
No one will buy FabStyle for 3DS when it's a simple port of the DS version that comes out the same day.

Mpl90

Comgnet Weekly Sales Ranking

Updated: 14 November 2011 (Mon) 08:00
Index aggregation period: 13 November 2011 ~ November 07, 2011

[PSP] Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-extend - 601pt
[PS3] PS3 Sengoku BASARA3 Feast - 361pt
[PSP] Yuke Edition of my dead body over - 201pt
[3DS] 3D Super Mario Land - 136pt
[Wii] Sengoku BASARA3 Banquet - 122pt
[PSP] Final Fantasy Zero formula - 100pt
[PS3] Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition - 82pt
[Wii] The World Beyond PokePark 2 - 67pt
[PS3] Uncharted - Atlantis sleep in the desert - - 45pt
[PS3] Battlefield 3 - 44pt
[PSP] ~ ~ Limited Edition Commemorative resurrection of the dead body over my Yuke - 43pt
[Wii] Kirby of the Stars Wii - 37pt
[Wii] JUST DANCE Wii (Just Dance Wii) - 20pt
[Wii] GO VACATION (Go Travel) - 20pt
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 17pt
[PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 16pt
[PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best - 16pt
[PSP] NARUTO-Naruto - Shippuuden Narutimate Impact - 15pt
[NDS] Tamagotchi Collection - 15pt
[PS3] PlayStation3 the Best convoy vanished golden sword and Uncharted - 12pt

Comgnet Daily Preorders Ranking

Ranking is closed at November 13, 2011

[3DS] Monster 3G (Limited Edition) - 547pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 361pt
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Subtitled) - 255pt
[3DS] Monster 3G (slide pad Bundle) - 224pt
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam VS Extreme - 209pt
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 126pt
[PS3] Armored Core 5 - 126Pt
[Wii] The Legend of Zelda Sword Ward Sky (with a special CD) - 110pt
[PS3] OG Super Robot Taisen 2 - 106pt
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 95pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIIIヴェルサス - 94Pt
[PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE GEARS OF DESTINY-GOD BOX Limited Edition - 77pt
[PSP] Seventh Dragon 2020 (Limited Edition) - 63pt
[PSP] special government agencies Seventh Dragon 2020 "cloud masses" set decoration only - 61pt
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 53Pt
[Wii] Zelda 25 Pack anniversary Sky Sword Legend of Zelda Sword - 50pt
[PSV] GOLF6 everyone - 49pt
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 47pt
[PSV] Uncharted beginning of an adventure without a map - 39pt
[PS3] Saint Seiya Wing (Limited Edition) - 39pt

MH3G - 771pt
MH3 - 578pt

Mario Kart 7 - 126pt
Mario Kart Wii - 148pt

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 160pt
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 115pt
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 106pt

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 361pt
Final Fantasy XIII - 1203pt

Some things to talk about from the Weekly Sales Ranking
The previous retailer report saw one confirmation e one deconfirmation, maybe

The confirmation

Last year

Basara 3 PS3- 716
Basara 3 Wii- 144

This time

Yes, the ratio has reduced.

A possible deconfirmation

Last week, with its release, Mario 3D Land did 553pt for a 343k FW.
This week, it did 136pt, and following the same ratio, it should do 85k, which is better than Galaxy's second week, but worse than Galaxy 2's one.

Very notable performance for Over My Dead Body: it will royally fuck up my prediction bet :(

Truth101

Banned
Mpl90 said:
Comgnet Weekly Sales Ranking

Index aggregation period: 13 November 2011 ~ November 07, 2011

[PSP] Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-extend - 601pt
[PSP] Yuke Edition of my dead body over - 201pt
[3DS] 3D Super Mario Land - 136pt
[PSP] Final Fantasy Zero formula - 100pt
[PS3] Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition - 82pt
[Wii] The World Beyond PokePark 2 - 67pt
[PS3] Uncharted - Atlantis sleep in the desert - - 45pt
[PS3] Battlefield 3 - 44pt
[PSP] ~ ~ Limited Edition Commemorative resurrection of the dead body over my Yuke - 43pt
[Wii] Kirby of the Stars Wii - 37pt
[Wii] JUST DANCE Wii (Just Dance Wii) - 20pt
[Wii] GO VACATION (Go Travel) - 20pt
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 17pt
[PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 16pt
[PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best - 16pt
[PSP] NARUTO-Naruto - Shippuuden Narutimate Impact - 15pt
[NDS] Tamagotchi Collection - 15pt
[PS3] PlayStation3 the Best convoy vanished golden sword and Uncharted - 12pt

[3DS] Monster 3G (Limited Edition) - 547pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 361pt
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Subtitled) - 255pt
[3DS] Monster 3G (slide pad Bundle) - 224pt
[PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam VS Extreme - 209pt
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 - 126pt
[PS3] Armored Core 5 - 126Pt
[Wii] The Legend of Zelda Sword Ward Sky (with a special CD) - 110pt
[PS3] OG Super Robot Taisen 2 - 106pt
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 95pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIIIヴェルサス - 94Pt
[PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE GEARS OF DESTINY-GOD BOX Limited Edition - 77pt
[PSP] Seventh Dragon 2020 (Limited Edition) - 63pt
[PSP] special government agencies Seventh Dragon 2020 "cloud masses" set decoration only - 61pt
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 53Pt
[Wii] Zelda 25 Pack anniversary Sky Sword Legend of Zelda Sword - 50pt
[PSV] GOLF6 everyone - 49pt
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 47pt
[PSV] Uncharted beginning of an adventure without a map - 39pt
[PS3] Saint Seiya Wing (Limited Edition) - 39pt

MH3G - 771pt
MH3 - 578pt

Mario Kart 7 - 126pt
Mario Kart Wii - 148pt

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - 160pt
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 115pt
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 106pt

Some things to talk about from the Weekly Sales Ranking
The previous retailer report saw one confirmation e one deconfirmation, maybe

The confirmation

Last year

Basara 3 PS3- 716
Basara 3 Wii- 144

This time

Yes, the ratio has reduced.

A possible deconfirmation

Last week, with its release, Mario 3D Land did 553pt for a 343k FW.
This week, it did 136pt, and following the same ratio, it should do 85k, which is better than Galaxy's second week, but worse than Galaxy 2's one.

Very notable performance for Over My Dead Body: it will royally fuck up my prediction bet :(

Awful comparison, Mario has a lot more mainstream appeal that wouldn't be reflected in Comgnet charts.

Mpl90

Truth101 said:
Awful comparison, Mario has a lot more mainstream appeal that wouldn't be reflected in Comgnet charts.

Eh, I know, but these are just theories based on the charts.
We'll see.
However, I found also Galaxy 2's second week on Comgnet: 194pt, while it did 614pt.
Let's see if it follows the Galaxy 2 trend, or if it will not care about it, and do a better second week than Galaxy 2 did. XD

But, there's one thing we need to say.
NINOKUNI WHYYYYYYYYYYYY :( :( :(

Truth101

Banned
Mpl90 said:
Eh, I know, but these are just theories based on the charts.
We'll see.
However, I found also Galaxy 2's second week on Comgnet: 194pt, while it did 614pt.
Let's see if it follows the Galaxy 2 trend, or if it will not care about it, and do a better second week than Galaxy 2 did. XD

But, there's one thing we need to say.
NINOKUNI WHYYYYYYYYYYYY :( :( :
(

Nothing has indicated it would do better than on the DS, in fact I'd be surprised if it even came close to matching the DS game's sales.

saichi

Truth101 said:
Nothing has indicated it would do better than on the DS, in fact I'd be surprised if it even came close to matching the DS game's sales.

it would be considered a huge success if it comes anywhere close to DS numbers. NOt sure if it will even reach half of DS numbers LT.

Truth101

Banned
saichi said:
it would be considered a huge success if it comes anywhere close to DS numbers. NOt sure if it will even reach half of DS numbers LT.

Yeah, I don't know why some people think that it being a PS3 game will magically increase the game's sales.

The DS has the largest user-base in Japan and has also been the one system where RPGs have actually been able to sell well on. Also, with a game like Ni No Kuni that garners a lot of its attention from mainstream appeal being on the DS just makes it more viable.

Dalthien

Mpl90 said:

Comgnet numbers aren't terribly reliable on an absolute basis - but this discrepancy definitely stands out as alarming. And the gap keeps growing larger as the launch nears.

Will be very interesting to watch how this launch plays out...

Never expected Nino to under perform, it seems like a the perfect fit for the PS3. But I guess bad word of mouth and being a semi/late/port whatever you want to call it is going to affect it.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Anything close to 100k is a great second week for Mario. 3DS doesn't have the userbase for a game to keep selling 6-figures numbers numbers week after week.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wonder how much Ninokuni would have to sell to be considered a success for Level 5. For a big budget RPG like this anything below 500K shipped will probably be seen as a failure.

At least they will have additional western sales for this version of Ninokuni.

Takao

Banned
BishopLamont said:
Never expected Nino to under perform, it seems like a the perfect fit for the PS3. But I guess bad word of mouth and being a semi/late/port whatever you want to call it is going to affect it.

It's as much of a port as Final Fantasy XIII-2 is.

Spiegel

lunchwithyuzo said:
Why are people saying Ninokuni PS3 bombed? Is it the comg no show?

Yeah. I think it's unprecedented for a game to be a no show on comgnet and also have good first week sales.

Everything is pointing to a major bomba.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Spiegel said:
Yeah. I think it's unprecedented for a game to be a no show on comgnet and also have good first week sales.

Everything is pointing to a major bomba.

Yikes- I did not even realize that. Yeah, if a PS3 RPG doesn't make it onto comgnet, its gonna bomb.

Didn't know Ninokuni DS had such a bad reputation and I sure as hell didn't know the Level 5 userbase is starting to get quality-sensitive and resentful. Why could WKC2 sell more than 10k copies? :lol

NeonZ

Making a "FFXIII-2" was a stupid idea in the first place.

Even if they had to reuse assets for the next game, they should have just used basic world building pieces, animation, engine and minor npc models, however, they should have tried to brand it as a new game, with an all new cast and story, not a FFXIII sequel.

duckroll

NeonZ said:
Making a "FFXIII-2" was a stupid idea in the first place.

Even if they had to reuse assets for the next game, they should have just used basic world building pieces, animation, engine and minor npc models, however, they should have tried to brand it as a new game, with an all new cast and story, not a FFXIII sequel.

Yes, god forbid the creators of the game actually wanted to develop the world and characters and give fans what they want. Nope, nevermind all that, because NeonZ didn't like FFXIII, it is a stupid idea to make a sequel!!! Lolz.

Top Bottom