• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2013 (Oct 28 - Nov 03)

I've been skipping these threads for a while:
- was there an explicit reason why the Wii U dropped to 2k last week besides "it continued doing badly"?
- is the bump attributed to Wii U Party (bundle)?

I'm pretty sure it was mostly because people were waiting for the bundles to hit the shelves...along with no real system seller yet.

crinale

Keep in mind it's a port of a game released for the PS3 MONTHS ago.

I'm actually kind of surprised it sold as decently as it did.

Yeah PS3 version's like $10-20 at the bargain bin (used).
Provided that PS3 did get free update to receive exact same content as the Vita version, I'm surprised people actually bought Vita version for like $60.

daxgame

okay I eat crow on WiiU.
Well, color me surprised. But I still feel it will drop like a rock next week. Vita seems to be entering christmas very well too... :)

wrowa

I've been skipping these threads for a while:
- was there an explicit reason why the Wii U dropped to 2k last week besides "it continued doing badly"?
- is the bump attributed to Wii U Party (bundle)?

Nintendo released a bundle with Wii Party U and NSMBU. People waited for its release before picking up the console, since it offers a vastly better value than before.

Kid Ying

Ah, so the bundles are donwload codes and not fisical games?
So that's why Media Create counted the bundle in hardware numbers but not in software sales.
I didn't knew the bundles were download codes. That's really crazy, since Wii Party U wasn't in the top 20 of all time on the Wii U last week. It was only on the top 20 of exclusive wiiu software (not counting virtual consoles) just above 101.

I guess it was because the buyers didn't download it yet. 30k to enter that top would be insane.

Yeah PS3 version's like $10-20 at the bargain bin (used).
Provided that PS3 did get free update to receive exact same content as the Vita version, I'm surprised people actually bought Vita version for like $60.

That's the big thing too. I'm fairly sure EVERY store in the country is selling the game at 2,000 yen max. Even my local expensive places hjave the PS3 version priced at 2,000.

The Vita version actually selling that much threw me off. Hahaha. Thank goodness the game has internet crossplay with the PS3 folks too.

3k bump for Vita is pretty shitty considering the Gundam and Game Pack bundle.

SHtTkTM.jpg

Is that a custom vita or a snap-on?

Blue-kun

3k bump for Vita is pretty shitty considering the Gundam and Game Pack bundle.

SHtTkTM.jpg
iqE0ySt.jpg

I don't think anyone expected Gundam Breaker to magically make the Vita sell twice of what it's been selling, bundle or not. It's still a five months old game that's avaible on the PS3, so... yeah, wasn't going to happen.

Good showing for the Wii U, though. I heard the bundles were advertised pretty heavily, so certainly Nintendo must be happy with these numbers. The big question is whether it'll hold out for a few weeks or not.

Anyway, end of the year should be interesting. Vita TV, God Eater 2, Mario and what not. Hopefully we'll get at least a few weeks where the market actually seems healthy.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Nintendo getting their acts together right on time for year's end sales spike. I'm optimistic about its value proposition now, I believe it will sustain good sales.

Moreso with this coming:

11/21
Super Mario 3D World
Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version

Yanikun

Banned
Wii U plus the (Famitsu) Wii Party U performance make me

tumblr_mpwmk3o8Ap1s7mdj8o1_250.gif

Of course this is just a spike for now. It's still good to see that there's an audience on the Wii U for something like Wii Party and that people saw the value of the bundles that were coming.

EDIT: Love the major NSMBU bump as well. It shows the game sells, it's just that it can't push systems on its own, it's the system sales that can push it.

wrowa

Wont be long.

We'll likely see sales fall back to 20k or something next week, then something above 10k the week after it, before it starts picking up again due to 3D World and the general year-end period. The Wii U should be able to stay above 10k for the rest of the year, I think.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Watch Wii-U sink like a stone again next week, really doubt it will hold.

I expected less of a bump though, so 38k is still pretty impressive .

Keep in mind it's a port of a game released for the PS3 MONTHS ago.

I'm actually kind of surprised it sold as decently as it did.
But most Vita games are late ports, lol. This one has more content too, plus the anime popularity as pointed by Tsutaya. Anyway I'm not talking about Gundam, I'm talking about Vita itself. That bump is pretty miserable.

Let's see if Akiba Trip can push more hardware, but next week is the week before God Eater 2 so a big bump is inevitable.

Bruno MB

AEJv0nW.png

Code:
[WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) {2006.12.02} - 176.880 / 3.726.556
[WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) {206.12.02} - 171.888 / 2.804.201
[WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) {2007.12.01} - 254.009 / 3.561.787
[WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) {2008.10.16} - 98.865 / 424.192
[WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) {2009.06.25} - 353.827 / 3.127.304
[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) {2009.10.01} - 318.755 / 2.399.868
[WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) {2010.07.08} - 223.595 / 2.361.016
[WII] Wii Play: Motion (Nintendo) {2011.07.07} - 17.316 / 152.333
[B][WIU] Wii Party U (Nintendo) {2013.10.31} - 79.715 / NEW[/B]

Kid Ying

The sucess of the bundles gives me hope that Taiko will also do well. Wiiu needs it.

Nintendo usually releases it's eshop rankings today too. I'm eager to look at it, specially to see if Party entered the top 20. If that means sales as big as 30k for everything in that list, download sales are pretty big for a couple of games.

wg7buSP.png

Code:
[WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) {2006.12.02} - 176.880 / 3.726.556
[WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) {206.12.02} - 171.888 / 2.804.201
[WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) {2007.12.01} - 254.009 / 3.561.787
[WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) {2008.10.16} - 98.865 / 424.192
[WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) {2009.06.25} - 353.827 / 3.127.304
[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) {2009.10.01} - 318.755 / 2.399.868
[WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) {2010.07.08} - 223.595 / 2.361.016
[WII] Wii Play: Motion (Nintendo) {2011.07.07} - 17.316 / 152.333
[B][WIU] Wii Party U (Nintendo) {2013.10.31} - 79.715 / NEW[/B]

This puts it into perspective. Anyone who thinks the Wii audience is going to come back, including Iwata, is delusional.

But most Vita games are late ports, lol. This one has more content too, plus the anime popularity as pointed by Tsutaya. Anyway I'm not talking about Gundam, I'm talking about Vita itself. That bump is pretty miserable.

This doesn't have more content though? PS3 version got a free patch the same day adding all the stuff. And it's 2,000 yen compared to 6,000+. That was never gonna move systems so much as it was going to help the Vita not drop. I imagine the anime being good helped the thing sell more than a handful of copies, if anything. Hahaha.

Also, on the Japanese end of the internet at least, Gundam Breaker is considered a kusoge through and through. One loved dearly, but a kusoge none the less.

Donos

OT but I can't find the source of that gif even on reverse image search. It sounds like a interesting story. I wonder what happened next.

I think that's from Johnny Knoxvilles new movie Jackass: Bad Grandpa.

Nice Vita hold. Going to be interesting to see Wii Us next week numbers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
~80k for Wii Party U is also highly surprising to me

How is the Pokemon hold looking compared to the others?

crinale

Let's see if Akiba Trip can push more hardware, but next week is the week before God Eater 2 so a big bump is inevitable.

Like I said PS3 and Vita version are exactly the same...
Also, anime has actually not related to this game at all (ads are aired during the show, that's all).

This doesn't have more content though? PS3 version got a free patch the same day adding all the stuff. And it's 2,000 yen compared to 6,000+. That was never gonna move systems so much as it was going to help the Vita not drop. I imagine the anime being good helped the thing sell more than a handful of copies, if anything. Hahaha.

Also, on the Japanese end of the internet at least, Gundam Breaker is considered a kusoge through and through. One loved dearly, but a kusoge none the less.

Hey I'm enjoying that game :p But seriously, I agree it's not game for everyone.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This puts it into perspective. Anyone who thinks the Wii audience is going to come back, including Iwata, is delusional.

Its even a little more counterproductive when counting the bundle numbers as "sales", but thats always the way. Wii Party U sold <40k to current owners, and provided extra value to 40k bundle buyers.

Its going to be a nightmare ever working out what Wii Fit U's effect is going to be with free trials and peripherals in the mix.

Top Bottom