• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 44, 2016 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 45 2016

01./00. [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star <ACT> (Marvelous)
02./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star <ACT> (Marvelous)
03./00. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks)

04./01. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Legacy Edition) <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
05./02. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./03. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
07./05. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
08./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design <ETC> (Takara Tomy)
09./00. [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Regalia Box for PlayStation Vita) <ACT> (Marvelous)

10./04. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco)
11./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Regalia Box for PlayStation 4) <ACT> (Marvelous)
12./06. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
13./07. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
14./09. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco)
15./11. [PS4] Titanfall 2 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
16./00. [3DS] Beyblade Burst <ACT> (FuRyu)
17./13. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./12. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories <RPG> (Capcom)
19./08. [PS4] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey <RPG> (Koei Tecmo)
20./15. [PS4] Mafia III <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
[3DS] Final Fantasy Explorers <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.12.18} (¥6.264) - 265.587

[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories # <RPG> (Capcom) {2016.10.08} (¥5.800) - 254.083

TszqA1U.gif

Sadly we don't get demographic information. I'd be curious to see if the difference was driven by attracting more older fans or reaching more children.

So if Sun and Moon opens with around the same sales as X/Y I have hard time to see Sun and Moon having legs to outsell X/Y considering the life stage of 3DS.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect was revealed by its closed beta test: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314201

It reminds me most of Final Fantasy Grandmasters. You play one character from a character creator. High effort production values for a mobile game. You can join in random fights that other people are having and have up to five abilities based on your class.

It doesn't seem to retain much of the original series' combat system though, which is unfortunate, but not surprising.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So if Sun and Moon opens with around the same sales as X/Y I have hard time to see Sun and Moon having legs to outsell X/Y considering the life stage of 3DS.

Which is why i expect a Switch version next year to prolong it legs. Will be interested to see how it performs over the next months.

Fdkn

TPC released B&W2 after 3DS was already on the market.
They never released the Z Version everyone anticipated from the half-made XY games
I'd say its better to not expect anything from them, as obvious as a Switch version should seem, they always manage to negatively surprise.

Busaiku

They never released the Z Version everyone anticipated from the half-made XY games
I'd say its better to not expect anything from them, as obvious as a Switch version should seem, they always manage to negatively surprise.
The market is very different now than 4 years ago, things could definitely change.
I mean, we didn't even get the expanded versions of X/Y.

zeromcd73

Sun&Moon selling less than X/Y would be disappointing, but since its Japan and the traditional gaming scene is fucked it isn't too surprising.
B&W2 was playable on a 3DS though. From what we know about Switch, Sun&Moon won't be which makes the situations very different. Not to mention the market changes and how much GameFreak seems to be trying new things as well lately.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Which is why i expect a Switch version next year to prolong it legs. Will be interested to see how it performs over the next months.

It needs a lot of try for Sun/Moon to have worse legs and LTD from X/Y in Japan even if Switch versions are announced in January (which is unlikely).

Err... is there really a market for PKMN ports so soon after release?

SM is going to sell close to 5 million copies, not many potential buyers left for a Switch version.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 45, 2016 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

01./00. [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star <ACT> (Marvelous)
02./00. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks)
03./01. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Legacy Edition) <ACT> (Sony Interactive)
04./00. [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
05./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star <ACT> (Marvelous)
06./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
07./02. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco)
08./03. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
09./00. [3DS] Beyblade Burst <ACT> (FuRyu)
10./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design <ETC> (Takara Tomy)
11./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design (Gorgeous Pack) <ETC> (Takara Tomy)
12./18. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
13./09. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo)
14./10. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories <RPG> (Capcom)
15./17. [PS4] Titanfall 2 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
16./22. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
17./04. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare <ACT> (Sony Interactive)
18./20. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Interactive)
19./01. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco)
20./15. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 45, 2016 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

01./02. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
02./01. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
03./03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX <ACT> (Capcom)
05./17. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
06./08. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco)
07./13. [PS4] Yakuza 6: Poetry of Life <ACT> (Sega)
08./12. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco)
09./09. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! <TBL> (Nintendo)
10./11. [PSV] Saga Scarlet Grace <RPG> (Square Enix)

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 44, 2016 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

L~A

Some 3DS news...

PawaPro Heroes (3DS) trailer and Mario collab.

Attack on Titan ADV game out on March 30th. Teaser.

&#332;kami;224489601 said:
Minecraft Vita bundle, Sony Store only, limited quantities.

Releasing on December 6th, 27.700 yen.

Of all the bundles NOT to release as a Sony Store exclusive... and they just revealed their Christmas commercial. Makes no sense.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom now a LOCK!

Just waiting for PC Engine Classic Mini now:)

Or better yet - Nintendo Classic Mini: Gameboy Advance.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sorry for the double post, but it's important.

Famicom Mini sales: 262,961

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/15120647.html

That's a lot more than what I was expecting, and a pretty sizeable first week shipment on top of that. This makes me even more curious about worldwide sales: I wonder if Nintendo will issue a statement on them before late Janary (when the next investor meeting is happening).

L~A

Well, that's just a tiny bit more than 30k.

I'm always wary of JP numbers (with their thousands and ten of thousands), but Famitsu wrote it in full numbers, so it really was over 260k.

Then again, I guess they wouldn't have bothered with a preliminary sales report if it hadn't sold a significant amount. Wasn't expecting one for the Famicom Mini of all things, tbh.

BriBri

I'm always wary of JP numbers (with their thousands and ten of thousands), but Famitsu wrote it in full numbers, so it really was over 260k.

Then again, I guess they wouldn't have bothered with a preliminary sales report if it hadn't sold a significant amount. Wasn't expecting one for the Famicom Mini of all things, tbh.
I thought it was 26,000 first too!

Vena

WOW, so Nintendo had some printing money tricks in their pockets without realizing it, really pumped if this can lead to SNES and N64 minis!!

Wasn't the original NES Mini project an NST idea in its entirety (and was so well liked that it spawned this)? Probably propelled them up a few notches in the eyes of the higher-ups.

They knocked it out of the park.

hiska-kun

Well, that's just a tiny bit more than 30k.

The rumored 30k shipment that I posted before has a little mistake. the usual blog gave us a hint saying that Famicon Mini shipment was:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01IETZG6G/

You can read "San Jeruman" in katakana there. Since san means 3 in japanese and man means 10,000, I thought that the original shipment was 30,000. Jeru doesn't mean anything in japanese, that's why I ignored that part. However, if instead of Jeru, you remove some letters, you get JerU that means 10 (Juu).

So, and the end you get 30 ten thousands = 300,000 (San Juu Man).

Sorry for the mistake before.

Original post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224036250

wrowa

The rumored 30k shipment that I posted before has a little mistake. the usual blog gave us a hint saying that Famicon Mini shipment was:

You can read "San Jeruman" in katakana there. Since san means 3 in japanese and man means 10,000, I thought that the original shipment was 30,000. Jeru doesn't mean anything in japanese, that's why I ignored that part. However, if instead of Jeru, you remove some letters, you get JerU that means 10 (Juu).

So, and the end you get 30 ten thousands, so 300,000.

Original post:

No reason to apologize, figuring out puzzles is tough. I'm just amused by how unpredictable this thing is: No one seemed to have thought that 30k is an unlikely low number and yet here we are with sales almost 10 times as high. Kinda refreshing, really.

Original post:

nah it's ok. doubt anyone would expect that jeru->ju trick in a glance and didn't do that mistake as well

L~A

Original post:

I knew that 30k was a bit small for the FW shipment, but I can see why someone would fall for that "trick" (would a native speaker even notice it?). And it was definitely tempting to believe Nintendo had really underestimated demand (well... they actually did, in fact), so I don't think your 'mistake' is worth apologising for.

I wonder if Media Create will share data, and if either track will share weekly data (doubt it, but we can hope).

hiska-kun

So moving on to the next blog's puzzle, here are the hints.

First hint

The first link shows you: Professionals, it's obvious that he is talking about PRO sales.

Then, there're two links more:

Second link
Third link

The second link, isn't clear, you can read Fantasia in katakana. At first I thought it was related to Final Fantasy, but it's not released yet, so it's unlikely.
The third link is quite easy, it says 27000. That's why one would think PRO = 27000.

But coming back to the second link, there is a part where you can read roku go maru ni, in other words (6502).

I don't know if we have to consider 65k (maybe total sales for PS4), and 27k are PRO's sales. Or maybe PRO's sales are 65k, and 27k is for the slim model.

I think the second theory makes more sense...

L~A

So moving on to the next blog's puzzle, here are the hints.

First hint

The first link shows you: Professionals, it's obvious that he is talking about PRO sales.

Then, there're two links more:

Second link
Third link

The second link, isn't clear, you can read Fantasia in katakana. At first I thought it was related to Final Fantasy, but it's not released yet, so it's unlikely.
The third link is quite easy, it says 27000. That's why one would think PRO = 27000.

But coming back to the second link, there is a part where you can read roku go maru ni[/b], in other words (6502).

I don't know if we have to consider 65k (maybe total sales for PS4), and 27k are PRO's sales. Or maybe PRO's sales are 65k, and 27k is for the slim model.

I think the second theory makes more sense...

Hmm... the PS4 Pro is expensive, so 65k would be an impressive result.

Celine

No reason to apologize, figuring out puzzles is tough. I'm just amused by how unpredictable this thing is: No one seemed to have thought that 30k is an unlikely low number and yet here we are with sales almost 10 times as high. Kinda refreshing, really.
Since when it was announced I believed the NES/Famicon Classic Mini was going to do exceptionally well (easily in the millions) however it's painfully obvious that sales are tied to the available shipments because demand is outstripping offer by a big margin (basically it's sellout since day one).
No one can really guess how many units Nintendo had shipped or will ship.

EDIT:
I also think that the core market for this kind of initiative is the US market and I expect most of the shipments to go toward that market.

hiska-kun

Blogs like GamesMaya reported that the next Famicon Mini shipment is planned for December. That means that total sell-through numbers won't be higher than 300k in november.

Takao

Banned
How is possible Famitsu gives numbers for Famicom Mini but not PS4 Pro?

One's going to be mentioned in their weekly coverage going forward. The other won't be.

I don't think Sony wants the press to run "Famicom outsells PS4 Pro in launch week 10 to 1" headlines.

L~A

Since when it was announced I believed the NES/Famicon Classic Mini was going to do exceptionally well (easily in the millions) however it's painfully obvious that sales are tied to the available shipments because demand is outstripping offer by a big margin (basically it's sellout since day one).
No one can really guess how many units Nintendo had shipped or will ship.

EDIT:
I also think that the core market for this kind of initiative is the US market and I expect most of the shipments to go toward that market.

Yeah, I remember you being very optimistic, and looks like you were right. 1m worldwide definitely is possible (as long as they get that lil' supply/demand thing sorted out, that is)

About US being the core market, I dunno... they seem to have shipped even less units for Day 1. Obviously, that's just a rough impression, as we don't have any sort of data for US.

How is possible Famitsu gives numbers for Famicom Mini but not PS4 Pro?

Maybe there will be a separate report tomorrow morning, before full numbers are out?

Top Bottom