• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2012 (Nov 05 - Nov 11)

I don't think those synergies are as significant as you think. Also don't think Japan would really care about that stuff. I'm skeptical of Wii U's success in Japan. I figure it'll have a really nice start and then taper off considerably until next Fall.

Based on what facts?

Hammer24

Banned
I've said this so many times but this line of thought simply doesn't make sense any more. The 3DS's biggest competition is coming from smartphones and tablets, it doesn't matter if the vita is canned tomorrow the 3DS will still have heaps of competition.

This is true, but not my point. I´m arguing from a dev standpoint. And for a dev its still two different markets if you develop for a fleshed out handheld with higher dev costs and higher game prices; or small phone/tablet games.

It's not as if the consumer really had a tough time when the PS1 or PS2 were dominating either. If anything having an extremely healthy dominant platform seems to be great for the development of quality games.

In the ongoing generation, yes, absolutely.
But what happens in the next? Will Ninty get as complacent as Sony got aftre PS1/2? No one knows, but I´d argue its always a risk that the clearcut winner might want to rest on the laurels.

It's not going to get much better for Vita through the holidays.
The next batch fairly steady software releases does't start until the end of January.
...and even then, it's comprised of mostly niche titles. Cool by me, but niche users alone can't sustain this thing.

Phazon

Also don't forget that next year we'll really see the effect of canceled development for Vita games and the switch to 3DS games. (a lot of Japanese devs did it a while ago, according to some sources)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is true, depending on if they used the 4gb standard cartridge or the supposed 8gb cartridges unless those were only rumored to be in use.

Shouldn't FF Type 0 be a good fit for the 4GB cartridge? Unless they decide to add lots of bonuses.

demidar

Is Japan really into actual tablets? If not, then Wii U could have enough novelty to really extent the tail of its sales. But since Wii U is completely different from every previous console (except maybe the Dreamcast, hah) it's pretty hard to pin down what will happen. I still think it will sell the most in the next generation though simply because I think we've hit the point of 'good enough' for the masses.

tmarques

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2012 (Nov 05 - Nov 11)

03./00. [360] Halo 4 # <ACT> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2012.11.08} (¥7.140) - 39.312 / NEW

07./00. [PS3] Silent Hill: Downpour <ADV> (Konami) {2012.11.08} (¥6.980) - 13.516 / NEW

If this doesn't tell Konami something's wrong...

Based on what facts?
I've partnered with Famitsu to conduct a survey of over 30,000 prospective Wii U owners in Japan and the resu- obviously it's just a hunch, the same can be said about those features being significant. Other consoles have had global IDs and lots of other online functionality for years and that didn't help resurrect the console market over there, so I don't think those factors will help the Wii U. The software, as is usually the case, will be the driving factor. Mario, Pokemon, DQ, whatever they can churn out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
i literally chuckled XD

LOL ;p

Oh, you...

2346514-oh_you_super.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Shouldn't FF Type 0 be a good fit for the 4GB cartridge? Unless they decide to add lots of bonuses.

4gb cartridge will work fine. The game itself was only 3.21 gb.

Extra stuff can easily be added. The bulk of the space was really the cg stuff.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it hilarious that a few people on GAF still insist that the 3DS isn't "doing well." It's doing fine. It only looks bad when compared to the insane GBA/DS sales, those of which we will never see again.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
18./12. [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience W <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.10.18} (¥4.980) - 5.695 / 118.767 (-42%)

Do you think guys that the 3DS episode could really sell better than this, at the end?
It started better, but seems to have a weaker weekly rhythm..

I find it hilarious that a few people on GAF still insist that the 3DS isn't "doing well." It's doing fine. It only looks bad when compared to the insane GBA/DS sales, those of which we will never see again.

It's doing great in Japan, but Nintendo needs it to do better elsewhere.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are you referring to me? Instead of being passive aggressive, just say so. I didn't say it wasn't dominating Japan. If that wasn't meant for me, nvm.

Actually, no. I didn't recall you feeling that way. I was referring to other people in the last NPD thread.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Chris, a question: when will you release the brand new database?

Plinko

It's doing great in Japan, but Nintendo needs it to do better elsewhere.

It IS doing well elsewhere. I don't get why people say otherwise. It also only has one holiday season, where at this point in its lifespan DS had two.

As always, games will be the key to continuing the success.

18./12. [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience W <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.10.18} (¥4.980) - 5.695 / 118.767 (-42%)

Do you think guys that the 3DS episode could really sell better than this, at the end?
It started better, but seems to have a weaker weekly rhythm..

Yes the 3ds game will sell better when all is said and done, its still in the chart (well it was 35 last week, I guess we'll still see it when we get the top 50) more than 4 months after release

enishi

But the Best version releases tomorrow, so what's that?

Original wording from Famitsu
&#12514;&#12531;&#12473;&#12479;&#12540;&#12495;&#12531;&#12479;&#12540;3&#65288;&#12488;&#12521;&#12452;&#65289;G &#12497;&#12483;&#12463;&#12304;&#12459;&#12503;&#12467;&#12531;&#12305; 3DS &#12450;&#12463;&#12471;&#12519;&#12531; 2012&#24180;11&#26376;01&#26085;
21800&#20870;&#65339;&#31246;&#36796;&#65341;

From the price, it should be the 3DS LL Black bundled with MH3G (digital)

Plinko

Well, to be fair, the 3DS isn't exactly hot in NA, like it is in Japan. But it's not a cold fish like the Vita either though.

"Hot?" No. But it's still selling well and at a great pace compared with the original DS/GBA and in a market oversaturated with mobile devices, something the GBA/DS didn't have to deal with.

We'll never see another game handheld reach GBA/DS sales levels.

Why did you purposely not answer his question? Seems a little weird, to say the least.

Anyways, the vita is as good as dead in Japan, there's nothing in the pipeline before the end of the year that will change its fortunes in Japan. Hell there's nothing in the pipeline next year that will change its fortunes either.

Is doing well in Japan, in the rest of the world, not so well...

I love my Vita but it's done........and Sony could care less. At least Nintendo saw 3DS wasn't selling and decided to drop the price drastically. Sony is just like, 'screw it, let it burn'. No one is going to make software for a system that sells like this unless Sony moneyhats.

Claymores

Banned
Vita is well and truely screwed now, after next week it doesn't really have any new releases until well into next year, I can see it sinking into the 1-2k mark even in the christmas period.

Top Bottom