• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2016 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

Camaway2

So the Famicom Mini outsold all other consoles this week by quite a margin this week?
Nintendo is ruling Japan😄😄😄

hiska-kun

By the way, no blog leak regarding Pokémon shipment? I know there's no Day 1 sell-through since it's not a Thursday release, but hopefully we get something about the shipment.

The blog hasn't updated, neither the sell-through for other games released on thursday (anything relevant was launched though).

Maybe too busy selling pokemon lol

horuhe

Do you hink the rumour of a Switch version of new Pokemon hitting next year is going to hurt the legs of the game?

Nintendo Level-5ing Pokémon? I don't think so. They will be intelligent enough to assure summer legs for Sun and Moon. Stars (if it's the case) should be released in December at least, when Sun and Moon possibly fall by their own weight.

noshten

Nintendo Level-5ing Pokémon? I don't think so. They will be intelligent enough to assure summer legs for Sun and Moon. Stars (if it's the case) should be release in November or December, when Sun and Moon possibly fall by their own weight.

Yeah, I don't buy the new version is going to hurt the legs for Sun and Moon for November and December but I think it might be a factor long term.
Depends on how quickly people adopt the Switch and how quickly 3DS/2DS stop being relevant for kids.

Nintendo Level-5ing Pokémon? I don't think so. They will be intelligent enough to assure summer legs for Sun and Moon. Stars (if it's the case) should be release in December, when Sun and Moon possibly fall by their own weight.

The original rumour from a while back was that gamefreak were making a Pokemon game for NX due within 6 months of launch, so idk.

L~A

Nintendo Level-5ing Pokémon? I don't think so. They will be intelligent enough to assure summer legs for Sun and Moon. Stars (if it's the case) should be released in December at least, when Sun and Moon possibly fall by their own weight.

Yeah, I don't think the announcement is going to hurt sales as much as I've heard some people claim. Yes, that's a third version coming, but you will need to buy a ~300€ device to play it, so it's not like Yo-kai Watch 3 which is on the same platform.

It's definitely going to have an impact on the long run, but 2016 sales won't be hurt much. I don't think all the little kids getting the game at Christmas will care about the Switch version (if they're even aware of the rumour in the first place). Parents also don't care/don't follow gaming news closely enough for that.

The blog hasn't updated, neither the sell-through for other games released on thursday (anything relevant was launched though).

Maybe too busy selling pokemon lol

Yeah, I imagine today was a really busy day for them, and since it's been a while since the last major release like this one, they may have gotten out of shape ;)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Even if the new Pokemon for Switch is indeed Sun / Moon and not Eclipse it's a game that is one year away and won't be mentioned at January event. It's a leak Nintendo wouldn't want to happen right at the launch but it will have minimal impact at sales until it becomes official next year.

Vena

Switch should have an interesting first year given the leaks. Splatoon 1.5 pack-in/launch title, 3D Mario, Pokemon, and, potentially, MHXX at launch and DQXI not far off in the distance assuming SE doesn't forget to release it in 2017.

Even if the new Pokemon for Switch is indeed Sun / Moon and not Eclipse it's a game that is one year away and won't be mentioned at January event. It's a leak Nintendo wouldn't want to happen right at the launch but it will have minimal impact at sales until it becomes official next year.

Leak seems to confirm that it is a different version/game. I'm thinking this is more like BW -> BW2 just... not on the DS when the 3DS is already out, sort of scenario.

saichi

Switch should have an interesting first year given the leaks. Splatoon 1.5 pack-in/launch title, 3D Mario, Pokemon, and, potentially, MHXX at launch and DQXI not far off in the distance assuming SE doesn't forget to release it in 2017.

And a Mario RPG!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Might as well take a shot at it, my predictions generally are way off:

[PS4] Hardware (7 days) - 76,000
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV (6 days) - 590,000

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
3.) Konami has launched Yu-gi-oh: Duel Links in Japan (and seemingly globally on Android?). It will be interesting to see how that one does, since Konami is strong in mobile, but pretty much only with sports titles.
4.) Gung-Ho has launched their newest game, Seventh Rebirth. It looks very high effort, as is probably best depicted by this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STMQYLKiRo. It will be interesting to see if they can get another hit going, since they've struggled with that a lot.

Yu-gi-oh is doing pretty reasonably. Gung-Ho's game isn't a disaster, but it's not exactly blowing me away for presumably being their only new major title this year.

Capcom's Monster Hunter Stories match-3 game is also out, but I'd be really surprised if that went anywhere long term.

I don't think there are any other notable releases from traditional-ish publishers until Super Mario Run, but I could be wrong.

L~A

Who developed Seventh Rebirth, by the way?
As for Otomon Drop Monster Hunter Stories, looks like a short-termish game to promote the anime series/3DS game, not really something they expect to be a major hit in itself.

Just looked at Dengeki data, and they report ~279 000 units sold for the Famicom Mini. That's... quite the difference with Famitsu / MC. 95% sell-through ratio, no surprise here.

Also, looks like they're not tracking the PS4 Pro separately either (I mean, in their Hardware chart). I hope Famitsu's data wasn't a one-time affair.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/413/1413966/

Ōkami

On the Dengeki software charts, PS4 is now 1 million units above Wii U (13.6m against 12.6m).

I've said before how PS4 software is doing much better than what it did last year, but it's also doing much better than what the Vita ever did, by the end of the year todal Vita retail software sales should be around 21.5 million tops, while the PS4 could be around 17.5 million, with 10 million or so sold this year.

3DS eclipses everything though, with Pokemon 3DS retail software sales will be above 100 million.

Hmmm, last week I pointed out that the top10 was exclusively a sony thing but they said me to look at hardware

so, let's take a look :

sony : 102,601

nintendo : 32,448

microsoft : 125

yes, clearly a nintendomination also this week

ps :
don't tell me about famicom mini cause 1) it's a closed system which runs only 30 games from 30 years ago, 2) it's priced as a wiiu game

noshten

I mean I honestly think Nintendo is eyeing 10 million Switch sales in Japan by the end of the year as a best case scenario. A lot depends on the price but I kinda of think this is pretty much their only hope - strong launch with a lot of addoption from existing 3DS owners at a faster pace than prior generation. I mean realistically do you think people playing SmartPhone games are going to get a Switch Tablet instead in Japan - it's possible but it depends on the price. Really for Japan the whole console factor isn't of much importance - it's just the portabiltity and established frenchises like Pokemon(already leaked), Animal Crossing(which I assume is going to be announced/released by the end of next year) which will also be co-marketed by some sort of mobile game/app they already annouced, Mario Kart Port which was the second best selling game on the Wii U and continues to sell on the 3DS the newest hit Splatoon going handheld and providing lan, a new Mario that we know nothing about and the biggest 3rd party games in Japan(MH, YW) - I'm sure there would be probably a ton of things missing but even this looks like the type of lineup that is required for the Switch to have a great first year in Japan.
In any case I'm glad Nintendo is finally realizing the opportunity creating mobile apps and games to market their actual business is - I'd honestly expect them to aquire a mobile studio for games very shortly if Switch takes off. Personally I expect the next year to be good for Nintendo in Japan, the rest of the World is more of a question mark, but I think their marketing has been spot on so far.

I mean I honestly think Nintendo is eyeing 10 million Switch sales in Japan by the end of the year as a best case scenario.
Say what? The DS never managed 10m in a whole calendar year, and you're talking about 9.5 months for Switch. This is more "miracle" than "best case scenario".

Hmmm, last week I pointed out that the top10 was exclusively a sony thing but they said me to look at hardware

so, let's take a look :

sony : 102,601

nintendo : 32,448

microsoft : 125

yes, clearly a nintendomination also this week

ps :
don't tell me about famicom mini cause 1) it's a closed system which runs only 30 games from 30 years ago, 2) it's priced as a wiiu game

Did anyone say Nintendo would dominate the week Sony releases new hardware? That would be like quoting your post the week Pokemon or the Switch comes out and suggest Sony isn't doing well because "look at who is topping the charts!"

On average, Nintendo is definitely the most successful gaming company in Japan this generation, and by a pretty impressive margin. That's probably what some posters mean when they talk about "Nintendomination," not that there's no room for Sony to do well ever.

duckroll

PREDICTION LEAGUE FINAL FANTASY XV EDITION

Predict how much these products will sell in the week (from Nov 28 to Dec 04):

[PS4] Hardware (7 days) - 72,515
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV (6 days) - 794,123

jjonez18

Ōkami;224947182 said:
On the Dengeki software charts, PS4 is now 1 million units above Wii U (13.6m against 12.6m).

I've said before how PS4 software is doing much better than what it did last year, but it's also doing much better than what the Vita ever did, by the end of the year todal Vita retail software sales should be around 21.5 million tops, while the PS4 could be around 17.5 million, with 10 million or so sold this year.

3DS eclipses everything though, with Pokemon 3DS retail software sales will be above 100 million.

Not bad. How does the PS4 software compare to the PS3's? The general state of the market leads me to believe it's in PS3's favor.

cheesekao

Say what? The DS never managed 10m in a whole calendar year, and you're talking about 9.5 months for Switch. This is more "miracle" than "best case scenario".
Didn't the PS4 sell 10 million in roughly 9 months? Shouldn't it be possible for the Switch as well if they strike gold or was the PS4 an anomaly?

edit: Didn't see the Japan only part.

Didn't the PS4 sell 10 million in roughly 9 months? Shouldn't it be possible for the Switch as well if they strike gold or was the PS4 an anomaly?
They were talking about Japan. Unless the Japanese industry rises from the ashes into a glorious phoenix and people start throwing away their phones, it wouldn't be remotely possible.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Some anecdotal from hiska-kun's favorite shop manager

"Although the store opened at 10 o'clock irregularly (1 hour earlier) a row was formed when we arrived at the shop.
There were persons that took a day off for this day or went to work later.

Adult men were the main, so Moon started stronger.
Children finally came at afternoon.
From the evening, high school students and female customers increased.
Sun rised in popularity as time passed."

hiska-kun

Some anecdotal from hiska-kun's favorite shop manager

"Although the store opened at 10 o'clock irregularly (1 hour earlier) a row was formed when we arrived at the shop.
There were persons that took a day off for this day or went to work later.

Adult men were the main, so Moon started stronger.
Children finally came at afternoon.
From the evening, high school students and female customers increased.
Sun rised in popularity as time passed."

XD

Additionally, today she says that Pokemon is moving quite Hardware, especially New 3DS XL and 2DS.

More adults than kids, in her store.

horuhe

Not even lines for Pokemon, Nintendo is doomed the fad is over

There were lines at Pokémon Centers, but aside those it's true that there weren't many lines. Big stores were quite crowded as far as I'm concerned though, and Pokémon decorative ads were at every store, even little shops.

So, although it's mostly true, I think this happens for different reasons. One, could be not too much hype as X and Y had; other could be that there were too many pre-orders so I suppose people had not the necessity to line up; and e-commerce websites such as Yahoo Shopping, Amazon Japan or Rakuten Ichiba, had very big deals with lots of extra merchandising that could benefit some other buyers.

noshten

It's more of an ideal scenario that requires a perfect storm of factors:
- tablet form
- launch lineup
- $200 price

I see it as people that aren't even interested in a gaming device - will have more reasons to buy the new Nintendo Tablet while the majority of addopters are indeed ex or current -3ds owners.
Simply put the mobile factor is going to be the thing that makes me think Switch might have a very different type of launch. Nintendo marketing their games via mobile games like Mario Runner, Squid Gear, AC:Mobile etc will reach people who've abanddoned the whole dedicated gaming eco system.
I don't know I'm bullish at the moment, but honestly I think it's still a good time to be bullish about their chances - perhaps not to the extend I outlined but the best launch in quite sometime in Japan. We shall see - but honestly it would become very clear by the time Mario Run is launched and how it does. If Mario Run does well it provides the same marketing and branding opprortunity that PokemonGo provided. It's just a matter of what other mobile apps/games they actually release to both market specific games, their entire ecosystem or specific communties.
I've spoken about this before but I don't see why level designer in SMM, shrine designer for Zelda, Squid Gear Maker and Mario Kart Mii/Vicacle customization aren't made as companion apps that you can play on the Switch/ 3rd party mobile devices and obviously PC. The main games remain on the Switch but you provide accompanying experience to entice people into a particular game - enough for them to justify spending money on the system. Main thing is the price point the lower they are able to launch at the better.

Did anyone say Nintendo would dominate the week Sony releases new hardware? That would be like quoting your post the week Pokemon or the Switch comes out and suggest Sony isn't doing well because "look at who is topping the charts!"

On average, Nintendo is definitely the most successful gaming company in Japan this generation, and by a pretty impressive margin. That's probably what some posters mean when they talk about "Nintendomination," not that there's no room for Sony to do well ever.

hey man, take a breath, seriously

this is a videogame forum and we are taking about videogames, not serious things

you seem a bit touchy everytime I make some hilarious post "against" nintendo, I'm not trolling you or some of your parents, but a videogame company
there are more and important things to get nervous about in ordinary life, believe me

nintendo might be the most successful company on planet Earth, but this changes something in my or your life? no, except if you are a shareholder, considering how much efforts you put in defending that company

I suggest again to take a break about this, health is precious

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Dengeki Online Sales: Week 45, 2016 (Nov 07 - Nov 13)

01./00. [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous) {2016.11.10} - 72,669 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous) {2016.11.10} - 65,935 / NEW
03./00. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda Softworks) {2016.11.10} - 26,594 / NEW
04./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design (Takara Tomy) {2016.11.10} - 23,539 / NEW
05./01. [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2016.11.04} - 18,087 / 117,693
06./00. [PS4] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Velber Box) (Marvelous) {2016.11.10} - 17,865 / NEW
07./02. [PS4] Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.11.02} - 15,972 / 72,004
08./00. [3DS] Beyblade Burst (FuRyu) {2016.11.10} - 14,215 / NEW
09./04. [PS4] Battlefield 1 (Electronic Arts) {2016.10.21} - 12,594 / 203,402
10./05. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} - 7,426 / 107,477
11./08. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} - 7,365 / 74,499
12./06. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} - 6,733 / 90,599
13./12. [3DS] Mario Party Star Rush (Nintendo) {2016.10.20} - 6,628 / 62,411
14./09. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} - 6,582 / 68,927
15./11. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories (Capcom) {2016.10.08} - 6,344 / 264,946
16./10. [PS4] Titanfall 2 (Electronic Arts) {2016.10.28} - 6,289 / 43,103
17./14. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} - 4,333 / 175,185
18./03. [PS4] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Koei Tecmo) {2016.11.02} - 3,950 / 28,783
19./16. [PSV] Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2015.03.19} - 3,611 / 898,799
20./00. [3DS] Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan: Shijou Ψ Dai no Ψ Nan!? (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.11.10} - 3,560 / NEW
21./00. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience (Konami) {2016.11.10} - 3,550 / NEW
22./07. [PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (Koei Tecmo) {2016.11.02} - 2,894 / 18,477
23./17. [WIU] Paper Mario: Color Splash (Nintendo) {2016.10.13} - 2,694 / 42,347
24./18. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi (Level 5) {2016.07.16} - 2,606 / 649,114
25./26. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} - 2,550 / 159,810
26./23. [WIU] Splatoon (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} - 2,418 / 1,449,133
27./19. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura (Level 5) {2016.07.16} - 2,378 / 614,932
28./15. [PS4] Mafia III (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2016.10.27} - 2,350 / 22,816
29./13. [PS4] Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Koei Tecmo) {2016.10.27} - 2,311 / 38,911
30./24. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.08.04} - 2,267 / 188,090
31./20. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot (Nintendo) {2016.04.28} - 2,244 / 445,292
32./25. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom) {2015.11.28} - 2,117 / 2,848,740
33./27. [PS4] Persona 5 (Atlus) {2016.09.15} - 2,011 / 392,242
34./28. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} - 1,889 / 70,494
35./32. [3DS] Super Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.09.15} - 1,806 / 31,991
36./44. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) {2015.07.30} - 1,772 / 1,447,083
37./33. [PS4] Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2015.12.03} - 1,756 / 128,730
38./29. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration (Square Enix) {2016.10.13} - 1,639 / 34,072
39./34. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 (Konami) {2016.09.15} - 1,550 / 90,673
40./36. [PS4] FIFA 17 (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} - 1,483 / 72,398
41./31. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} - 1,411 / 112,049
42./35. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2016.07.28} - 1,333 / 104,593
43./00. [3DS] Akogare Girls Collection: Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari - Shounika Haitsumo Oosawagi (Nippon Columbia) {2016.11.10} - 1,333 / NEW
44./39. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2016.07.28} - 1,317 / 104,587
45./47. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.09.01} - 1,283 / 41,131
46./42. [3DS] Monster Strike (Mixi) {2015.12.17} - 1,256 / 942,599
47./22. [PSV] Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (Koei Tecmo) {2016.10.27} - 1,156 / 14,867
48./38. [3DS] River City Ransom SP (Arc System Works) {2016.10.27} - 1,039 / 8,603
49./40. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} - 1,022 / 2,554,320
50./43. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo) {2016.02.18} - 1,000 / 242,740

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week(%)  | FY 2016     | FY(%)   |
| PS4   | 221,261   | 47.5%    | 4,448,304   | 29.5%   |
| Vita  | 110,757   | 23.8%    | 2,476,142   | 16.4%   |
| 3DS   | 107,392   | 23.0%    | 6,126,391   | 40.6%   |
| Wii U | 17,276    | 3.7%     | 1,029,257   | 6.8%    |
| PS3   | 9,197     | 2.0%     | 981,915     | 6.5%    |
| X One | 279       | 0.1%     | 25,318      | 0.2%    |
| Total | 466,162   | 100.0%   | 15,087,327  | 100.0%  |
HARDWARE
Code:
| Model | This Week | Week(%)  | FY 2016     | FY(%)   |
| PS4   | 89,203    | 68.4%    | 909,243     | 40.3%   |
| 3DS   | 21,972    | 16.8%    | 708,532     | 31.4%   |
| Vita  | 8,917     | 6.8%     | 365,790     | 16.2%   |
| 2DS   | 7,288     | 5.6%     | 89,314      | 4.0%    |
| Wii U | 2,471     | 1.9%     | 154,199     | 6.8%    |
| PS3   | 494       | 0.4%     | 28,698      | 1.3%    |
| X One | 101       | 0.1%     | 2,564       | 0.1%    |
| Total | 130,446   | 100.0%   | 2,258,340   | 100.0%  |

*FY 2016 refers to the period from April 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017

Dengeki Online Sales: Week 44, 2016 (Oct 31 - Nov 06)

Dengeki Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Looks like Pokemon is still trapped in its nostalgia downward spiral.

I wonder if Yokai Watch is still popular with kids. If not Yokai Watch then what?

this is a videogame forum and we are taking about videogames, not serious things

you seem a bit touchy everytime I make some hilarious post "against" nintendo, I'm not trolling you or some of your parents, but a videogame company
there are more and important things to get nervous about in ordinary life, believe me

nintendo might be the most successful company on planet Earth, but this changes something in my or your life? no, except if you are a shareholder, considering how much efforts you put in defending that company

Lol.

sphinx

the piano man
XD

Additionally, today she says that Pokemon is moving quite Hardware, especially New 3DS XL and 2DS.

More adults than kids, in her store.

Pokemon Go effect?

I am going to chime in and say, there's a small portion of the Nintendo fanbase here in Neogaf that is getting a bit too.... anxious (for a lack of better word) these days. Probably due to Switch's anticipation, I don't know?

in certain cases, when something negative is said about nintendo in all those switch threads, it will be profiled and taken as if you are a nintendo-troll hater, who clearly has an agenda against nintendo. it's weird, GAF is otherwise very level-headed

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 47, 2016 (Nov 21 - Nov 27)

new releases

{2016.11.22}
[3DS] LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥4.700)
[3DS] LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥4.200)
[3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD [Bargain Edition] <RPG> (Sega) (¥2.990)
[3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| [Bargain Edition] <RPG> (Sega) (¥2.990)
[PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.600)
[PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.600)
[PSV] LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥4.700)
[PSV] LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥4.200)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd [Bargain Edition] <ACT> (Sega) (¥3.300)
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [Bargain Edition] <ACT> (Sega) (¥3.300)
[PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥8.200)
[PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥8.200)
[PS4] Monster Hunter Frontier Z: Beginner's Package <ACT> (Capcom) (¥5.800)
[PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 [Welcome Price!!] <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| [Welcome Price!!] <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)

{2016.11.23}
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥2.700)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥2.700)
[3DS] Hyakumasu DoraSan Nobita no Time Battle <ACT> (Shogakukan) (¥4.571)
[3DS] Hyakumasu DoraSan Nobita no Time Battle (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Shogakukan) (¥4.571)
[PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Treasure Box) <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥11.800)
[PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Starry Sky: Spring Stories <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Starry Sky: Spring Stories (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.800)
[PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Treasure Box) <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)
[PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Treasure Box) <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.800)

{2016.11.24}
[3DS] Aikatsu Stars! My Special Appeal <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.300)
[3DS] Aikatsu Stars! My Special Appeal (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥4.770)
[3DS] RPG Maker: Fes <ETC> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.800)
[3DS] RPG Maker: Fes (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ETC> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.300)
[3DS] Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi: Kaitsu Tetsudou-hen <SLG> (Sonic Powered) (¥5.800)
[3DS] Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi: Kaitsu Tetsudou-hen (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Sonic Powered) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Princess wa Kane no Mouja <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥5.980)
[PSV] Princess wa Kane no Mouja (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) (¥4.762)
[PSV] Code: Realize - Shukufuku no Mirai # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Code: Realize - Shukufuku no Mirai (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.300)
[PSV] Code: Realize - Shukufuku no Mirai (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Code: Realize Twin Pack {Code: Realize - Sousei no Himegimi \ Code: Realize - Shukufuku no Mirai} <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥10.600)
[PSV] Otome Riron to Sono Shuuhen: Bon Voyage # <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥6.900)
[PSV] Otome Riron to Sono Shuuhen: Bon Voyage (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥8.900)
[PSV] Otome Riron to Sono Shuuhen: Bon Voyage (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥5.900)
[PSV] Torikago no Mirage: Hatsukoi no Tsubasa <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥6.900)
[PSV] Torikago no Mirage: Hatsukoi no Tsubasa (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Dramatic Create) (¥5.900)
[PSV] Traveling Stars # <ADV> (GN Software) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Traveling Stars (Limited Edition) <ADV> (GN Software) (¥8.800)
[PSV] Traveling Stars (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (GN Software) (¥5.800)
[PSV] id: Rebirth Session # <ADV> (Entergram) (¥5.980)
[PSV] id: Rebirth Session (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Entergram) (¥7.280)
[PSV] id: Rebirth Session (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Entergram) (¥4.611)
[PS4] Inside _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Playdead) (¥2.037)
[PS4] ACA NeoGeo: Metal Slug _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Hamster) (¥762)
[XB1] Xbox One S 1TB Halo Collection Bundle {Halo: The Master Chief Collection <Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary \ Halo 2 Anniversary \ Halo 3 \ Halo 4> \ Halo 5: Guardians} <BUN> (Microsoft Game Studios) (¥34.980)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon # < 500k (average 470k)
02. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis < 120k (average 100k)
03. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis < 120k (average 95k)
00. [PS4+PSV+PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru < 45k (average 40k)

Ōkami

Samurai Warriors to be yet another underperforming title for Koei Tecmo.

Hopefully their Dark Souls game does good because apart from licensed stuff none of their stuff has value.

Arynio

Week 47, 2016 (Nov 21 - Nov 27)

___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon # < 500k (average 470k)
02. [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis < 120k (average 100k)
03. [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis < 120k (average 95k)
00. [PS4+PSV+PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru < 45k (average 40k)

No frikin' way. Each version is going to sell more than that. Even in the year of low lows and super flops, I refuse to believe that.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
No frikin' way. Each version is going to sell more than that. Even in the year of low lows and super flops, I refuse to believe that.

You managed to bold the unbolded and unbold the bolded.

SD looks very high after many underperforming Gundams, we'll see how close to reality this prediction will come.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

so you admit you are trolling and still pretend to not be called out? What parallel universe we are in?

Pokemon Go effect?

I am going to chime in and say, there's a small portion of the Nintendo fanbase here in Neogaf that is getting a bit too.... anxious (for a lack of better word) these days. Probably due to Switch's anticipation, I don't know?

in certain cases, when something negative is said about nintendo in all those switch threads, it will be profiled and taken as if you are a nintendo-troll hater, who clearly has an agenda against nintendo. it's weird, GAF is otherwise very level-headed

I aree
See how I am biased in recent switch topics just because I am concerned about the actual software output

horuhe

JapanGAF, how was second week of other Pokémon mainline titles? I mean, a 75% drop seems quite a bad signal, and only the Double Pack was the only out of stock.

Maniel

Banned
JapanGAF, how was second week of other Pokémon mainline titles? I mean, a 75% drop seems quite a bad signal, and only the Double Pack was the only out of stock.
Looks about the same as x and y according to media create.

Here's week 2 from media create
01./01. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 473.151 / 2.339.721 (-75%)

horuhe

Looks about the same as x and y according to media create.

Here's week 2 from media create
01./01. [3DS] Pokemon X / Y # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2013.10.12} (¥4.800) - 473.151 / 2.339.721 (-75%)

Thanks a lot. It seems it's similar. So not bad at all.

We still haven't gotten numbers for first week.

Well, I was referring entirely to YSO predictions, so obviously it may vary.

Arynio

You managed to bold the unbolded and unbold the bolded.

SD looks very high after many underperforming Gundams, we'll see how close to reality this prediction will come.

My bad, guys. I thought these were first week numbers. I just realized my mistake.

Great numbers then!

Top Bottom