• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2011 (Nov 14 - Nov 20)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
On a system that has been dead compared to one still selling pretty well for it's age.

Well lets wait and see. They did phenomenal on the DS so I'm curious how they will fare in the leap to next gen with the 3DS. Layton underperformed on the 3DS ,imo, but then again wasn't it supposed to be a DS game up-ported and the 3DS in general was underperforming until September. Although Layton and Inazuma have been slowly declining because of the yearly entries.

Are they developing DQX or is another developer? I'm pretty sure it's the latter but...

DS game up-ported? It's a full on 3DS title and they used 3D character models and assets for the environment, it was a friggin launch title on a 25K yen handheld, no one expected a million sales out of it.

It will have sold 400K copies ltd when it's all said and done, which should be considered a success for a launch title. Next year, the western release will likely push it at least above 2 million.

Man, Ni no Kuni bombed!

Also, it didn't help that Layton got somewhat luke-warm reviews compared to past games (not that it is bad, but it was widely regarded as the weakest entry in the series over here).

Cipherr

http://news.dengeki.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

Dengeki says Ninokuni only sold about 40% of the shipment, which means Level-5 shipped around 130k. ROFLMAO. MEGA BOMBA. LEVEL-5 SUCKS. HINO'S LUCK. RAN OUT FUCK. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Party at my place. 7pm. Everyone's invited.

notlikethis3rxqy5uyv.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

duckroll

Ninokuni DS
Inazuma Strikers
Gundam AGE anime
Ninokuni PS3
Little Battlers Xtreme Boost
Inazuma Eleven Go
Inazuma Strikers 2012 Xtreme
Gundam AGE PSP
Cinderelife
Fantasy Life
Time Travelers

MY LIST IS READY!

randomkid

http://news.dengeki.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

Dengeki says Ninokuni only sold about 40% of the shipment, which means Level-5 shipped around 130k. ROFLMAO. MEGA BOMBA. LEVEL-5 SUCKS. HINO'S LUCK. RAN OUT FUCK. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Party at my place. 7pm. Everyone's invited.

There you are, took you long enough to show up dude!

Also your bomba list is missing Mystery Room IOS, although is it even possible for IOS games to bomba? Maybe Hino will find a way.

For real though, there is no explanation why the game bombed this badly. Other all ages games opened higher. White Knight Crap 2 opened 3 times higher. Word of mouth on the DS version couldn't be this poisonous, thought it got decent enough user reviews. I just don't get it.

Edit: Hmm, interesting info below thanks.

Truth101

Banned
Ninokuni DS
Inazuma Strikers
Gundam AGE anime
Ninokuni PS3
Inazuma Eleven Go
Gundam AGE PSP
Cinderelife
Fantasy Life
Time Travelers

MY LIST IS READY!

You need to believe in them first, or else they will never get better. =C

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I wonder what is wrong with Ni No Kuni. It's the only JRPG except VC I'm remotely interested in. Will buy it anyway.

LOCK

Ninokuni DS
Inazuma Strikers
Gundam AGE anime
Ninokuni PS3
Inazuma Eleven Go
Gundam AGE PSP
Cinderelife
Fantasy Life
Time Travelers

MY LIST IS READY!

Time Travelers better not bomb.

Busaiku

Was Strikers really a bomb?
I mean it was more of a spinoff than a main entry.

I dunno about marketing budget and all that though.

jj984jj said:
It did about 40k.
I dunno if that's "very well".

Reveirg

I'm just hoping this won't send a signal to other developers that making HD JRPGs on the PS3 is not a good move.

ToX's recent big success sends a different message though...

Anybody else thinks it might not have been the best idea to release a big light-hearted RPG adventure one week before the NEW ZELDA???

LOCK

Well I would wait for FF13-2 to make a call, but it seems like Japan is telling devs "fool me once"....

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm just hoping this won't send a signal to other developers that making HD JRPGs on the PS3 is not a good move.

ToX's recent big success sends a different message though...

Anybody else thinks it might not have been the best idea to release a big light-hearted RPG adventure one week before the NEW ZELDA???

Well, Battlefield, Uncharted, and Modern Warfare 3 all sold quite well despite being released near each other, and there is a lot of traffic this time of year.

I think this one falls squarely on the product instead of its launch window.

I think the primary message it will send is that launching a new IP JRPG is extremely hard, since that is a message we seem to have echoed throughout this generation, but I don't think it will deter anyone who already has a big franchise.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Compared to previous Square Enix successful PSP products, Type-0 shows longer legs somehow at this point?

squall23

Was Strikers really a bomb?
I mean it was more of a spinoff than a main entry.

I dunno about marketing budget and all that though.
There was pretty much only 1 marketing campaign and that was get enough youtube views of various Strikers videos and the main website will reveal spoilers about IE Go.

For something that was both a spin-off and somewhat small advertisement, it did pretty well for itself.

Erethian

Compared to previous Square Enix successful PSP products, Type-0 shows longer legs somehow at this point?

It's about the same.

Here are fourth week numbers for other big SE games for PSP, according to Famitsu/Enterbrain.

Crisis Core: 26,729
Dissidia: 43,697
KH Birth By Sleep: 29,764

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well, Battlefield, Uncharted, and Modern Warfare 3 all sold quite well despite being released near each other, and there is a lot of traffic this time of year.

I think this one falls squarely on the product instead of its launch window.

I think the primary message it will send is that launching a new IP JRPG is extremely hard, since that is a message we seem to have echoed throughout this generation, but I don't think it will deter anyone who already has a big franchise.
Just wondering, what new RPG IPs this gen have been considered successful?

Celine

Ninokuni DS
Inazuma Strikers
Gundam AGE anime
Ninokuni PS3
Inazuma Eleven Go
Gundam AGE PSP
Cinderelife
Fantasy Life
Time Travelers

MY LIST IS READY!
Ninokuni on DS did quite good IMO.
Sure it missed by much the company expectation but in the end it sold 550K which for a new RPG IP isn't bad at all.

Also can't say Inazuma Strikers did worse than expected.
It's a spinoff on a dying platform...

Incredibly bad numbers for Ninokuni for PS3 though...

EDIT:
Define successful.
500K or more ? 1 million or more ?
Only Inazuma Eleven did really big numbers.

Not that last generation was any different, only Kingdom Hearts had big sales.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
It's about the same.

Here are fourth week numbers for other big SE games for PSP, according to Famitsu/Enterbrain.

Crisis Core: 26,729
Dissidia: 43,697
KH Birth By Sleep: 29,764

Ok thanks :p
I hope christmas helps to go on a little more longer.

linko9

Mass effect, dragon age... but I guess you're asking about Japanese-developed RPGs.

As noted, there are plenty of successful japanese RPG series this gen (d souls, EO, inazuma, white knight), but none that are real blockbusters.

How much should the DS sell in the remaining week of this month to outsell NDS during the same time in 2005 ?
The week starting November 21, Media Create had the DS at 132K. Animal Crossing Wild World week. And really, the start of the period of 100+K every week, except for shortages.
29./00. [360] Instant Brain # <ADV> (Cave) {2011.11.10} (¥7.140) - 3.998 / NEW
I wouldn't have thought so many would trust their brains to a company that exclusively releases X360 games.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
21./00. [NDS] MapleStory DS <RPG> (Nexon) {2011.11.17} (¥3.990)
22./00. [NDS] Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: Atsumete Henshin! 35 Sentai! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.17} (¥5.040)
23./16. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Remote Plus <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800)
24./06. [WII] Sengoku Basara 3: Utage <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.11.10} (¥4.990)
25./11. [PS3] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.11.02} (¥5.980)
26./17. [WII] Go Vacation <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥5.800)
27./14. [3DS] Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3 <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.11.02} (¥6.090)
28./00. [PSP] Angelique: Maren no Rokukishi # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2011.11.17} (¥6.090)
29./22. [WII] Rhythm Heaven: Fever <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.07.21} (¥5.800)
30./24. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
31./15. [NDS] Tamagotchi Collection <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.10} (¥5.040)
32./18. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2011.10.06} (¥7.980)
33./25. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} (¥4.800)
34./23. [PSP] AKB1/48: If I loved an Idol in Guam... # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.06} (¥5.229)
35./00. [360] Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 <FTG> (Capcom) {2011.11.17} (¥4.990)
36./29. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog / Shiba / Toy Poodle & New Friends <ETC> (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} (¥4.800)
37./39. [WII] Family Fishing # <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.08.04} (¥5.040)
38./28. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.08.04} (¥3.800)
39./00. [PS3] Nurarihyon no Mago: Hyakki Ryouran Taisen <FTG> (Konami) {2011.11.17} (¥6.980)
40./19. [PS3] The Idolmaster 2 # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.27} (¥7.980)
41./38. [WII] Mario Kart Wii <RCE> (Nintendo) {2008.04.10} (¥5.800)
42./26. [PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Impact <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥5.230)
43./30. [NDS] Pokemon Black / White <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2010.09.18} (¥4.800)
44./37. [3DS] Pokemon Rumble Blast <ACT> (Pokemon Co.) {2011.08.11} (¥4.800)
45./33. [WII] Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary: Famicom & Super Famicom Dragon Quest I-II-III <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.09.15} (¥4.440)
46./27. [PS3] Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa - Hybrid Pack # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} (¥7.140)
47./36. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.12.03} (¥5.800)
48./00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Diary: Pokapoka Felyne G <ETC> (Capcom) {2011.08.10} (¥3.990)
49./46. [WII] Wii Fit Plus <HOB> (Nintendo) {2009.10.01} (¥2.000)
50./00. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf 5 (PlayStation 3 the Best Reprint) # <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.09.08} (¥2.980)

Top 50

PS3 - 13
WII - 13
PSP - 9
NDS - 6
3DS - 5
360 - 4

Orgen

Did you put Super Mario 3D Land in the 3D platformers? :p

Mario 64, Mario 64 DS, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land, right? They are over 6 million? NSMB DS is amazing and I expect another 50.000 sold this Christmas/New Years season (maybe the Wii version can sell another 100.000 too)

This Christmas Mario 3D Land will give the lead to the 3D platformers... until you change the graph to 3D platformers vs New Mario Bros Series ;D

Did you put Super Mario 3D Land in the 3D platformers? :p

Mario 64, Mario 64 DS, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario 3D Land, right? They are over 6 million?
Yep, and SM3DL just pushed them over 6 million.
This Christmas Mario 3D Land will give the lead to the 3D platformers... until you change the graph to 3D platformers vs New Mario Bros Series ;D
But the best comparisons are either really really close or really really far apart. :)
2D

This one shows how the Advance and Famicom Mini ports were keeping up with the new 3D games. And actually, is less than fair to the 2D side since GBC Super Mario Bros. DX isn't in there.

Shiggy

Let's see what you have to say about that after this holiday season! HAHAHAHAHA. OMG Level-5 failure makes me giddy as a school girl. I didn't think this day would actually come.

Why do you hate them so much? Did someone at Level 5 rape your mother? Or worse, will they use the Telltale Games engine in one of their upcoming titles?

Top Bottom