• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2013 (Nov 11 - Nov 17)

Week of bombas indeed:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy - 50-60% (shipment was much lower than the last entry)
Super Mario 3D World - 20%
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - 20%
New Atelier Rorona - 30-40%
Aikatsu 2 - 30%

This week succes:

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U Version - 5%
Cooking Mama 5 - 5%

Oh wow...Super Mario 3D World is very low at 20%, but Taiko no Tatsujin's 5% first-day sell-through is outright abysmal.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
bloody hell at that that Mario percentage. Hopefully Nintendo didn't just burn one of their few remaining ace cards

Kid Ying

I know that but still... a 5% ST even for a long legged title like Taiko is awful...
Its bad, but in the end i believe it will sell well. An 20-30k opening would be great. Lets see if it can manage. Being a title like taiko makes first day sell through more meaningless, since no one expects it to sell most of it on its release.

Mario also very low, but being so close to holidays makes me a little more complacent about it. I also think it will do well, just like taiko, but i dont know if it gots the same leg power as it.

L Thammy

Well obviously not. It's obviously a bomb after the first day sell through despite Mario games having legs, selling at weekends and usually high Nintendo shipments.

"Bomb" is not an objective term. Even if the game sells well compared to the vast majority of games on the market, it can still perform badly compared to our expectations and the other games in the series.

ohlawd

Wii U is done in Japan.

We don't know the shipment numbers or it's the only first day sales for 3D World but it's over. This thing is done.

A great field of nominees.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy - 50-60% (shipment was much lower than the last entry)
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - 20%
New Atelier Rorona - 30-40%
Aikatsu 2 - 30%
But the bomba goes to:
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii U Version - 5%
--
Wii U is done in Japan.

We don't know the shipment numbers or it's the only first day sales for 3D World but it's over. This thing is done.
You're right, the shipment is obviously a bajillion. 20% of a bajillion is heaps.

Ty4on

Week of bombas indeed:

As I can see here shipment for FF13-2 was 850k.

Does +500k shipments for 3D world sound reasonable? I just can't imagine the game selling less than Pikmin and Wii Party U. I know about the bundles, but still.

Damn. Unless Mario 3D shipped an insanely high amount (possible, but unlikely, I'd say), Wii U is completely dead in Japan, even more so than it previously was.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wii U is done in Japan.

Sadly I second this sentiment. Nintendo can't afford to pull the plug, but they'd better have a successor by 2016 at the latest.

Kid Ying

After the first day sell through of a game you don't know the shipment of?
Saying its a bomba when we dont even know its first sales numbers is tough, but lets not get carried away and act like its a normal thing. Its bad.

Anyway, 23 is a holiday. It may sell well on the following days.

=( 3D World looks so damn good. DAMN YOU WIIU!!! Hope it at least has a 120k opening. And holy crap at Taiko...

Even with legs a 5% sell through is awful. We're probably looking at a sub 10k week?
I think "done" is the wrong word to use, but neither the Vita or the Wii U has great prospects looking forward.

Vita looks much healthier going forward. I would like to see Wii U at least have disappointing prospects going forward

Alrus

That Rorona sell through is awful too considering the kind of game it is. What a stupid idea a remake of a game that released on the same platform, I still don't know what they were thinking with that one...

cafemomo

I seriously am curious on how the PS4 will perform in Japan now.

I know it won't go down to WiiU levels, but I don't think it might even reach PS3 levels at this point.

Kid Ying

=( 3D World looks so damn good. DAMN YOU WIIU!!! Hope it at least has a 120k opening. And holy crap at Taiko...

Even with legs a 5% sell through is awful. We're probably looking at a sub 10k week?
Well, like i said, theres a holiday this week, so chances are it will keep selling. I dont think we will have a week so bad, specially since its shipments are probably high.

A sub 10k would be awful and back to the days where the series was whored on the ps2. God, i hope not.

Also, hiska, the blog makes a mention if its just the bundle, the software only or both?

hiska-kun

Well the blog says is not time to panic yet, and wait for the weekend, since these games tend to sell better the weekends.

But better panic...

Weather in Tokyo from yesterday

Nov 20 8:30 AM Sunny. Cool. 52 °F (11 °C) Low 62°F (16.5°C) High Winds 10 mph Direction East 41% Humidity 29.83 "Hg
Nov 21 8:30 AM Passing clouds. Cool. Passing clouds. 54 °F (12.2 °C) Low 61°F (16.5°C) High 8 mph Direction Southeast 35% Humidity 29.98 "Hg N/A

Someone please tell me how this may have affected first day sellthrough for yesterday. Is it Finals time?

idlewild_

Those are some poor sell-through numbers apart from LR. I imagine Mario and Taiko will get a bump over the weekend though. Presumably the Mario shipment was pretty healthy, retailers would still order good quantities of it even on a failing system based on brand name alone.

When does the ps4 go on sale in japan

February

Well, like i said, theres a holiday this week, so chances are it will keep selling. I dont think we will have a week so bad, specially since its shipments are probably high.

A sub 10k would be awful and back to the days where the series was whored on the ps2. God, i hope not.

Also, hiska, the blog makes a mention if its just the bundle, the software only or both?

It is a holiday on Saturday but it is not a long weekend, so it won't have a huge effect I imagine.

udivision

Can someone help me figure out the Wii U sales forecast?
If I'm doing my math right, in the span of 6 months they want to sell 1,5 million Wii Us a month globally to reach their goal?

Top Bottom