• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 46, 2015 (Nov 9 - Nov 15)

Vena

I think it was already mentionned on an earlier topic, but they are rather cheap to make AND they have interesting sales on the overall Asian market (something we don't have much data for unfortunately)

I don't know if that's true across the board, but some of their titles have experienced growth in the Asian market. DQH performed greatly outside of Japan in the Asian market, for instance, but I doubt every title does or that they bank on that specifically.

after 2 weeks :

01./01. [3DS] Disney Magic World <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01} (¥5.480) - 46.872 / 151.880 <60-80%> (-55%)

It's crazy to think how much these games sell despite having pretty low production values; I know licensing and stuffs, but 250-500k units these days are a pretty nice achievement to reach.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
YSO predictions

Week 48, 2015 (Nov 23 - Nov 29)

01. [3DS] Monster Hunter X < 1,5m (average 1,35m)
00. [PS4] Blade Arcus from Shining EX < 30k (average 25k)
00. [PS4] Star Wars: Battlefront < 30k (average 25k)
00. [WIU] Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival < 30k (average 25k)
00. [PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls: Yume no Gattai Special < 25k (average 20k)

Takao

Banned
Kind of surprised at Blade Arcus. Sega is somehow shipping a fighting game in 2015 with no online mode and 30k are expected to show up?

Poor Grand Kingdom - another new IP bombing. Omega Labyrinth doing good apparently, so perhaps Spike Chunsoft game doesn't have enough boobs?

Grand Kingdom looks like what would happen if a Vanillaware game had a fraction of its usual budget.

[PSV] Airship Q <RPG> (Cygames) (¥2.500)

This game already has 300 ratings on PSN
but they're kind of negative. It's sitting at 2/5 right now.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
YSO predictions

Week 47, 2015 (Nov 23 - Nov 29)

00. [PSV] Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Sega Hard Girls: Yume no Gattai Special < 25k (average 20k)
00. [WIU] Splatoon < 25k

My 1.35 millions predictions for Monster Hunter is the avarage of YSO prediction, haha! xD
Good to see Splatoon in back. :p

Ōkami

Battlefront is a game that will pick up once the movie comes out.

I mean it'll be around the Holidays, game will be cheaper and Star Wars hype will be everywhere, not much reason to buy it now.

horuhe

&#332;kami;186381488 said:

I mean it'll be around the Holidays, game will be cheaper and Star Wars hype will be everywhere, not much reason to buy it now.

Yes, it is. But, more than this, the omocha stuff I think is having much more attention than the game itself and I would say even the movie.

Vena

Dunno about that. At least not to any meaningful degree.

Ōkami

I mentioned before that Star Wars games never lit the charts on fire on Japan and this shouldn't be any different.

More than pick up, it should at least have legs due to the movie.

YSO predictions

00. [WIU] Splatoon < 25k
So many people hoped Battlefront would sell well because "Star Wars" but sadly the game is mediocre, and I doubt the WOM will give it any good legs like BO3.

NVM: This for second week. Still don't think it will have legs due to movie. The game is not that good aside from graphics.

Vena

Correct me if I am mistaken, but wasn't the general outlook on SWB that of "do not expect much from it just because of the IP"? I mean Vikk was in here a few threads back and said this very thing.

I don't know who or what had lofty expectations of SWB but if it was just because of the IP, it was very misguided and readily pointed out as a bad barometer.

Splatoon will definitely hit a million it looks like.

This is guaranteed by years end.

That actually isnt as bad for AC amiibo turd as I thought.
Splatoon going back to the 20ks is nice to see.
1 million years end is a lock now.
Ouch Battlefront.

sense

So many people hoped Battlefront would sell well because "Star Wars" but sadly the game is mediocre, and I doubt the WOM will give it any good legs like BO3.

NVM: This for second week. Still don't think it will have legs due to movie. The game is not that good aside from graphics.
damn, you were going in for the kill on swb lol

Takao

Banned
Spike Chunsoft had successful games with super-tiny budgets, though.

I'm not saying it's impossible to make a successful game on a low budget. I'm saying that making a shameless knockoff with a seemingly lower budget is a good recipe to not reap the same success. I know Grand Knights History and Grand Kingdom (Inafune would be proud) share a common director, but MonoChro is no Vanillaware in terms of presentation.

Akara

Banned
I'm not saying it's impossible to make a successful game on a low budget. I'm saying that making a shameless knockoff with a seemingly lower budget is a good recipe to not reap the same success. I know Grand Knights History and Grand Kingdom (Inafune would be proud) share a common director, but MonoChro is no Vanillaware in terms of presentation.

True, but seriously though, Grand Kingdom looks really great and plays great, I'm loving it right now.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Maybe it will pick up a bit when the movie comes out but that there are people who want to buy it now and will wait until then, that isn't happening.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
It's crazy to think how much these games sell despite having pretty low production values; I know licensing and stuffs, but 250-500k units these days are a pretty nice achievement to reach.

I really wouldn't call it low production values though. The game is one of the better looking titles on 3DS....

3DS_DisneyMagicalWorld_04_mediaplayer_large.png

I really wouldn't call it low production values though. The game is one of the better looking titles on 3DS....

3DS_DisneyMagicalWorld_04_mediaplayer_large.png

That's a bullshot, but yeah the game definitely doesn't have low production values, it's a big game. Nothing at all surprising about its sales. Run for Money on the other hand, now that would qualify.

Probably a minor recompile effort (so effectively an upscaled, re-rendered port) rather than an all out remake and likely have a deal with Sony on no licensing fees. They may well need to sell all of like 5k units to break even or profit.

I think it was already mentionned on an earlier topic, but they are rather cheap to make AND they have interesting sales on the overall Asian market (something we don't have much data for unfortunately)

Thanks for the responses. I realise Asia is a big question mark for these things and that they're probably made on a shoestring budget, but still, these are some tiny sales.

If it were a small otome factory or something like that I could understand it, but for a mid-tier dev/pub like Koei Tecmo it hardly seems worth it.

Not expecting great things from Exist Archive either then?

It's out pretty soon and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hype around it, so...

COMG weekly:

[PS4] Star Wars Battlefront - 155pt
[Vita] Atelier Sophie - 57Pt
[Vita] Omega Labyrinth - 49pt
[PS4] Call of Duty Black Ops III - 42Pt
[3DS] Everyone's Pokemon Scramble - 38pt
[PS4] Atelier Sophie - 33Pt
[PS3] Atelier Shopie - 31Pt
[WiiU] Animal Crossing amiibo Festival - 24pt
[WiiU] Splatoon - 21pt
[Vita] Grand Kingdom - 19pt
[PS4] Sword Art Online Game Director Edition - 19pt
[3DS] Sumikko 2 (?)- 18pt
[PS3] Call of Duty Black Ops III - 16pt
[WiiU] Super Mario Maker - 15pt
[Vita] Airship Q - 15Pt
[Vita] Girlfriend Beta Summer Vacation - 14pt
[Vita] MineCraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 13Pt
[Vita] Girlfriend Beta Summer Vacation (LE?) - 13Pt
[PS4] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 13pt
[Vita] God Eater Resurrection - 12pt

Akara

Banned
COMG weekly:

[PS4] Star Wars Battlefront - 155pt
[Vita] Atelier Sophie - 57Pt
[Vita] Omega Labyrinth - 49pt
[PS4] Call of Duty Black Ops III - 42Pt
[3DS] Everyone's Pokemon Scramble - 38pt
[PS4] Atelier Sophie - 33Pt
[PS3] Atelier Shopie - 31Pt
[WiiU] Animal Crossing amiibo Festival - 24pt
[WiiU] Splatoon - 21pt
[Vita] Grand Kingdom - 19pt
[PS4] Sword Art Online Game Director Edition - 19pt
[3DS] Sumikko 2 (?)- 18pt
[PS3] Call of Duty Black Ops III - 16pt
[WiiU] Super Mario Maker - 15pt
[Vita] Airship Q - 15Pt
[Vita] Girlfriend Beta Summer Vacation - 14pt
[Vita] MineCraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 13Pt
[Vita] Girlfriend Beta Summer Vacation (LE?) - 13Pt
[PS4] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - 13pt
[Vita] God Eater Resurrection - 12pt

You better slay Sophie

hiska-kun

YSO predictions

00. [WIU] Splatoon < 25k

This is week 48, not 47.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 47, 2015 (Nov 16 - Nov 22)

01./00. [PS4] Star Wars: Battlefront
02./01. [3DS] Disney Magic World 2
03./03. [3DS] Project x Zone 2: Brave New World
04./02. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III
05./00. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Omise Hajimerundesu
06./00. [PS4] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
07./00. [PSV] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
08./00. [PSV] Grand Kingdom
09./07. [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No.1!
10./05. [PS4] Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
11./00. [PSV] Girl Friend Beta: Kimi to Sugosu Natsuyasumi
12./04. [WiiU] Splatoon #
13./00. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Game Director's Edition
14./00. [WiiU] Splatoon
15./00. [PS3] Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
16./00. [PSV] Omega Labyrinth
17./13. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
18./16. [3DS] Kaite Oboeru: Dora-Gana
19./17. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: White Dog Squad
20./09. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes

The holiday season is about to start with PSVita campaigns at Bic Camera Hachioji. Animal Crossing amiibo are in stock and the Splatoon ones have been the most popular during these days.

In COMG! everything is prepared for the launch of Monster Hunter X. Also, today our friends from Niigata are having an event related to Fire Emblem Cypher.

My mistake, so. I think that's a quite good thing to PSVita hardware heading this holidays.

hmmm, it think it's pretty useless, your kid receiving Vita inside a Santa socket is not as happy as he would be by receiving Vita with Minecraft included

Ōkami

hmmm, it think it's pretty useless, your kid receiving Vita inside a Santa socket is not as happy as he would be by receiving Vita with Minecraft included
Minecraft is so cheap that I doubt Santa would mind giving it as an extra gift.

Really the only downside of this deal is kids wanting Splatoon more.

In this case, I'd expect digital to supersede that gap. Do we have numbers on 4G digital performance?

I don't know, but also we don't have MHP3 digital numbers (some Vita owners might have bought it from PSN, there is any info about it ?)

Oh not MH3P, I meant 4G gap.

I just said that if we cound digital sales for 3DS titles we should include (if possible of course) MHP3 sales, for a complete comparison

Tsutaya 2015.11.16 - 2015.11.22

01/NE. (PS4) Star Wars Battlefront
02/NE. (PSV) Atelier Sophie

03/01. (PS4) Call of Duty Black Ops III
04/NE. (PS4) Atelier Sophie
05/NE. (PSV) Omega Labyrinth
06/NE. (PS4) Sword Art Online : Game Director's Edition
07/NE. (PSV) Grand Kingdom
08/NE. (PS3) Atelier Sophie

09/04. (3DS) Disney Magic Castle 2
10/NE.(WiiU) Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
11/02. (PS4) Assassin's Creed Syndacate
12/NE. (3DS) Sumikko Gurashi
13/NE. (PSV) Girl Friend
14/NE. (3DS) Minna no Pokemon Scramble

15/06. (PSV) God Eater Resurrection
16/10. (WiiU) Splatoon
17/05. (PS3) Call of Duty Black Ops III
18/03. (3DS) Project X Zone 2
19/12. (WiiU) Super Mario Maker
20/11. (PSV) Minecraft

Grand Kingdom #7 seems like it is not as a disaster as it was reported on last friday, also COMG and Tsutaya have Atelier Sophie PSV > PS4 >>PS3

hiska-kun

Monster Hunter 3P : 2,1m
Monster Hunter 4 : 1,8m
Monster Hunter 4G : 1,6m
Monster Hunter X : 1,5m ?

First Week is not that important here, since MHX is releasing during the best week of the year (for being benefited by Holiday boost).
MHX LTD numbers might eventually be higher than MH4G.

Btw, wasn't Famitsu MHP3 first week numbers higher than the shipment reported by Capcom?

Top Bottom