• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 47, 2013 (Nov 18 - Nov 24)

JoeM86

The worst part is that 3D World deserves so much better. The game is just too too too good to sell so badly.

Indeed. It's going to show that games don't necessarily sell hardware anymore. Look at this, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101...all amazing games and nobody seems to care anywhere.

It's quite sad, really.

XLf4ru5.png

As regular text:

3D Mario Week One Sales:

1) Super Mario 3D Land - 344,698 (1,861,023 total)
2) Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 337,569 (1,032,853 total)
3) Super Mario Sunshine - 280,610 (789,989 total)
4) Super Mario Galaxy - 256,341 (1,025,664 total)
5) Super Mario 64 - 162,113 (1,639,914 total)
6) Super Mario 64 DS - 120,062 (1,231,535 total)
7) Super Mario 3D World - 106,967

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I dunno, at least Mario should have some legs. I dunno about One Piece...its opening is only around the same as the Unlimited Cruise SP ports and there was a real push for it. Shipment seems huge so I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the bomba bins soon if it doesn't develop legs.

I believe UWR will have legs as well, just like Unlimited Cruise Sp. Even Romance Dawn had legs, and that was a porting of an RPG

[3DS] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco) - 76.578 / 321.376 / 23,83% 26/05/11
[3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco) - 26.751 / 57.114 / 46,84% 08/08/13 (it should be over 60k now, looking at Dengeki)

Eventful week!

Mario - Lower than expected, and I wasn't expecting much to begin with, lol. It will have some sort of legs, but with Mario 2D barely selling 500k, we can't expect much from Mario 3D.

One Piece - Sold really well, I'm surprised! Looks like a great game too, so I'm sure it will chart for months.

God Eater - An ArtPop sized mess.

Monster Hunter 4 - Including digital sales as of Oct, the LTD is at 3,375,739 and easily heading to 4 million. Who else but a legend?

Taiko - It actually sold almost 20k, wow! Install base will hold it back though.

3DS - One Piece bundle sold really well, nice bump.

PSV - I was expecting TV to have legs, a huge ouch here, down to 7k already?

Why were there any high expectations for Vita TV? I thought we all agreed that Japan is mobile country now, why would they want a TV version of the weakest selling portable platform?

Judge_Normal_1.gif

Alright.

I don't see anymore reason to discuss WiiU fate any further
The defendant is declared DEAD.

gavel.png

lol

JoeM86

Only if you compare it to a launch title and a remake, both of which make perfect sense to have such low numbers.

And being on a flailing console means it doesn't make sense to have low numbers?

Come on. Did people honestly expect it to suddenly sell like 800,000 units and push the Wii U up beyond the 3DS?

BowieZ

Banned
It's going to be so interesting to see how PS4 fares (after the first couple of weeks of course).

At least Nintendo has 3DS. If Vita/Vita TV can only muster that sort of performance in Handheld Land, champion-like though it may be, well, SCE must be a little concerned...

Foshy

Why were there any high expectations for Vita TV? I thought we all agreed that Japan is mobile country now, why would they want a TV version of the weakest selling portable platform?

Before it launched, nobody knew how fucking limited it really was in regards to game compatibility.

And being on a flailing console means it doesn't make sense to have low numbers?
What about Mario Sunshine?

So are there still any believers that WiiU can turn around?

You know, I was holding on to hope that when Nintendo finally got around to aggressively advertising the console and releasing a "must have!" holiday game, we'd start to see a shift in the tides.

Now, I'd be a bit surprised if even Smash Bros. sold a significant amount of hardware.

Really starting to show the weakness of home based consoles in Japan, which is just going to push Japanese game makers away from all next gen consoles. Bummer for Japanese genre game-lovers.

The sales just aren't there.

Wynnebeck

Banned
With sales like these, I don't blame Sony for waiting until February to release the PS4, it would probably crater alongside the Wii U.

Maedhros

For Vita TV, I won't say anything at all. It's only it's second week on the market. It can gain some momentum on the holydays, considering it's a cheap option. There's still salvation for it.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Wow. What a depressing week.
I expected more from Mario, and while I predicted a big drop for Vita TV, I didn't expect it to drop so far, so soon..

Kyon

Banned
Eventful week!

Mario - Lower than expected, and I wasn't expecting much to begin with, lol. It will have some sort of legs, but with Mario 2D barely selling 500k, we can't expect much from Mario 3D.

Distraction

Figures you wouldn't drag your faves flop.

an EBey 4 era non charting sized mess
sad.gif

Shirokun

It's a real shame about Mario. It's the best Mario I've played in years, and is actually revitalizing my interest in gaming to an extent.

That said, I hope this is a wake up call to Nintendo that there's something seriously wrong with their approach to the Wii U. They need a massive overhaul in the way they're marketing this machine in Japan(and elsewhere, for that matter). I never see any ads for their products on TV these days. It's just ridiculous.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I hope some of the upcoming Wii U games will live again as porting / director's cut / whatever on the next Nintendo handheld. W101 bombed hard as hell, and I fear for X and, especially, Bayonetta 2. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem should just become a 3DS and Wii U title with cross saves FAST.

Fabrik

Banned
Ouch @ SM3DW.
Ouch @ WIIU.
Ouch @ Vita.
Ouch @ FFXIII.

I hope SM3DW has long legs or else home console gaming is really dead in Japan. Why would PS4 sell over there?

DaBoss

For Vita TV, I won't say anything at all. It's only it's second week on the market. It can gain some momentum on the holydays, considering it's a cheap option. There's still salvation for it.
No there isn't. The writing was on the wall with its low debut, and already sub-10K on its second week is bad.

Come on. Did people honestly expect it to suddenly sell like 800,000 units and push the Wii U up beyond the 3DS?

Good point. But Nintendo does have over a million Wii owners to sell the game to. Most figured it would manage to sell to more than 10% of them. Especially considering it seems that only big Nintendo fans are buying the console.

No one expected anything like an overtaking of the 3DS, but only pushing an extra 5K is pretty pitiful for Nintendo's major holiday title.

lefantome

Terrible for Nintendo.

No sales boost for 3d world, one of the worst openings for a 3d mario, 3DS still down yoy.

The Vita situation doesn't even need to be commented

I believe UWR will have legs as well, just like Unlimited Cruise Sp. Even Romance Dawn had legs, and that was a porting of an RPG

[3DS] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco) - 76.578 / 321.376 / 23,83% 26/05/11
[3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco) - 26.751 / 57.114 / 46,84% 08/08/13 (it should be over 60k now, looking at Dengeki)

Oh wow, didn't know Unlimited Cruise SP had that much legs. Okay my outlook on the sales of Unlimited RED are a little different, then.

Does anyone have the Gamecube LTD console sales vs Mario Sunshine's launch numbers as a comparison?

Gamecube was launched in Japan September 2011 and Mario Sunchine came out July 2012 if I'm not mistaken? So that was less than a year's gap then there was here, so I wonder what the Cube's and WiiU's difference in userbase was in that time.

Asd202

Really starting to show the weakness of home based consoles in Japan, which is just going to push Japanese game makers away from all next gen consoles. Bummer for Japanese genre game-lovers.

The sales just aren't there.

Yeah and some people are like. Why is Persona 5 not for PS4? lol.

CassSept

oh god @ VitaTV

OH GOD @ MARIO

OHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGOD @ Wii U

This... this is disastrous. It's beyond anything anyone expected. What a failure of a console Wii U has become. It's quite hard to be surprised but I didn't expect everything bombing like this in the darkest scenario.

Steroyd

I would have thought alot more people would have bought Mario given that people "buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games."

MechaX

Man... This is just a really depressing week for anything non-3DS related.

I possible cannot see how the Wii U is going to reach 4mil, especially since it has fucking nothing for the rest of the year. I thought the Vita TV was an interesting concept and was hoping it would at least put up more of a fight (for those that think that it'll pick up more when the PS4 comes out, it won't). And LR's sales are to be expected from a game that threw out almost everything that the purchasers of XIII to XIII-2 probably liked about the game.

Ty4on

They are already out and didn't do a shit for WiiU in Japan.
I know, ( :p ) usually means sarcasm in my posts. In the bundles they did way more than Mario though.
99k yen versus 199k yen was my guess, but even that is expensive for something you don't need :/

Top Bottom