• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 47, 2015 (Nov 16 - Nov 22)

Star Wars: Battlefront doing some business
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival bombing like no tomorrow
Splatoon , Mario Maker ,Yo-Kai Watch Busters , Minecraft still going
Splatoon 800K too

Was hoping for a little miracle and see Shantae in there. Too bad.
Low shipment and general unawareness of it's release probably didn't do it any favors.
Seems liked by the people that did buy it so maybe it will continue to sell on word of mouth. Who knows?
Guess the copy I ordered might become a collectors item

Was hoping for a little miracle and see Shantae in there. Too bad.
Low shipment and general unawareness of it's release probably didn't do it any favors.
Seems liked by the people that did buy it so maybe it will continue to sell on word of mouth. Who knows?
Guess the copy I ordered might become a collectors item
Maybe it'll show up on Dengeki.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I know you tend to overestimate Splatoon a lot but expecting it to sell more than 2 million, on a console that has sold a little more than 2.6 million and will struggle to hit 4 million LTD? This is reaching.

I overestimated Splatoon? Where? Because so far it always sold A LOT more than i expected, and i have the source for say this.
You have not source for say i overestimated Splatoon, since it ALWAYS sold better than i predicted. This is a fact.
Indeed, like Madstarr12 said, one time i predicted only 1.7 million, now i predict 2 million because Splatoon has sold better than i expected.

Mario Kart worldwide has a 55% attach rate. 85% in France.
If Mario Kart can hit 50% attach rate, even Splatoon can, if not more, i don't see why not.
"But Splatoon is not Mario Kart" indeed, is a bigger game. ;P

That's quite a bold prediction. 2 million for Splatoon? Seems unlikely, but we will need to wait and see what it does weekly post-holidays before I can agree or disagree. If Splatoon drops to 10K-ish or below as a "baseline" post-holidays, well, it won't happen sadly. Also don't forget that it's selling this well now because of bundles, once the bundles are discontinued (it'll happen eventually, like the Wii Party and Mario Kart bundles were) it'll be even harder. If Wii U has about 1-2 years left (2 may be too much) Splatoon will need to sell on average at least 10-15K weekly until Wii U's discontinuation to reach it. (Which equal to roughly 520K to 780K more sales by this time next year). Pre-bundle, it's been around 10K with minor bumps due to some holidays. But who knows, maybe the holidays convert enough humans into Squids, so that WOM can go even further. But as of right now, 2 million is very unlikely.

Lol, it's like you're adding to your predicted LTD constantly. It was like 1.5-1.7 before, now it's a 2 million prediction. Let me guess, in January, you're gonna be like "OMG, 2.2 million Minimum!!" :p

Retail + digital, Splatoon should be over 1.2 million by end of year, i say 1.25 million.
Then, after that, i predict Splatoon should sell 8-12k in a normal week, and should be boosted to >15k some weeks like during Obon or Golden week. And there are December 2016 sales, which will boost Splatoon again. So in 52 weeks, i say >600k for Splatoon retail + digital, which is a total of 1.85 million.
Another 150k in 2017 and 2018, then the game will stop selling.

Also, 2 million is my personal prediction haha, is not the minimum.
It can even sell only 1.7-1.8 million, who know, and i'm ok if will happen, since i never said "1.7-1.8 million is THE MINIMUM!!!" i just disagree with who predict those numbers, but even if for me seem too low and pecsimist, can happen.

If we talk about the minimum, then 1.5 million is absolutely the worst scenario EVER, you just need to use the math for know is IMPOSSIBLE for Splatoon sell under 1.5 million. :p

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
With Jojo next month I wonder what collapse it will see. Probably something (much?) worse than Ken's Rage 2.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2010 (Mar 22 - Mar 28)

01./00. [PS3] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage # <ACT> (Koei) {2010.03.25} (¥8.190) - 385.295 / NEW <84,77%>
07./00. [360] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage # <ACT> (Koei) {2010.03.25} (¥8.190) - 30.306 / NEW <75,09%>

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2012 (Dec 17 - Dec 23)

05./00. [PS3] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.20} (¥8.190) - 116.431 / NEW <38,89%>
00./00. [360] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.20} (¥8.190) - 4.593 / NEW <41,98%>

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2013 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)

01./00. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 425.718 / NEW <80,95%>

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2015 (Dec 14 - Dec 20)

00./00. [PS4] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.17} (¥8.856)
00./00. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.17} (¥7.776)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Yes, it will. 150k seems not that likely, but 100k is fairly a lock by now.

Mario Kart 8 has sold 117,150 unit in December 2014 last year.
I don't see why 150k is not likely honestly, i mean, so far Splatoon is outsell Mario Kart 8 by 2:1 .

I don't say it will beat Mario Kart 8 by 2:1 even this Deecmber, because Mario is strong during the holidays, but it need to sell just +28% compared to Mario Kart 8 for sell 150k. ( only retail)

I say it will probabily be even over 150k.

I overestimated Splatoon? Where? Because so far it always sold A LOT more than i expected, and i have the source for say this.
You have not source for say i overestimated Splatoon, since it ALWAYS sold better than i predicted. This is a fact.
Indeed, like Madstarr12 said, one time i predicted only 1.7 million, now i predict 2 million because Splatoon has sold better than i expected.

Mario Kart worldwide has a 55% attach rate. 85% in France.
If Mario Kart can hit 50% attach rate, even Splatoon can, if not more, i don't see why not.
"But Splatoon is not Mario Kart" indeed, is a bigger game. ;P
Mario Kart is a completely different franchise compared to Splatoon. It is a proven beast. Splatoon, meanwhile, still is an unknown variable and no one can accurately predict where it will end up in the overall sales.

We are talking about an attach rate in Japan, not worldwide, because that is an entirely different topic. Your 2+ million prediciton is for Japan hence my point. Will the Wii U even reach the same sales figure as it did in 2015?

YTD for Wii U is 550k so far and it has sold 2.694 million. If it sells an average of 40k in the remaining 5 weeks, that will put the full YTD at around 750k, bumping overall sales to around 2.9 million. Will it be able to even reach that many sales by the end of 2016?

Suppose next year, the Wii U sales are down 20% YOY, we get around 600k. This means that the Wii U will have sold around 3.5 million by 2016, in best case scenario. This is without counting the impact of a new Nintendo hardware in 2016. This is really an insane attach ratio if you expect Splatoon to sell 2 million+ by the end of 2016.

Fisico

If we talk about the minimum, then 1.5 million is absolutely the worst scenario EVER, you just need to use the math for know is IMPOSSIBLE for Splatoon sell under 1.5 million. :p

Sales predictions are not math, they're about statistics, market trends and studies.

I've been following MC threads for years and while your enthusiasm for Splatoon was fun and appreciated at first, it's getting to the point where it almost becomes annoying and the topic always sidetracks in some kind of dumb comparison which makes no sense whatsoever as of now like your Splatoon > FFXIII > FFXV

2M also seems like a huge stretch considering we don't have enough info to now how the Wii U will fare in 2016.

Maybe it'll show up on Dengeki.
Perhaps it will.
From what I gather. Intergrow really didn't bother marketing Shantae aside from posting a few pics on their twitter.
Couldn't even be bothered to release a second trailer at the release date. So I guess it's not that surprising?

Still. Will probably sell it's shipment without too much trouble. I ordered it from AmiAmi and it has it on back-order.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Mario Kart is a completely different franchise compared to Splatoon. It is a proven beast. Splatoon, meanwhile, still is an unknown variable and no one can accurately predict where it will end up in the overall sales.

We are talking about an attach rate in Japan, not worldwide, because that is an entirely different topic. Your 2+ million prediciton is for Japan hence my point. Will the Wii U even reach the same sales figure as it did in 2015?

YTD for Wii U is 550k so far and it has sold 2.694 million. If it sells an average of 40k in the remaining 5 weeks, that will put the full YTD at around 750k, bumping overall sales to around 2.9 million. Will it be able to even reach that many sales by the end of 2016?

Suppose next year, the Wii U sales are down 20% YOY, we get around 600k. This means that the Wii U will have sold around 3.5 million by 2016, in best case scenario. This is without counting the impact of a new Nintendo hardware in 2016. This is really an insane attach ratio if you expect Splatoon to sell 2 million+ by the end of 2016.

The comparation with Mario Kart is a good comparation. Nintendo game with legs compare to Nintendo game with legs.

"Is still is an unknown variable and no one can accurately predict where it will end up in the overall sales", well, i don't agree with this honestly.
We have see 7 months of Splatoon sales, 26 weeks for be correct. I think now we know how the trend is. Is not that hard make a prediction in my opinion.

And honestly i don't think the attach rate means much, because Splatoon since it's released has doubled the Wii U basis... 5/6k to 10/12k in the most weeks ( withouth the 3 weeks before the bundle), i think a lot of people who buy a Wii U actually buy it only for Splatoon.
Wii U was gonna be down YOY most likely... but thanks Splatoon, will not.
So yes, i expect Splatoon to have a insane attach rate in Japan.

Also i don't predict 2 million by end of 2016, but by end of 2018, when all is well and done and the Wii U will be discontinued.

And i don't think Wii U will sell 4 million. I predict 3,750,000 lifetime for Wii U, and a 53.5% attach rate for Splatoon.
This seem reasonable in my opinion. Imo, of course.

That said, again, 2 million is just what i think, it can sell more, or less.

What do you predict for Splatoon LT?

Sales predictions are not math, they're about statistics, market trends and studies.

I've been following MC threads for years and while your enthusiasm for Splatoon was fun and appreciated at first, it's getting to the point where it almost becomes annoying and the topic always sidetracks in some kind of dumb comparison which makes no sense whatsoever as of now like your Splatoon > FFXIII > FFXV

2M also seems like a huge stretch considering we don't have enough info to now how the Wii U will fare in 2016.

And again.
So far Splatoon has always sold more than what i predicted. My prediction is rised, because Splatoon has sold better than i expected. Not because i said "humm, wanna rise my Splatoon prediction! 2 million!".

Now, like i said every times, i'm ok if you disagree with my 2 million prediction.
But considering the story of this game, back when people thought was gonna flop, or when after the first week people predicted 400 / 500 k lifetime, i think now we can just wait and see, since now the game has already sold almost 1 million, and one time this was crazy not even in Japan, but Worldwide.

ZoddGutts

If the new JoJo game does half of what Battle All-Star did, I would consider it a success considering all the problems that Battle All-Star had.

noshten

Reminder of last year's MK8 Holiday performance:
Mario Kart 8 - 12.742 (Nov 24 - Nov 30)
Mario Kart 8 - 19.244 (Dec 01 - Dec 07)
Mario Kart 8 - 24.938 (Dec 08 - Dec 14)
Mario Kart 8 - 34.331 (Dec 15 - Dec 21)
Mario Kart 8 - 38.637 (Dec 22 - Dec 28)
Mario Kart 8 - 28.403 (Dec 29 - Jan 4)
Total: 158.295

Lets say that the Wii U performs relatively to the Holiday period of 2014.
The position that Splatoon will probably reach 1.1-1.2 million by the end of the year in Japan alone and this is by all means not far fetched. It has constantly tracked above MK8 and only now got bundled with the Wii U.
To me it shows that lifetime it would be bigger than MK8 in Japan, in fact it will most certainly outsell MK8 life time sales in Japan either by the end of this year or early next year.

Even if we are conservative with the estimates Splatoon will continue to chug along. It's basically overtaken MK8 as the game new Wii U owners in Japan buy. I'd be surprised if it's not above 1.5 million physical by it's first calendar year.

I don't see how 2 million is a huge stretch from there.

The comparation with Mario Kart is a good comparation. Nintendo game with legs compare to Nintendo game with legs.

"Is still is an unknown variable and no one can accurately predict where it will end up in the overall sales", well, i don't agree with this honestly.
We have see 7 months of Splatoon sales, 26 weeks for be correct. I think now we know how the trend is. Is not that hard make a prediction in my opinion.

And honestly i don't think the attach rate means much, because Splatoon since it's released has doubled the Wii U basis... 5/6k to 10/12k in the most weeks ( withouth the 3 weeks before the bundle), i think a lot of people who buy a Wii U actually buy it only for Splatoon.
Wii U was gonna be down YOY most likely... but thanks Splatoon, will not.
So yes, i expect Splatoon to have a insane attach rate in Japan.

Also i don't predict 2 million by end of 2016, but by end of 2018, when all is well and done and the Wii U will be discontinued.

And i don't think Wii U will sell 4 million. I predict 3,750,000 lifetime for Wii U, and a 53.5% attach rate for Splatoon.
This seem reasonable in my opinion. Imo, of course.

That said, again, 2 million is just what i think, it can sell more, or less.

What do you predict for Splatoon LT?
You have predicted 1.85 million by the end of 2016, which is pretty damn high as well.

As for what I predict for Splatoon LTD sales? Somewhere between 1.4 to 1.6 million. Certainly not 2+ million LTD in Japan.

Nintendo is definitely going to continue the IP and we might see a new Splatoon in 2016-2017? I don't expect the original, especially since it is such a multiplayer oriented game tied to an active community, to continue selling in late 2016 and beyond. Will the community keep it alive and active till 2018 like you predict here? Nope.

P.S I haven't played Splatoon but its appeal certainly isn't tied to its single player campaign or offline portion, right? Mario Kart is big because of its offline co-op multiplayer and hence it has long legs. A multiplayer focused game like Splatoon won't have the same impact once its community moves on to the next game. Which is why this comparison between Mario Kart and Splatoon is ridiculous.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
You have predicted 1.85 million by the end of 2016, which is pretty damn high as well.

As for what I predict for Splatoon LTD sales? Somewhere between 1.4 to 1.6 million. Certainly not 2+ million LTD in Japan.

Nintendo is definitely going to continue the IP and we might see a new Splatoon in 2016-2017? I don't expect the original, especially since it is such a multiplayer oriented game tied to an active community, to continue selling in late 2016 and beyond. Will the community keep it alive and active till 2018 like you predict here? Nope.

P.S I haven't played Splatoon but its appeal certainly isn't tied to its single player campaign or offline portion, right? Mario Kart is big because of its offline co-op multiplayer and hence it has long legs. A multiplayer focused game like Splatoon won't have the same impact once its community moves on to the next game. Which is why this comparison between Mario Kart and Splatoon is ridiculous.

Well, forget about my 2m prediction for now.

Now i wanna talk about you're 1.4-1.6m prediction.

Like we know, Splatoon will be at > 1 million in max 2 weeks. then, with another 3 weeks, Splatoon will definitively sell with an avg bigger than 33k, since is what has sold MK8.

1,100,000 minimum by end of year.
So, for sell 1,400,000, it need to sell just another 300,000 unit in 2016.
300,000 in 52 weeks is an avg of 5,770 unit all weeks.
And this including golden week, obon week, and the holidays sales... and then, 2017.
Maybe not 2018. But at least some others unit even in 2017 will be sold. Maybe even only 50k. Or 20k. But Splatoon will sell some units even in 2017.
1.4 is very, very low.

About 1,600,000.
Well, this mean another 500,000 unit, and an avg of 9,615 unit all weeks in 2016... seem more reasonable, but yeah, with the special weeks and the holidays, this still seem low in my opinion.
Even because i talk about retail+digital, not only retail.

So yeah, like you believe my 2 million prediction seem crazy, i need to say the same with you're prediction.

But at this point, i think we just need to wait and see. :)

P.S
Don't forget the NX will most likely be retro compatible, so, i don't think will eat so much the Splatoon sales as many people think... and i also think 2016 is too soon for Splatoon 2.
More like 2017 / 2018. Probabily 2017 since Nintendo get how strong is this game.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Vena said:
If you want to assume no saturation on genre/appeal
In absence of bundles, I imagine when you have two biggest FPS of the year release in a 3 week period, it's pretty unlikely you will have a major influx of new shooter fans picking up the console on week 3.

That said...
then the baseline would have to fall to ~20k
That's what the sales were before COD released, wouldn't that have been the presumed last known baseline anyway?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
PS4 is shaping up to be the definitive console for JRPGs, even in Japan.

Based on the ok (but still low raw number) sales of a re-release? It's way too early to say anything of the sort imo lol. I agree about its future release slate looking promising, but these current sales #s say very little imo.

Also like others said, Splatoon is one of the few exceptions to a strict install base argument. Considering the game itself has managed to get a lot of folks in Japan to buy Wii Us, it's increasing the install base slowly for itself. I do think 2M is still a huge stretch, but I could see it hit 1.5M when it all ends (remember it's still only at 800K).

Stolen from VGC:

vykaOIx.png

The next two days will be very important.

MHX will probably fall behind MH4U and close with less pre-orders at Comg.

Based on the ok (but still low raw number) sales of a re-release? It's way too early to say anything of the sort imo lol. I agree about its future release slate looking promising, but these current sales #s say very little imo.

Also like others said, Splatoon is one of the few exceptions to a strict install base argument. Considering the game itself has managed to get a lot of folks in Japan to buy Wii Us, it's increasing the install base slowly for itself. I do think 2M is still a huge stretch, but I could see it hit 1.5M when it all ends (remember it's still only at 800K).
PS4 is the definitive console for JRPGs by default at the moment ;)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Famitsu Retail and Digital Sales: October 2015 (Oct 05 - Nov 01)

01. [PSV] God Eater Resurrection {2015.10.29} - 125,119 | Retail: 114,994; Digital: 10,125
02. [3DS] 7th Dragon III Code: VFD {2015.10.15} - 94,536 | Retail: 90,441; Digital: 4,095
03. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes {2015.10.22} - 86,230 | Retail: 79,886; Digital: 6,344
04. [WIU] Super Mario Maker {2015.9.10} - 84,717 | Retail: 75,235; Digital: 9,482
05. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch Busters: Red Cat Team / White Dog Squad {2015.7.11} - 70,276 | Retail: 67,802; Digital: 2,474
06. [WIU] Splatoon {2015.5.28} - 46,145 | Retail: 40,250; Digital: 5,895
07. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 {2015.10.1} - 41,984 | Retail: 40,497; Digital: 1,487
08. [3DS] Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer {2015.7.30} - 40,914 | Retail: 38,306; Digital: 2,608
09. [3DS] Famista Returns {2015.10.8} - 40,063 | Retail: 37,471; Digital: 2,592
10. [PS4] Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection {2015.10.8} - 38,849 | Retail: 34,622; Digital: 4,227
11. [3DS] PriPara Mezase! Idol Grand Prix No.1! {2015.10.22} - 38,043 | Retail: 36,626; Digital: 1,417
12. [PS4] FIFA 16 {2015.10.8} - 35,877 | Retail: 31,471; Digital: 4,406
13. [3DS] Picross 3D 2 {2015.10.1} - 35,715 | Retail: 31,328; Digital: 4,387
14. [PS4] God Eater Resurrection {2015.10.29} - 33,382 | Retail: 28,487; Digital: 4,895
15. [PS4] Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 {2015.10.1} - 31,162 | Retail: 28,931; Digital: 2,231
16. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition {2014.6.23} - 30,440 | Retail: 26,540; Digital: 3,900
17. [3DS] Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash {2015.10.8} - 29,678 | Retail: 28,302; Digital: 1,376
18. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu {2015.9.30} - 28,173 | Retail: 25,040; Digital: 3,133
19. [PSV] Geki Jigen Tag: Blanc + Hyperdimension Neptunia Vs. Zombie Gundan {2015.10.15} - 27,243 | Retail: 24,977; Digital: 2,266
20. [PSV] Yomawari {2015.10.29} - 26,118 | Retail: 21,196; Digital: 4,922
21. [3DS] Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon {2015.9.17} - 25,091 | Retail: 22,858; Digital: 2,233
22. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain {2015.9.2} - 22,154 | Retail: 19,482; Digital: 2,672
23. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King {2015.8.27} - 18,829 | Retail: 17,254; Digital: 1,575
24. [PS3] FIFA 16 {2015.10.8} - 17,700 | Retail: 16,413; Digital: 1,287
25. [3DS] Cube Creator 3D {2015.7.15} - Digital: 16,371
26. [PSV] Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen {2015.9.24} - 14,796 | Retail: 12,077; Digital: 2,719
27. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] {2015.10.8} - 14,548 | Retail: 14,087; Digital: 461
28. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain {2015.9.2} - 13,797 | Retail: 12,690; Digital: 1,107
29. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ {2015.6.11} - 12,775 | Retail: 11,514; Digital: 1,261
30. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni {2015.10.1} - 12,734 | Retail: 11,368; Digital: 1,366

Monthly charts since October 2014:

October 2014
November 2014
December 2014
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
June 2015
July 2015
August 2015
September 2015

impact

Banned
Before people panic about a Pokémon game launching "so low"

Pokémon Rumble World is a retail release of a game that has been free to play on the Nintendo eShop since April. This version just gives you the maximum purchasable amount of the in-game currency, PokéDiamonds, straight off the bat and gives you all the benefits within.

It's also the 4th highest grossing eShop exclusive thing Nintendo has, behind only Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8 DLC
31l.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/04.html

Interesting discrepancy between Famitsu and Media Create for amiibo Festival, though.
And the weather too, it's really hot in Florida. Heat waves are fierce.

after 3 weeks

01./01. [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.01} (¥5.480) - 41.764 / 193.644 <60-80%> (-11%)

09./04. [3DS] Disney Magic World 2 # <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.11.05} (¥6.145) - 13.362 / 107.945 <40-60%> (-46%)

week 1 : -35,144
week 2 : -57,297
week 3 : -86,699

if BNGI releases Magic World 3 I suggest them to launch in August again

Retail + digital, Splatoon should be over 1.2 million by end of year, i say 1.25 million.
Then, after that, i predict Splatoon should sell 8-12k in a normal week, and should be boosted to >15k some weeks like during Obon or Golden week. And there are December 2016 sales, which will boost Splatoon again. So in 52 weeks, i say >600k for Splatoon retail + digital, which is a total of 1.85 million.
Another 150k in 2017 and 2018, then the game will stop selling.

Also, 2 million is my personal prediction haha, is not the minimum.
It can even sell only 1.7-1.8 million, who know, and i'm ok if will happen, since i never said "1.7-1.8 million is THE MINIMUM!!!" i just disagree with who predict those numbers, but even if for me seem too low and pecsimist, can happen.

Lol, so 2 million is the max amount? Remember that the Splatoon bundle will be one of the reasons why Splatoon will sell those 8-12K weekly (if it does sell that way EVERY week), once the bundles are gone, the Squids will sink down to the abyss. Without the bundle, you'll be lucky to have 4-6K per week. So 8-12K normal week for the ENTIRE year is very unlikely. Though, if Nintendo cuts the Splatoon bundles, let's say Q1 of the calendar year, 2 million will be impossible. But of course, I wanna see the post-holiday effects first before saying yes or no.

I guess we can conclude Halo 5 did not have 90% digital sales.

you can't conclude anything cause Halo 5 should have done at least 12k to chart :

29. [3DS] Rhythm Heaven: The Best+ {2015.6.11} - 12,775 | Retail: 11,514; Digital: 1,261
30. [PSV] Yoru no Nai Kuni {2015.10.1} - 12,734 | Retail: 11,368; Digital: 1,366

the positions are calculated by first for retail sales then digital, as you can see from above example #30 had 1,366 digital sales but it's behind #29 which sold only 1,261

so we don't know if Halo 5 sold 0,1k, 1k or 3k by digital

you can't conclude anything cause Halo 5 should have done at least 12k to chart :

the positions are calculated by first for retail sales then digital, as you can see from above example #30 had 1,366 digital sales but it's behind #29 which sold only 1,261

Sales are calculated by overall figures (retail + digital), so we know Halo 5 sold < 7,185 digital at least (lowest entry in the top 30 minus physical sales from week 1).

(I know the 90% thing is a running joke, I just think you're confused about how these charts work, so I wanted to throw that in).

If you haven't played the game, do not act as you did. SAO games are typical ARPG and nothing similar to MH.

Yes, I have played both series. I might have not said specifically, but I was going to say it uses the same concept: big bosses, pick up quest and explore with friends via ad-hoc. So, these kind of the games are preferably played on mobile devices that you bring it to school or anywhere with your friends.

If Halo 5 actually had 90% digital it would've been #6 on the list, someone doesn't know what the 90% meme is about :p

Sales are calculated by overall figures (retail + digital), so we know Halo 5 sold < 7,185 digital at least (lowest entry in the top 30 minus physical sales from week 1).

(I know the 90% thing is a running joke, I just think you're confused about how these charts work, so I wanted to throw that in).

I see, thanks for your explanation :)

But I was not arguing about 90%, I know it's a joke, I was just pointing out that from those numbers we still don't know how much Halo 5 did

but... iirc Halo 5 only charted in Dengeki, or not ?

Eolz

FF7R > FFXV > DQ11 PS4
FF7R > FFXV > Splatoon

This is what I feel right now. Yes I believe in the power of Cloud.

What surprises me the most in this ranking is FFXV above DQXI PS4. Any reason why?
But yeah, I also think in the end Splatoon will be above FFXV (japan only obviously).
FF7R will be above everyone of those (probably not DQXI 3DS), depending on its release date and other platforms.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
PS4 is the definitive console for JRPGs by default at the moment ;)

I guess? Although right now, haven't the Wii U's only 2 JRPGs (Xeno X & DQX) easily outsold any JRPG on PS4 lol? Witcher 3 did quite well on PS4 (even better than Xeno & DQ), so maybe that'll bode well for the PS4's JRPGs.

Diffense

Funny that we're having arguments about whether Splatoon will sell 1.6M or 2M when a fair number of people expected it to sell less than the difference between those two estimates. Times have certainly changed.

Splatoon could very well be over 1 million in Japan by the end of this year. That's crazy! Its launch anniversary is not until midway through 2016. Mario Kart 8 hit 1 million in June of 2015 after having launched on May 29 2014. Mario Kart 8 took a year to accomplish what Splatoon will do in 6 months! It could very well "leg" itself to 2 million throughout 2016-17 when the Wii U is replaced. IMO, that's not a completely farfetched scenario. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Prelude.

&#332;kami;186815075 said:
So I guess they're advertising to children now, also odd that they don't mention any games on the commercial.
The point of that ad is to let people parents know the Vita is the PSP2 and the PSP is old and busted.

horuhe

&#332;kami;186815075 said:
So I guess they're advertising to children now, also odd that they don't mention any games on the commercial.
I think it's pretty much obvious that Minecraft has a lot to do with it. This is the Sony's Splatoon, for these holidays.

Top Bottom