• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2011 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
At this point MH on 3DS will have to bomb to get a Vita version.

but there's potentially nothing stopping them doing MHP on PSP/PSV - well, maybe there is details of deal pending i guess. This may well be part of a multigame exclusivity deal from the -original- MH3. We just don't know at the moment.

but IF it sells on 3DS why split the fanbase even further.

they've just potentially split from a 5m user base, what harm would it do putting out another version on PSP that runs on PSV (or an HD PSV version) ? None basically and i don't htink it's going to split the user base like people think it will because i expect it to underperform ;)

Presumably they'd know when they're buying it on a portable system or not.

as noted - yes. However, maybe they'd think that it's different because it's -not- called "Portable" (i -know- that logic sounds silly, but you'd be surprised)

Erethian

they've just potentially split from a 5m user base, what harm would it do putting out another version on PSP that runs on PSV (or an HD PSV version) ? None basically and i don't htink it's going to split the user base like people think it will because i expect it to underperform ;)
I think they kind of missed the chance to do a MHP3rd G now that they've got two titles for one of the new handhelds. Would have been much better to do it before 3G and MH4 were announced/released.

Not that they couldn't do it, but the messaging on it to the userbase would seem... messy. I mean to get that critical mass of users that builds the peer pressure that the portable games feed off, you really need to have the series dedicated to a single handheld. And be communicating strongly that portable MH now belongs to the PSP, or 3DS, or Vita.

I think they kind of missed the chance to do a MHP3rd G now that they've got two titles for one of the new handhelds. Would have been much better to do it before 3G and MH4 were announced/released.

Not that they couldn't do it, but the messaging on it to the userbase would seem... messy. I mean to get that critical mass of users that builds the peer pressure that the portable games feed off, you really need to have the series dedicated to a single handheld. And be communicating strongly that portable MH now belongs to the PSP, or 3DS, or Vita.

Nah watch em do the Activision impersonation and release one MH/year alternating between series like Black Ops/MW series

/wishfulThinking.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If I had a dollar for every dumb post you've made I could buy you two 3DS ;P

No, but DKC is probably a million seller now.

And I think there's no reason to halt Zelda for an entire generation mainly because they are excellent games (IMO). Besides Nintendo won't halt Zelda because it always put respectable numbers WW, makes tons of profit and this is a business after all.

I'd wait until Nintendo's fiscal year numbers (31st March) to see how SS has performed. But this doesn't bode well for now and we have (hopefully) NPD numbers today, right? Let's see if SS has sold >1m in November or we can keep doing SS bomba jokes.

I think the real problem has never been the game or that even M+ had a huge part in that. The problem is the apathy towards the Wii itself by the core-gamers public. It's pretty obvious even most of the people who had interest in Wii core-gaming have abandoned the platform en-masse. Anectodal, but even friends who actually own the console told me they weren't really compelled to go back to Wii graphics once again and put down the money while all kinda of uber blockbusters released this month on the HD twins.
I think that if SS gets to 400k/450 LTD in Japan it'll be as good as it gets, not really disappointing from a sales-age perspective all things considering,

Also if the game broke 750k on this month's NPD it'll be nothing to scoff at.

test_account

XP-39C²
Iwata must be an idiot I guess, if he secured the exclusivity.

I could see them putting frontier type mmo game on Vita though - but IF it sells on 3DS why split the fanbase even further. Every Capcom 3DS title is published by NoE these days, so will Tri G. At this point MH on 3DS will have to bomb to get a Vita version.
Do people in Japan go around asking randomly people to play MH with them? Honest question. If they dont, then i dont see why releasing MH as multiplatform will have much impact compared to other multiplatform games.

I know about the local VS online play, but i dont think there is that much different there. If you want to play local with friends, you need the same system as they do. But that goes for online as well. If 5 friends want to play Call of Duty together, then all need either a PS3, Xbox 360 or PC. But this seems to work fine, it doesnt hurt the CoD franchise to split it like that, it just makes the franchise to sell more in fact.

It is easier to play against random people online though, that is why i asked if people goes around and asking random people if they want to play MH with them.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Do people in Japan go around asking randomly people to play MH with them? Honest question.

this isn't a "stealth brag" or anything like that but i've had -mainly- random women strike up conversation on the train when they see i'm playing Monster Hunter Portable.

No model look women, no offers of sexors, and i'm an ugly tw@ ! ;) It was all talk about where i was, what weapon i used, what monsters i didn't like and then the reverse.

So yeah, there's a social element it would appear - and in schools it sounds like the game is HUGE.

Wow, I can't believe I clicked on that twice.

kL7PE.gif

Road

Dengeki Sales, Nov 28 - Dec 04, 2011 (Week 49)

01. (__) [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 422,459 / 422,459 [ST: ~70% => 604,000]
02. (__) [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. (Bandai Namco) - 335,890 / 335,890 [ST: ~70% => 480,000]
03. (04) [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) - 73,200 / 625,346 (+17%)
04. (__) [PS3] Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft) - 35,338 / 35,338
05. (01) [WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo) - 34,211 / 236,222 (-83%)
06. (__) [WII] Fortune Street (Square Enix) - 31,510 / 31,510
07. (12) [WII] Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Nintendo) - 25,312 / 277,201 (+25%)
08. (__) [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 14 (Konami) - 25,154 / 25,154
09. (02) [PSP] 7th Dragon 2020 (SEGA) - 23,865 / 135,962 (-79%)
10. (__) [PSP] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco) - 22,625 / 22,625
11. (__) [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco) - 21,889 / 21,889
12. (10) [NDS] One Piece: Gigant Battle! 2 New World (Bandai Namco) - 19,482 / 169,035 (-33%)
13. (03) [PSP] Little Battlers eXperience - Boost (Level 5) - 19,450 / 82,324 (-69%)
14. (__) [PS3] The King of Fighters XIII (SNK Playmore) - 19,257 / 19,257
15. (20) [WII] Just Dance Wii (Nintendo) - 17,888 / 248,277 (+26%)
16. (19) [WII] PokePark 2: Beyond the World (Pokemon Co.) - 16,653 / 86,529 (+11%)
17. (22) [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 16,170 / ?
18. (08) [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Ketteiban (Bandai Namco) - 15,833 / 49,123 (-52%)
19. (09) [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Subtitled Edition (Square Enix) - 14,539 / 225,462 (-54%)
20. (06) [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (Konami) - 13,578 / 69,749 (-76%)

*ST: Sell-through => estimated copies shipped.

Other software (first week / LTD):
2005-12-08 [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) - 222,000 / 3,783,000
2008-04-10 [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 591,000 / 3,251,000
2006-12-07 [PS2] Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Federation vs. Z.A.F.T. II PLUS (Bandai Namco) - 301,000 / 495,000
2010-12-09 [PS3] Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft) - 35,000 / 77,000

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/436/436658/
http://megalodon.jp/2011-1209-1953-24/news.dengeki.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

Week 48: 11-21~11-27

this isn't a "stealth brag" or anything like that but i've had -mainly- random women strike up conversation on the train when they see i'm playing Monster Hunter Portable.

No model look women, no offers of sexors, and i'm an ugly tw@ ! ;) It was all talk about where i was, what weapon i used, what monsters i didn't like and then the reverse.

So yeah, there's a social element it would appear - and in schools it sounds like the game is HUGE.

You're missing your cue there:

"Ohhhhh... so you're using the Deep Darkhammer... Would you like to see my Vamiringa?"

Road

It has already been discussed, but here are the numbers:

Media Create
[PS2] The King of Fighters XI (SNK Playmore) {2006-06-22} - 28,015 / 42,774

[PS3] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) {2009-07-30} - 13,777 / 22,569
[360] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) {2009-07-30} - 4,285 / 6,807

[PS3] The King of Fighters XIII (SNK Playmore) {2011.12.01} - 21,525 / NEW

Famitsu
[PS2] The King of Fighters XI (SNK Playmore) {2006-06-22} - 25,418 / 47,225

[PS3] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) {2009-07-30} - 12,507 / 28,848
[360] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore) {2009-07-30} - 5,466 / 12,869

Deadline:
t1323867600z0.png

Prediction League December 12 - 18 (3-in-1 edition)
- Any entry missing MC Top20 will be taken out of the predictions.
- New PS3 limited bundle with FFXIII-2 is released.
- PlayStation Vita is released on two SKUs, which will be added together (if tracked separately).
- There will be 3 rankings (6 winners, 18 medals):
· (First 4) Non-Vita stuff specific ranking (released on Thursday, 4 days of sales tracked)
· (Last 4) Vita stuff specific ranking (released on Saturday, 2 days of sales tracked)
· (All 8) Combined ranking

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) -
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) -
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) -
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) -
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) -
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) -
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) -
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) -

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 360k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 170k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 60k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 590k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 165k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 70k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 45k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 38k

BurntPork

Banned
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 439k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 129k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 79k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 749k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 399k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 109k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 59k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 49k

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 420k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 115k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 80k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 470k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 240k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 80k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 55k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 26k

Orgen

I thought Nintendo's press release had SS at ~550k through black Friday in NA?

I don't think a million is realistic if that's the case.

Yeah it'll be very difficult to reach 1m but sometimes unrealistic things happen.

Btw, when is NPD day? Next Thursday?

From July until November it sold 18k. Last 2 weeks it sold 800 copies. It is currently at 947k. 1 million won't be easy.

This is Nintendo's fault. They were afraid that a "western" platformer could sell more than Mario Galaxy so they stopped shipping copies. Shortages!!!!

Jokes aside I think it'll get there eventually.

Ouch. Yeah, not a chance in hell.

Now I'm pretty sure it'll sell 1m :)

Hmm, that's not a bad idea at all but it sounds like austerity measures to help the spaniard get through this...that must make you the german! Hah, I'm still not sure where are you from but from now on I'm going to picture you as a german (the perfect excel database makes more sense now). Still, my spaniard proud is probably going to make one big invincible army of predictions this week (to be sunk by next week). Will be a good way to go.

Show them our spaniard pride! I'd pick 4 Vita titles btw.

I think the real problem has never been the game or that even M+ had a huge part in that. The problem is the apathy towards the Wii itself by the core-gamers public. It's pretty obvious even most of the people who had interest in Wii core-gaming have abandoned the platform en-masse. Anectodal, but even friends who actually own the console told me they weren't really compelled to go back to Wii graphics once again and put down the money while all kinda of uber blockbusters released this month on the HD twins.
I think that if SS gets to 400k/450 LTD in Japan it'll be as good as it gets, not really disappointing from a sales-age perspective all things considering,

Also if the game broke 750k on this month's NPD it'll be nothing to scoff at.

Anecdotal too: I haven't seen any Zelda commercial here (Spain) and I've seen tons for Mario & Sonic 2012. 4 days ago I told a couple of friends that I've been playing SS and they said "WTF? Is there a new Zelda for Wii?".

And then there's the disinterest from the core gamers as you said, the price for the bundle (60€ here at the cheapest places, when the stand-alone version is 36€) and the M+.

This is like the 3DS situation before August. We knew there were two main problems: Games and price. We didn't know which was the worst. With SS we have several problems too and we don't know which is the worst. For me? The incompetence of Nintendo regarding the M+ and Wii Play: Motion (this is truly an epic bomb). Now they're trying to sort out this (I've seen Wii Play: Motion + Wii Remote+ for 36€) but it's too little too late.

Finally I don't think the stalling of the series can affect the sales. Every non-portable Zelda has sold between 4,5-5,5 million WW if I'm not mistaken (with the exception of OoT64 that sold more and maybe Majora's that sold a little less than 4,5m). And SS will make there I'm pretty sure. Is this a disappointment seeing the Wii user base? Of course but maybe Zelda has a dedicated fanbase consisting of "only" 5 million persons. Who knows.

What we really know is that SS won't sell a million in Japan and 8-10 million WW like some people here predicted :p

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
but there's potentially nothing stopping them doing MHP on PSP/PSV - well, maybe there is details of deal pending i guess. This may well be part of a multigame exclusivity deal from the -original- MH3. We just don't know at the moment.

as noted - yes. However, maybe they'd think that it's different because it's -not- called "Portable" (i -know- that logic sounds silly, but you'd be surprised)
So moving on to next gen is the same as splitting a fanbase now, rather than cultivating one on a system with a future? Even if they made another PSP game instead of 3DS they'd eventually still have to move to a next gen system so this "split" would be mandatory at some point. And they chose that point to be now. Vita's backwards compatibility wouldn't suddenly mean there's no such "split" when they eventually stopped supporting the PSP, which they obviously would.

Not that I disagree there may be a Vita MonHun, maybe 4 will be multiplatform for all we know (though I wouldn't bet on it either, never know with Capcom or Nintendo), but it would definitely be more of an actual split after releasing 3G on 3DS and showing 4 is going to arrive on it too to inspire confidence in the fanbase. Especially if you consider going to 3DS from PSP a split. Which, again, I'm not saying makes it impossible, I was of those who used to say a split doesn't seem that important before the announcements where Vita fans laughed at 3DS fans for expecting a MonHun on that before Vita. And there's no reason to think it would do loads better on Vita even if it does underperform on 3DS, which can happen for reasons that would apply to Vita just the same. It's still a different new system that isn't the PSP even if it looks like it.

Orgen

Thanks.

Predictions:

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 375.000
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 231.000
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 72.000
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 847.000
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 289.000
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 106.000
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 64.000
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 40.000

test_account

XP-39C²

That is cool :) I still think that the game can manage fine as multiplatform though, because millions are interested in it. It is a big enough market to be in 2 platforms in my opinion.

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 380k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 170k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 54k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 550k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 230k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 85k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 70k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 34k

I believe Japan's population is around 120m. Now if by school kids we mean a span of 8 years (middle and high), that would probably (totally not statistically) roughly mean that there are almost 12m schoolers (8/80); and if 4m of 5m MH games are sold to them, that would amount to 1/3 person owning the game. I also believe that this is more popular among boys than girls, so I guess it means between every two boy at school one owns MH. I guess it is really HUGE, it is a phenomena. I never thought about it like this honestly...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 350k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 120k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 65k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 920k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 250k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 130k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 72k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 100k

Slime

Banned
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 330k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 110k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 70k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 940k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 210k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 72k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 66k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 70k

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 345,687
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 178,901
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 66,666
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 666,666
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 256,789
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 98,765
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 45,678
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 65,432

Are these Japan only numbers?

Regarding Zelda.... what did Nintendo expect by releasing a Fischer-Price like Zelda game? This series has completely lost its way. It bears absolutely no resemblance to the Zelda I grew up with on the NES and SNES. Its disappointing. I have intentionally boycotted this release in the hopes that Nintendo will change its ways and reboot the series with a AAA, epic New Legend of Zelda - preferably that combines I and II. By AAA I do not mean cutscenes and endless blathering of NPCs. Bo cutscenes just non-stop, quick and difficult, action gameplay.

Peru

Fisher-Price? Jesus, if you didn't 'boycott' this release you might've realized it's perhaps the most difficult 3D Zelda.

Oxx

If they ever do a New Legend of Zelda, I doubt it would look like the AAA, epic you envisage, but I could see them stripping-out cutscenes and NPC chatter.

Fisher-Price? Jesus, if you didn't 'boycott' this release you might've realized it's perhaps the most difficult 3D Zelda.

So, what? None of the 3D Zelda games have been hard.

Fisher-Price doesn't just describe the difficulty level, it is the whole presentation, the cutesy characters, the "let's sing a song" crap.

Zelda is supposed to be an Action/RPG, I don't know what it has been turned into.

If they ever do a New Legend of Zelda, I doubt it would look like the AAA, epic you envisage, but I could see them stripping-out cutscenes and NPC chatter.
It has to. Nintendo doesn't have a choice. Their core franchises are dying, there is an internal shake-up at Nintendo...

baekshi

Banned
[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 251,111
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 111,111
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 60,555
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 699,999
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 311,111
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 91,111
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 61,111
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 71,111

Rhod

Are these Japan only numbers?

Regarding Zelda.... what did Nintendo expect by releasing a Fischer-Price like Zelda game? This series has completely lost its way. It bears absolutely no resemblance to the Zelda I grew up with on the NES and SNES..

It bears remarkable resemblance to the SNES game, from its emphasis on potion buying, its dash (pegasus boots style) rather than animal to get around, it's simpler world re-treaded in various forms (light/dark world), its comfortable town with simple folk with simple missions (bug catching kid), its cunning, inventive dungeons (wait until you unboycott that last dungeon), its satisfying to solve yet easy to destroy bosses, and its repeated battle types in ever-escalating difficulty.

Frankly, even the mass horde of enemies which happens at some point in the game is reminiscent of the guards outside Hyrule Castle in LttP (and moreso Four Swords Adventures).

You do yourself a disservice if you boycott SS because it's a deviation from SNES Zelda. It's easily the closest one yet.

Rhod

There are no spoilers in that post. Unless you mean LttP spoilers. But sorry, if you feel there were. I'm not one who understands the idea of spoilers in games at all.

Kenka

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (Nintendo) - 293k
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark (Level 5) - 103k
[PS3] PlayStation 3 Hardware (SCE) - 63k
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix) - 533k
[PSV] Playstation Vita Hardware (SCE) - 213k
[PSV] Minna no Golf 6 (Hot Shots Golf) (SCE) - 103k
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss (SCE) - 63k
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) - 43k

It bears remarkable resemblance to the SNES game, from its emphasis on potion buying, its dash (pegasus boots style) rather than animal to get around, it's simpler world re-treaded in various forms (light/dark world), its comfortable town with simple folk with simple missions (bug catching kid), its cunning, inventive dungeons (wait until you unboycott that last dungeon), its satisfying to solve yet easy to destroy bosses, and its repeated battle types in ever-escalating difficulty.

Frankly, even the mass horde of enemies which happens at some point in the game is reminiscent of the guards outside Hyrule Castle in LttP (and moreso Four Swords Adventures).

You do yourself a disservice if you boycott SS because it's a deviation from SNES Zelda. It's easily the closest one yet.

The SNES game was good for a 2D game 15-20 years ago. The gameplay is just completely lacking... notice how you used the word "solve". There is so much confusion in your post I don't feel like addressing it.

Thanks for that.
A real video game can't be spoiled since it does not rely on the progression of a script.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So first you say it's not old school enough, then you say it's so old school it hasn't improved in 20 years?

SS is more nonstop action than Zelda 1. Try playing games instead of judging them under such boycott conditions.

That just makes you look like a re-run of the Wind Waker reveal meltdowns - oh no, it's got colors, it's fisher price kiddy!

No, watching the first hour on youtube doesn't count, nor does having a relatively quick tutorial area make a game worthless.

The SNES Zeldas are also still good, not just because gaming hasn't really evolved much since then, but also because, well, they're good.

Why use sales to validate your opinion over those who disagree with you? I've probably liked games that sold great yet you hated, it doesn't mean shit.

GCX

The SNES game was good for a 2D game 15-20 years ago. The gameplay is just completely lacking... notice how you used the word "solve". There is so much confusion in your post I don't feel like addressing it.
Sooo first you complained that SS doesn't resemble good old NES and SNES games at all and now it resembles them so much that the gameplay is exactly the same as 20 years ago? Okay.

Top Bottom