• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2012 (Nov 26 - Dec 02)

Layton vs Ace Attorney better be localized. Would be a tragedy of epic proportions to not be able to play it.

I have faith that it will be. we have every layton and AA5 is confirm for English release. Maybe Nintendo can step in to localize like they did with every layton game.

Takao

Banned
i'd give it another few weeks, should do well over the holidays

Here's the second week comparison :
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (Pokemon Co.) - 60,141 / 194,917
[GBA] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (Pokemon Co.) - 58,112 / 179,306
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness (Pokemon Co.) - 176,189 / 759,902
[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (Pokemon Co.) - 56,160 / 198,424
[3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Dungeon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.11.23} (¥4.800) - 42.431 / 168.342

(Famitsu numbers)

Explorers of Sky was the third version of Time/Darkness, which explains the immediate decline from that release.

Cookie18

I check this thread every week for some good Vita news and every week I am disappointed. I just worked out that at this rate it will take the Vita roughly 34 years to match the PSP. That's so depressing when it is such a great system. Sony needs to take an axe to the price of it and chop it in half.

It's brilliant value now for what one gets but apparently people don't see that. Same with the 3DS before the price cut

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
L-5 and overshipping is becoming a cliche

almost every game they released on the Nintendo handheld were able to sell the initial shipment (I remember the LOL at Inazuma Eleven Go 3DS debut, with the goal to reach 400K: target reached and surpassed, for example) and if they are able to convince the retailers to order high quantities from the beginning having in-house the entire quantities they aim for as LTD results, without being forced to manage furhter shipments, I don't see the problem.

Layton isn't as strong as it was on the DS, but it's still managing good results, and considering that LTD numbers of the latest episode were about 350K, and looking at the LTD results of Wright games, I don't think that a 130K debut is bad at all.

Of course, if the game will drop next week and will not be able to sell for the next weeks, it would be disappointing, but if the debut will end having a 50% of the LTD and the game will be able to sell almost 300K, well...

I think that the real clichè in blaming L5, honestly.

vareon

I check this thread every week for some good Vita news and every week I am disappointed. I just worked out that at this rate it will take the Vita roughly 34 years to match the PSP. That's so depressing when it is such a great system. Sony needs to take an axe to the price of it and chop it in half.

It's brilliant value now for what one gets but apparently people don't see that. Same with the 3DS before the price cut

The One Piece Musou 2 thread should cheer you up.

wrowa

if i had to guess i'd think first shipment more like 300k
Judging by the first day ST 300k-350k sounds pretty realistic to me. Much more so than 500k or even 600k.

It should be able to sell through the first shipment comfortably in the upcoming weeks if -- and I think that's a pretty big if -- the game also appeals to the casual fans of both franchises. If the crossover aspect scares them off, though, it's going to be tough to break 250k without landing in the bombs bins.

However, I think it's too early to declare it as underperforming. Even calling it over shipped might be stretching it, considering we really can't be sure whether or not L5 wants the initial shipment last over the holidays (so that they can concentrate on producing Inazuma and Fantasy Life instead).

squall23

However, I think it's too early to declare it as underperforming. Even calling it over shipped might be stretching it, considering we really can't be sure whether or not L5 wants the initial shipment last over the holidays (so that they can concentrate on producing Inazuma and Fantasy Life instead).
Speaking of which, L5 decided the new date for IE 1-2-3 will be the same day as Fantasy Life. What are you doing, Hino?

Oxx

At least Layton/AA won't suffer any Bravely Default or Animal Crossing-style sell-outs.

There's certainly some sense behind shipping aggressively going into the holiday season.

Nibel

3DS HW sales

iygeBErFXhRnh.gif

At least Layton/AA won't suffer any Bravely Default or Animal Crossing-style sell-outs.

There's certainly some sense behind shipping aggressively going into the holiday season.

exactly, if theres ever a time it can pay to overship its now

I still think it's too early to label some of these bigger games bombs with the holidays coming up. Layton vs. Ace and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon could end up surprising us in the long run.

However I do think it's pretty certain now that Mystery Dungeon is going to be a huge decline for the series regardless of where it ends up. Good ridden I say, this whole shift of Nintendo pumping out sequels of Pokemon spin-offs needs to end. Ranger and Mystery Dungeon series need to die quickly.

Bruno MB

If Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney had a first shipment of around 300,000 - 350,000 units which is likely, I wouldn't call that over-shipping knowing how the franchise usually performs in terms of legs. Of course, this being a fan-service entry could mean that it will probably be more front-loaded. Anyway, I doubt it will have trouble selling its first shipment out during the following 4 or 5 weeks.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So are those Layton/AA numbers good?

Considering general numbers for recent Layton and Wright games, it's a normal start. not good nor bad.
If it will be able to continue selling doubling its debut, considering that the latest main Layton episod sold 350K LTD and considering the average AA LTD nnumbers, being a spin-off cross-over would be good

Blops2 still on pace to become Japan's best selling Call Of Duty, but it looks like it'll only barely squeak past MW3 rather than completely overtake it. High drop from first week sales suggests there's a finite, hardcore audience for the series.

Gadirok

3DS is going crazy over there, and with those kind of releases it makes sense to have one in japan.

Can't say the same about mines in NA though.

The vita needs to pick up some steam, seems like the 3DS is gaining the PSP's former audience, but knowing japan most people might end up with both (if the vita gets something big).

3DS is going crazy over there, and with those kind of releases it makes sense to have one in japan.

Can't say the same about mines in NA though.

The vita needs to pick up some steam, seems like the 3DS is gaining the PSP's former audience, but knowing japan most people might end up with both (if the vita gets something big).

No most people wont

mutsu

I am playing Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban now, and I would be really sad to see it sell badly when all is said and done. The game is very good if you like both series. I am enjoying it very much and playing it straight for almost hours straight already.

hiska-kun

Media Create:

[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii <ACT> (Namco Bandai) {2008.12.11} - 105.941
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 <ACT> (Namco Bandai){2009.11.19} – 28.282
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco) {2010.12.02} - 29.328
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.23} (¥5.040) - 32.098
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 115.955

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Media Create:

[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii <ACT> (Namco Bandai) {2008.12.11} - 105.941
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 <ACT> (Namco Bandai){2009.11.19} &#8211; 28.282
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco) {2010.12.02} - 29.328
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.11.23} (¥5.040) - 32.098
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 115.955

Great, great great performance. Is it the Japan way of say farewell the Wii?

NeonZ

11./00. [PSP] Kamen Rider: Ultra Climax Heroes <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥6.280) - 20.739 / NEW
12./00. [WII] Kamen Rider: Ultra Climax Heroes <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥6.280) - 14.237 / NEW

Yet another proof that people don't care about "original actor" stuff. At least, not enough to pay for it, apparently. They went out of their way to bring back many actors from the various series, unlike in past games, and yet the sales are lower than the last entry's.

09./00. [PSP] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥6.280) – 23.327 / NEW
11./00. [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes Fourze (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥6.280) – 21.379 / NEW

Boney

Banned
16./17. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.09.27} (¥4.800) - 7.528 / 188.005 (+2%)

so trendy

mclem

Looking at last year's 3DS numbers, was this MH release week? It amuses me that what were massive numbers then are now just a little above the norm.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at last year's 3DS numbers, was this MH release week? It amuses me that what were massive numbers then are now just a little above the norm.

This was Mario Kart 7 week last year.

hiska-kun

¿It's just me or software sales are horrible?

God, last year's week 48 the last game on the top 20 sold:

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2011

20./00. [PS3] Tekken Hybrid <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥7.140) - 14.195 / NEW

Even last week was better:

Media Create Sales: Week 47, 2012

20./15. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980) - 6.967 / 362.952 (-7%)

This year is so low:

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2012

20./00. [PSP] Saint Seiya &#937;: Ultimate Cosmos <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.230) - 6.448 / NEW

My fear is coming true. Japan 2012< Japan 2011
Can Wii U save the year?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe Pokemon Time/Darkness counts two games in a single sale?

Speaking of which, how is Magnagate? Time/Darkness is pretty dark and depressing, how does Magnagate compare?

Interesting to note the minimal difference between the tackers on monhun, must mean the bundle (which famitsu includes and mc don't) probably only sold less than 1k this week

Top Bottom