• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2013 (Nov 25 - Dec 01)

urfe

Wii U has been an unprecedented failure, and a huge rise in sales isn't obvious, regardless of what your hindsight tells you.

Bundy

Banned
p3r1.jpg

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nothing, except fot the usual holiday bump...

The Holiday bump was expected, but that much? For Wii U, which was seriously doing horrible in Japan?
And DQX Expansion on Wii U sold 2x DQX Wii U debut? What...where...

200k for GT6, wat?

Better than I expected for sure, was thinking half that figure. I guess there is still a core of 300-400k people who play GT in Japan.

Madouu

Why is Sales-GAF shocked that Nintendo products get huge boosts during the holiday season?

It's Wii U. It has been consistently falling short of even the most pessimistic predictions here. This time, the bump is actually higher than what people expected.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Mario 3d World flat (or increasing depending on the provider of the top) from last week it's also a good news. 43k bundles with Wii Party U and NSMBU sold.

Why is Sales-GAF shocked that Nintendo products get huge boosts during the holiday season?
I sensed that the value packs with those bundles had potential to sell well for the holidays but WiiU has been very notorious for underwhelming even the most pessimistic predictions.

It's Wii U. It has been consistently falling short of even the most pessimistic predictions here. This time, the bump is actually higher than what people expected.

This!!

Dont piss on our parade...:)

I am really happy for the DQX results..I still have the hope that it will reach our shores.

Orgen

Holy molly, people surprised by the holiday bump of the Wii U? And saying that numbers for GT6 are better than expected when they've been 50% less of GT5 FW?

Bizarro world indeed

test_account

XP-39C²
The Holiday bump was expected, but that much? For Wii U, which was seriously doing horrible in Japan?
And DQX Expansion on Wii U sold 2x DQX Wii U debut? What...where...
People who already had the Wii version of Dragon Quest X, they got 50% discount on the WiiU version if they bought it from the eShop. I think the expansion sales numbers shows that several of people used this eShop opportunity.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Mario 3d World flat (or increasing depending on the provider of the top) from last week it's also a good news. 43k bundles with Wii Party U and NSMBU sold.
Why are the other 5k buying it without Mario, isn't Mario / Wii Party basically free in the bundle? Of course, I would buy a Wii U without it if the difference was even 1€, because I want my games as "real" games, and not just downloads, but in that regard I'm probably "special" ^^.

You know if Nintendo had a 2nd game ready around this time like Mario Kart 8, the momentum going into 2014 could've resembled the 3DS, along with DK on February it could've meant a nice start of a turnaround.

Between Week 40 and Week 44 the Wii U sold 12,874 units (MC), and average of 3,219 per week.

In a single week last week it sold nearly 4 times that combined 4 weeks of sales.

Fuck you if you want to pretend this week's number was likely.

Orgen

Between Week 40 and Week 44 the Wii U sold 12,874 units (MC), and average of 3,219 per week.

In a single week last week it sold nearly 4 times that combined 4 weeks of sales.

Fuck you if you want to pretend this week's number was likely.

You should look at GC December numbers to see that it was likely, yeah (and it's going up next weeks).

And very classy your "fuck you", yep ;)

Top Bottom