• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2016 (Nov 28 - Dec 04)

Pooya

next week it's going to drop like 80 percent, something like that. Maybe if you add in digital sales, in 6 months, maybe it hits a million. maybe...

random25

Super Mario Maker also did well. I dunno what's the expectation but that's pretty good numbers for a port of an already good selling Wii U game.

PS4 hardware numbers are pretty good at least.

FF is not dead, not even in Japan. It's just putting "poor" numbers compared to what it used to.
You can spin it however you want. FFXIII sold 1.5 million. It doubled FFXV sales. It's a huge decline.

Santiako

Oof. That's a rough number for FFXV. With the shrinkage of the console market in Japan it was kinda expected, but still.

Waji

lol, found that pretty funny. XBOX ONE LIVES!

And for the FF 690k, I think it's not terrible, although it's definitely weak for the Final Fantasy franchise. With digital we are looking at 700k +. It will be interesting to see how much it sells next week.

No, it is terrible. And I don't see it have much leg before they release a finished version in the future. They could have done worse of course, but it's still terrible.

FFXV opening is close to to 1 million when you consider digital ( Biggest ever in Japan )

You guys are forgetting Double pack for pokemon which makes it 2.4 million sold.

Wiseblade

Is FFXV's performance really under expectations? I wasn't expecting it to replicate Sun/Moon's sales and ~700,000 sounds good for a franchise that has been through better times and a game that has struggled to maintain consumer excitement through a LONG development cycle.

jett

D-Member
That's much less than I thought FF15 would do. I figure it doesn't reach 1 million without re-releases.

That's the last time we see that kind of Japan-centric character design in a FF game, I bet.

LordKano

FFXV opening is close to to 1 million when you consider digital ( Biggest ever in Japan )

You guys are forgetting Double pack for pokemon which makes it 2.4 million sold.

It's not the biggest digital ratio ever in Japan and if you seriously think it can come close to one million with the digital ratio, I have bad news for you.

Is FFXV's performance really under expectations? I wasn't expecting it to replicate Sun/Moon's sales and ~700,000 sounds good for a franchise that has been through better times and a game that has struggled to maintain consumer excitement through a LONG development cycle.

No, if anything it actually did much better than expected.

Most people had it at 400-500k in the predictions.

Rymuth

Good HW bump for PS4

Tsk...that's a disappointing debut for FFXV..

Awaiting the PS3/PS4 FF13 vs FF15 bump graph.

jett

D-Member
And the PS4 Pro is dead as fuck in Japan, that's for sure.

(tangentially, also doing pretty terribly on Amazon US too)

Zhao_Yun

How does FFXV compare to Persona 5?

01./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 690.471 / NEW
19./00. [XB1] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800) - 3.791 / NEW

01./00. [PS4] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 264.793 / NEW
02./00. [PS3] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 72.974 / NEW

Not great sales for FFXV will have to make up for it in Asia and the west .
Okay PS4 sales but i wonder if the Pro still in short supply .

Final Fantasy decline is real, making a game for "fans and newcomers" didn't help at all.
I wonder what Square Enix can do to fix this.

If I was them, I'd make the next one cel shaded, with atb and target it for mobile and/or switch if the switch turns out to be successful.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS had a better debut than the original, at least at retail

Media Create

01./00. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 138.242 / NEW <56,03%>

Famitsu

01./00. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 143.514 / NEW <60-80%>

Wiseblade

No, if anything it actually did much better than expected.

Most people had it at 400-500k in the predictions.

500k was where I was expecting it to land, but I would have considered that a poor opening. FFXIII did 1.5 million in 2009, a very different market from the one we're looking at now and with the Final Fantasy brand being in a very different place too.

Top Bottom