• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)

Shahed

I wouldn't call Bakemonogatari harem.

konachan-com-58169-bakemonogatari.jpg

Best+bakemonogatari+hybrid+mixed+girl+thread+_798b90186a1fc7c3710eca89023308e9.jpg

Sure it may not actually be a harem in practice. But it gives the illusion of one which may be all that matters

Shengar

I wouldn't call Bakemonogatari harem.

It is harem, but Bakemonogatari wrapped in more uniquely aesthetic style and animation which gives it a lot more persoanlities compared to other anime, even anime in general.

Makes me wonder on how much the PSP VN sells. Is it good sells wise?

Fisico

It is harem, but Bakemonogatari wrapped in more uniquely aesthetic style and animation which gives it a lot more persoanlities compared to other anime, even anime in general.

Makes me wonder on how much the PSP VN sells. Is it good sells wise?

It's probably ok (should have ended beyond 45k), but not awesome otherwise we would have already heard about a second episode or a port on Vita.

Kinda hard to call it harem though, it is rather unique and doesn't focus that much about the chicks going after the guy, more like they all have their unique problems and the guy happen to be there. (Yes I know that fits with the definition of harem, but putting it on the same bag as Oreimo is kinda uuurrrggg)

Shengar

It's probably ok (should have ended beyond 45k), but not awesome otherwise we would have already heard about a second episode or a port on Vita.

Kinda hard to call it harem though, it is rather unique and doesn't focus that much about the chicks going after the guy, more like they all have their unique problems and the guy happen to be there. (Yes I know that fits with the definition of harem, but putting it on the same bag as Oreimo is kinda uuurrrggg)

Wow, so low. Colour me surprised o_O
Is that numbers usual for VN spinoffs of popular LN?
But I guess Bakemonogatari overall is still counted as niche series

Alrus

The VN genre is rather niche in general. VN adaptations never sell that well. And anime adaptations in general don't sell nearly as well as they used to.

Fisico

It's not low at all, the game wasn't helped by the fact the original anime's run was years before too (I don't remember if Nisemonogatari was airing at the time of the release).

If you want to have a better idea how much a game adaptation from an anime sell, just look at the PSP chart in 2012 , Bandai Namco released a shitton of games that year.

Even a super mega hit seller like Shingeki no Kyojin (16 million manga sold in 2013) only managed a 90k opening for its first game.

We have Aquamarine's data on that front.

Profit wise they seem comparable to higher performing XBLA titles when I ran the base calculations, which doesn't seem bad for what are largely ROM dumps:

Not sure how Aqua gets those estimates for digital, but I said when she first posted it that those numbers were very unimpressive, for both ios and android. Obviously Square Enix sees potential in mobiles and is investing heavily in it.

Data stuff

That explains it, but other stuff seems off too, GTA VC on android is between 500k - 1 million and on that german site they have it at ~386K.

To be honest my current expectation is either:
1.) 3DS followed by iOS/Android ~6-12 months down the road.
2.) 3DS/iOS/Android multiplat a la what Level 5 does these days.

I leaned very heavily on option 1 historically, but they are putting out a lot of Dragon Quest on iOS all the sudden, and their CEO was very "We need to make changes right now." in one of their interviews, so 2 is seeming progressively more plausible to me.

2 would make sense to me, except for the fact that they didn't put IX on ios/android, so I'm really not sure what they're gonna do with XI.

Takao

Banned
Kinda unrelated but according to that xyo site Bloodmasque has 97k downloads on the iOS. The thing costs 6 euro (not including any promotion). So altogether Square made 582k euro from the game. I wonder if that game payed for itself.

According to that site Namco Bandai should probably stop making Dragon Ball phone video games. ~50k across two games on iOS and Android is horrific given they're like $4.

Thorgal

DQ 8 still at 10.000-50.000.

If i where to compare it to DQ7 on 3DS which sold 800.000+ in its first week . This does not look impressive at all .

wrowa

If i where to compare it to DQ7 on 3DS which sold 800.000+ in its first week . This does not look impressive at all .

Well, keep in mind that iOS sales are missing from the Google Play statistics. It probably won't come close to DQVII's sales anyway, but DQVIII is also just a port and not a full-blown remake.

To be honest my current expectation is either:
1.) 3DS followed by iOS/Android ~6-12 months down the road.
2.) 3DS/iOS/Android multiplat a la what Level 5 does these days.

I leaned very heavily on option 1 historically, but they are putting out a lot of Dragon Quest on iOS all the sudden, and their CEO was very "We need to make changes right now." in one of their interviews, so 2 is seeming progressively more plausible to me.

For Chaos Rings Sigma, there's a bunch of info here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680197

Including the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kCP-h0L1lc&feature=youtu.be

It was delayed until 2014, so I suspect they have at least moderately high hopes for this, or they would have just put it out as is.

They did actually have a Chaos Rings 1 port to Vita via PlayStation mobile IIRC, and seeing something like this show up on more platforms (as an f2p game still) doesn't seem overly implausible given Matsuda's statement about "we might port successful games over".
Yeah, I'm leaning more towards Option 2 than Option 1, but I have a sneaky suspicion that DQXI might even be mobile exclusive with maybe a possible 3DS version down the line a la Puzzle and Dragons Z. This push really seems massive for iOS/Android all of a sudden and it's as though they're preparing it for the next major DQ. I'm assuming they'll do the same with Chaos Rings Sigma to either 3DS or Vita if that takes off as well.

Possibly, but DQVIII is just a port as opposed to DQVII which got the full remake treatment. Of course ports of DQ remakes have put up similarly impressive numbers on handhelds like the full DQVII remake, though.

Assuming best case scenario:

Highly promoted on JP google play store and iOS store.

Android = 49K
iOS = 3x Android = 147K

Total = 196K

Worst case scenario

Poorly promoted on JP google play store and iOS store.

Android = 11K
iOS = Android = 11K

Total = 22K

No matter what, it's really horrible.

Coxy

Kinda unrelated but according to that xyo site Bloodmasque has 97k downloads on the iOS. The thing costs 6 euro (not including any promotion). So altogether Square made 582k euro from the game. I wonder if that game payed for itself.

it was free for a week

Sandfox

They're still going on with FF despite hardly blowing off the roof.

The thing with their FF releases though is that the games were cheaper and the power of the brand in the west.

I mainly want to see if this affects what they charge for mobile games in the future.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
LTD targets from publishers (sinobi)

[PS3] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.980) - 350K
[PSV] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.980) - 150K

[PSV] Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.980) - 30K
[PSV] Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram [Limited Box] <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.980) - 50K

Well, that company just doesn't learn.

Thorgal

Assuming best case scenario:

Highly promoted on JP google play store and iOS store.

Android = 49K
iOS = 3x Android = 147K

Total = 196K

Worst case scenario

Poorly promoted on JP google play store and iOS store.

Android = 11K
iOS = Android = 11K

Total = 22K

No matter what, it's really horrible.

Yes. it is horrible , No other way to slice it .

Although the question is . why is it apparently bombing this hard ?

Are people in Japan aware of the bad performance of the game ?
Is the price to high ?
Puzzle and dragons stealing their thunder on phones ?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

[PSV] Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.980) - 30K
[PSV] Gekijouban Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram [Limited Box] <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.980) - 50K

Well, that company just doesn't learn.

Are these supposed to be unreasonable? I don't really get it.

Madoka on the PSP did like 100k LTD. 80k seems like a ridiculously conservative estimate.

Fisico

Madoka on the PSP did like 100k LTD. 80k seems like a ridiculously conservative estimate.

For Shin Gundam Musou that's completely unrealistic, the series has been selling around 300-350k copies for each episode, why would it show a 50% increase out of nowhere ? And the Gundam's fans are more likely to wait for the release of Full Boost Extreme VS one month later which looks way better quality wise and is vastly more popular.

Madoka I dunno, aside from the third movie there hasn't been anything new coming and its popularity is probably decreasing. The game is also releasing on a platform with a lower install base.

EDIT : Last time we heard about the PSP game it wasn't at 100k either

Mario007

According to that site Namco Bandai should probably stop making Dragon Ball phone video games. ~50k across two games on iOS and Android is horrific given they're like $4.
Maybe they should? From my reading the website seems to be pretty good at the very least at guestimating the figures so in that case those are some awful figures right there.
it was free for a week
That makes it even worse. Wow.
They're still going on with FF despite hardly blowing off the roof.
I love how stubborn square is. They were determined to make Lightning a popular character and now they are pushing through this mobile thing despite it not really producing much cash, it seems. Maybe one day Square will be stubborn about making FFXV...maybe.

I am kinda glad after hearing all those numbers for Dragon Quest. I hope the new CEO gets a huge reality slap from these numbers and understands that re-releasing their content on iOS/Android isn't exactly a good strategy. I hope that even their original content gets rejected and bombs and flops hard. They should focus their efforts on consoles/handhelds, like they used to do.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Gundam Musou is pure fantasy.

I haven't searched it but I remember there isn't a single PS3/PSV release that sold more than the previous PS3 only release (and if there is it is 1 or 2 titles). Selling less is what usually happens. They just split the userbase, not expand it.

Peff

I am kinda glad after hearing all those numbers for Dragon Quest. I hope the new CEO gets a huge reality slap from these numbers and understands that re-releasing their content on iOS/Android isn't exactly a good strategy. I hope that even their original content gets rejected and bombs and flops hard. They should focus their efforts on consoles/handhelds, like they used to do.

Between that (non) optimization and the price, 10.000 purchases probably covers for dev costs and then some :p

RalchAC

Gundam Musou is pure fantasy.

I haven't searched it but I remember there isn't a single PS3/PSV release that sold more than the previous PS3 only release (and if there is it is 1 or 2 titles). Selling less is what usually happens. They just split the userbase, not expand it.

Well, if we are strictly referring to musou titles, it could be that most of what we've seen this year (when they took the PS3/Vita route) are rereleases, expansions and enhanced ports. Or maybe people is tired.

There are some games that has sell as good as the previous entries. Legends of Heroes and Akiba's Trip were in both PS3/V. And there is Dragon's Crown too, which is so far the best succesful VanillaWare title to date, right?

I love how stubborn square is. They were determined to make Lightning a popular character and now they are pushing through this mobile thing despite it not really producing much cash, it seems. Maybe one day Square will be stubborn about making FFXV...maybe.

Well, they are stubborn about making FFXV, they've been like 5-7 years with it. But they love to make us wait, it seems. I'd want to know (the day it's released) how much money / resources has the spent in the game. There must be a ton of cut content...

Not sure how Aqua gets those estimates for digital, but I said when she first posted it that those numbers were very unimpressive, for both ios and android. Obviously Square Enix sees potential in mobiles and is investing heavily in it.

That explains it, but other stuff seems off too, GTA VC on android is between 500k - 1 million and on that german site they have it at ~386K.

2 would make sense to me, except for the fact that they didn't put IX on ios/android, so I'm really not sure what they're gonna do with XI.
There are two versions of Vice City in the Google Play store.

Grand Theft Auto: ViceCity (Google Play Store: 50.000 - 100.000 | xyo.net: 57.000)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Google Play Store: 500.000 - 1.000.000 | can't find this on xyo)

ZhugeEX

Banned
For Shin Gundam Musou that's completely unrealistic, the series has been selling around 300-350k copies for each episode, why would it show a 50% increase out of nowhere ? And the Gundam's fans are more likely to wait for the release of Full Boost Extreme VS one month later which looks way better quality wise and is vastly more popular.

Really? Are you just counting PS3 copies there? Gundam Musou 3 sold around 380k on PS3. So i think that they could probably hit the PS3 target of 350k? PSV target is way off. No more that 60k i think.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There are two versions of Vice City in the Google Play store.

Grand Theft Auto: ViceCity (Google Play Store: 50.000 - 100.000 | xyo.net: 57.000)

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Google Play Store: 500.000 - 1.000.000 | can't find this on xyo)
Top one seems to be the German censored one.

The thing with their FF releases though is that the games were cheaper and the power of the brand in the west.

I mainly want to see if this affects what they charge for mobile games in the future.

Oh, I definitely think that new games created for the platform will use different business models. The one thing that is handy with iOS though is it's a bit like Steam in that sales are actually effective if properly advertised, but to *really* make money on the platform you need something with a low to free entry barrier and then IAPs.

Dengeki Weekly Software Highlights: Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)

#1. Gran Turismo 6
  • 205K opening week
  • 45% sell-through rate, so ~456,500 copies were shipped for the opening week
  • Gran Turismo 5: 398K first week, 647K LTD
  • GT6 is sluggish in both sales and sell-through compared to its predecessor

#2. Dragon Quest X Online Version 2 (Expansion)
  • 108K Wii version
  • 70K Wii U version
  • Original game (Dragon Quest X Online) sold 704K LTD, so 25.3% bought the expansion in the opening week

#3. Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind
  • 95K 3DS opening week
  • 75% sell-through rate, so ~126,500 copies were shipped for the opening week

Code:
[B]DENGEKI TOP 50 SOFTWARE SALES
Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)[/B]

[U][B]RANK/L.WK	TITLE								PUBLISHER		RELEASE		SALES	LTD		WK. CHANGE[/B][/U]
[b]1/-     PS3     Gran Turismo 6                                                  SCE                     13/12/05        205,417 205,417[/b]    
[b]2/-     Wii     Dragon Quest X Online Version 2 (Expansion)                     Square Enix             13/12/05        108,361 108,361[/b]    
[b]3/-     3DS     Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind                      Spike Chunsoft          13/12/05        94,775  94,775[/b]    
[b]4/-     Wii U   Dragon Quest X Online Version 2 (Expansion)                     Square Enix             13/12/05        69,836  69,836[/b]    
5/3     3DS     Pokémon X                                                       Pokémon Co.             13/10/12        53,922  1,749,145       23%
6/8     Wii U   Wii Party U                                                     Nintendo                13/10/31        49,544  226,328         51%
[b]7/-     3DS     Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy: Supernova                             Level 5                 13/12/05        48,994  48,994[/b]    
8/7     3DS     Pokémon Y                                                       Pokémon Co.             13/10/12        43,033  1,615,514       19%
9/4     Wii U   Super Mario 3D World                                            Nintendo                13/11/21        42,869  178,257         13%
10/9    Wii U   New Super Mario Bros. U                                         Nintendo                12/12/08        41,867  716,650         56%
[b]11/-    3DS     Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Clash! Duel Carnival!                           Konami                  13/12/05        33,317  33,317[/b]    
[b]12/-    3DS     Bravely Default: For the Sequel                                 Square Enix             13/12/05        33,097  33,097[/b]    
[b]13/-    3DS     Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy: Big Bang                              Level 5                 13/12/05        32,794  32,794[/b]    
14/10   3DS     Monster Hunter 4                                                Capcom                  13/09/14        25,088  3,071,326       4%
15/1    3DS     Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2                                   Sega                    13/11/28        19,683  110,133         -78%
16/2    PS3     Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII                           Square Enix             13/11/21        19,206  361,716         -64%
17/15   3DS     Aikatsu! Futari no My Princess                                  Bandai Namco Games      13/11/21        14,653  99,521          -18%
18/11   Vita    God Eater 2                                                     Bandai Namco Games      13/11/14        13,994  312,857         -36%
19/30   3DS     Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life                              Bandai Namco Games      13/08/01        13,983  348,731         91%
20/12   PS3     World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014                                Konami                  13/11/14        13,529  227,297         -37%
21/14   3DS     One Piece: Unlimited World Red                                  Bandai Namco Games      13/11/21        13,350  117,883         -36%
22/28   3DS     Animal Crossing: New Leaf                                       Nintendo                12/11/08        12,771  3,441,217       49%
23/6    PS3     Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag                                 Ubisoft                 13/11/28        12,211  48,514          -66%
24/31   3DS     Friend Collection: New Life                                     Nintendo                13/04/18        11,159  1,518,107       53%
25/19   PSP     God Eater 2                                                     Bandai Namco Games      13/11/14        10,200  163,070         -30%
26/27   3DS     Sentouchuu: Densetsu no Shinobi no Survival Battle!             Bandai Namco Games      13/10/17        10,056  125,974         15%
27/5    PS3     Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends                              Koei Tecmo              13/11/28        9,200   45,768          -75%
[b]28/-    PS3     Batman: Arkham Origins                                          Warner Entmt. Japan     13/12/05        9,038   9,038[/b]    
29/23   PS3     Grand Theft Auto V                                              Rockstar Games          13/10/10        8,789   538,029         -21%
30/29   Wii U   Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version!                               Bandai Namco Games      13/11/21        8,178   34,254          1%
[b]31/-    3DS     Gaist Crusher                                                   Capcom                  13/12/05        8,053   8,053[/b]    
32/36   3DS     New Super Mario Bros. 2                                         Nintendo                12/07/28        7,788   2,056,240       55%
[b]33/-    PS3     The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series                       CyberFront              13/12/05        7,467   7,467[/b]    
34/26   3DS     Daigasso! Band Brothers P                                       Nintendo                13/11/14        7,333   68,060          -17%
35/17   PS3     Call of Duty: Ghosts (Subtitled)                                Square Enix             13/11/14        7,278   259,934         -54%
36/40   3DS     Mario Kart 7                                                    Nintendo                11/12/01        6,324   2,121,334       48%
37/25   PS3     Battlefield 4                                                   Electronic Arts         13/11/07        5,872   162,673         -37%
[b]38/-    Wii U   Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games            Nintendo                13/12/05        5,725   5,725[/b]    
39/18   3DS     Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live: Kira Kira My Design                 Takara Tomy             13/11/28        5,567   20,661          -63%
40/35   3DS     World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014                                Konami                  13/11/14        5,333   29,083          -5%
41/46   3DS     Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon                                      Nintendo                13/03/20        5,306   932,279         66%
42/33   PS3     Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013                              Konami                  13/10/24        5,100   210,287         -21%
43/34   PSP     World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014                                Konami                  13/11/14        5,044   38,938          -13%
44/45   3DS     Super Mario 3D Land                                             Nintendo                11/11/03        4,983   1,893,648       53%
45/20   PS3     Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends                          Koei Tecmo              13/11/28        4,650   18,750          -67%
46/22   3DS     Kamen Rider: Travelers Senki                                    Bandai Namco Games      13/11/28        4,578   16,234          -61%
47/43   3DS     Youkai Watch                                                    Level 5                 13/07/11        4,433   223,473         27%
48/47   3DS     Mario & Luigi: Dream Team                                       Nintendo                13/07/18        4,339   359,841         47%
49/21   Vita    Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends                          Koei Tecmo              13/11/28        4,272   16,572          -65%
50/37   PSP     Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013                              Konami                  13/10/24        3,944   120,335         -16%

Top 50

3DS - 26
PS3 - 12
WIU - 6
PSP - 3
PSV - 2
WII - 1

New releases not present in the Top 50:
Code:
[PSV] Tearaway
[PSV] Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

[WIU] Batman: Arkham Origins

[PS3] Kaihou Shoujo Sin
[PS3] Kaihou Shoujo Sin (Limited Edition)
[PS3] Yakuza 5 (PlayStation 3 the Best)
[PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Special Edition)

[360] Batman: Arkham Origins[/B]

Code:
[B]DENGEKI TOP 3 SOFTWARE SALES PER PLATFORM

[U][B]RANK	TITLE								PUBLISHER		RELEASE		SALES	LTD[/B][/U]

[B]PS3 Top 3:[/B]
[b]1       Gran Turismo 6                                                  SCE                     13/12/05        205,417 205,417[/b]            
2       Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII                           Square Enix             13/11/21        19,206  361,716                         
3       World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014                                Konami                  13/11/14        13,529  227,297                         

[B]PSV Top 3:[/B]
1       God Eater 2                                                     Bandai Namco Games      13/11/14        13,994  312,857                         
2       Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends                          Konami                  13/11/28        4,272   16,572                          
3       Criminal Girls: Invitation                                      Nippon Ichi Software    13/11/28        3,643   19,866                          

[B]PSP Top 3:[/B]
1       God Eater 2                                                     Bandai Namco Games      13/11/14        10,200  163,070                         
2       World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014                                Konami                  13/11/14        5,044   38,938                          
3       Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2013                              Konami                  13/10/24        3,944   120,335                         

[B]WIU Top 3:[/B]
[b]1       Dragon Quest X Online Version 2 (Expansion)                     Square Enix             13/12/05        69,836  69,836[/b]            
2       Wii Party U                                                     Nintendo                13/10/31        49,544  226,328                         
3       Super Mario 3D World                                            Nintendo                13/11/21        42,869  178,257                         

[B]WII Top 3:[/B]
[b]1       Dragon Quest X Online Version 2 (Expansion)                     Square Enix             13/12/05        108,361 108,361[/b]            
2       Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition                     Bandai Namco Games      12/11/29        3,842   577,085                         
3       Mario Kart Wii                                                  Nintendo                08/04/10        1,795   3,601,929                       

[B]3DS Top 3:[/B]
[b]1       Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind                      Spike Chunsoft          13/12/05        94,775  94,775[/b]            
2       Pokémon X                                                       Pokémon Co.             13/10/12        53,922  1,749,145                       
[b]3       Inazuma Eleven Go Galaxy: Supernova                             Level 5                 13/12/05        48,994  48,994[/b]            

[B]DS Top 3:[/B]
1       Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Ultimate Hits)      Square Enix             10/03/04        337     193,081                         
2       Pokémon Black 2                                                 Pokémon Co.             12/06/23        279     1,625,751                       
3       Dragon Quest VI: Realms Of Revelation (Ultimate Hits)           Square Enix             11/02/03        261     150,082                         

[B]360 Top 3:[/B]
1       Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag                                 Ubisoft                 13/11/28        769     4,474                           
[b]2       Batman: Arkham Origins                                          Warner Entmt. Japan     13/12/05        762     762  [/b]            
3       Call of Duty: Ghosts (Subtitled)                                Square Enix             13/11/14        346     13,096

Code:
[B]DENGEKI TOTAL SOFTWARE SALES

[U][B]SYSTEM		SALES		SALES(%)	FY-TO-DATE SALES	FY-TO-DATE(%)[/B][/U]
PS3		357,125		25.0%		7,792,197		25.8%
Vita		55,070		3.9%		2,226,135		7.4%
PSP		41,418		2.9%		2,589,700		8.6%
Wii U		230,396		16.1%		1,404,532		4.6%
Wii		125,663		8.8%		730,529			2.4%
3DS		607,748		42.6%		14,901,529		49.3%
DS		4,960		0.3%		271,167			0.9%
X360		4,947		0.3%		296,585			1.0%
Total		1,427,327	100.0%		30,212,374		100.0%

ZraGrfN.png

aVfpjc2.png

ry80vBT.png

8qbNWO9.png

Code:
[B]DENGEKI TOTAL HARDWARE SALES

[U][B]SYSTEM		SALES		SALES(%)	FY-TO-DATE SALES	FY-TO-DATE(%)[/B][/U]
PS3		24,121		10.7%		441,260			9.4%
Vita		23,562		10.5%		599,699			12.7%
Vita TV		2,476		1.1%		54,847			1.2%
PSP		3,814		1.7%		195,996			4.2%
Wii U		45,023		20.0%		407,891			8.7%
Wii		573		0.3%		36,669			0.8%
3DS LL		91,288		40.6%		2,101,314		44.6%
3DS		33,714		15.0%		861,525			18.3%
X360		335		0.1%		12,387			0.3%
Total		224,906		100.0%		4,711,588		100.0%

VKzkQVz.png

6bRHtVt.png

EvufTmh.png

asPRDyV.png

*Note: The bolded figures (for total software / hardware sales) have undergone minor adjustments in accordance with slight FY-to-date discrepancies
*Note: The term FY-to-date refers to the period from April 1st, 2013 through March 30th, 2014

What is Dengeki? Is it accurate? How is it different from other trackers?
If you don't already know, go to the following link and scroll down to the bottom to learn some information about it:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76980735&postcount=18

Dengeki Spreadsheet Archive
http://bit.ly/16xq86v

Dengeki Historical Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013
(A very special thanks to Road for making this archive possible)

Last Week's Sales Figures: Week 48, 2013 (Nov 25 - Dec 01)

All right. I know this is very late, but this was really the first opportunity I had to sit down and devote a few hours to processing, verifying, and formatting these numbers. Normally I can schedule things around it, but the holiday season has left me swamped.

Besides, someone already posted the juicy stuff, so I figured there was less of a need this week for me to push myself. :p

Ah well, everything is done, so Tsutaya + Comgnet are right on schedule for me, and next week will be fine in terms of a regular schedule.

Road

Bloodmasque is over 500k downloads, it was announce a few days ago (and it is currently free again in celebration). Maybe they only considered paid copies?

I don't know how reliable that site is. I searched for info and saw some articles about www.distimo.com, also launched this year. They use both the public information xyologic/prioridata use, but also have actual sales information from the developers and publishers that use their software, using both sources to estimate sales. No free numbers from them, though.

It's not surprising trustworthy 3rd party sales data for Android/iOS is still in its early stages. At the same time, the irony resides on how actually easy it is to have that information. I don't know why Apple was willing to share download music sales information to Nielsen as early as 2003, but nobody can get anything from them about the App Store,

I think we have a winner for most delusional publisher goal yet shared by sinobi.

Takao

Banned
Gaist Crusher ended up selling 400 copies more than I thought, good job Capcom! It's interesting how there's no presence of Danball Senki at WHF 2014, seems like another bad sign for the franchise.

Not in the Corocoro section.
Not at Level 5's page.
Not in the general items page.

Perhaps this is because the manga seems to be no longer running in Corocoro?

I guess that confirms which one of Level-5's IPs dies. Yokai Watch's anime will air in the time slot currently held by Inazuma Eleven. I suppose IE goes to 7:30, while LBX goes to the bin.

Steel

Banned
Which is more popular mobile platform in Japan, Android or iOS? Just impulsive curiosity while reading this thread.

I'd assume Android since the Iphone is outsold by individual other phones from month to month(not every month). The Xperia was outselling the Iphone for awhile and it's just one android phone.

Edit: Forget this edit.

Steel

Banned
Good good

Now only if Sony would make the xperia line more available in the states

Eh, the Android share is still mostly made up of samsung overall. Also keep in mind that only 24% of phone users in japan use smartphones, so it's an excellent growth market. I actually find it absurd that the app purchases in Japan exceed the U.S with that in mind now that I think of it....

But the Z1s release here(The U.S.) is pretty damn soon, so there's that.

Shengar

Eh, the Android share is still mostly made up of samsung overall. Also keep in mind that only 24% of phone users in japan use smartphones, so it's an excellent growth market. I actually find it absurd that the app purchases in Japan exceed the U.S with that in mind now that I think of it....

But the Z1s release here(The U.S.) is pretty damn soon, so there's that.

What? 24%? I thought the majority of Japan have moved from those clamshell phone to smartphone O__o

Ratrat

Ignoring past edits of my previous post, here's a recent article that actually talks about marketshare:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/31/android-record-smartphone-share-iphone-blackberry

81% Android it says.
Yes, now where are the statistics pertaining to japan?

What? 24%? I thought the majority of Japan have moved from those clamshell phone to smartphone O__o
It's actually closer to 30% now with some estimations expecting it to hit 70% by 2016.

Shengar

It's actually closer to 30% now with some estimations expecting it to hit 70% by 2016.

No wonder all them publisher chase those mobile money.
I really hope PDZ gain significant success and become strong handheld IP so more publisher followed GungHo business model.

Top Bottom