• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)

QaaQer

sörine;93957247 said:
These specific companies existed before PlayStation, I bet they could find a way to survive after it too.

hope so but given the fact that even the mighty Nintendo is a bit wobbly...

The only prediction maybe you'll be close is 3DS.

So it's time for

1369444664600.gif

????

SmokyDave

I expect Wii U to be around 35-40k this week, I hope I'm wrong though.
Vita will be around 65k
3DS around 175k
I'd swap your Wii U and Vita numbers around.

Actually, I'd be pleasantly surprised at 40k for the Vita. I have a bad feeling in my waters.

I should probably google what 'waters' are and whether I actually have any.

QaaQer

And why couldn't they release those games also on Nintendo platform(s), if Sony ones can't be as profitable as in the past anymore? I know the scenario I'm talking about is quite extreme, but Sony's future in the handheld future could take an extreme route (no traditional handheld anymore), so I guess it's not impossible to speak about that in these terms.

Given the the fact that smartphone penetration is expected to go from 30% in 2012 to >80% in 2017, I wouldn't count on the audience for dedicated handhelds to remain the same. I think we have to come to terms with the fact that the pressures that are killing Sony's handheld division do affect Nintendo and 3rd party software developers as well.

Further, Sony exiting the market does nothing to address the underlying profitability of 3rd party developers. In fact, it hurts them because they are forced to deal with a single corporation who now has the power to squeeze them if they want to release software for a dedicated handheld. eg. What kind of deal is Capcom going to get for MH5 if there is only one place they can release it vs MH4? Maybe that is why they are hedging by investing MH profits into a mobile studio instead of beefing up their dedicated unit(s).

PS3 sales on its second holiday:

40,840 1,481,482

TwoWeek 38,424 1,519,906

ThreeWeek 53,084 1,572,990

FourWeek 50,681 1,623,671

5 weeks 49,392 1,673,063

Ty4on

Before the Comgnet numbers I was thinking a slight decline (40-45k) for the WiiU. Now I'm torn as 60k-70k feels like wii numbers, but Comgnet seemed to show a rise. 60k?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
75k is over the top of my expectations!

That's pretty fucking good

THE ASSES HAVE BEEN KICKED.

THE NAMES HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

THE GAMES HAVE BEEN MADE.

NINTENDO'S WII U - LET'S F***ING DO THIS THING!

That ad campaign needs to be plastered everywhere around the globe in combination with the Wii U's rise from the grave to assure complete and total global video game sales domination.

Top Bottom