• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2013 (Jan 28 - Feb 03)

nickcv

With Wii U's current software predicament, I could envisage it actually dropping below the Vita's all-time low at some point. Yikes.

i think the Wii U is pretty much stable at this point... the difference among this week and the last one is just statistical noise

Portugeezer

With Wii U's current software predicament, I could envisage it actually dropping below the Vita's all-time low at some point. Yikes.

It's a console in handheld land, a more expensive console than any handheld. I could see it, not that it means much, 1 over 10k or 1 below 10k, it's still shit sales.

squall23

09./16. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 10.125 / 377.290 (+48%)
17./17. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 7.288 / 413.432 (+8%)
dem legs

What a wonderful sendoff of the Taiko Wii series.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
i think the Wii U is pretty much stable at this point... the difference among this week and the last one is just statistical noise

Its... its quite obviously dropping week by week.

zroid

Banned
Also, for 3DS to actually gain in an otherwise dead week -- I wonder if it's now beginning to stabilize at around 75k whereas it was closer to 60k pre-holidays.

Road

09./16. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 10.125 / 377.290 (+48%)
Taiko no Tatsujin on Wii:

[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Namco Bandai Games) {2008.12.11} - 114.610 / 657.666
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 (Namco Bandai Games) - {2009.11.19} - 29.349 / 418.284
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 3 generations of party together! (Namco Bandai Games) {2010.12.02} - 25.343 / 270.672
[WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii: Definitive Edition! (Namco Bandai Games) - {2011.11.23} - 26.855 / 295.745
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Namco Bandai Games) - {2012.11.29} - 102.437 / 378.343

That's one 3rd party game Wii U shouldn't have a problem to secure...

Cipherr

PSASBR bomba...

and WiiU almost at PSV levels of sales

These are the first two things i noticed. PSASBR is a total brick. Nothing of note saleswise worldwide. I saw that shit coming man. Unless they are just going to go ahead and fully take the knockout mechanics of Smash, and find a way to get more recognizable and well known characters, then they shouldn't bother with that franchise anymore. I have NFI what they were thinking with that game.

And the WiiU is a corpse and will fall below the Vita sales in the upcoming weeks. WiiU and Vita DOA. 3DS on the other hand is killing it. Even Inazuma is doing well.

Frillen

The most insane thing about Animal crossing is that the number is even higher. Nintendo reported over 2.7 Million shipped by 31st of December. I wouldn't be suprised if the game has sold over 3 Million to conumers uptil now, including physical copies, download cards and digital.

nickcv

Its... its quite obviously dropping week by week.

yes it is, and the drop from 2 weeks ago to last week was huge, but from last week to this week it barely moved

What game release will keep it reasonably stable for next week ?

none, but honestly i don't think Ken had any impact

and don't take me wrong, i think it has atrocious performances and there's not going to be any improvement whatsoever in the upcoming future

zroid

Banned
The most insane thing about Animal crossing is that the number is even higher. Nintendo reported over 2.7 Million shipped by 31st of December. I wouldn't be suprised if the game has sold over 3 Million to conumers uptil now, including physical copies, download cards and digital.

The numbers will be more closely represented by Famitsu's data. Media Create doesn't (or didn't?) track download cards.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
depressing Wiita numbers as usual, with PSP not able to fill the Vita "emptiness" and PS3 not able to fill the Wii U "emptiness", and viceversa.
Only the 3ds is doing very good with both hw and sw.

nickcv

GKMXBaU.png

aI69VRP.png

test_account

XP-39C²
Wait, was there no PASBR for Vita or...
It is. It charted on 24th place in the Famitsu chart:

24./00. [PSV] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale <FTG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.01.31} (¥4.980) - 5.210 / NEW

I just did a web search, and you can rent the demo for free from Geo, not the full game.

Apologies.
Interesting that there excist a demo disc though. I thought those hardly excisted anymore.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Actually, I thought Ken's Rage 2 for Wii U would have done worse.

Last year, 3DS had many releases, especially RE: Revelations in January. This year it had literally nothing, but it obtained to sell more units and it even saw an increase the week before DQ7 releases and brand new games start being released. Animal Crossing is truly doing its job magnificently.

Well I guess with all the rumors floating around if Sony blocks used games in Japan they are dead there, so that's one reason I could see it not happening.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
No surprises. 3DS still beast, Wii U and Vita needs software.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
yes it is, and the drop from 2 weeks ago to last week was huge, but from last week to this week it barely moved

Its always a slow prolonged slip to that sub 10k doom-pit.

Velcro Fly

Can only hope Fantasy Life keeps selling really well and that maybe that changes the prospects for Western localization. I know I say that every single week in this thread but that is my true hope.

WiiU in real trouble. Any big releases next week?

I feel like this needs to be plastered somewhere. Wii U entire dated releases in Japan

02/21 Tank! Tank! Tank!
03/20 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...
03/28 Game & Wario
05/23 BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition

I feel like this needs to be plastered somewhere. Wii U entire dated releases in Japan

02/21 Tank! Tank! Tank!
03/20 Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...
03/28 Game & Wario
05/23 BioHazard: Revelations - Unveiled Edition

Exciting month ahead after Tank! Tank! Tank! tanks.

DrWong

Actually, I thought Ken's Rage 2 for Wii U would have done worse.

Not to say it did fine but yes, I also was expecting worse.

Also, why? How?
Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2013 (Jan 28 - Feb 03)

Famitsu Sales: Week 5, 2013 (Jan 28 - Feb 03)

03./11. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040) - 15.098 / 378.343 (+71%)

zroid

Banned
Can only hope Fantasy Life keeps selling really well and that maybe that changes the prospects for Western localization. I know I say that every single week in this thread but that is my true hope.

Since Nintendo co-developed the game, I could see this one easily falling within the swath of titles which Iwata said they intend to pursue localizing in stead of reluctant third parties.

squall23

Also, why? How?
I kind of get the feeling that this exact same question is asked every week. It's the final Taiko Wii game. It's the biggest console Taiko game ever. The song list is as big as any of the arcade versions (100+ songs) so the value within it is staggering not to mention there are console-exclusive songs. So fuck paying 100 yen to play 3 or 4 songs in the arcade.

Top Bottom